[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Capeshit is dumb >Americans are dumb >Read my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: Hagrid.jpg (3MB, 2135x2735px) Image search: [Google]
Hagrid.jpg
3MB, 2135x2735px
>Capeshit is dumb
>Americans are dumb
>Read my shitty fishrape comic
>>
Alan Moore just seems like a man that couldn't cut it writing actual novels so he decided to go with comicbooks.
Like Kojima with vidya gaems instead of movies.
>>
File: 1455136782754.jpg (15KB, 210x158px) Image search: [Google]
1455136782754.jpg
15KB, 210x158px
>>79805549
you sound underage
>>
>>79805614
He sounds right tho, Moore is like Stan Lee, except that Stan actually likes earning all the money from the things he stole from Kirby
>>
>>79805648
>He sounds right tho

>writes great comics
>h-h-hes just a failed novelist!!

k
>>
>>79805614
You sound retarded.
>>79805715
The bar for a great comic is a lot, lot lower than the bar for a great novel.
Watchmen is cute and all but it loses all meaning out of the context of capeshit.
>>
>>79805549
Kojima at least seems happy with his job in video games, aside from the whole Konami problem, Moore seems like he's pissed off about it.
>>
>>79805957
Yeah, the comparison isn't exactly direct, as Kojima does enjoy his work immensely.
>Moore seems like he's pissed off about it
Hence why he just seems like a failed novelist.
Too stupid to write a good book, too bitter to embrace that all he's done are good comics.
>>
File: johnkric.jpg (89KB, 610x778px) Image search: [Google]
johnkric.jpg
89KB, 610x778px
>New animation is dumb
>Americans are dumb
>Watch my shitty cartoons
>>
File: darkviv.jpg (294KB, 1019x706px) Image search: [Google]
darkviv.jpg
294KB, 1019x706px
>>79805954

stop glorifying books

writing is usually only appreciated when the author has a unique style of prose or the ability to deliver complex ideas in a sensible, interesting flow; the plots and characterization can be imitated very faithfully by comic books, movies and lots of other shit, it isnt unique to written word
>>
Capeshit and Americans are pretty dumb, yes,
>>
>>79806267
That's nice and all but it still doesn't glorify Moore's writings past being good/great for comicbooks.
>>
>>79806558

why would being a good comic book writer somehow make him less of a good writer than someone who writes novels

it is incredibly retarded to hold books above all other media as some sort of god-tier medium populated solely by the most brilliant creative minds ever, and all other mediums are "just people who couldnt write books"
>>
>>79804736
>fishrape comic
I gotta read this. You know, to see what the bloody Hell is going on.
>>
>>79807102
Neonomicon its shitty
>>
>>79804736
He's a self righteous prick and his commie/anarchist political views piss me off.

But fuck, man. Watchmen was good.
>>
>>79807365
Watchmen was good. I don't think it's his best though.
>>
File: Alan Moore.jpg (97KB, 566x535px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Moore.jpg
97KB, 566x535px
>>79804736
>>
>>79805954
>>79807915
good? it's fucking amazing
and so is From Hell
>>
>>79806027
Absolutely agreed here.
Kojima actually likes fucking around with the interactivity of his medium, thowing in little curveballs, like the number code on the back of the game case and all the easter eggs he likes to throw in.
It feels more like Kojima just wants to bring movies to life through vidya (Policenauts was literally Lethal Weapon in Space to name an example). He's not angry that he's not directing blockbusters; he's happy making blockbusters through his preferred medium.

Meanwhile fucking Moore can only mark the world in a medium that he himself considers inferior to the one he'd rather be using.

Morrison is winning this feud, and his takeover of Heavy Metal is just another notch in his /fa/ as fuck belt.
>>
>>79804736
>satan's dick sucker
>m for memedettea
>let's make a revolution by posting our meme masks on our instaglols
>>
>>79808275
Morrison is the Kojima of comics.
>>
>>79807915
That would be Miracleman.
>>
Providence is a good comic tho.

The rape was a bit much, but that's every Moore comic.
>>
File: lucky for you i'm a fish lover.jpg (669KB, 2017x2017px) Image search: [Google]
lucky for you i'm a fish lover.jpg
669KB, 2017x2017px
>>
>>79805954
>The bar for a great comic is a lot, lot lower than the bar for a great novel.
The New York Times thinks David Foster Wallace wrote great novels.

Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>79808359
The rape is part of why I read moore
>>
File: little fish.png (470KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
little fish.png
470KB, 592x592px
>>79808458
>>
>>79806267
>>79806616
/co/ butthurt that /lit/'s greats are greater than their greats
>>
>>79808275
Kojima bought the jacket Ryan Gosling wore in Drive and thought Hot Coldman was a good character name. His political rhetoric is nonsense and his idea of a good storyline is a soldier trying to build a playground for other soldiers

suck his dick harder
>>
See, the problem with Moore is, out of context, his quotes make him sound like this angry, bitter, confrontational old man.

But hearing him actually speak makes a world of difference. He's just taking the piss out of people.

He's like comics Robert DeNiro. He's already done his best work and he knows it, so he just does whatever the fuck he wants now. And he's earned the right to do so.
>>
>>79808546
I never mentioned the quality of his writing, you idiot.
I just said he preferred the medium in which he worked, in contrast to Alan Moore, who really doesn't seem to.

Get triggered somewhere else.
>>
>>79808546
>Kojima bought the jacket Ryan Gosling wore in Drive
It's a nice jacket.
>>
>>79806190
This comparasion is stupid, Moore actually have influence in the comic industry and Watchmen still one of the most popular and well acclaimed comics of all time.

John K is just the guy who did that weird show nobody remembers anymore
>>
Kojima isn't even good, and I like MGS.
Moore is easily one of the the best comic writers ever.
>>
>>79808568
DeNiro hasn't earned that right.
>>
>>79808732
He earned that right as far back as Taxi Driver.
>>
File: Grant Morrison Guide.gif (498KB, 1008x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Morrison Guide.gif
498KB, 1008x1836px
>>79808315
This so fucking spot on it's spooky.

Meme Mages of the highest order.
>>
>>79808945
They're both still hot in their 50s too
>>
>>79808495
I can't stop you, but it doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.
>>
>>79804736

Fuck you, Lost Girls was good.
>>
>>79809266
My dick gives, at most, zero shits.
>>
>>79809307
God, that comic is the reason I lost my virginity. That's one thing I thank Alan Moore for.
>>
>>79809471
Story?

I lost my virginity while watching The Room of all things.
>>
>>79809679
>Been with gf for 8 or so years now
>Back in 2008, we were both 16, it was approaching Christmas and was my girlfriend's birthday a few days prior
>On the weekend, her parents were away, I still haven't gave her her present yet
>She's a fan of Alan Moore's stuff, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, etc. She loves comics.
>I get her something we both haven't read
>I get her Lost Girls
>We read a page each
>I notice my gf is squirming uncomfortably beside me, crossing her legs and biting her lip.
>I then get to the page where Dorothy is touching herself during the tornado
>My girlfriend can't hold it in any more
>She moans beside me, out loud
>I look at her, she away embarrassed
>I ask her to look back at me and I tell its okay
>We kiss and then one thing led to another
>Passionate loving for the rest of the night
>We read Lost Girls every year now as tradition
And that's how I lost my virginity. Must have been weird for you to lose your virginity and listen to the cries of Tommy Wiseau at the same time.
>>
>>79810032
Nah, we turned it off.
Neither of us had heard of it and it happened to be April 1, when Adult Swim typically airs it.
We both laughed at how stupid it was, got bored, and started making out.
She hadn't really put out till then; we hadn't been together that long.
>>
>>79808695
Ren and Stimpy's influence can still be seen today as well as John K's contributions to the industry (storyboard-driven television animation, Rough Draft studios, influencing the idea behind What-a-Cartoon, etc)
>>
>>79805954
>the bar for a great novel.
You mean like the smash success 50 Shades of Grey?
>>
>>79808695
>John K is just the guy who did that weird show nobody remembers anymore

But Spongebob and all the cartoons influenced by it stole the retarded secondary characther archetype and the "gross close-ups" from Ren and Stimpy
>>
>>79804736

His bitterness towards Morrison is so fucking kektastic.

Especially when he's like

>everything Morrison has done is stolen from me

Which is odd because not every Morrison story involves rape, unlike EVERY.SINGLE.MOORE story.
>>
File: kek.jpg (163KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
163KB, 600x400px
>>79805715
>writes great comics
>>
Moore is the Frank Miller of writing

>had his biggest hits in the 80s
>never recovered
>became a bitter and crazy old man
>>
>>79808546
>Kojima bought the jacket Ryan Gosling wore in Drive
Why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>79811626
>Implying Miller is bitter
>Implying Miller is bad now
kek
>>
>>79808315
That would directly imply Morrison has made anything actually good in his career
>>
>>79812026
>implying Frank Miller has ever been a good writer
>>
>>79812026
Yeah, we might all shit on Miller now, but I honestly think he is having a pretty good time writing the stuff he is writing.
I mean, how many of us can say we read untranslated chapters of Lone Wolf and Coub and the decided to just go out and write out own samurai comics?
Or have the honor or writing the sequal to the greatest movie ever made, Robocop?
>>
>>79806616
Comic books in general have an observable lower quality in stories than most other mediums. This is why people compare and contrast things between literature, films, etc. Yes, in theory they all have the ability to tell the same story but when people compare the bodies of work belonging to each most will hail literature as a gold standard due to the width and breadth of subject matter explored.
Yeah, Moore's comics are cute and all, but they're not high writing.
>>
>>79806616
I love comics, but Moore is no Dickens or Melville.
He's not even Jack Kiby tier.
>>
>>79804736
>Capeshit is dumb
/co/ frequently says this
>Americans are dumb
Also a common opinion on /co/
>Read my shitty fishrape comic
/co/ will fuck anything and enjoys monster sex

So Moore is /co/'s favorite writer?
>>
>>79811287
he is bitter with morrison because of the constant comparisons and because before and during his Invisibles run, morrison did use closely tip toe around moore in his style of writing.

of course the level 66 wizard is gonna be mad people kept comparing him to a novice

>>79811474
if you unironically believe his TLOEG, Top 10, Watchmen, Swamp Thing and Miracleman are bad, i feel sorry for you and your taste.
>>
>>79805957
you would too if your wife left you for the lover YOU introduced into a polygamous relationship
>>
>>79816001
It was a woman lover too. Man tried for every man's dream of two women but lost. Can't hold it against him for as Descartes said any venture to giving the D is a noble endeavor.
>>
File: fromhell1[1].jpg (56KB, 644x307px) Image search: [Google]
fromhell1[1].jpg
56KB, 644x307px
>>79808229
agreed
>>
>>79816001
...that really stings. Has he written anything to angst over it?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.