[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were your favourite arcs/storylines from the New 52? I lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: new52vsolddcu2.jpg (92KB, 576x411px) Image search: [Google]
new52vsolddcu2.jpg
92KB, 576x411px
What were your favourite arcs/storylines from the New 52?
I lost track of the ones I was reading early on and wanted to get some recommendations now I've got more time
>>
Trench.
>>
Also, with a new reboot being planned I was wondering do you guys even think the New 52 reboot wasn't worth it? My limited knowledge leads me to believe nothing too new or inventive was brought to the table other than a self mutilating Joker
>>
The first 40 or so issues of Aquaman were consistently great.
>>
Midnighter #1-7
>>
Lemire's Green Arrow & Dial H
>>
>>79681360
It's not a reboot, it's a relaunch. Learn the difference.
Also you obviously haven't read anything but Batman, so just ask for other opinions and refrain from giving yours
>>
>>79681360
Eh. I don't mind it, but I understand why people hate it.
>>
>>79681360
Rebirth isn't a reboot.
>>
Phantom Stranger
>>
>>79681321

Forever Evil
Snyder/Capullo Batman
Morrison Superman
Johns Aquaman
Azarello Wonder Woman
Manapul Flash

There's plenty good, but those are just what comes to mind.

Unapologetic fan of MOST of New 52
>>
>>79681321
Well,

>>79681443
>>79681378
>>79681371
>>79681364
I agree with these anons.

I'd add Grayson to that, as well, as I'm a Dickfag.
And Gotham Academy, too, I still find that series to be fun.
Justice League is something that I enjoy, as well.

A lot of other things that I like are part of the DC YOU relaunch, so I'll just leave that aside for now.
>>79681360
It 's been pretty great, and I'd say, for some characters, it has been really worthwhile. For others, not so much. But that's true for characters even before the reboot.

Also, Rebirth isn't a reboot. It's a relaunch.

And >>79681395 is right, you've obviously read nothing but Batman and maybe a few others, likely the more mediocre books.
>>
File: Flash1_pg3CMYK.jpg (172KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Flash1_pg3CMYK.jpg
172KB, 791x1200px
I'd read graphic novels and stuff for a while, but for me the New 52 was my first jumping on point for picking up floppies when the came out, so I could talk about the stories with everyone at the shop and get the legit 'comic book' experience. I tried a few titles from the start and while I enjoyed most of them and quite a few lost my interest, the one that really comes to mind and I'd recommend to just about anyone is Manpul/Azarello's The Flash.

What I fucking love about it is how unashamedly 'comic book-y' it is. Right from issue one they've got the whole classic 'When Barry Allen was struck by a bolt of lightning...' thing that I can't help but read in a sixties cartoon voice, and just goes from there. It does a really good job of explaining how Barry's powers work and how they can go wrong in the fist few issues, as well as throwing weekly villains at him but also keeping the overarching narrative streamlined, so you could basically pick it up at any issue and be like 'Oh, cool he's fighting a guy with ice powers.' while not sacrificing the actual meat of the story. Every single issue has a cover with a 'hook' title on it with a 'Is this the end of The FLASH?!?' and it just really fuckin' cracked me up for some reason.

It just isn't afraid to have fun, and so many titles were going for dark n' edgy it was a really nice breath of fresh air. The art is absolutely insane to boot (those two page intro splashes are awesome) and balances the cheery superheroics with some of the more dramatic issues.

It went to shit with the new creative team but it was great while it lasted. Just a really joyful book.
>>
>>79681397
My bad
>>
Sinestro is also quite good.
>>
Some great suggestions, did anyone read Gotham by Midnight? I remember that looked good in the previews.

Also I thought I'd made it clear my knowledge was limited, so I'd mostly read the odd Batman one and a few others
>>
>>79682220
>did anyone read Gotham by Midnight?
It's good comic. Alas, doomed from start because Z-listers.
>>
>>79681581
That sounds like good fun I'll have to check it out
>>
>>79682214
Seconding this, Sinestro is great

>>79682220
Gotham by Midnight was really good
>>
>>79682234
As in Z-list villains? I love Batman's more obscure rouges
>>
>>79682220
Gotham by Midnight is fucking great. I'm not usually an artfag but that book is beautiful
>>
OMAC
>>
>>79681378
Not my Green Arrow. Didn't even give it a chance. Mike Grell for for life.
>>
>>79682339
No it was about The Spectre
>>
>>79681581
Same for me. The long term seeding of plot elements is commendable.
>>
>>79682497
Especially for two somewhat novice writer.
The juggling might have been really apparent, but it had good flow of plot points.
>>
>>79681321
Multiversity
Omega Men
Justice League 3000/3001
Most of the Green Lantern books worth reading are only worth reading if you read Johns' pre new 52 work on it, but Soule's run on Red Lanterns is a great stand alone up until it gets sucked into the Godhead crossover.
>>
>>79681321
I really liked Forever Evil and Death of the Family

Convergence and Futures End were cool as well, but they both stretched on for too long with their tie in issues.
>>
Dial H
Phantom Stranger but them crossovers though
Batwoman for the art
The Shade
Swamp Thing
>>
I don't know if You counts as 52. If it doesn't, just Dial H. New52 was on the same level as ANADshit. Maybe worse.
>>
>>79681443
I liked forever evil until the last book. Seemed rushed and very weak....like they realized they had to end it. I really don't like anything else out of the new 52, I wanted to like it...but it was just really shitty...but it is D.C., so just have to wait a few years and superman will punch time, a crisis will happen, and everything will get rebooted...again....
>>
>>79681500
Yes, you certainly are a "dickfag" no argument their friendo
>>
>>79681321
None of it. Nothing from nu52 is good. It's an abortion.
>>
>>79682949
Marvel shill pls
>>
>>79682949
And new Harley is the absolute worst...design and personality both...they seriously ruined her
>>
>>79681321
other than what is above:
Green Lantern 1-20 and 39 onward are really good, the rest is extremely polarizing
Red Lanterns 1-37 (though you can as well go through 38-40 if you want)
Morrison's Batman (continues in N52 Incorporated) along with Batman and Robin
Catwoman 35-46 + Annual 2
New Suicide Squad
Omega Men
Prez
Convergence one-shots (NOT the main story), I recommend Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Crime Syndicate, Green Lantern/Parallax, Nightwing and Oracle, Superman, Swamp Thing, The Flash and especially JSA, Shazam!, Speed Force, Suicide Squad, Superboy, The Atom and The Question
>>
And new lobo looks like a trap
>>
>>79681321
Stop rebooting shit.

Stop rewriting characters as SJW fodder to broaden your market appeal.

Stop turning established, beloved characters into Mary Sues for "the 21st century" just so you can grab that sweet tweenage girl or 30-something independent womyn market. They never supported comics in any great numbers for the past 70 years. Why would this be any different?

Just fucking make new characters with the same passion and devotion you did with the old.

I still have faith DC can do this. Marvel has already failed me.
>>
>>79682978
They tweaked his appearance and he looks very similar to old Lobo now
>>
Johns and guy right after him's Aquaman runs (stuff about renegade Aquaman meh)
Azzerello WW great
Animal Man and Swamp Thing
Valentine's Catwoman
Most Johns Justice League (especially Forever Evil)
Justice League 3000+
Most miniseries (Penguin pain and prejudice, current Swamp Thing, Prez, etc)
Phantom Stranger
Gotham by Midnight

Probably other but off the top of my head this is all I can type while at work.
>>
>>79683136
Pics/issue?
>>
>>79682453
Spectre is B list (like all magical character ultimately)
Maybe C List cause not enough TV/cartoon/movie
>>
>>79683217
The last couple issues of his solo, and he was in the most recent issue of Batman/Superman. I don't have pics on hand but he looks really scruffy now
>>
>>79683224
There's no way he's B. He's C list at best.
>>
File: 4839761-the_vision_1_cover.jpg (660KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4839761-the_vision_1_cover.jpg
660KB, 1249x1920px
>>79683033
Marvel is mostly trash right now, but it does still have a few quality books. This is probably my favorite out of the big two right now.
>>
>ctrl+f
>no demon knights
come now
>>
>>79683266
Omega Men is better. And honestly I like Midnighter more too, though it's not really better written.
>>
>>79683188
Also Grayson was better than it should be, but it actually is great.
Gotham Academy and Secret Six and Superman/WonderWoman are alright.
Sinestro and Doctor Fate are good.
Martian Manhunter
Robin Son of Batman
Bizzaro, All Star Section 8, most of DC Universe Presents, African Batwing
Talon was okay
All Star Western, of course
Star Spangled War Stories
Demon Knights, of course
Dial H, Frankenstein Agents of SHADE, Resurrection Man
Klarion and Sword of Sorcery ended too soon in my opinion
Batman Eternal is all around good
Convergence is okay (mostly the fun of the tie ins)
Futures End (see same thing for Convergence)
>>
>>79683260
He's had ongoing spanned over decades.
Including ones written by big names like Ostrander.
Practically everything he does is considered a big deal, cause of how powerful he is.
He's also been in episodes of BBatB and a short with one of the Animated Movies.

He's B
>>
>>79682976
>Red Lanterns 1-37
milligan was fucking bad and after that it's crossover city
it only gets readable with soule
>>
>>79681321

Valentine's Catwoman
Pak's Batman/Superman
Gotham by Midnight
Batman has been worth reading for Capullo's art alone
>>
Johns Shazam and Superman haven't been mentioned yet, and are better than his jl run.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.