[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

white bitches speak better X than the half-white MC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 5

File: haldethniccharacter.jpg (260KB, 782x579px) Image search: [Google]
haldethniccharacter.jpg
260KB, 782x579px
>Marco Diaz: half-hispanic; doesn't seem to be able to speak spanish
>Marinette Dupain-Cheng: half-Chinese, doesn't speak one word Mandarin
both have white friends who can talk better Spanish/Mandarin than them
why is this a thing?
>>
>>79684365
english is popular and spoken everywhere, the language of your grandparents isn't. i've known more then a few hispanics that couldn't speak spanish but maybe they could understand it. it's not a meme but a way of life
>>
>>79684365
Because it's realistic. Language is not genetic, you fucking tard ass.
>>
>>79684365
>Marco Diaz: half-hispanic; doesn't seem to be able to speak spanish
Ferguson spoke fluent spanish to him and he completely understood what he was saying.

>Marinette Dupain-Cheng: half-Chinese, doesn't speak one word Mandarin
Chinese is hard.
>>
>>79684365
There's a guy in my jap class whose parents are Japanase but he can't say shit in japanese
>>
>>79684365
>half-hispanic
That doesn't make sense. Hispanic isn't a race.
>>
>>79684491
yes it is as defined by the only countries that matter
>>
>>79684466
both come from stable homes;
their parents should have taught them the language

>>79684491
ethnicity

>>79684475
that's why I didn't write 'understand', just pointed out that he didn't seem to speak it
>>
>>79684534
>stable homes
you do realize that the more unstable homes usually teach the children in their native languages?

fobs don't get very far speaking chinese in english speaking countries
>>
Man, I don't understand why some people find speaking a second language such a momentous task.
When I was 9 years old I understood English well enough that I figured out how to switch Cartoon Network to the English language track so I could watch my Ed, Edd 'n Eddy and Powerpuff Girls reruns in English and I never switched them back.
Fuck dubbing.
>>
>>79684534
>both come from stable homes;
>their parents should have taught them the language

What country do you live in? It's definitely not America.
>>
>>79684534
Um, WHY? They live in the US, where the dominant language is English.

>Hispanic
>an ethnicity
Holy shit, you are quite impressively fucking retarded.
>>
>>79684534
>ethnicity
Hispanic isn't an ethnicity either.
>>
>>79684605

>Um, WHY? They live in the US, where the dominant language is English.

Yeah, FUCK their culture ammirite? They should just watch some Michael Bay movies and abandon their lineage.
Reminder that the only reason America doesn't still have huge German-speaking communities is because most German-descended citizens chose to hide it because of World War 2.
>>
>>79684589
>You were 9

Learning languages is momentously harder when you are older.
>>
>>79684590
No, I'm European

>>79684605
"An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience"
that's why there are black/white/whatever hispanics
>>
>>79684365
Im half Vietnamese and can't speak tge language
>>
>>79684651
>FUCK their culture ammirite?
Language, my friend, not culture, they can still have the same religion, the same teaching and the same cultural heritage in another language.
>>79684678
But hispanics don't have common ancestors, they come from different backgrounds.
>>
>>79684605
>Marinette
>living in the US of A
R-right
>>
>>79684678
>"An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience"
>that's why there are black/white/whatever hispanics
Hispanic still isn't an ethnicity.
>The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.
>>
>>79684678
>No, I'm European

In America, nothing of note or import is in any language other than English. Maybe some warning signs or manuals in French of Spanish. You would have to go far out of your way to learn a language, it's not something that we just casually do.
>>
>>79684751
the German wiki defines it as an ethnicity
>>
>>79684651
>Yeah, FUCK their culture ammirite?
Culture? This nigga wants to try and lecture me about culture? FUCK culture. Culture is for idiots who lack any sense of self-identity, and latch on to some fake group ideal in order to convince themselves that they're lives mean anything, and that they shouldn't just put a bullet in their own skull.

>>79684678
>that's why there are black/white/whatever hispanics
Those are all blanket terms, dipshit. There are various kinds of black, white, and hispanic.

I swear, if these dumb niggas don't shut the fuck up...
>>
>this character is of Irish descent
>he should speak Irish

You're kind of retarded, OP.
>>
>>79684756
you guys don't have the option to take classes to learn other languages?
>>
>>79684651
>Reminder that the only reason America doesn't still have huge German-speaking communities is because most German-descended citizens chose to hide it because of World War 2.

yeah, but it would be a giberish mess that Germans wouldn't be able to understand. What is Cajun French?

Also, I know parents that took their small kids to the USA and refused to speak spanish to them so they could learn the language quickly instead of having that weird Spanglish that causes them to seclude themselves to only hang out with other Spanish speaking kids.
>>
>>79684810
We do. I don't know what that anon is taking about. Tons of people here speak a second language.
>>
>>79684810
We do, but since virtually everything is in English, there's almost no point in doing so.

>>79684831
>Tons of people here speak a second language.
Unless they travel for work, those people are idiots.
>>
>>79684365
I'm half Ottawa Indian and no, I am not one of the like 5 people alive that can fluently speak the language.
>>
>>79684859
>Unless they travel for work, those people are idiots.
Why?
>>
>>79684810
Yes but most people just memorize vocabulary and phrases. Very few can speak the language to any real degree while learning it in school, let alone remember any of it years later.

>>79684831
No they don't.
>>
>>79684893
Because as previously stated, there's no point in learning a second language unless it's for some function.
>>
>>79684810
Of course we do, and contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of people here who speak a second language. It's just not as common as it is in Europe, partly because it's not as much of a necessity here as it is there. Canada mostly speaks English, and most Mexicans who come to the US either learn English, or make sure that their children do.
>>
Why would you want him to go Dora on you?

Also Im hispanic because my parents are Central American from different parts, why am I not a race?
>>
>>79684899
>No they don't.
You're retarded.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1825/about-one-four-americans-can-hold-conversation-second-language.aspx
>>
>>79684810
it's actually mandatory but unless you have relatives or live in an area with people that speak the language there's little point.

with that said in the south spanish is everywhere, it's kind of annoying dealing with older hispanics that don't speak english. i'm tempted to take it up again. in new york yiddish is common i think. you also got china town in areas and my downtown has Vietnamese instead. so it's there but easier to speak english
>>
>>79684913
Actually, learning a second language makes your brain work faster and better, and delays dementia and other problems associated with getting older.
>>
>>79684952
>why am I not a race?
You're an individual, you stupid piece of shit.

>>79684954
>Uh-uh, STUDIES SHOW...
Kill yourself.
>>
>>79684982
>>Uh-uh, STUDIES SHOW...
>Kill yourself.
Oh okay, you're just trolling. I'm done here then.
>>
>>79684831
>Tons of people here speak a second language.

That's because of inmigrants.

Most americans that claim they speak a second language

Know spanish but from memory, eg they know how to translate but they know fuck all of how the grammar works, so their sentences are understandable but awkward.

Know French but pronounce it horribly, like they don't even try. So they just all gave up and went to Spanish 101

Tried to learn Japanese or Chinese and can't use the kanji at all. They can just hold a verbal conversation at best or just order from a restaurant.

Sure, you might get one that does in fact know the language fluently but that's probably because they were sent to the country by their rich parents to learn it and/or just moved there.

>>79684954

I can hold a conversation in German, but I am not fluent at all, like I said, they just do it by memory because of how is taught in class.
>>
>>79684972
>Actually, learning a second language makes your brain work faster and better, and delays dementia and other problems associated with getting older.
Wow, what cesspool full of crap did you pull that one out of?

>>79684998
Studies are full of shit, and you're a dumb faggot for believing any of that nonsense.
>>
>>79684651
World War 1, not 2. Even then German-speaking Americans made up about 2% of the population.
>>
I'm black, I only know English and I have a white friend learning fucking Zulu.
>>
File: 1444756994347.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444756994347.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>79685096
kek aside i hear it's easy to learn
>>
>>79684534
You'll find more often than not a bilingual parent insisting on their kids speaking only English because of the bullshit they had to put up with growing up and not speaking English as well as others.
>>
Why does that guy look almost exactly like this thing >>79683549
>>
The level of retardation is huge here:

> Hispanic
> Race

this is just a fucking word invented by american for all people speaking spanish but their retarded population actually thinks it's a real ethnicity.

Mexicans: Half-Indians Half-White ( Spaniards ) for the most at various degrees ( Mestizos, Castizos, Harnizos ) and White elite.
Dominicans: Mulattoes or Quadroon, well they have black blood.
Puerto Ricans: Same shit but more light skinned, some african features.
Colombians: Mestizos or Mulattoes, or a mix of the three races, and a minority of white.
Argentines: White & Castizos for natives, Mestizos for the northern population and immigrants.
Uruguay: White predominantly, and mulattoes on shitty places.
Peru: Indians and Mestizos
Spain: White and Europeans, predominantly of Mediterranean type ( but differents from north africans and arabs )
>>
>he never had hispanic friends that couldn't speak spanish

HAHAHAHA!
>>
I always forget that Europeans are so completely ignorant of just how many people live in the united states and how big of a landmass it really is.
>learning a second language even semi-fluently
Fucking why? It's hundreds if not thousands of fucking miles to any place where it would actually be useful. I hate smug Europeans so much, especially when they're actually fucking morons.
>>
ITT: integrated anglos calling themselves Hispanic
>b-b-but I'm 1/64 Mexican!
>>
>go to Nordic countries
>everyone speaks English
> go throughout Northern Europe
> everyone speaks English to outsiders, even if they're from a neighbouring country
> go to Western Europe
> see above
> go to East Asia
> most professionals speak English
> go to Indochina
> the lingua franca between countries sharing millennia of history is English
> West African academics learn English to reach a broader audience
> South American countries try to have all their students learn English

While I think learning more languages would be useful for me (my career is fairly international, and I like to travel outside of Canada), I think Europeans underestimate just how universal English is becoming.
>>
>>79687103
>I think Europeans underestimate just how universal English is becoming
Dear anon did you have an ictus while doing that post?
>>
>>79687304
No, why?
English is becoming a lingua franca, and I often encounter Europeans who are surprised that English monolinguals get by just fine.
>>
>>79686486
Well, yes, anon. It's a US-American thing. You have people that don't speak Spanish or native languages, that have never left the country, whose only exposition to Hispanic culture is the couple of times they've visited their grandmother, and whose claim to being Hispanic would be laughed out by the rest of the continent. But for some reason they insist on calling themselves Hispanic even if real Hispanos consider them nothing less than hopeless gringos.
>>
>>79687304
>>79687103
>>79687409
and this feeds into the stereotype of Americans being ignorant fools who think the whole world revolves around them and them alone,
they rather spend their lifetime wallowing in their own ignorance than broaden their own horizons

tell me: is this truly the American dream? Assimilation? not intergration?
>>
>>79687409
>I often encounter Europeans who are surprised that English monolinguals get by just fine.

This is because Europeans don't understand that not everyone lives on a continent consisting of a million fractured tiny countries, each with their own language. The US is large and we all (or most of us anyway) speak English, there's no need for most people to learn anything else.
>>
>>79687611
I think it's ignorant to demand people do dumb shit because you think it's "enlightening". Yes, please, tell me all about the life wisdom you accrued from living in a third world shithole for a few months on your rich daddy's dime.
>>
>>79684651
Why assimilate amirite!? Just go to another country and refuse to blend in. Speack ingles? No seƱor soy mexicano ahoowa! Gib monies for my cousins.
>>
>>79687577
>hopeless gringos.

I love how shitskins try to turn being from a decent country into some kind of insult. It's like "you have functioning plumbing and your politicians aren't drug lords... stupid gringos!"
>>
>>79687814
>demand
But nobody is demanding.
>on your rich daddy's dime
Why do Americans get butthurt so easily?
>>
>>79687611
First off, I'm Canadian, and have spent time studying other languages. But distance and the prevalence of English media is something that influences all of English North America.

I don't think the world revolves around the US, but when there are European countries where almost everyone under 30 speaks English, when you have Vietnamese elites talking to Hong Kong businessmen in English because it's easier for both sides, the reality is that English is more globally useful
>>
>>79687611
Why do you think we give a fuck about you? Why are we obligated to? We didn't tell the world to speak English, they just started doing it because we do it. How is that our problem?
>>
>>79684952
A single person cannot be an entire race
>>
>>79684651
Yeah, fuck their culture. Don't enroll your stupid kid in some dual language immersion bullshit then go crying when they can't read English in the fourth grade.
>>
>>79687879
>But nobody is demanding.

You're tossing around a lot of judgement and insults for someone who "isn't demanding".
>>
>>79685096
Click clak click it ain't that hard
>>
File: Ameri-Borg.jpg (35KB, 504x302px) Image search: [Google]
Ameri-Borg.jpg
35KB, 504x302px
>>79687611
>tell me: is this truly the American dream? Assimilation?
We are the United States of America. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
>>
>>79687911
Yup. Still not demanding. No wonder that Americans are universally known as being unable to handle banter.
>>
>>79687846
The fact that you think the entire continent is Mexico is, indeed, why not even Europoors think your country is decent.
>>
>>79687577
Tell me how to plow a field and drink soda with every meal Manuel.
>>
>>79687939
>do this thing or you're a stupid piece of subhuman filth
>huh wuh no I wasn't demanding I was just bantering

Okay eurocuck. Let me know how your broadened horizons work out after muslims rape and murder every female member of your family.

Reminder that eurotrash consider all forms of self-defense to be immoral and would rather watch a dude rape their daughter than fight him.
>>
>>79687991
>The fact that you think the entire continent is Mexico is

The fact that I think the entire continent of Mexico is what? You didn't express a complete thought. You can't even speak English.
>>
>>79688046
>consider all forms of self-defense to be immoral and would rather watch a dude rape their daughter than fight him.
Sounds just like your liberals. Too bad they're winning.
>>
>>79688067
>"entire continent of Mexico"
But anon, you can't even quote correctly. I would blame the fact that you got confused with a different language. Of course, we both know that's impossible.
>>
>>79688034
I would give you a book to read, my dearest anon, but I know you wouldn't know what to do with it. It's clear the only thing you learn in American schools is how to get shot.
>>
File: 1454805270458.png (1MB, 1038x951px) Image search: [Google]
1454805270458.png
1MB, 1038x951px
Sure is /pol/ in here
>>
>>79684534
Should have. I have two friends who are half-Peruvian half-Spanish and come from an affluent stable home and couldn't form a sentence in Spanish to save their lives. It's not easy teaching your kid a language, especially when they have no need for it in everyday life.
>>
>>79684651
Anon , trust me it's not a disrespect of their parents' culture. It just happens sometimes.
>>
>>79688145
I probably wouldn't receive it considering everything tha leaves your country is riddled with cocain.
>>
>>79687931
>Your culture will adapt to service us.

Unless you're Mexican and flood Southern California with millions of people. Then you can carve out some colonies where you don't need English at all.
>>
>>79688158
>OP here:
I didn't think this thread would turn out like that
I thought we would just post pictures of half-white cartoon characters
>>
>>79684534
My parents both speak French with father being a native speaker and I didn't learn any in the home.
>>
>>79685492
My Columbian friend is very white
Except has dark brown eyes hair and brown nipples
>>
>>79688076
No liberals in America are opposed to self-defense. They might support gun control but that's different. European liberals are full-blown insane "if a muslim breaks into your home and rapes your daughter you should just watch politely and give him a tissue to clean up after". There's a popular British comedian who does a whole bit on how wrong it is to kill anyone for any reason, including if they have you tied up with a gun to your head and are raping your wife while you watch. I'm not even exaggerating.
>>
>>79688200
I'm disappointed that you'd reject my cocaine book, anon, considering your country is by far the largest buyer of that cocain. I was even planning on asking for your junkie compatriots to gift-wrap it.
>>
>>79688228
Well, remember never to bring race into /co/umblr
>>
Europeans are fucking retarded. Does anyone have that gif of a Swedish dude holding a door shut on an armed robber, so he can't escape and is stuck in the store with the female cashier? GEE WHIZ I WONDER IF HE MIGHT STAB HER OR TAKE HER HOSTAGE! Maybe you should open the fucking door so no one gets stabbed! It's like they have absolutely no survival instincts. No wonder muslims and gypsies just openly ruin their shit without even trying.
>>
>>79688272
>There's a popular British comedian who does a whole bit on how wrong it is to kill anyone for any reason, including if they have you tied up with a gun to your head and are raping your wife while you watch.
>Knows that he's a comedian
>Still thinks what he's saying is serious
Thank you. That is all we needed. Goodnight and God bless.
>>
>>79684790

Given that you're still posting, you're telling me that you're either an "idiot who lacks any sense of self-identity, and latches on to some fake group ideal in order to convince yourself that your life means anything, and that you shouldn't just put a bullet in your own skull", or a skeleton.

Thats just spoopy.
>>
>>79688296
I'm surprised you'd even embrace it. I figured your country was trying to get rid of it's shameful image to the world. But then again all your music literally considers them saints. I'm sorry about your life.
>>
>>79687881
>English North America.
>implying Canada has any influence
>>
>>79684365
Done for humor mostly.

Most kids I knew who parent spoke a second language, also spoke it even if they didn't know how to read or write in said language. The ones who didn't wished their parents had taught them.

Rember having a teacher talking about how she'd wanted her dad to teach her German butwouldn't teach her German due to how Germans were viewed at the time.
>>
>>79685031
>LEARNING BAD. IGNORANCE GOOD.
Back to /pol/, you anti-intellectualist piece of shit.
>>
>>79688338
It was SJW style comedy of "can you believe that there are people who think it's okay to fight back against violent rapists". He wasn't joking about being retarded. You do realize that many comedians just go on unfunny political rants that people laugh at because they agree with their politics, right?
>>
File: eatingnachos.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
eatingnachos.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>79688308
duly noted
>>
>>79684365
Hate to blogpost here but I'm a spic and my family never taught me Spanish because they thought it hinder my education
>>
>>79685031
>>79688422
I wish there was a middle ground between "if you only speak one language then you are a worthless subhuman" and "learning more than one language is a moronic waste of time that should be mocked".
>>
>>79688385
>I'm surprised
Of course you are. It's OK, nobody actually expects you to know stuff.
> But then again all your music literally considers them saints
Hmm? Are you slightly suggesting that you understand the lyrics? Come on, nobody believes you.
> I'm sorry about your life.
Psst. If you're looking for the pathetic nationwide self-flagellation of guilt, try looking north of the Rio Grande.
>>
>>79688455
>learning more than one language is a moronic waste of time that should be mocked
It's OK. Only worthless subhumans who only speak one language believe that.
>>
>>79684534
I know plenty of second generation immigrant kids who can barely speak their parent's mother tongue. step outside your basement once in a while
>>
where is the link with all ladybug's episodes?
>>
>>79684365
My parents were always working and I hung around white kids.

1+1=2
>>
>>79684365
Because it's a thing in real life.

I'm half-Japanese and I suck at Japanese language.
>>
>>79684534
Anon. My parents were Japanese, first-gen immigrants, and guess what? I don't speak Japanese. Not a goddamn word of it. I lived in a perfectly stable home, with cool parents, and sure, I hadJapanese culture tossed into my upbringing, but I was never taught Japanese. They figured, reasonably, that I had no need to learn a language that would just slow down my learning in English. It's most parent's reasoning, actually.
>>
Denunciado papu. Despedite de tu cuenta rufiƔn.
>>
>>79684534
Most parents are on the opposite very concerned with their children learning proper English as good and early as possible. To the point where whatever language their family once used is sidelined until later or even intentionally ignored forever.

What's most important. Being bilingual in a country that generally doesn't use your language. Or growing up just like everyone else?
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.