[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go from PhD to literally retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

How does one go from PhD to literally retarded
>>
>>79795339
>in character
>retarded
K.
>>
She's only pretending to be retarded.

She gets super competent when away from Joker, in some of her books.
>>
>>79795339
catering to le random xD xD xD normies.

Seriously though, I liked how some writers (Gmozz in that prose issue comes to mind, but there are others) remember she's actually really smart, but puts on a dumb clown act in service of the Joker's plans.
>>
>>79795339
Having a PhD doesn't mean you can't be stupid, it just proves you have certain amount of knowledge in one specific field.
>>
>>79795339
Did she have an actual PHD?
I thought she had one of those internet degrees that are basically worthless.
>>
>>79795364
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpyqfZcOOg
>implying Jared isn't an absolute madman now and Margot isn't a braindead, ditzy moron
It's like you've never heard of the Joker curse
>>
>>79795414
well, you need a baseline of general competence to pass the GRE/other exams. So it's unlikely you'll be a spastic glue-chomping retard
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 479x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 479x307px
>>79795370
Somewhere there's a page of her saying she was only "playing the ditz" because Joker liked it.
>>
>>79795364
>in character
sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpyqfZcOOg
>>
>>79795414
This. Fucking underage autists.
>>
>>79795476
It's come up a lot and it's my favorite interpretation of the character, not least because it insulates her from deadpool-esque normie-pandering slapstick
>>
>>79795339
She fucked and sucked her way to get her PhD

But I mean, Lois Lane is one of the top writers at the Daily Planet and she can't spell for shit.
>>
>>79795510
This is actually Timm/Dini canon, if I recall. Wasn't there a panel in mad love or something basically implying she blew one of her professors for an A?
>>
>>79795339
Because she has a PhD in a soft science like psychology.
>>
>>79795339
She fucked her way to her PHD.
>>
>>79795531
Harley is a C student that failed her Doctoral Thesis. So she fucked her professor to get it changed to a passing grade.

Even being dumb for a doctor, still makes her smarter than most normal people.
>>
>>79795443
That was in The Batman.
>>
>>79795339
>>
>>79795554
THIS
>what do you call the guy who graduates bottom of his class in med school?
>doctor
>>
>>79795543
>>79795554
I always thought omitting that from the Mad Love animated adaptation was a good move. Not just because of censors, but it makes it more frightening to see an expect psychologist become so obsessed with the Joker to eventually fall in love with him.
>>
File: Judge Retard.jpg (19KB, 215x165px) Image search: [Google]
Judge Retard.jpg
19KB, 215x165px
>>79795414
Can confirm. I have a doctorate and am still a complete moron.

which is why I'm pissing around on co rather than working right now
>>
>>79795571
You have the evidence of this from pre-nu52 Harley? I know it exists, just don't remember where it was. One of the early-2000s Harley minis, I think.
>>
I think Harley gets ECT'd by the Joker. That would explain why she'd nuts, and who he was talking to in the SDCC trailer at the end
>>
File: HarleyQuinn_24_02.png (608KB, 576x574px) Image search: [Google]
HarleyQuinn_24_02.png
608KB, 576x574px
Mental illness in comics makes no sense
>>
>>79795339
Torture and psychological manipulation.
>>
>>79795574
Massive liability? Incompetent? Plastic surgeon?
>>
>>79795613
Wow. Good thing I was already sitting down when you dropped that bomb on me.
>>
File: db0.jpg (49KB, 600x1104px) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
49KB, 600x1104px
>>79795339
jokes on you, she was only pretending to be retarded.

>>79795476
>>79795504
yeah. I do like the "legit" doctor, messed up by joker and childhood issues. Second childhood, and mid life crisis basically to extremes. Its more poignant if she was capable before the Joker got his hooks in her, then if she was already a useless.

At that point, it because, is she totally broken, or willfully choosing to take part. Again, its more subversive if she is choosing to break the rules, and defy the system by being Harley Quinn.

Of course, at this point she is then a walking meme.
>>
>>79795339
You'd be shocked at how many PhDs I know who cannot spell for shit. This is actually pretty realistic.
>>
>>79795339
She's not retarded, she's crazy, there is a very big leap, from having a mental handicap which she doesn't have, and not being in touch with reality.
>>
>>79795339
Dick.
>>
>>79795339
You can be smart in one category and retarded in another.
>>
Trauma, and love makes some people do stupid shit; look at hood rats and their ride or die mentality or whatever they call it, or look at Bonnie and Clyde, I'm certain Bonnie would've been well off or maybe Clyde the same if they hadn't met each other.
>>
>>79795414

This. Some PhDs are brilliant in the academic sense, but sometimes lack common sense in things like hygiene, cleanliness, social interaction, etc.
>>
>>79795339
She's smart but ditzy and not very thorough. None of those are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>79795554
You must be underaged as fuck if you think doctors are some brilliant majestic creatures.
>>
>>79795339
It was heavily implied that she fucked her profesors to earn her phd, so yeah.
>>
>>79795443
She does have a phd, but she banged her teachers to get it.
>>
>>79795943
As far as I know thats only the DCAU version.
>>
>>79795888
>smarter than normal
>brilliant majestic creatures

wut
>>
>>79795339
VERY CAREFULLY
>>
>>79795414
True, having a PhD means you just remember a lot of stuff. I can confirm that because I'm a Professor of Difficult Sums.
>>
>>79795613
Why is Hulk Hogan in this comic?
>>
>>79795888
They just spend 8 plus years doing ever more difficult science classes.
>>
>>79795339
It's pretty implied that she fucked her way through most of school.
>>
>>79797936
Only in the modern comics which is honestly fucking retarded. For some reason they decided to make Harley Quinn like some sort of flawed villain by making her sex positive and a giant feminist -even though all that does is make feminism look bad that a raging crazy person is all for it- instead of a genius who fell in love with a madman, which is so fucking simple but modern Bam Ham with Joker Flesh Mask just wants to ruin everything for MUH EDGE
>>
>>79798051
>modern
No. And it was written by her creator. Get rekt, bitch.
>>
>>79795888
>doctors

Usually when people use the word doctors they talk about medical doctor. There are a lot of medical doctors out there with shit for brains.

But people with doctorates, distinct from medical doctors, are usually pretty smart.

Not that the occasional fuck-up doesn't sometimes slip through.
>>
>>79795888
If it's so easy for women to just sleep their way to doctorates, why do so many feminists complain their gender studies degrees aren't getting them good jobs?
>>
>>79798051
Jesus fucking christ how can people still not be aware of Mad Love
>>
I thought she slept her way through med school or whatever, unless they threw that background out the window.
>>
>>79798864
37 dicks!
A student would have to suck 37 dicks to get her degree
>>
>>79795339
She had a PhD because she slept with her professors.
Also it's a PhD in psychology, which isn't a real subject.
>>
>>79798887
In a row?
>>
>>79795601
Well, she wasn't such a ditz in Gotham Sirens, I think Ivy and Catwoman both pointed that out.
>>
>>79795971
You mean the only one that matters?
>>
>>79799026
never read it, was it good?
>>
>>79798887
>>79798916
Someone post that Harley invades comic con page where she blows a room full of Jokers "just to be sure"
>>
>>79799041
It's pretty much the best thing DC has done with the Batman characters.
>>
>>79795536
>psychology
>a science

Are you sure you're not thinking of psychiatry, anon?
>>
File: hol up.jpg (23KB, 317x315px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
23KB, 317x315px
>>79795339
Joker will mentally and physically torture her to point where she is fucked up.
>>
>>79798051
But feminism is crazy, so it makes sense.
>>
>>79795339
A PHD in psychology is not the equivalent of a PHD in any field of science.
Please stop implying that it is as doing so devalues the accomplishments of everybody who has every gotten a PHD in a Physics with a major that is not Astronomy.
>>
>>79798051
>Only in the modern comics
This was introduced in Mad Love, written and illustrated by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, her creators, and set in the same continuity as Batman: TAS, the show she debuted in.

There are definitely problems with Harley's modern characterization but this isn't one of them.
>>
Except that she's a clinical psychiatrist and not a psychologist, guys. That means she must have completed medical school.

That said plenty of doctors are retarded. Obviously there's one area where they did well and worked hard. That doesn't mean they have common sense or aren't crazy. Why do you think some doctors endorse crackpot science?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.