[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/ news/ranking-the-super-b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 1454886274763.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1454886274763.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/ranking-the-super-bowl-50-movie-trailers-20160208
>oubling down on the commercial spirit of the Super Bowl, the evening's only truly creative bit of movie marketing came from WB and Turkish Airlines, who reintroduced fans to the comic book world's two most famous cities via dueling tourism spots. In Gotham, billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) promises that his hometown is safer than you might remember. ("Thanks to a significant grant from Wayne Enterprises," of course.) Across the way in Metropolis, wunderkind entrepreneur Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) declares that Superman's favorite place is "open for business!" Wisely fighting back against the grim aesthetic of the film's trailers, these clever blasts of corporate synergy sparkle with bright colors and heavy dollops of optimism. "There's never been a better time to visit our great city," Wayne says, and these fun — if slightly ominous — ads are enough to make you wish you actually could.
>>
>>79693895

I liked Hulk and Ant-Man fighting over a coke.
>>
>>79693964
It wasnt even canonical. fuck off
>>
File: 1.jpg (149KB, 1079x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
149KB, 1079x1599px
Can Batman v Superman get anymore GOAT
>>
>>79693895
>Haven't the Beastie Boys suffered enough? Mercilessly scored to "No Sleep Till Brooklyn," this ad for the sequel to 2014's TMNT reboot promises a film that will not only snuff out the franchise's last whiff of personality but become the Transformers knock-off that producer Michael Bay so obviously wants it to be. After all, what says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles more than a giant alien airship hovering over Manhattan? At least this clip offers a glimpse of the classic hockey-playing antihero Casey Jones teeing up for a slap shot — it might be the only thing that longtime fans recognize about this noisy summer blockbuster.
>>
>>79694150
>it might be the only thing that longtime fans recognize about this noisy summer blockbuster.
Is this a legitimately retarded person?
>>
>>79693895
The ads were really creative and fun to watch
>>
>Marvel on literal suicide watch
>>
>>79693895
>these clever blasts of corporate synergy sparkle with bright colors and heavy dollops of optimism

Too bad everybody already decided they were gonna hate the movie back in 2013.
>>
>>79694419
There's a reason for that.
>>
>>79694419
More like since the last trailer for me senpai
>>
I know this is sacrilege and will get derided as the work of an enemy company's stand but I wish they'd cooled it with the hype for this movie a little.

It's the two biggest superheroes ever made in the same film. The fact that they feel the need to push it so hard on top of that makes me more nervous, not less.
>>
>>79693895
>ads are enough to make you wish you actually could.
I actually do and it saddens me I can't.
>>
>>79694586
>It's the two biggest superheroes ever made in the same film

Like normies care
>>
>>79694586
>The fact that they feel the need to push it so hard on top of that makes me more nervous, not less.

They've spent something like $300 million on making this thing. They're nervous. Who wouldn't be nervous? The first two Marvel movies combined didn't cost $300m and when one of them flopped it was survivable because the other was a big hit; the first two DC movies have so far cost over $500m and to be honest, at the level of spending it received, the first one was a borderline financial failure.
>>
>>79694619
Normies still have to be made to care but it shouldn't have to take this much effort on WB's part.
>>
>>79693895
Just noticed, his suit has the same cut as that classic madman scientist green 'n purple Lex outfit.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 768x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 768x1124px
>>79694552
>>79694521

>They actually believe this
>>
>>79694619

"Normies" are in love with this film
>>
These are the threads you get when you remove "commercial spam/advertising" from the report dialog window.
>>
>>79694039
It was fun.
>>
>>79694586

It's mostly for the filthy normies.
>>
>>79694586
Star Wars was much, much more in-your-face and everywhere when it came to advertising and it did fine. This, especially with fun little bits like these in-world ads, is okay.
>>
File: 1454767542829.jpg (92KB, 490x717px) Image search: [Google]
1454767542829.jpg
92KB, 490x717px
>>79693895
I love how fleshed and organic this DC universe looks like, even of we get just one movie.

All of these ads, false articles, easter eggs and interviews are making this world just so fucking EXCITING.
>>
>>79694586
We finally get a batsuit. Nolan, Burton and Schumaker had weird, immovable plastic shells.
>>
File: 1454881065579.jpg (74KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454881065579.jpg
74KB, 682x1024px
>>79693895

>Wisely fighting back against the grim aesthetic of the film's trailers, these clever blasts of corporate synergy sparkle with bright colors and heavy dollops of optimism

Do these chuckle fucks get this upset over anything that isn't less than Schumacher camp?
>>
>>79694687
I thought they spent $200 million.
>>
>>79695338
Marvel ruined comic book movies for everyone. They all now have to be self aware quipfests so adults don't feel insecure about watching a serious movie involving men in tight costumes.
>>
>>79694284
It's just some pretentious hipster who probably hates Bay for making a anti-Shillary movie.
>>
Can I just say that I love how their marketing angle is basically world building?
>>
>>79695713
That is the best thing about these commercials.
http://www.tkairlines.com/gotham
>>
>>79694150
Why does Michael Bay get so much shit for making movies that dumb people want to see? Following, they are they upset over what said dumb people want to see?
>>
>>79695128
I actually haven't seen Star Wars yet. Hype backlash got me there as well.
>>
>>79695762
god, I love how much detail there is about these two cities when they don't even exist, they even have fucking weather forecasts
>>
>>79696394
Hype backlash is what happens when a movie is advertised in a very in-your-face manner as the best thing ever, and it turns out to be shit.

For that to happen, you have to have actually seen it. So, you weren't hit by hype backlash. You're just one of the 10 people on Earth who haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>79694150
I don't know who wrote this but he's riding the Bayhate train so much it hurts. The trailer looks really good.

Fuck his "only thing longtime fans recognize". I bet he hasn't watched/read one piece of Turtles in his life.
>>
Have they confirmed where Gotham and Metropolis actually ARE yet, or are they keeping it flexible.

Usually Gotham is New Jersey, and Metropolis is Delaware, right?
>>
>>79697529
Flexible
>>
>>79697574
Ah cool, works for me, although it's kinda fun knowing "where" something is. I wonder if Shazam will be based in Philly when his movie comes out? Fawcett City would be great, but an awesome hero like Shazam would be so much fun to be in my hometown.

>Metropolis Culture and Entertainment
>Catch headliner acts at larger venues such as Shuster Arena or Siegel Music Hall
Aw, nice touch.
>>
>>79697640
I really hope they do a Shazam movie in Philly. It'd be nice to walk by and just see Shazam
>>
>>79697529
Jersey and New York in this case. Gotham is right across the river.
>>
>>79697776
Got a source for that?
>>
>>79697737
Right? A ruddy Philly kid would make a nice Billy Batson. They could even make him a Phillies fan with the red and white!

>Walking down Boathouse Row and seeing Shazam racing the crew teams
>A young kid in red is transfixed with the electricity exhibit at the Franklin Institute
>Chowing down on cheesesteaks with Shazam

I was so happy to find out Dr. Strange AND War Machine are from Philly. We need more heroes!
>>
>>79697820
Deadshots police report in the Suicide Squad trailer says he's from Gotham, NJ.
>>
>>79694150
>After all, what says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles more than a giant alien airship hovering over Manhattan?
If we're talking about the 80's cartoon then that would sound pretty fucking accurate actually. What do people even want from this?
>>
>>79695653
we like Michael bay now?
>>
File: Greeman.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Greeman.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>79697846
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don;t you guys have greenman?
>>
Liam Neeson selling televisions was fucking awful, but the weenie dogs running towards the condiment people was brilliance. Sheer brilliance.
>>
File: 1405471409389.jpg (50KB, 232x392px) Image search: [Google]
1405471409389.jpg
50KB, 232x392px
>>79694039
>>
>>79697924
I haven't seen him around in a while. Some guys came one day while he was helping me unpack my tailgate, and threw him in a van! Said that they needed a new wild card for some kind of squad or something?
>>
>>79697924
I've never heard anybody, from Philly, talk about "It's Always Sunny."
>>
>>79697996
It's really not that "Philly" of a show unless it's doing stuff with the sports teams and stuff. Usually the Philadelphia setting is kinda wasted. It also irks the hell outta me that none of them even fake the accent. Get outta my city!
>>
>>79694586
>The fact that they feel the need to push it so hard on top of that makes me more nervous, not less.

ITT, people don't know how marketing works.
>>
>>79695145

I agree.

Let's just hope this movie doesn't mess up.
>>
>>79697866
>Gotham, NJ
Which is fine, since that's where it's supposed to be. I'm talking more about New York.
>>
>>79694419
>>79694521
Yeah, I'm still pretty sure I'll hate it. The cleverness of commercials -- and they were undoubtedly super fucking clever -- is meaningless in relation to the quality of the movie.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.