[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 14

File: slottwaid.jpg (127KB, 638x450px) Image search: [Google]
slottwaid.jpg
127KB, 638x450px
Huh.
>>
>>79821550
Slott doesn't read comics
>>
>>79821573
I bet he would probably write Superior Spider-Man killing Joker though.
>>
>>79821573
Neither does Waid.
>>
>>79821550
Waid is right, Batman is obsessed with not wanting people to die, even his enemies. Modern Batman of course, OG Batman don't give no shits. That mofo iced niggas like it was nobody's business.
>>
>>79821550
>Slott made a big rant in Twitter how Superman and Batman NEVER kill and if any writer has them kill they don't understand the characters
>tweets this
Okay, I guess Slott doesn't understand anything. Thanks for outing yourself, Slott.
>>
>>79821600
Are you crazy? Waid is a walking DC encyclopedia. That's the reason he got the Kingdom Come writing gig in the first place.
>>
Wow, Slott and Waid are brothers?
>>
>>79821550
>Dan slott
>Complaining about Batman not killing someone
>Yet the same fucking pussy who makes a stink about a woman being cheesecake in a fictional picture book

What a manchild.
>>
>>79821630
Not literally, but you know, if you want to believe it I guess you could make it your headcanon or something.
>>
Why is Waid so fucking confrontational? Why can't he just say 'Well we have to agree to disagree'?
>>
>>79821550
Didn't Slott tweet that Batman never kills and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and an idiot? Does Slott have alzheimer's or something?
>>
>>79821616
Wait, do you actually think Slott doesn't read comics?
>>
BLOCKED
>>
>>79821645
No I think he means that Batman should come pretty close to killing the Joker by doing things like breaking his back or stabbing him with batarangs repeatedly because the Joker keeps coming back from things that you'd assume he'd die from.
>>
>>79821638
Because he knows Slott is just baiting.
>>
hate to say it slott is right

there comes a point where you're being a selfish prick about "muh morals" and blood is on your hands too

batman doesn't want to kill? tell that to the family he just ran over on his latest joke to get batman's attention

tell that to the kids who's dad died because he was the first responder to the call

> arkham is a revolving door
> batman has infinite resources
> access to JLA tech and 4th world shit via miracle & barda
> doesn't build a super prison on the far side of the universe or even solar system to keep him away from society with full food and water for him to die of old age
can have a GL or even superman check up on him with simple scan or supervision every so often

waid's "it's comics" argument is a copout. if you're going to write a character that's over 75 years old eventually you will have to explore all avenues of the character

joker is a flawed character because there is no fucking way he should still be alive. it doesn't even have to be bats, it could be one of his victims family members. modern joker is "HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT' incarnate
>>
>>79821655
Two different anons.
>>
>>79821675
fuck off, slott
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 639x722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 639x722px
>>79821550
>>
>>79821675
>getting angry at a comic book
Autism at it's finest, folks!
>>
>>79821700
Where do you think you are, daddio?
>>
>>79821675
Joker kept on coming back even in the days when Batman still killed people, you miserable casual.

Even when Batman killed the Joker he couldn't kill the Joker.
>>
>>79821700
>He misinterprets that discussion as 'angry at a comic book'
Autism at it's finest, folks!
>>
>But I’m not sure about the killing thing. I don’t want to sound like some fuddy-duddy Silver Age apologist but I’ve noticed a lot recently of people saying Batman should kill the Joker and, yeah, Superman should kill, he should make the tough moral decisions we all have to make every day. I don’t know about you, but the last moral decision I made didn’t have anything to do with killing people. And I don’t think many of us ever have to make the decision whether or not to kill. In fact, the more you think about it, unless you’re in one of the Armed Forces, killing is illegal and immoral. Why would we want our superheroes to do that?
>There is a certain demand for it, but I just keep wondering why people insist that this is the sort of thing we'd all do if we were in Superman's place and had to make the tough decision and we'd kill Zod. Would we? Very few of us have ever killed anything. What is this weird bloodlust in watching our superheroes kill the villains?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/28/grant-morrison-sunday-conversation-batman-wonder-woman/2586739/

Morrison:1
Slott:0
>>
>>79821680
Doesn't matter, look at the context.
>>
>>79821710
This has literally nothing to do with whether or not it makes sense for Batman to try to kill the Joker.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 640x759px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 640x759px
>>79821688
>>79821550
>>
>>79821752
>I, on the other hand, never get characters horribly wrong! EVER.
>>
>>79821730
>I don't kill my dry-cleaner for doing a shitty job, so why would Batman kill an otherwise unstoppable serial killer with a body count in the thousands?
Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>79821730
>What is this weird bloodlust in watching our superheroes kill the villains?
I mean, you'd probably argue that said heroes have a bloodlust since they keep letting their villains kill everyone else, but at the end of they day it's still just whittled down to "we can't be fucked coming up with villains continuously"
>>
I'd actually like to see a sidestory explored where some soldier comes back from a deployment to find his family died due to some supervillain shenanigans, and goes to Arkham and slaughters all the big names there, and the resulting fallout and court case from that with the superheroes take on it.

Punisher had one storyline where he went apeshit on the supers, but for this I'd just like to see what the writers would come up with for a normal guy losing his shit at the revolving door for villains and killing the lot, and how the superheroes would react to someone lashing out in justifiable anger like that. Probably would be an edgy wank fest, but I think it could be done well.
>>
>>79821550
So according to Slott >>79821688 >>79821752 he himself does not understand Batman.
And neither do >>79821794 >>79821775 >>79821675 :P
>>
>>79821830
>:P
>>
>>79821738
Either he doesn't read them or he changes something to benefit his own story (e.g. Silk getting bit by the same spider even though it died in Peter's hands)
>>
>>79821830
In a world where a way to detain people doesn't exist (such as the DC universe), killing an unrepentant and extremely capable serial killer would be the moral thing to do.
>>
Why do people hold batman responsible for the jojker but not anyone else? Why hasn't Gordan killed Joker? Why hasn't some randy at arkham killed joker?
>>
>>79821550
Once again, Slott proves to be an idiot who knows nothing about comic book characters and Based Waid is based. Makes me wish Waid was on ASM instead really.
>>
>>79821862
Because Batman is the main character of his comic and has supposedly dedicated his whole life to protecting the people of Gotham. Of course, the fact that no one else has killed him shows its a plot/genre problem rather than a character problem and
>Muh Batman psyche
doesn't cover it.
>>
>>79821878
>SJWaid
>based
>>
>>79821878
Makes me wish ANYONE was on ASM besides Slott. He did fine when he started out, but he is stale as a year old shit now.
>>
>>79821862
Because on autists like Dan Slott, Max Landis, and /co/ have a hate-boner for the Joker and want to see Batman go full Punisher/DirtyHarry/Zimmerman. Most normies surprisingly don't.
>>
The problem is that the Joker became a serial killer over time. It was fine when all the Joker did, most of the time, was just robbing a bank or doing a prank. Why would Batman be forced kill him? That's silly.

But over time writers tries to make the Joker more hardcore than before and now not only has he become a serial killer with a huge body-count, he now actually goes to harm Batman's children and taunt Batman by killing people in front of him in an attempt to push Batman over the edge.

That's why Batman just seems complacent with the whole deal, because a popular trend with the Joker is showing that he does what he does specifically because of Batman. He's killing because of Batman. So Batman has a hand in the harm the Joker does.
>>
>>79821917
You got baited, dumbass.
>>
>>79821862
Gordon told Batman not to kill the Joker in Killing Joke and told him to do it by the book. Gordon doesn't want Batman to kill.
>>
>>79821550
I hope Batman kills himself once his super brain comes to term with how many people he has killed by not finishing The Joker. So many more orphans because of him
>>
>>79821855
Or they could put Joker in the phantom zone.
>>
Morrison was too good for us.
>>
Too giant fucking SJW faggots slapfighting over dumb cape shit. Thrilling.
>>
>>79821952
Some random anonymous faggot complaining about two giant fucking SJW faggots slapfighting over dumb cape shit. Thrilling.
>>
Batman knows he got a deranged serial killer obsessed with him that harms people to get his attention and he allows the continued existence of such serial killer even when he has the power to stop him.

So yeah, Batman's responsible for what the Joker does, because whatever the Joker does, he does it for Batman.
>>
>>79821550
I hope Batman kills the Joker and Anita Sarkeesian too just to trigger him.
>>
>>79821963
Did he strike a nerve? How many points did your trigger meter go up by?
>>
>>79821972
>I hope the fictional character Batman kills a real living person
???
>>
>>79821976
Some random anonymous faggot samefagging and trying to bait another random anonymous faggot. Thrilling.
>>
23 other posters in this thread and they're all autistic, damn.
>>
>>79821550
>>79821730
This is why Morrison and Waid are true geniuses and comic book scholars of this century. While Slott knows nothing and is just a overrated hack who got lucky and holding onto ASM because he knows he's nothing without it.
>>
>>79822037
>SJWaid
>genius
>>
>>79821794
THEY aren't letting the villains get out,its the government's job to keep them locked up. Despite what people say about heroes their is a pretty big gap between stopping someone from committing a crime and being a full on punisher.
>>
>>79822037

Morrison's wrong, because >>79821971. He shouldn't have written the Joker's as a monster obsessed with Batman. He's one of the many writers that contributed to this fucked up scenario that makes Batman look bad.
>>
>>79822037
>Waid
>genius
I seriously hope you're kidding
>>
>>79822059

The Joker gets out because of Batman, because he's obsessed about Batman.
The Joker kills people to get Batman's attention.
Batman apprehends the Joker knowing he'll be send to Arkham, where security is lax.
The cycle repeats.
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
>>79822044
>>79822073
>Waaaaaahhh! He made fun of our bigoted movement
Goobers get out of here!
>>79822068
Killing is NEVER justifiable. Killing is NEVER right. There is ALWAYS another way (even SUPERMAN says so). Killing the badguys makes you just as bad as them. ALL life is precious, even the bad guys. It doesn't matter if it's Joker, Darkseid, or Hitler, ALL life is precious. REAL Superheroes NEVER kill (even Stan Lee said so).
Mic Drop
>>
>>79822130
You're baiting a bit hard there nigga
>>
>>79822136
It's not bait, it is the Truth. Along with Justice and the American Way.

And please don't use the N-Word. It's hateful.
>>
>>79822130

The problem is that writers like Morrison made the Joker a terrible monster obsessed with Batman. He kills to get Batman attention.

So if Batman lets him go knowing that he'll be out in a couple months to kill again in order to draw him, Batman looks really fucking shitty.

That's my only problem here. Morrison can't say Batman killing is stupid when he's forcing a situation where Batman not killing makes him look bad.
>>
>>79821730
in a realistic world superman would ideally try every possible avenue and then if there was no other way kill the threat. in comics this obviously isn't a problem because the writer can do whatever they like as it's a fictional universe and the rules are not set on what can happen. man of steel was meant to be set in the "real world", where superman would in fact have to kill zod. this isn't fucking difficult and I don't get why it has to be brought up time and time again.

>comic superman shouldn't kill unless it somehow benefits the story (injustice, that time he killed dr light accidentally in trinity war, any situation where ma/pa kent are under attack and the only option left is killing whatever's attacking them)

>movie superman should kill IF IT'S THE ONLY OPTION LEFT because we don't live in an ideal world
>>
>>79822179
Oh, shut the fuck up, We don't need more MoS shitflinging.
>>
>>79822189
the morrison interview is about man of steel, and so is slotts whining. it's an entire thread dedicated to the spiderman writer participating in man of steel shitflinging
>>
>>79822221
Slott was talking about Batman, so no. Now shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>79822155
>doubling down on the bait
You're still making it too obvious nigga. Throttle back a bit
>>
>>79821775
>Otherwise unstoppable
He was unstoppable back when Batman DID kill people, why do killfags continue to ignore this point?
>>
>>79821812
Wasn't that the set up for kingdom come? Magog killed the Joker cause he was fed up with him always surviving and coming back, Then the fallout from that with all the papers and public claiming it was a good thing is what caused superman to quit
>>
>>79822288
They don't read comics and are autistic.
>>
>>79822288
>Batman remembers that a different version of himself from 5 reboots ago couldn't kill a different version of the Joker from 5 reboots ago, and this is why he doesn't try.

Now this is just retarded.
>>
>>79822288

Batman did kill the Joker, or rather Red Hood back then. Then he killed the Joker again. Joker would just get good.

Look it up. Earth-2 was basically immortal.
>>
>>79822319
Yes, that was very fucking stupid. If anything Superman would work even harder just to show people that his way does work.
>>
Guys, Slott's thing is a joke about plot armor. He's not saying it's ok for Batman to kill this one guy. He's saying it doesn't matter what he does to him, he'll be back for the next event.

It's like saying that Superman shouldn't punch Doomsday as hard as he can, because if Superman punches someone as hard as he can, they'll explode. Doomsday won't, so he can go all out.
>>
>>79822358

Kingdom Come was a stupid comic.

Superman exiled himself not giving a fuck to whatever happened.
Batman took control of Gotham with robots
Wonder Woman became a fucking fascist advocating for the deaths of prisoners and got progressively more radical. Then in a new collection of the story Waid added a few new pages that showed her pregnant with Superman's baby, because that would redeem her, right?
>>
>>79822398
>Then in a new collection of the story Waid added a few new pages that showed her pregnant with Superman's baby, because that would redeem her, right?
Is that when WonderSupes was born?
>>
>>79821573
Slott reads his comics.
>>
>>79822475

Nah. DC has been forcing Superman and Wonder Woman before that. This shit started in the 80's with Wonder Woman flirting with Superman in her own ongoing and then became popular with the various Elseworlds.

It's popular because it's as easy as breeding horses. Superman is strong, Wonder Woman is strong, Superman have the colors of the flag, Wonder Woman have the colors of the flag, Superman is important, Wonder Woman is important. They should fug.
>>
>>79821550
Slott status:
[ ] Told
[ ] Not Told
[x] Blue Beetle and Booster Told
>>
>>79822533
Huh, you learn something every day.
Still, it's stupid that they go that route. A is strong, B is strong, they must procreate! What am I, Pokemon trainer?
>>
>>79822571

DC likes to treat their heroes as breeding horses. You can see that when a hero hook up with another hero, most of the times they're pretty alike.

Take Green Arroe and Black Canary, for example.

But in regards to Superman and Wonder Woman, the problem started when they sidelined Steve Trevor as Wonder Woman's romantic partner in the 80's.
>>
>>79821550
ah two of the worst personalities in comics together in one image
fantastic
>>
>>79821675
And you know what anon? You can't relate comics to real life, because you know why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfH3bDPNGHw

That would fucking happen if this was reality, the point of comics is the bad guy keeps coming back if you just go off and end every fucking comic series with batman killing the antagonist what is the point, there is no continuing story and nothing to expand on.

Either way stop with this bullshit of trying to relate comics to real life and this "hur dur batman needs to kill" shit.
>>
>>79821730
>unless you’re in one of the Armed Forces, killing is illegal and immoral
Killing in self defense is completely legal. I don't get why being a soldier suddenly makes killing morally right.
>>
>>79821608
And was thus a shit clone of The Shadow.
>>
>>79823061
It's the ideal of being a warrior and fighting for a greater cause that you believe in so it is okay to kill those who stand in the way of your cause or wish you kill you because of your position.

You are in a different class when you are a warrior. And there could be an entire discussion about honor and all that shit about being a warrior as well, but you know. You can only kill what you are told to kill anyways as a warrior.
>>
>>79821688
Hasn't superman caused the deaths of thousands of Matropolians by punching people through buildings and the like?
>>
File: 1453828224703.jpg (42KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1453828224703.jpg
42KB, 588x588px
>>79823147
Do you actually believe that shit? When you finish 6th grade work on improving your world view.
>>
>>79821630
I laughed.
>>
So how much longer until the next reboot?
>>
>>79821730

Cops kill mentally fucking ill people holding knifes.

I think its perfectly fine for Batman to kill a dude that's murdered 1000's of people
>>
>>79822130

>There is ALWAYS another way (even SUPERMAN says so)

Which is really fucking funny when you consider the fact Superman always goes murder mode when Mongul, Brainiac or Darkseid show up.
>>
DUDE

THINK ABOUT IT

WHAT IF...

WHAT IF...BATMAN KILLED THE JOKER?????

THAT WOULD BE PRETTY FUCKED UP IF YOU ASK ME, BUT IT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK, YOU KNOW?

DUDE
>>
>>79821550
This explains so much about Slott.
>>
>>79823353

But be did.

t. Killing Joke
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 375x155px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 375x155px
How about that.
>>
>>79823343
But police are literally cartoonishly incompetent. Batman is supposed to be better than the police
>>
>>79823345

Superman won't kill mongul, just banish him to the Phantom Zone. Brainiac is a machiene half the time. But Darkseid? Nah fuck that nigga. H e comes to earth and Supes is right to try and kill him every time

He's an evil God no amount of therapy is going to fix that
>>
>>79823369

>Being wrong as fuck

Didn't Superman kill Doomsday, Zod and a few other people?
This is the same shit as "Batman would never use a gun"
>>
>>79823365
Official canon is that he didn't. Choke on my fat fucking cock, faggot.
>>
He's even thrown him down a chimney for heaven's sake what else can you do beyond that FUCK
>>
Here's the problem with the whole Joker thing:

Despite all of the justification for Bats or someone else not offing him, it all rings hollow. The character has been used so much, and come back from situations that should be inescapable so much, that him merely appearing automatically breaks suspension of disbelief in a lot of the readers. I honestly think so many people are in favor of "Just kill him already!" because they're FUCKING SICK OF SEEING THAT BORING ASS CLOWN MOTHERFUCKER.

And honestly? I can't blame them. Every time the Joker shows up, I start thinking about DC editorial decisions and how the writers are locked into using certain legacy characters, not the story I'm reading.
>>
>lobotomy
>paralyse joker from the neck down

Wow, so hard. You keep your moralfag status and jokers no longer a threat
>>
>>79823426

>official canon

Top kek. Its fucking professional fan fiction mate.
>>
>>79822319
So Bearded Superman has started collecting villains that he deems too dangerous from the previous timeline, why hasn't he collected up the Joker?
>>
>>79823529
Thanks to retarded plot armor shit like that would probably just make him even crazier.
>>
>>79821655
Atleast not Spider-man.
>>
>>79823593

That's what I hate the most. The excuses.

>Batman would go crazy
>Batman would start killing EVERYONE
>Batman would be just as bad as Joker >The Joker "wins"

Fucking stop
>>
>>79823550
...because Magog killed him
>>
>>79821638
because he's read some of Slott's work probably
>>
>>79823237
I mean you ask why a solider is able to kill and it is morally right that is basically it. There is no other explanation that is how it always has been bud.

People used for war are exempt from being seen a murderers, they are tools of war for whatever fucking reason and that has never changed why would you get charged with murder while serving in the military where everyone is trying to kill each other?
>>
>>79821550
Waid is right.

But he's also a SJW faggot so fuck him.

>https://twitter.com/markwaid/status/591241805351374848
>>
File: ehehehe.png (515KB, 628x924px) Image search: [Google]
ehehehe.png
515KB, 628x924px
>>79823738
Beautiful
>>
>>79823632
I mean in the current DC timeline. Pre-Nu52 Superman is collecting villains he feels the world is better off without, so why hasn't he grabbed the Joker?
>>
>>79824279
>so why hasn't he grabbed the Joker?

Finding people in gotham is pretty hard for superman, his x-vision is worthless in that city.
>>
>>79823752
People on twitter are sensitive, this isn't new. Even Whedon gets his fair share of hate from his SJW comrades
>>
>>79821550
Waid has become really bad.
>>
>>79821616
>That's the reason he got the Kingdom Come writing gig in the first place.
You mean fleshing out the story Alex Ross had already written? Yeah, I'm sure tgat was really difficult.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x446px
>>79821550
>>
>>79823752
Usagi just blew Waid the fuck out
>>
File: middleschool.png (47KB, 464x240px) Image search: [Google]
middleschool.png
47KB, 464x240px
>>79821550
Twitter screencap thread?
>>
>>79825267
this sets off my /ss/enses
>>
>>79822398
Superman exiled himself because he saw people no longer cared for the kind of Justice he stood for. Also, the Joker killed Lois and the rest of his friends, so was most likely acting out of grief an anger. Superman, in that story, was willing to go see the Joker on trial, so he put aside his own feelings for the sake of Justice. When Magog got out unscathed and with no repercussions, it showed a glimpse of what was to come and Superman just didn't wanna deal with that shit. The whole point of Superman's arc is that he got too attached to being Super and forgot to be a man. He struggles to see whether he does the right thing as an ideal rather than person, especially in a more darker and gray world than he's used to.
Batman taking over Gotham with robots is badass.
Wonder Woman only decides to kill when there's no other way (literally during the prison break in Kansas) and only kills one guy. She also immediately regrets it and Batman snaps her out of it. She was in no way this ridiculous fascist feminazi you claim she was through out the whole book.
Also, the ending with Superman and Wonder Woman having a kid was cute. Fuck off with that shit. Did you even read Kingdom Come?
>>
>>79825267
Nicole Ani/ss/ton is an e/ss/ential /ss/fu.

http://pornsharing.com/nicole-aniston-and-her-friends-suck-boys-off_v17772#.Vel6Ec773BI
Just go to 1:05
>>
>>79823752
I don't know if that first tweet is asking a question or simply making a statement?
>>
>>79821550
Yeah this won't end well.
>>
>>79821656
They both use the same blocking script so yeah, one blocks you the other will too.
>>
File: 1455088887405.jpg (174KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1455088887405.jpg
174KB, 1000x1500px
>Don't like Waid anymore after his Daredevil dragged on forever, shitty SHIELD comic, Avengers and his slavery shit.
>Used to wank off to him and would defend him
What happened, bros? Did Marvel really kill him?
>>
>>79821752
Based Jim
>>
>>79825859
He's trying to reach the kids
>>
>>79821914
The Joker was a serial killer in his first appearance.
>>
>>79822155
>American Way.

This was born dead anyway
>>
>>79825267

This pedophile should be shoot on sight. Pedophiles deserve nothing but pain and shame. You disgust me and i hope you get ran over by a buss.
>>
>>79821945
Will we ever see someone as kind and nice and well-mannered as Morrison in comics again?
yes I know snyder exists
>>
File: OnePieceOpeningsHD.png (129KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
OnePieceOpeningsHD.png
129KB, 426x240px
>>79821550
>Waid BTFO's DC haters
Maybe there's still some hope for you, Mark.
>>
>>79822155
>please don't use the n-word
ha nice bait got me to respond
>>
>>79821688
>Slott doesn't even read what he tweets, thus contradicting himself like a moron
He's insane, indeed.
>>
>>79826259
>implying women can be pedophiles
>>
>>79826696
>it's not a crime if a woman does it
tumblr pls
>>
>>79826259
Oh but it's alright for a 60 year old rich guy to marry a 20 year old girl. Kill yourself.
>>
>>79823752
>Vivian James XD
>Gamurrgade lulzzzzz

I fucking hate those underage 8ch users. I wish they would just fuck off already. They're worse than SJWs.
>>
>>79826901
Who exactly is it bothering besides your fatass virgin self?
>>
>>79826259
Who exactly is it bothering besides your fatass virgin self?
>>
>>79821550
>Nolan movies constantly makes a case against the use of guns and killing villains
>The city is saved by a woman shooting down Bane with a gun and Batman indirectly making some torpedos land on Talia
>Killing AND guns literally saved Gotham city

POETRY

Then Blake becomes batman with the no killing no guns shit despise the fact that using guns to kill saved the city
>>
>>79827260
Children, you fucking moron. And why would you copy and paste my exact sentence to someone else?
>>
>>79826838
dude, I'd have killed for a woman to even LOOk at my dick at 13
>>
>>79827375
Slutt pls
>>
>>79826406
Johns.
>>
>>79821675
Batman is best friends with Superman. Simply ask Supes to toss Joker in the Phantom Zone. Problem solved.
>>
File: JLU2-20.png (1MB, 783x617px) Image search: [Google]
JLU2-20.png
1MB, 783x617px
>>79821675
>if you kill him you become like him!
>if you kill the Joker, you become the Joker
OH SHI--
>>
>>79821675
Makes more sense if you "limit" the amount of times that Joker did actualy evade from Arkham or did actually kill people.

It just depends on what you view as "canon" Batman background details.
>>
>>79827488
Sometimes what you want isnt what you need
>>
>>79821636
>Yet the same fucking pussy who makes a stink about a woman being cheesecake in a fictional picture book
What woman are you talking about? Or are you just assuming because he's a Marvel writer that clearly he would.
>>
>>79826901
It is tho. They are both adults in that situation. A 13 year old is not an adult
>>
>>79821550
And just like that, Waid found himself blocked from Slotts twitter.
>>
>>79821550
Isn't Slott the one who ratcheted up Spidey's no kill faggotry? I think he's just shitposting.
>>
>>79821730
Morrison had Superman try to kill Maggeddon though.
>>
>>79821675
I don't think Batman is responsible for the people Joker's killed. He could have prevented a lot of them, sure, but he didn't pull the trigger, so he doesn't have to bear any moral weight for the deaths if he doesn't feel he should. If he WERE to feel burdened by them, then I would agree that he needs to pull his panties up and kill Joker instead of being a whiny hypocrite, but that's another issue.

At the same time, I don't think anyone who actually would choose to kill the Joker is automatically a monster. Joker's done enough to warrant the death penalty and won't ever change. Insanity defense wouldn't work for him because he acts with mens rea, so a reasonable jury would sentence him to death anyway if they ever bothered to try him.

He needs to get Franked, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>79828899

The dilemma of the Joker is that his constant escalation of violence is correlated to his escalation of popularity.

The Joker makes DC too much money for him to be killed. He's a walking reminder of Batman's impotence.
>>
>>79829440
I bet that Batman/Joker ongoing would rake in buckets of money.
>>
>>79821630
>both short
>both fat
>both bald
>both manchildren
>>
>>79826696
>women can't be pedophiles
>being bluepilled

In that case, you'll be surprised.
>>
>>79829469

It would, but it would likely lose steam.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>79826696
Wew lad
>>
>>79821675
Slott's right if he's talking about his feelings on Batman killing the joker morally, and not about whether he's talking about if it's consistent with his character. If he IS talking about his character, then Slott's a fool and a hypocrite - killing is the kind of thing you have to reserve for end stories, like The Killing Joke, and could never happen in a normal month-to-month serial because it's too powerful of a shift in Bruce's character.

But morally... We're at the point where Bats is sacrificing people for his own morality and is himself becoming a villain, but that's what happens when DC has pushed for years the idea of Gotham being a first-rate hell hole.

The Joker should die, but Batman shouldn't do it. Fuck, get Jason Todd to do it, and don't have ten issues where Bruce gets butthurt about it.
>>
>>79821616
That's the reason he got The Flash job. Said as much in the letters pages when WML was signing off and Waid was coming in after a short stint as editor.
>>
>>79825859
>What happened, bros? Did Marvel really kill him?

He loves taking things back to square one or the most iconic situation with his stories (Thawne, Bullseye, Kingpin, aliens from Avengers movie, etc). Marvel has become so commercialized that his style of riffing on the classics doesn't mesh with that corporate synergy™.

I bet he'll be back at DC in five years time.
>>
>>79827094
Stay rustled cuck
>>
>>79827094

>They're worse than SJWs.

Nah, the most they can do is whine on Twitter. SJWs are actually in positions where they can influence entertainment.
>>
>>79832372
>I bet he'll be back at DC in five years time.

I have real doubts about DC taking back anyone like Waid unless they get real desperate.
>>
>>79821550
Dan slot and mark waid are brothers?
Fuckin plot twist

BENDIS
>>
>>79832372
>I bet he'll be back at DC in five years time.
He's not even gonna think about coming back until Harras leaves.
>>
>>79821775
Actually its more, why don't you? Why dont you go out and kill the first serial killer you can find? Why dont you just go around killing everyone that you think deserves to die? People always put the wrong emphasis on why doesn't batman kill the joker. Its why dosent the government kill him. Its not batman job to kill him. But we all know the real reason. People buy comics just as much for the villains as they do for the heroes.
>>
File: 1420224934552.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420224934552.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>79821550
>>79821688
It's like poetry
>>
>>79821971
There are many serial killer profilers that deal with the same thing. So they should go out a kill them their self?
>>
>>79821971
So if I gave birth to a child, and he dedicated his whole life to murdering others as long as I was around, it's my responsibility to either dissappear or kill him?
>>
>>79834475
You can always call the police on your kid.
>>
Comic writers are retarded manchildren that live out of social media attention. What's new?
>>
>>79834220
The whole point is that they're heroes. They have the power we don't and instead of choosing an effective disposal method they let the bad guys live.

It's like if there was a known bad guy fucking up and killing the populace, manipulating things from behind the scenes. Ruining a lot of lives from on high on in the shadows. We as people have to start a revolution or be really fucking crafty to remove these poeple.

But a hero doesn't have to, no red tape binds them, they can doa lot of good by cutting out the tumor directly.

Quite simply, those who have the power do, and those who don't so not. So if they're really good guys then thier real objective shouldn't be to stash away some psycho in a prison that the bad guys can break out of. They should either be trying to rehabilitate them, or kill them.

I think it's best when batman doesn't kill these folks out of a sense of duty because he created these monsters, but I don't see him trying to help them much unless they have tits.
>>
>>79834992
a hero does what the law cannot, but does not take the place of the law
>>
>>79821608
He still tried not to though
>>
>>79821638
I love Waid, but he can be a bit of a shit on Twitter, flying off the handle at every breaking news story without bothering to get the whole picture, then getting defensive when everyone clues him in.
>>
>>79828274

I think he is talking about that Spider-Woman cover by Milo Manara.
>>
What? Batman killed Joker in Snyder's run. Twice!
>>
>>79838272
When has Slott ever even remarked on that cover?
>>
>>79838308
When it first got announced and everyone shit their drawers I remember Slott trying to tell people it wasn't a big deal and not to overreact.
>>
>>79821582
He wrote Otto murdering Spider-Man and stealing his body. Shit, he murdered tons of Spider-MEN.
>>
>>79821550
Doesn't Slott constantly bitch about of Supes in MoS shouldn't have killed Zod despite having literally no other option?
>>
>>79839015
I think Waid has the most well-known meltdown about it

but Slott probably did too
>>
>>79821638
generally I agree but Slott is a cunt who needs to be called out by people he's too afraid to block on twitter
>>
>the year is 2025
>Dan Slott, writer of Batman, switches the minds of Batman and his self insert, Humpty Dumpty.
>Introducing Humpty Dumpty as The Better Batman, an all-new series from Disney Comics
>>
>>79839015
Most people who don't like it tend to argue that the script shouldn't have put him into the situation of having no other option though, is Slott really dumb enough to argue within the context of the scene?
>>
>>79839232
Yes
>Superman would've FOUND a way
is his constant mantra.
>>
>>79839304
I mean he would've because he's Superman

but Slott is still a bitch
>>
>>79839354
Fuck off with this. In context of that world/scene there was literally no other way.

Saying he would've because he's Superman would be nothing but a cheap fucking plot device which explains why Slott is in favor of it
>>
>>79839476
in the hands of a writer/director who appreciated Superman for what he is and not what the writer/director/producer/executives want him to be, Superman would've found a way, then
>>
>>79839599
Completely different argument.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.