[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally fucking saw this movie. Shit was great. One of the MCU's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 17

File: Ant-Man_poster.jpg (130KB, 250x370px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_poster.jpg
130KB, 250x370px
Finally fucking saw this movie. Shit was great. One of the MCU's best. Thoughts?
>>
>>79798594
Best after Winter Soldier
>>
>>79798768
this, it's the second best MCU movie
>>
>>79798594
Based Ant-Man participating in based movie
>>
I assumed the villain would be kind of bland. I didn't expect him to be completely insane.
>>
>>79800984
He was pretty great. One of the best MCU villains probably, actually.
>>
Poor Antony . You will be missed
>>
>>79798594
It was so good it convinced my sister to finally watch Iron Man.
>>
>>79803086
Thats the thing right?
A superhero movie should really focus on the villian.
>>
>>79803086
As others have said he was inadvertently a better Ultron than Ultron.
>>
>>79803086
''I'M GOING TO DISINTEGRATE YOU''
''Don't be scared.''

Fucking creepy. Loved it.
>>
>>79798768
>>79798935
>all this truth just 2 posts in

Nice
>>
ANTony. It took me too long to figure that one out
>>
>>79798594
I just saw it as well. I thought it was fucking great as well.
Pymgirl's hairstyle is 100% boner inducing and way too rare in the wild.
>>
>>79803278
>playing: Disintegration by The Cure

Best gag.
>>
File: ants.jpg (34KB, 468x482px) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
34KB, 468x482px
>All this good taste in one thread

My Ant-Negroes
>>
File: image.png (675KB, 1006x740px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
675KB, 1006x740px
So I was at the aviation fair with my homie Pedro, and you know I'm more of a locomotives kinda' guy, but I respect Drummond's contribution to modern society, you know? Pedro be tellin' me about his homeboy Martin who worked for CIA, spinning 'bout this dude who be waiting at the airstrip for mercs to bring some scientist, they roll around with the dude and three more guys and give 'em to the CIA dude free of charge. Now, had it been me, I'd be skeptical, you know? Mercs don't even give out STDs for free, know what I'm saying? So CIA brings all four in the plane and keeps sayin' he filled for his posse and just one of them, and is gonna pop and ditch who ain't talking. One of them be like "why kill the guy and then throw him off the plane". CIA this guy's mask and he's some Darth Vader looking motherfucker named Bane, who all like "I had to find out what the doctor told you", and the doctor be like "I said nothing", which is like the snitch motto, I mean if they guy had just said "Yo, I told them this and that" maybe Darth Wheezy would'a spare him. "The lie stings more than the die", as my mama used to say.

CIA be asking if Bane planned to be caught, and he's all like "For real". CIA then goes all "If I take this outta yo face, you die?" and Bane be all "That be painful", and CIA gets in a tight spot, you know how dudes be out of touch with their emotions, so he tries to cheer him up, compliment his biceps or something, says "you a big guy", cause who don't like a compliment, and Bane be all "For you", and I be like "be painful for you", and Pedro be all like "a big guy for you", and I feel that's a really weird phrasal construction, you know I'm all about respecting the grammatic conventions, but whatever works for the dude, I guess. So the CIA tries to keep the conversation afloat, asks Bane the next step of his masterplan, and Bane be saying "crash this plane with no survivors", and then there was a bunch of gunfire and explosions and I guess everyone died.
>>
I thought it was good, not Iron Man level good but certainly on the better side of the MCU

Although I really don't get people who think the villain in this movie was a good villain....he was just another power hungry guy in a suit, like have you guys ever seen performances like say Nicholson's Joker? Hell, Ledger's Joker, Sabretooth in Origins, the list can go on and on.... fricking Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face was more menacing than any of these MCU baddies
>>
I really liked it. I just wish it was more scientifically accurate.
>>
>>79798594
Shitty CGI ants and completely wasted villain.
They could have done some much more with his relation to Hank Pym.
Else it was pretty good.
>>
>>79803707
Were you expecting real ants, anon
>>
File: Ant-Man_screenshot_38.jpg (563KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_screenshot_38.jpg
563KB, 3456x2304px
>>79803427
I'm more excited to see Wasp 2.0 than any other new MCU hero t b h
>>
File: Did someone say.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Did someone say.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>79798594
Fantastic movie, with even better costumes
>>
File: ANTS.webm (269KB, 740x682px) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.webm
269KB, 740x682px
>>79803192
Praise be
>>
Something I didn't get: Hope says that the particle has been messing with Cross's mind, but they only just perfected the shrinking tech at the end of the film and he's presumably never used it before.

I probably missed something but what was it?
>>
File: Screenshot (85).png (833KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (85).png
833KB, 1366x768px
>>79803909
I figure you need the right dosage to shrink and grow correctly, so him trying to figure that out kept exposing him to the particles energy?
>>
>>79803909
>I probably missed something but what was it?

Ants, Pym Particles
>>
File: 1447039438135.jpg (164KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
1447039438135.jpg
164KB, 658x370px
>>79803909
My answer: Cross was snorting that yellow shrink goo in hopes it would give him shrinking powers

Probably reall answer: It was either a hasty addition or plot thread left from an old script. in order to add some reasoning behind his turn to the dark side

Seriously I love this movie but if you think about specific parts too hard it makes no sense. Like how can Ant-Man shrinking smaller than molecules in order to breach Yellowjacket's suit, but then smash a bunch of circuits and wires?

The answer to all these questions is pic related.
>>
File: pym.png (459KB, 1221x702px) Image search: [Google]
pym.png
459KB, 1221x702px
>>79803909
>>
>>79803751
No, but better CGI.
This was Jurassic World bad.
>>
>>79798594
Originally thought this was going to be as dissapointing as AoU, but was btfo once I actually saw the movie.

Definitely in my top 5 of best super-heroic movies for MCU.

Also, hoping for Ant Man and Wasp to be even better.
>>
File: ANTS.jpg (54KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.jpg
54KB, 655x380px
>>79804053
I think the CGI was pretty okay
>>
>>79804053
Nah it was great, never had a problem with it (unlike AoU, some of that CGI was awful).
>>
File: 1451604478933.gif (4MB, 410x222px) Image search: [Google]
1451604478933.gif
4MB, 410x222px
>>79804054
the perfect gif
>>
>>79804053
People always complain about "bad cgi"

I've never seen "good cgi" in my fuckin' life, the only time cgi looks good is when it's used so sparingly in between practical effects that you don't even realize you just saw cgi in the first place

cgi ALWAYS looks like bad when mixed with live action, it's putting a cartoon alongside real people
>>
>>79803689
how? the ants were accurate. Do you mean the line
>distance between atoms
same mechanism can do that and decrease the orbit of electrons making the atoms smaller too. Increase the mass of electrons and the bohr radius decreases. So, what Hank said was half correct. For that kind of quantum mechanics I'm willing to give it a pass. Did science much better than Interstellar
>>
File: reflect.jpg (37KB, 832x620px) Image search: [Google]
reflect.jpg
37KB, 832x620px
>>79803278
>I want your daddy too
>>
>>79803427
I want to FUCK Evangeline Lily, you don't even know. Dat bob-cut. Unf
>>
>>79798768
Correct.
>>
>>79804246
The ants were mildly accurate. The Hollywood'd some of them to make it simpler. I read a good article about it a while back, wish I could find it.
>>
>>79804378
>The ants were mildly accurate
so there are electric ants?
>>
>>79804418
They're real ants but they don't do that.
>>
>>79798594
It was generic and Wright's film would have been better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pFrplmexo
>>
>>79804759
Nope, some of the best shit in the finished film was added after Wright left. Stop sucking his dick so much.
>>
>>79804759
ok
>>
ANTS
>>
>>79804471
actually, they do, just not quite how it showed in the movie. They eat through electrical wiring in houses and can survive a large current conducting though them.
>>
>>79804759
I would have much preferred a Hank Pym ant man, but the potential for this movie to be a disaster was so great that it's damn lucky we got what we did.
>>
>>79806355
Yeah that's the only problem I had with Wright's concept but the film still would have majorly been about him and we saw more of him in the Ant-Man suit

>>79804842
>some of the best shit in the finished film was added after Wright left.
Yeah like fart jokes and self-depreciation humor that only got cut out when fans complained.
Antagonist being a random crazy guy? Awesome.
S.H.E.I.L.D. and Peggy Carter being there for no reason? Great.
Oh and T.I.'s character? BRILLIANT.

Marvel just need to hit a checklist to appeal to bottom feeders like you. At least DC doesn't have a set formula yet.
>>
>>79806701
Fuck off, Wrightfag. Don't be salty just because they actually managed to finish the film.
>>
I went to go see this just because it had ants in it. I liked it so much that I picked up a few trades and started reading the new run.
>>
File: DR. WELLS, I'M CCPD.jpg (26KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
DR. WELLS, I'M CCPD.jpg
26KB, 300x400px
>>79803660
10/10
>>
>>79806701
We got a good compromise though in the form of a Michael Douglass Hank Pym that gave us super science bad-assery, and came across as someone who could just invent himself a new power any day of the week.
>>
>>79803985
I thought he was continually shrinking at a constant rate. It was just weird editing that made it look like him going through the suit instead of the crack he was trying to get in before.
>>
>>79807837
he shrunk through the titanium packs molecules and came out able to smash the chips and shit on the other side. It's weird because he should have been continually shrinking.
>>
>>79798594
>>79798768
I wouldn't say best, but a good movie in its own right. It certainly beat my expectations. I never knew or cared much about ant-man so I thought it'd be lame but they made it work really well.
>>
>>79803839
Fuck, man. I LOVE this costumes so much. They're toku as FUCK.

HHHNNNGGG

>>79803970
>>79803985
>>79804007
Are Pym Particles the Speed Force of the Marvel Universe?
>>
>>79806770
>who cares if it's bad, it's finished!!
>we need a strict schedule for these films that don't even have that well written of a continuity
Also production officially started in 2012 you MCuck, nothing was "late".
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (101KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.jpg
101KB, 720x477px
>>79803660
Brilliant
>>
>>79803909
My interpretation was that him searching for the particle for basically his entire life is what drove him insane, not the particle itself. He got so driven to upstage his mentor that he lost his mind.
>>
>>79803194
>>>79803086
>Thats the thing right?
>A superhero movie should really focus on the villian.

This is where Pixar, and really Disney completely in a lot of ways, has lost their tiny little minds.

A hero is measured by their villain.

The greatest hero ever is completely nothing without a villain just as great.

This is just basic storytelling. This has not changed for thousands of years.

Luke Skywalker is totally, completely bland. What makes him GREAT, and he is, is his villain, who s a towering example of what a great villain should be.

MCU is making a terrible mistake, in not building a stable of villains.

Heroes are important, but they are nothing without their villains.
>>
>>79808048
>Are Pym Particles the Speed Force of the Marvel Universe?
I like to think so
>>
>>79808048
you couldn't sound more normie if you tried
>>
>>79808049
Good thing it wasn't bad.

>production officially started in 2012

Yeah after years of Wright failing to start the project. He fucked up Scott Pilgrim and would have fucked up Ant Man, he should stick to riding Simon Pegg's coattails.
>>
>>79808106
You couldn't sound like more of a faggot if you tried.
>>
File: 1453892263705.jpg (10KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1453892263705.jpg
10KB, 320x287px
>>79808080
>Luke Skywalker is totally, completely bland.
>>
I know it won't happen but it'd be really cool if Pym gave a stern talking to Tony in CW. Like "Your father was an asshole and now you're an asshole too."

Then he does the ANTS song
>>
>>79808106
>implying I'm even remotely normie
>>
>>79808106
oh kill yourself
>>
>>79808161
That would be great, I love how he was bitching about the Starks in the movie

And more people need to call Tony on his shit.
>>
>>79808080
Luke is a thing known as a pro-tuh-gone-ist
>>
>>79798594

Memers like you are going to be lynched.
>>
>>79808219

The one thing I liked about Ant-Man is that it answered the questions Iron Man 3 and TWS didn't: With a threat that big, why not call the Avengers?

And Pym actually had a legit reason.

And then they ended up running into an Avenger anyway.
>>
>>79808349
It's fun that they answered the question but I don't like how people always asked that

There are solo movies and ensemble movies and they each do their own thing ... wanting every movie to be an Avengers movie is unrealistic and lame
>>
>>79803660

Best Bane shitposting ever.

Bravo good Sir.
>>
>>79808125
>good thing it wasn't bad

Nothing's bad to you as long as it follows the MCU formula of storytelling.

To people with taste it's gotten stale and repetitive. That's why people are looking forward to Deadpool and BvS, for something that's new.

>Yeah after years of Wright failing to start the project
Marvel initially didn't want to produce Ant-Man first and instead went with Hulk and Iron Man so that their new subsidiary wouldn't completely flop (reminder that is is before Disney owned them)
>He fucked up Scott Pilgrim
He had BLOM in every step of the production and BLOM was okay with the original ending that the movie had before it changed
What exactly did he fuck up, even Michael Cera was able to convey a character instead of playing himself
It's funny because SP was more like a comic book than anything the MCU has made so far
>>
>>79808378

I agree, but I also think that there's a certain level of threat that they can't exceed before it becomes a legitimate question. Like the president being kidnapped and Iron Man being attacked at his home and SHIELD getting dismantled - you have to agree that those are problems that would at least raise some of the Avengers' attention.
>>
>>79804162

Gollum is Lord of the Rings is an example of good CGI.

But it's also probably the only example of "good CGI".
>>
>>79808157
>>79808189
>lol TOKU XD like le kamen rider, i've seen that image an anon made with le thumb up
>>
>>79808518
>blah blah stale blah blah

Only thing stale is this post. Ant Man was great, deal with it faggot.

>BvS
>new
Have with Man of Murder 2: Electric Boogalo

>What exactly did he fuck up
Cera and Ramona have barely any characterization, the core of why their relationship ends up working in the books is completely absent from the movie. Yeah the visuals are fun but when the core story is gone it doesn't work. Scott Pilgrim is a visual treat and nothing more. Bet the exact same thing would have happened with Ant Man.
>>
>>79808669
This

I rewatched the Planet of the Apes reboot a few days ago and I was shocked at how badly the CG already aged
>>
File: oh baby.png (679KB, 464x770px) Image search: [Google]
oh baby.png
679KB, 464x770px
>>79808704
>triggered
>>
>>79808704
You seem to have some issues, want to talk about them?
>>
>>79804378
The Bullet Ants wouldn't just make a guy kind of angry and then sleepy, he'd be writhing on the floor screaming in a puddle of piss, hopefully his own.
>>
>>79808669
No, there are tons of examples of good CGI but you don't know they're good CGI because you don't notice them.

CGI is used so damn much, it's not just used for superpowers and creatures. They edit all sort of shit with it, look up some effects video on Youtube where they show the before and after.
>>
>>79808804
Thus "mildly". They pointed out how painful they are, but didn't make them as painful as real life because it wouldn't work in the movie.
>>
>>79808704
Because fucking TOKU is fucking "normie".

Good lord, you're stupid.
>>
>>79808810

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with CGI you don't notice. I'm completely agree that CGI one doesn't see is great and how it should be used.

I pointed out Gollum because that is an example of blatant in your face CGI which actually looks good and doesn't look like a cartoon character interacting with real people (which is usually bad).
>>
>>79808888
Okay, I get what you mean. I just got autistic over you saying "only good CGI". I guess "only good in your face CGI" is pretty accurate. Shame it didn't carry over to any of the other CGI in the Hobbit movies

That Young Michale Douglas at the start of this movie was pretty good tho
>>
>>79808879
You don't care about tokusatsu. Just like /co/ doesn't care about kaiju media outside of Pacific Rim and the occasional Godzilla comic

You're just making a vague comparison between two things based on an image you once saw.
>>
>>79803909
I know it was left in from an old edit.
He was supposed to slowly turn more crazy rather than go full crazy from the start. But the way they edited it together it didn't end up making sense.
>>
>>79808717
Notice how you can't defend your garbage film. Typical of a sheep consumer.

>Cera and Ramona have barely any characterization
They ripped dialogue and scenes straight from the book.
Are you complaining about them not being warm towards each other? Isn't that the point until toward the end?

> Yeah the visuals are fun but when the core story is gone it doesn't work
The core story is still the same outside of not showing Scott's relatioship with Lisa or his co-workers and a few other things. Scott learns to be less of an asshole and have respect for himself and any relationship he tried to pursue.

>Bet the exact same thing would have happened with Ant Man.
Reed's Ant-Man didn't tackle any complicated relationship problems with depth (this is Marvel afterall)
Wrights movies do
>>
>>79803909
He was in the lab with Pym when he made his formula, he worked with his own formula. While Cross's yellow juice turned crap into goo, it was still made out of pym particles which he would have been exposed to
>>
Well, at least the thread started out good.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.