[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this accurate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Many Faces of the Joker.jpg (162KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Many Faces of the Joker.jpg
162KB, 894x894px
Is this accurate
>>
They're all eccentric gangsters.
>>
File: lydon 1_0.jpg (13KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
lydon 1_0.jpg
13KB, 236x350px
>>79696536
>first joker
He only wanted it be loved
>>
>>79696536
>Not acknowledging DiMaggio's Joker from Under the Red Hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLwXcRq388M
>>
>>79696789
What Aspect dose he most embody?
>>
>>79696536
Well for starters Nicholson Joker is not a gangster, his goal is not to organize crime for profit he just uses a criminal organization to enact terror, so he's more of a Psychopath type.

Ledger joker isn't an anarchist, he's not out to overthrow the government because he believes that people don't need it and can govern themselves. It's the exact opposite in fact he believes people, their beliefs and moral codes have no value by default and he works to proof that by attacking civilized society. He's a Nihilist really.

Jared Leto's joke hasn't been seen in full yet to make a judgement. He could be a psychopath type or fail to achieve this and come across as a joker fanboy more than the real deal.

The remaining two I'll agree with.

>>79696812
He's like Mark Hamill joker, reasonably balanced between Psycho joker and whimsical joker, with an hint towards Psycho, so he does particularly embody a given concept.
>>
>>79696536
I can't really say, seeing as I haven't seen Suicide Squad.
>>
File: ArkhamKnightProfileImageJoker.jpg (436KB, 745x745px) Image search: [Google]
ArkhamKnightProfileImageJoker.jpg
436KB, 745x745px
>>79696536
How different is DCAU Joker and Arkhamverse Joker? Should we also add DCUO Joker for the hell of it?
>>
>>79697708
>How different is DCAU Joker and Arkhamverse Joker?
I got the impression that Arkhamverse Joker and his Batman were more connected. Like in City, in a game that killed off both Joker and Talia, Batman carries Joker in his arms instead of the woman he had a romantic interest in. I can't see AU Batman doing that after Hamill's Joker was killed.

Plus Arkham Joker really liked to make his gay innuendos.
>Need to take my temperature? I'd be happy to drop my pants.
>>
File: THE JOKERS GOTTA GUN!.jpg (50KB, 628x479px) Image search: [Google]
THE JOKERS GOTTA GUN!.jpg
50KB, 628x479px
>>79697708
Let's talk story telling.

Many would site Hamill's vocal work and Timm's design as the key features of DCAU Joker. And those are certainly important aspects. But much of what makes Hamill's DCAU performance so likable is due to the strong character acting and staging on show in the DCAU cartoons.

Take a look at this bit from Mask of the Phantasm:
https://youtu.be/QJeIG07wY3A

Joker's all over the place and in fine form. He's heard first and not shown. He's introduced in a series of highly dramatic, vertigo-inducing close-ups. He struts around, owns the set, and speaks with a wild array of expressions. There's some incredibly strong story telling going on.

Now compare to heavy-lidded, dead-eyed, CGI-puppets of the Arkham games:
https://youtu.be/3lKneAKyFN0

Rocksteady can design a fabulous Batman gameplay experience, no doubt about that, but I would not rate them as particularly strong story tellers.
>>
>>79696536
I would wager that the Joker plays all of the roles as is personality isn't very consistent.
>>
>>79696536
Pretty sure DCAU Joker was portrayed as an Irish gangster before his chemical bath by way of Batman.

As for Leto i really hope they show him using Joker toxin in SS or the solo Batfleck movie
>>
For fuck's sake, the point was that Ledger's Joker wasn't actually about anarchy
>>
>>79698220
boy Asylum was good
>>
>>79696536
I dunno

But I can tell you this op.

Your mom is accurate on my penis t.bh f.am.
>>
You're missing "nicest guy you'll ever meet."
>>
>>79698220
damn, that's some smooth animation
>>
original joker was best
>>
>>79696536
mark hamill is a clown too. ffs he doesn't even murder anyone and anything that comes close is really goofy. we don't even fully know about leto's joker yet and ledger was too murderous and simultaneously humorous to just be considered an anarchist. and jack nicholson joker is just jack nicholson in makeup
>>
>>79698220

Arkham Origins nailed Jokers animation. Partly cause they went with pre-rendered cinematics. But hes just so much more fun to watch. Rocksteadys animations always have that motion capture puppet vibe going.
>>
>>79701857
That sure was goofy when he pushed Harley Quinn through a window.
>>
>>79697418
Yeah, Nicholson Joker had ideals that were his motivation, fucking over the other crime bosses was secondary.
He wanted to express himself.

He's the Artist
>>
>>79696789
DiMaggio is my favorite animated Joker, but does he set off anyone else's gaydar?
>>
File: Jokered_ROTJ.png (96KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jokered_ROTJ.png
96KB, 444x250px
>>79701857
>he doesn't even murder anyone and anything that comes close is really goof
Ignoring that one episode had a newspaper with a headline about Joker being on the loose and "death toll rises", no one thought this was goofy.
>>
>>79701999
s3 did ramp up the darkness i noticed
>>79702255
i was ignoring beyond's canon but yeah youre right
>>
This is something that only a "im such a nerd XD" cookie cut millineal made. Probably fits right into /co/. Fuck you.
>>
File: John-goodman-thebiglebowski-2.jpg (42KB, 533x355px) Image search: [Google]
John-goodman-thebiglebowski-2.jpg
42KB, 533x355px
>>79697418
Nihilist? Fuck me. Say what you want about the tenants of the other Jokers but at least they had an ethos.
>>
>>79697708
The best part of Arkham Origins was seeing just how different the Joker actually was from the other villains.
>>
>>79701857
>mark hamill is a clown too. ffs he doesn't even murder anyone and anything that comes close is really goofy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AXKwYc80Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVy9DFwT-4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiYg2Y0sLk4

soooo Goofy
>>
Every one of them is a clown gangster anarchist psychopath joker
>>
Would it be less pretentious to label Mark Hamill's Joker as "The Voice"?
>>
>>79698220
Joker was great in Arkham Knight.
>>
>>79704578
I think the idea was that Hamil was the perfect blend of all of those
>>
>>79704606
If that was the intent, then they failed to get it across.
>>
>>79704506
But which one is psycho killer?
>>
>>79702041
Ditto, he even says this outright.

I don't really know which movie-Joker would be a good adaptation of Golden-Age thug/gangster Joker.
>>
>>79696536
ugh.
DCAUfags are obnoxious.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>79704651
>psycho killer
Norman Bates.
>>
>>79696536
change "the psychopath" to "the madman"
>>
>>79704848
Shut up, Darkseid is Superman's archenemy!
>>
>>79696789
Didn't John DiMaggio mention that he used Hamill's Joker as a basis for his interpretation.

I mean, DiMaggio's version could be redubbed by Hamill and it would sound pretty much the same.
>>
>>79704970
>I mean, DiMaggio's version could be redubbed by Hamill and it would sound pretty much the same.

Same with Troy Baker in Assault on Arkham.
>>
[/spoiler] eu vo come a tia do batma
>>
>>79704970
>>79696789
DiMaggio's Joker is more of a thug, and not particularly witty. He's probably more intimidating, but more transparent about the comedy and insanity facade.
>>
>>79705242
I picked up on that too when he kept repeating his jokes. it was a nice touch
>>
File: cute.gif (352KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
352KB, 320x218px
>>79704862
Bitch please
>>
>>79696789
I liked Dimaggio Joker, which is ironic because I thought his performance as Zombozo was a terrible Mark Hamill Joker impression.
>>
Where's the Jeff Bennett Batman fit in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5YCAZd_lgQ
>>
>>79704651
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
>>
>>79701857
Starting with The New Batman Adventures, Joker kills at least one person just about every time he appears in the DCAU.
And even then there are a number of implied deaths in BTAS, alongside the explicit murders in Phantasm.
>>
File: bestjoker.gif (992KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
bestjoker.gif
992KB, 500x282px
>>79704970
i honestly couldnt imagine hamills joker doing this
>>
>>79706313

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think he's a very close (like a hair's breadth away) second to Hamill's Joker.
>>
>>79706725
Plus wasn't he literally about to blow up Las Vegas or some shit in Justice League?
>>
>>79706856
Yeah, he planted bombs everywhere with the help of the not!Teen Titans and challenged the Justice League to defuse them all.
>>
>>79698220
>strong story tellers.

Your right they are not that's why Arkham Knights story and everything about it is lacking while Asylum is incredibly good.

Paul Dini wrote Arkham Asylum and City unforunatley the games don't quite get that cinematic framing of shots that the Animated series does.
>>
They're all the Joker. 90s fags need to fucking chill out.
>>
>>79706746
Why wasn't the handcuffed
Why did nobody shoot him in the face within a nanosecond
Why

Capeshit is so stupid
>>
>>79696789
why wouldn't swat shoot joker
>>
>>79707894
>Why wasn't the handcuffed

They were breaking him out of jail. Why would they keep him cuffed?

>Why did nobody shoot him in the face within a nanosecond

You've literally never fired a gun have you? Regular ass guards aren't capable of doing that.
>>
>>79698220
That's unfair because all the characters in the videogame look like dead meat puppets.
>>
>>79708064
This. Most games are still very limited in what character animation they can do, because of time and what the engine can support. The best you can hope for is decent lipsync and the odd contextual animation.
>>
Honestly, rewatching Jack Nicholson's joker, all i could think was how fucking great it would be if all those scenes and actions were done with better make up and a younger actor
Then id have a perfect joker, one thats more athletic and jumpy, one that can be active in a scene and actually do things
Like when he goes to the the art gallery and lights the candles on fire with a fucking blowtorch make me kek
and the reaction of "my balloons"
"he took my balloons"

Id watch the fuck out of that
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.