[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Violence and nudity but with a compelling story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: Uber Issue 07 Alternate cover.jpg (2MB, 1988x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 07 Alternate cover.jpg
2MB, 1988x3036px
Okay, so I just finished all the available Uber Comics and I have to be honest, it's the first time a comic has held my attention for some time.

I'm loving the over the top violence and even occasional nudity but the story kept me coming back and I read in all fairly quickly.

So what do you recommend to fill the void for now?

In exchange I'll dump some of the alternate covers that I cleaned up, removed logos from, and some compilations wallpapers that I made.
>>
File: Uber Issue 00 Alternate cover.jpg (2MB, 1988x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 00 Alternate cover.jpg
2MB, 1988x3036px
Covers first then walls. Some indication of the the issues these are taken from is in the file names.

All feature Sieglinde.
>>
>>79767331
>>
File: Uber Issue 10 Alternate cover.jpg (2MB, 1988x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 10 Alternate cover.jpg
2MB, 1988x3036px
>>79767338
>>
File: Uber Issue 15 Alternate cover.jpg (1MB, 1988x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 15 Alternate cover.jpg
1MB, 1988x3036px
>>79767342
>>
File: Uber Issue 16 Alternate cover.jpg (1MB, 1988x3036px) Image search: [Google]
Uber Issue 16 Alternate cover.jpg
1MB, 1988x3036px
>>79767351
>>
File: wall Covers 07-15-16.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wall Covers 07-15-16.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79767366
A few variations of these.
>>
>>79767316
You're a a pretty cool guy, OP. I'll storytime the first few issues later on.
>>
File: wall Covers 07-Limited-16.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wall Covers 07-Limited-16.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79767372
>>
File: wall Covers 10-15-16.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wall Covers 10-15-16.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79767379
>>
File: wall Covers 10-Limited-16.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wall Covers 10-Limited-16.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79767388
Okay, that's all I've got for now. Unfortunately my photoshop skills are not quite up to the task of cleaning up some of the other nice covers.

Currently I've just started East of West so hopefully that's good.

But like I said, if anyone can recommend some more adult comics, that still make an effort to actually have a story and don't just rely on tits or explosions, that'd be smashing.
>>
You might like Supergod, by Warren Ellis. It's a miniseries that is also somewhat about a superhero arms race.
>>
>>79767482
That's actually the second time that's been suggested to me so I guess I'll pick some of that up. Thanks.
>>
Uber kinda wore on me after a while. It felt like every time the Western Allies had a plan it either just failed outright or the Germans had a counter for it.
>>
>>79767594
I definitely know what you mean, but I also felt like it was more of a comment on the decisions of individuals. It wasn't really the Germans so much as (partial spoiler incoming) a select group who were actually pulling the strings. I that sense, it was more about who had a better laid plan. The Germans got their first, but then Russia's got that whole weirdness going on, and that may turn out to override the whole thing. Certainly it doesn't look like the endgame is going to be "Germany was just better all along".
>>
When was Uber supposed to start releasing again?
>>
>>79767840
When they dig themselves out of the hole they made

And when everyone stops being pissed at them wasting so much time and hype on Jew Hulk
>>
I'd recommend you get some better taste.
>>
>>79767316
When is the next issue coming out?
>>
>>79767969
>>79767840
Haven't got a clue. Read it somewhere but can't remember and can't find it online anywhere...
>>79767965
No.
>>
>>79767888
>And when everyone stops being pissed at them wasting so much time and hype on Jew Hulk

Probably my biggest complaint. That bit dragged oonnnnnnn and then nothing came of it.
>>
>>79767331
I enjoy her slightly more without clothes
>>
I really didn't like Uber. It was just edgy but the pacing was terrible.
>>
>>79767316
WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS: the comic
>>
>>79767482
>>79767547
I didn't understand supergod at all
>>
>>79770711
>>
>>79770711
It's a giant buildup to a shitty joke about how religion is the same as using narcotics..
>>
>>79767965
What comics would you endorse anon?
>>
War Stories by Garth Ennis is a similar vein except short self contained arcs and more factually based.
>>
>>79767888
Yeah, Leah turned out to be a whole lotta nothing.
>>
>>79773685
She'll probably regenerate a new leg and return, this time accomplishing something.
>>
>>79767412
Anything by Jodorowsky is full of that stuff and really good. Requiem is another really great adult comic, set in hell and is the most metal comic ever made.
>>
>>79767316
You should like Garth Ennis then.

Punisher MAX, Fury MAX, War Story 1 and 2, Battlefields, The Boys, The Pro, and possibly some of his other shit (especially his war comics) should all fit the bill.

Also there's stuff like Sexy Gun, Gunsmith Cats, and any other T&A action book (although none of these have gore).

Also maybe look for Black Summer, Absolution, Wolfskin, or some other bits and pieces of Ellis' works especially his Avatar stuff.
>>
>>79775313
Punisher and Fury MAX are the shit
>>
I'm still pissed that a battleship walked right through London and left without a scratch.
Which wouldn't be such a problem if they didn't take down a battleship just by having two cruisers gang up on her with a battleship at range supporting them.

Really, just think about that for a minute then tell me it's not a bunch of Nazi fanwank.
>>
>>79775748
tbf they didn't have cruisers at that time
>>
File: the-boys.jpg (152KB, 404x322px) Image search: [Google]
the-boys.jpg
152KB, 404x322px
>>79767316
Well if you liked it, and want more like it,
you probably should read stuff from Garth Ennis.

Its always over the top violent and disturbing stuff, but there is often a great story or at least some interesting characters underneath all the blood.
>>
File: supergods.gif (650KB, 499x699px) Image search: [Google]
supergods.gif
650KB, 499x699px
>>79767482
>>
>>79775776
The problem is they don't have a clear idea of how they rank up in their own story.
Dunkirk is...was... stronger than an enhanced human with more physical stacks than him.
And they knew that when insisting on giving Jew Hulk pure physical stacks.

They really were throwing a lot at the Battleship though, including having naval ships bombarding her. This was well into her activation.
They had two battleships take damage.
The first was relatively minor damage at Kursk and the result of a suicide attack of desperation
The second was against a far stronger enemy and the battleship still had it's halo effect fully intact

The British had two battleships take damage
First was Colossus, who was dismembered and turned into a warped husk in minutes of deploying. He had to be euthanized by an industrial drill after 5 hours of suffering.
The second was Jew Hulk, who was dismembered about an hour into her first deployment.

Both German Battleships had plenty of experience and victories under their belts, and continue to have victories.
Both British Battleships are embarrassing monuments to stupidity and wasted resources. They would have better secured a future for Britain by wrapping their own babies up in money, setting them on fire, then dropping them onto the enemy.
>>
>>79776033
>Both British Battleships are embarrassing monuments to stupidity and wasted resources.
Colossus wasn't fully activated. Duelling Siglinde 1v1 could only result in his death. Granted, he had normal uber with him, but they're just fodder for a battleship.
Leah was an experiment and an attempft of finding something that can stand up to three battleships.
I agree though, they should have given her halo stacks. Don't know why high command didn't switch gears.
>>
>>79773685
>>79767888
Leah was specifically shown to be extremely ineffective and in so much pain she could barely move. If she didn't get a Halo activation in the last second (which stabilized her somewhat), she probably wouldn't even be able to stand up.

>I'm still pissed that a battleship walked right through London and left without a scratch.

She didn't, she got severly drained and wasn't at full power from that point forward.

>>79775748
>take down a battleship just by having two cruisers gang up on her with a battleship at range supporting them

The long range support was just to clear the two cruisers from being disturbed by any allied support. The Nazi cruisers were faster than Leah so they could dodge indefinitely, and then they bombarded her for an hour on her weak spot. Plus the cruisers didn't actually destroy her leg, they just weakened it so she tore a ligament, which was the weak point of the physical builds - their legs are so overburdened that just little damage is enough to perma-cripple them.

This is the same as when a 1:1 uber used his power for minutes on a small spot just to get a blood sample from Leah. Or when the soviets used what, 500 tank men combined to sever the arm of that Nazi battleship in kursk
>>
>>79776033
All three german battleships have been under development and practicing their powers for over a year.

Of the two british ones, one was thrown into battle halfway into activation against a fully activated german one - he had no chance. And Leah was more of an experiment than a proper battleship, obviously a failed one.
>>
File: raptors_super.jpg (43KB, 400x542px) Image search: [Google]
raptors_super.jpg
43KB, 400x542px
>>79767316
>So what do you recommend to fill the void for now?

Raptors. It's about vampires killing each other because the majority decided to become the Illuminati.

Rails. It's about Rastafari railroad pirates.

The Potamoks. It's about jewish pig-orcs killing their way out of egyptian servitude.
>>
>>79767594
>It felt like every time the Western Allies had a plan it either just failed outright or the Germans had a counter for it.

They had a 1 year+ head start on the superhuman development, including fully developed forces, 3 battleships, and the 3 geltmensch (the spies). The allies all used knee jerk reactions, on top of getting super spied.

The allies did get a bunch of wins, for example when they withheld the weak points of the tankmen's legs. They got a big victory with that.

The comic mentions that the germans need to blitz the allies to force them into capitulation, because they don't have any major resources, and the allies will close up the superhuman gap the longer the engagement takes. Really it's like how WW1 and WW2 went down: Germans start with a blitzkrieg, then they run out of stamina and they'll lose to the better resources of their opponents. That's how Uber will end up too, once the US and Soviets start using properly activated ubers in a counter attack.
>>
>>79777292
>The allies did get a bunch of wins, for example when they withheld the weak points of the tankmen's legs. They got a big victory with that.
Oh yeah they took out a U-boat yard.
Right before the Germans launched a submarine invasion of the US.

Lot of good that did.
>>
>>79777964
Didnt Leah destroy part of the Uber line of attack on Calais before getting rekt?
>>
>>79778399
>Didnt Leah destroy part of the Uber line of attack on Calais before getting rekt?
which turned out to just be a giant ruse to lure out the Jew Hulk
which it worked just fine
then the British caved in shortly after

Oh yeah. Leah did a lot of amazing work.

I guess we can say it was a Allied victory when they let a single uber kill off major military leaders, except Patton. But hey. Got that one guy. Yay us.
>>
>>79778615
Well...
She still killed a lot of german ubers.
and look on the brightside, we have Captain America Patton and McArthur.
thats a good thing right?
>>
>>79778693
Patton, depending on how powerful he is, will probably go on a killing spree then get wrecked by someone more powerful than him.
>>
>>79778693
>She still killed a lot of german ubers.
which doesn't matter when it's already been established that you need a Battleship or Cruisers to deal with Battleships.
The last activated allied battleship being taken down means the Germans can now do what they did in London without any fear of retaliation.

And to top it off, they lost Dunkirk. So yeah.

>we have Captain America Patton and McArthur
Honestly don't know. I think they said that Patton was only a tankman, which means jack shit. And this would mean that the Germans would have to have a major defeat in order for it to have any impact, which we all know can't happen.
>>
>>79778921
>>79778891
We still have the soviets?
When does Volume 2 start?
>>
>>79779166
>We still have the soviets?
The Red Queen is making an army and seems to have more in mind for a revolution than taking down the Nazis.
If not, they aren't even considering moving in on the Germans.
>>
>>79779214
So we're fucked.
>>
>>79767316
>>79767316
>Compelling STORY
>STORY
Sure Op, it wasn't fucking awful at all.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.