[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will people stop generalizing that starting with S3, Gumball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (34KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 256x256px
When will people stop generalizing that starting with S3, Gumball became a completely unlikable, loud, meme-spouting and remorseless jerk.

While I do believe he did become flanderized somewhat during the third season, it didn't become noticable until around the second half of it (The Saint, The Society etc.) and didn't become permanent until the fourth season.

Even with this change in character, Gumball has shown to still have some levels of wit (The Hug, The Pest) and kindness (The Advice, The Traitor, The Nemesis, The Pest, The Upgrade etc.) left in him.

So before you go rambling about how Gumball's character has been ruined, remember that it's nowhere near as bad as you might think.
>>
>>79817553

You do realize it's only one anon saying it, and it's only an excuse to cover how his furry shota boner got killed off?
>>
>>79817830
Then why did multiple people agree with >>79784352 ?
>>
>>79818136
Because he is right.
>>
>>79818136
>>79818182
aka, Ben wants Gumball to be happy for once, aka, another weak excuse. Even he acknowledged Penny is bland and boring and need characterization to become interesting, Penny's current role is limiting her chance because her Mary Sue trait has to balance out Gumball's jerkass attitude.
>>
>>79817553
who is that angry semen demon
>>
>>79818487
Is this your first day on /co/ or something.
>>
>>79817553
Similar things apply to other minor characters, and are more successful than Gumball's and Nicole's situation.

Tina may be a big jerk&bully in season 1, but becomes better and less intimidating in later episodes.

Masami used to be a rich bitch character, but changes drastically in "the gift".

Bobert has troubles to comprehend emotions, but do it better in later episodes.

Banana Joe was very annoying, but becomes more likable than plain annoying.

Carrie could be rude at times, but turns out to be one of the most dynamic and least one dimensional character in the show.
>>
>>79818136

Don't tell me you take people who call Gumball a jerk for not being a betamax like Dipper or Finn seriously

They expect a character that reacts to everything by worrying and crying instead of fucking shit up right back.
>>
>>79818734
Dude, this discussion really is like another "Batman vs Goku" argument. The outcomes are almost always depend on writers' decisions. All the arguments are obsolete because different writers have different kind of shows to handle. Thus, the results in other shows obviously will be very different.
>>
>>79817553
>When will people stop generalizing that starting with S3, Gumball became a completely unlikable, loud, meme-spouting and remorseless jerk.
He kind of did.
>>
>>79818862
>When people stop generalizing Gumball becomes a utter jerk
When Gumball and Penny break up. That is all, because no one will give a crap to care about Gumball anymore, the audience will only care about their heartbroken waifu.
>>
>>79818920
People waifu Penny?

Shit-taste-having mothefuckers.
>>
>>79819088
not just her, along with other characters as well, and that is a whole new story.
>>
>>79817553

pertaining to Gumballs family

Gumballs mother is a angry asshole with a temper problem but you figure out the reason is that she apparently had a less than stellar childhood and in the limit it shows that she can overcome her inner demons

aniese is a complete know it all in the beginning but she begins to be humbled as throughout the episodes nothing makes sense and elmoore constantly defies all logic. we also learn that she hates being to smart as she cant have fun with gumball and darwin and people expect alot from her.

Darwin learns to share Gumball and not be so jealous.

Gumball learns......... nothing

gumball doesnt learn to not meddle in others affairs. he doesnt learn to respect others life choices. he doesnt learn anything. He always lucks out and manages to solve to problems that HE creates and still for some reason is well liked by his classmates and penny. For fucks sake he literally created a villian on purpose just because.

The true hero of Elmoore should be Larry.
I think about 70% of people in the world are Larry's and god knows its a awful life.
>>
>>79821040
someone really needs to give Larry a warm fuzzy hug after all those torments he has been.

To be honest, other students characters such as Carrie and Banana Joe, in term of personalities (since their appearances and impressions are above average and stable), can become some good main characters materials. Instead, we are gonna have the annoying duo that ruin others' business for most of time.
>>
>>79818650
Has tina been in another episode after season 1?
>>
>>79821101
I would like it better if every episode pertained to a certain classmate.

Like what is Tinas daily life at home like. shes a ginat T-Rex who lives in a junkyard ffs.

What about Carrie. How much business does she have to do in the underworld and what customs does she follow. how could Carrie ever die and if she did where would she go?

If Amazing Worlf of Gumball started having episodes about the side characters Id try watching it again.
>>
>>79821040
>she apparently had a less than stellar childhood

Behavioral genetics disagrees. You have a terrible childhood and then become a terrible person because your parents were like you, not the other way around.
>>
>>79821168
Some cameos and talks in S2, and no talking roles beside roar and grunt in S3 and S4.
>>79821181
Sound like some wonderful ideas mate. I think the show might be better if the show is this way. Also, I once read a fanficition on how Carrie borns and how she struggles as a half ghost.
>>
File: amazing_world_of_2hu.jpg (155KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
amazing_world_of_2hu.jpg
155KB, 850x637px
What if Elmore was a Gensokyo
>>
>>79821333
Even in different universe, Carrie and Tina are look the same
>>
File: 1445091021643.jpg (84KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1445091021643.jpg
84KB, 355x355px
>>79817553
>S1 Gumball
Cute
>S2 Gumball/rightball
Funny and clever. Also, he was right.
>S3-S4 Gumball
Inconsistent. Sometimes he is fine. Sometimes he is completely unlikable, loud, meme-spouting and remorseless jerk

S2 > S1 > S3-S4
>>
File: CZuIBPqWQAAvS4x.png (913KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
CZuIBPqWQAAvS4x.png
913KB, 1023x575px
>>79821234
She did have a barely audible speaking role in The Gift, but that's it really.

Also, Gumball being an annoying shit is funny when done right
>>
>>79821040
By that logic, Rick would be totally unlikable as well. He has destroyed entire civilizations and universes while showing little to no remorse in his actions. So why would Rick get get a free pass on his actions while Gumball doesn't. Don't say it's because Rick has cleverness and charm (Gumball has it too.)

>>79921181
I too agree some side characters need more time in the spotlight but don't you remember how episodes that featured them took up about half of S2.

>>79823296
This.

While he can be completely unlikable in some S3-S4 episodes, Gumball acts pretty much identically to his S2 self in other episodes.
>>
>>79824485
Because Rick is actually funny
>>
>>79824548
What makes Rick funny and Gumball not funny. They both are very snarky and seem to be for the most part selfish minus a few moments of selflessness. The only thing Rick has going for him above Gumball is his intellegence.
>>
>>79824721
>>79824721
>What makes Rick funny and Gumball not funny
Its a fucking joke, right? Rick is a magnificent bastard. He has power, intelligence and charm. Characters like him are admired. And S3-S4 Gumball? He is an annoying retard, a unlikable stalker and a loser in every aspect.
>>
>>79823733
>pic unrelated.
>>
it seems the Watterson family, aka, the supposedly main characters of the show, all have became very unlikable due to inconsistent development and characterizations. That are sad, really, in this aspect, the side characters have better potentials.
>>
>>79826758
>side charactes
Nah. Improve the main characters is a better idea.
>>
>>79827406
that work better. The writers need to stop using internet jokes and get serious for once. Really, I am losing my patient here.
>>
>>79826758
Although the Wattersons aren't exactly truly likable characters, they still have enough redeemable values to them and unique traits that separate the family members from each other that they remain somewhat relatable and tolerable unlike for example the TTG Titans.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-08-19h42m18s953.png (451KB, 1022x558px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-08-19h42m18s953.png
451KB, 1022x558px
>>79827637
The Origins was a example of good writing.
>good charactericacion
>positive interactions between characters
>not memes
>not forced jokes
>not stupid ending
10/10 episode.
>>
>>79827663
>TTG Titans
Please don't mention it.
>>
First episode I ever saw was some meme parody best-of

Sadly, in an attempt to use extremist cynicism to seem like I have a personality, I made an asshole of myself

It's pretty sad considering it was my cousin, whom I enjoy spending time with, who showed me this (hopefully I used "whom" right)
>>
>>79827916
why not? TTG is a funnier show.
>>
>>79826758

Way to ignore certain character development of certain characters in episodes of The Man and The Signature.
>>
>>79827888
it was a good episode but
>not realising that gumball is a meme show
>>
>>79828303
>being the same is character development
>>
>>79828303
>The Man and The Signature
That count, but Richard already has too many episodes, not to mention the development can be drastic, sometimes may only take few minutes to do so.
>>
File: 1443143456298.png (249KB, 269x325px) Image search: [Google]
1443143456298.png
249KB, 269x325px
>>79828303
>yfw Louie and Frankie are better characters than Richard

Richard is truly the worst character
>>
Why is it that Richard gets more episodes than Nicole? Nicole only had ONE episode in Season 3 and that is The Mothers.
>>
>>79825251
So is the entire cast of Seinfeld and It's Always Sunny but people people still enjoy them.
>>
File: kay.png (61KB, 292x356px) Image search: [Google]
kay.png
61KB, 292x356px
>>79828993
>Louie will never be a permanent member of the household
We was a pretty cool grandpa.
>>
>>79829019
>The Mothers
That was not a Nicole's episode. It was a Banana Barbara episode.
>>
>>79829019
Maybe the children audience like Richard more, since Nicole is really similar to nagging mother type character, which the children audience usually dislike.
>>79828993
Louie, the one of few likable father figure in the show.
>>
>>79829019
Richard is more fun and can act like a child while Nicole will always just be an adult..
>>
File: what sup gummypuss.png (707KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what sup gummypuss.png
707KB, 1280x720px
>>79829249
>implying
>>
>>79829466
she's a funny mom character, but Richard is a funny character all around
>>
>>79829466
>S1 Nicole
Dude, that was only one episode. After that, things change very differently.
>>
File: 1451036186868.jpg (12KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451036186868.jpg
12KB, 210x240px
>>79829551
>Richard
>funny
>>
>>79829659
Funnier than Nicole
>>
>>79829691
And........
Rachel, Jamie, Molly, and other background characters.
>>
why is this scene so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGGY_JpYAo
>>
>>79829910
Because S2
>>
What happened with Rachel Wilson?.
>>
>>79830242
She got hated to oblivion, by the team.
>>
>>79830303
Why?
>>
>>79830442
the team thinks Rachel is boring and uncreative.
>>
>>79830242
She proved that people will keep grieving on the loss of a minor side character for years on end if said character is fap worthy.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.