[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this fight bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
Was this fight bullshit?
>>
It was fucking incredibly drawn regardless.
Weaver is based as fuck!
What do yoh guys want him to draw next?
>>
Blackbolt had to job and lose clean, Thanos was getting a push for the next PPV but Vince fucked it up again and put another Secret War and the title shot got hell.
>>
>>79671450
So realistically Black Bolt should have won?
>>
>>79671531
>Thanos
>Not an ULTRA Jobber

Thanos would have been BTFO by BB and his crew.
>>
>>79670053
It was revealed that he was weakened so it was ok. It should have been obvious since the first scream blew up attilan and all the ones that followed barely harmed the place they fought in. weakened or not BB can't take Thanos in a fist fight he would need his voice.
>>
>>79671531
Considering how powerful Thanos is, maybe not won but Black Bolt absolutely should've fucked Thanos up with a full power scream at close range. That's bullshit.
>>
>>79671531
Technically Black Bolt classifies as what SHOULD be the most dangerous being on Earth. So really he should have, but then that would've fucked up Hickman's plan. So of course BB has to lose and release the Terrigen mists.
>>
>bald Krunk fighting Black Hand

Seem about the way it would go.
>>
>>79671652
Don't forget about the Master Blow though. Pretty much anything short of Worldbreaker Hulk gets one-shot by that.
>>
>>79671624

He only jobs in PPV but the Beyonders were all out with an injury due to Thor botching (again) so Doom won the title.

Now Richards wrote himself out to go to NXT, Doom lost his mask but nurses another injury while going as comish.

And that fucker Miles gets another title shot.
>>
I honestly would have accepted a draw. There was no reason BB couldn't have fucked him up a bit and ran while he was winded cause he knew he wasn't going to be able to 'kill' fucking Thanos.

Then again BB is too OP, he needed a nerf honestly.
>>
>>79671624
Thanos doesn't job, he enduces jobbing. Darkseid jobs.
>>
You could have had Thanos win in Thanos style of him being one step ahead of everyone and he knew about the Terrigen bomb and in fact triggers it knowing it will weaken BB or something like that. BB is giving Thanos a run for his money and then Thanos sets off the bomb, BB is weakened and give a last ditch scream to try and off Thanos and we get OP's pic.
>>
>>79671531

BB shouted a black hole into existence. The last time he jobbed that hard it turned out he was a skrull.
>>
>>79672209
It's no wonder Master blow hasn't been used in decades. Back when he first did it he was thing tier and the punch was like serious hulk tier. Now he can punch around with hulk, thor, and gladiator at normal, a Master blow at his current strength level would be him punching someone to pluto.

>>79672488
He seems much weaker nowadays, probably the weakest he has ever been since his early version still did matter manipulation.
>>
>>79672713
Thanos did seem kinda dumb in infinity he just ran around punching people without really looking for Thane.
>>
>>79671624
How is Thanos a jobber?
>>
>>79670053
Is Captain America fighting Thanos or Darkside?
I can't tell.
>>
>>79672805
Thanos is just going to get dumber without people like Starlin and Giffen writing him.

>Thanos appears in Civil War II this summer

I want off this ride.
>>
I guess Thanos COULD tank a full shout from Black Bolt, but I'm not sure how he'd be able to move in the aftermath. Can't Black Bolt crack a planet's crust when he goes all-out?
>>
>>79673463
>Can't Black Bolt crack a planet's crust when he goes all-out?
When he goes all out black bolt's voice rips holes in reality.
>>
File: image.jpg (609KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
609KB, 1249x1920px
>>79671700
It looked like Thanos was *about* to get fucked up. Just didn't have the chance to get fully fucked up.
>>
>>79672484
Meanwhile in DCW they're rehashing the same old story lines with guys who should have retired years ago. Clark and Bruce have been top faces for 50 fucking years now.
>>
>>79672574
>he enduces jobbing

This. It's part of his charm. He routinely beats the shit out of the Silver Surfer. He managed to withstand Odin's attacks to the point where it enraged him. He stomped the Annihilators fairly quickly.

The only time I recall Thanos jobbing is when he fought the Avengers and when he fought Namor.
>>
>>79670093
Check out Infinity Gauntlet: Warzones. Fucking amazing art and storytelling by Weaver.

So surprised how no one is talking about that tie-in. It's easily the best of the Secret War tie-ins.
>>
>>79672779
Well keep in mind, after 1 master blow BB is completely wiped for a good while. Also, in Inhumans: Silent War, BB is considered strong enough to fight Sentry and be enough of a challenge that Bob wouldn't be able to do anything but fight BB.

Also he should still be able to do matter manipulation. In the Inhumans mini-series (actually I think that was Silent War too) the other Royals were wondering why BB didn't just instantly melt the tanks and other weapons of the mercenaries assembled against them or transumte them to sand or something IIRC.

Honestly, there is a reason people don't mess with the Inhumans and why (in the past at least) whenever BB enters a battle everyone freaks out and breaks out the big guns.
>>
>>79674189
That single shout should have left Thanos unable to do much of anything unless he specifically had some kind of shield to protect himself. He should not have been in a position to just keep walking forward and worst of all muzzle BB with his hand, that should have resulted in Thanos being sans 1 hand.
>>
>>79670053
I'm sure someone already mentioned it, but he jobbed that hard because he expended half of his powers fooling around with his brother to set the Terrigen Mist machine to full power/effectiveness.
>>
>>79670053
>Black Bolt is in fight with Super Strong Guy
>Black Bolt loses
>Black Bolt fags get butthurt that their husbando didn't win
It's World War Hulk all over again.
Get over it!
Also: Your Husbando Caused Mutant Genocide.
>>
>>79672574
>>79672932
Can someone tell what the hell "jobbing" is. I've been here 2 years and don't know what that means
>>
>>79675963
it's some video game or wrestling term
>>
>>79675963
It means to lose.
It's usually attributed to someone who loses a lot! You know, likes its their job to lose.
>>
>>79675843
It's not genocide, it's pest control.
>>
>>79675998
So like, they said Darkseid jobs, that means he loses right?
>>
>>79675739
>after 1 master blow BB is completely wiped for a good while
That only happened when he did it on the thing, the one he did on Ikaris, and the one he attempted to use on Namor didn't drain him.
> the other Royals were wondering why BB didn't just instantly melt the tanks and other weapons of the mercenaries assembled against them or transumte them to sand or something IIRC.
That was in Jenkins
>>79675843
>#mutantlivesmatter
Cyclops pls your dead
>>
File: 4181732-thanos+83[1].jpg (1MB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4181732-thanos+83[1].jpg
1MB, 1249x1920px
>>79671624
Came to post this

>>79670053
No, Thanos is basically Marvel's Final Boss. You're talking about the guy that literally escapes Death because the actual entity itself has a rocky relationship with him. Half his story is him being a rock that he throws at everything to see what finally kills him.

His duty in Marvel is to be a cosmic sentinel that every Cosmic entity is aware of, and lose for the very purpose that if he is taken to his absolute highest, he literally ends Marvel, which is what his most popular story is about.

He trumps anyone until plot says otherwise.
>>
>>79675963
Both >>79675982 >>79675998 are correct but to be more exact, it is a former wrestling term (now part of the wider vernacular) that references when a powerful opponent loses to another in order to make the victor seem more powerful/a bigger threat.
>>
>>79675963
A wrestling term, when somebody loses to an opponent just to make the other person look good, regardless of skill, strength, power levels, etc.
>>
>>79676061
>>
File: zinkv.jpg (139KB, 835x524px) Image search: [Google]
zinkv.jpg
139KB, 835x524px
>>79676079
>>
>>79676054
Well Earth Prime hasn't been enslaved by him, so yeah kinda.
>>
>>79676062
>>79676063
Oh ok, I get it now. Thanks bros
>>
>>79676055
>>#mutantlivesmatter
>Cyclops pls your dead
Oh you mistunderstand. I don't give a fuck about what happened to the mutants. I'm just a Wandafag who can't help but notice that what Black Bolt did is essentially what Wanda did, but 20x worse. I'm just here to get the hate ball rolling for the X-Fags.
Have fun with that!
>>
>>79673378
>Thanos is just going to get dumber without people like Starlin and Giffen writing him.
God that hurts to read

I hope Starlin writes more
>>
Are the full pages not loading for anyone else either?
>>
>>79676217
>20x worse
There was only like 300 muggas alive anyway, I'm pretty sure wanda killed more. Black Bolt has probably killed more Inhumans with the mist than Mutants.
>>
>>79675843
this
>>
>>79676266
Everything is loading fine for me, but large comic pages tend to fuck up if your internet is even a little slow.
>>
File: 43_06.jpg (393KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
43_06.jpg
393KB, 1000x1537px
>>79676061
Except for the fact that the actual cosmic entities can drop him unless he has a cosmic power-up, case in point Deadpool vs Thanos. Death has to power up Thanos and DP for them to fight Eternity and Thanos loses to DP when powered up by the Uni-force.
>>
>>79676269
I don't recall, did BB know that the mists would sterilize and kill off mutants? If he didn't then it's hardly comparable to Wanda who knew she was removing mutants from the world.
>>
>>79676269
Wanda DEPOWERED thousands of mutants. several of whom died from complicated caused by using their powers during the depowering (suddenly flight cuts off, etc...).
Black Bolt KILLED thousands of mutants after Wanda and Hope empowered a whole bunch of new mutants AND he sterilized any left over mutants.
Face it buddy, Blackagar is the new face of Mutant Genocide. Hence my new slogan:
Black Bolt is the new Wanda.
Make him feel shitty for it.
>>
>>79675843
He gets it. Thanos > BB
>>
>>79676343
>did BB know that the mists would sterilize and kill off mutants?
I don't think anybody knew about the sterilizing part. Some of the depowered mutants from son of m died but I think some lived. The mist should be killing humans too but I guess it got diluted too much for that.
>>
>>79676309
>actual cosmic entities can drop him
I'm still looking for the page to back me up, but they won't

pretty sure Thanos is Galactus-tier, in that he is so important that he serves a Cosmic purpose
>>
>>79676483
That much was on purpose. The mists were purposefully designed not to kill of humans unlike the exposure to the crystal the Inhumans normally use.
>>
File: INFINTY WARS_06-23.jpg (314KB, 774x1183px) Image search: [Google]
INFINTY WARS_06-23.jpg
314KB, 774x1183px
>>79676499
in the meantime, have a page of Galactus telling Thanos to shut the fuck up, kek
>>
>>79676499
I don't recall ever reading anything about Thanos being that important, but I hardly consider myself an expert on all things Marvel. However, much like >>79676613 here's another page showing Thanos is not cosmic entity tier and thus not a universe ender without a serious power up.
>>
>>79676613
Kek
>>
>>79676713
It very well could just be my bias, so I'm just going to look for that page so I have it anytime this comes up again

It's like that one page with Xavier talking about how dangerous Magneto is because magnetism and 4th foundamental law or something, a cool page for powerlevel talk that I never saved and is forever lost
>>
>>79676343
>I don't recall, did BB know that the mists would sterilize and kill off mutants? If he didn't then it's hardly comparable to Wanda who knew she was removing mutants from the world.
Granted but Wanda was losing her mind.
BB was of sound mind and didn't care what the mists would do to mutants. Even if it wasn't done with intent, he is still culpable for his actions.
If regular Logan weren't frozen in Carbonite, I can only assume he would be trying to Snikt Bolt's ass like he tried to Snikt Wanda's. Hell Slim already tried to take a shot at Bolt and apparently died in the process. Better luck next life Rightclops.
>>
>>79676779
>logan fighting BB
He would have to be insane. Doesn't he get btfo by Scott every time they clash?
>>
>>79676779
Well I don't think BB really even knew what the mists would do to mutants. His only potential point of knowledge would be with what happened to Quicksilver, but he literally impregnated his body with terrigen crystals (and he also got better). For all BB knew, the diluted mists that don't harm humans shouldn't harm mutants either.

That being said, I agree that he is culpable.

However, back to Wanda, Cyke was in Dark Phoenix mode when he killed Xavier, doesn't mean that people don't hold it against him even though none of the X-Men hold Dark Phoenix shenanigans against Jean.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 559x556px
>>79675777
I didn't post the entire fight, but the first scream detonates the terrigan bomb and blows up the palace. It rips off thanos'so clothes and Black Bolt can only produce weaker screams from that point on, hence the facegrab.

Also, I know Thanos isn't seen as a powerful motherfucker for the most part but he's extraordinarily durable.
>>
>>79676940
>However, back to Wanda, Cyke was in Dark Phoenix mode when he killed Xavier, doesn't mean that people don't hold it against him even though none of the X-Men hold Dark Phoenix shenanigans against Jean.
I mostly hold it against Bendis Scott, who would constantly scream "NOT MUH FAULT! PHEONIX!" after Gillen Cyclops (see ACTUAL RIGHTCLOPS) had so eloquently taken responsibility for his actions. See Bendis, this is why you can't Cyclops.
Sorry for that aside anon, but I have to chastise Bendis every few minutes for his many, many mistakes.
And agreed, state of mind doesn't make someone wholly not responsible, but I'd still say Black Bolt's actions are more harmful to Homo Superior than Wanda's actions. Wanda caused mutant genocide in only the textbook definition. No more mutants were born because those who were depowered couldn't sire new people with X-Genes. But they could still have children. Black Bolt has LITERALLY caused mutant genocide by killing/sterilizing the entire mutant race.
>>
>>79677167
Oh I know Thanos is incredibly powerful, there's a reason he's part of Cosmic Marvel. It's just a full throated blast from BB is considered a cosmic event and Thanos does not easily survive those. Then again considering the Earth was still standing it wasn't a full power blast but still, it would have been better if they had beaten each other to a draw or Thanos pulled out some clever plan to win rather than just face palm BB.
>>
>>79677428
Ah, ok. I get where you're coming from now on the Cyclops thing and fully agree. Bendis just writes stories he likes and ignores everything else about a character most of the time so it's kinda expected.
>>
>>79677466
Thanos has survived a universe ending.
There is no way in hell BB is going to hurt him
>>
>>79677641
Of course he survived it, he was the one who absorbed all of reality, shortly before having a conversation with Adam Warlock and remaking it almost exactly as it was, with minor alterations.
>>
>>79672209
Master Blowjobbed
>>
So could somebody like Sentry, or Thor take Thanos if they were going all out?
>>
File: Galactus Enraged.jpg (446KB, 1266x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Galactus Enraged.jpg
446KB, 1266x1920px
>>79676061
>>79676079
>>79676093
Just picked up on a Starlin trend I hadn't noticed before. When he wants to show Thanos wasting someone highly regarded in the Marvel U, he shows Thanos knocking their hat or helmet off to make them look foolish, or signify a reduction in status.
>>
>>79677834
Not a chance.
He solo'd the fucking Annihilators
>>
>>79677907
>solo'd
warlock helped, and teleported Gladiator away.
>>
>>79677641
Besides, you're talking about The End, where Thanos had a cosmic power up, the Heart of the Universe, that allowed him to do all that, that's not something he can do on his own.

BB tears wholes in the universe with his voice, sometimes he needs some help to focus it, but the sheer raw power is his.

>>79677834
Thor can definitely not take on Thanos, the Sentry is a maybe. All out Sentry is supposedly the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe that is not a celestial entity and even then he can give some of those guys a run for their money.

Let's keep in mind here, Thanos is essentially the most powerful a character can get in Marvel without crossing over into cosmic entity tier. A character needs to be able to at least semi-casually oneshot a planet to be in his league.
>>
>>79677965
Warlock didn't help THAT much and Gladiator was about the weakest of them.
>>
File: Gladiator lifts building.jpg (611KB, 1008x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator lifts building.jpg
611KB, 1008x1500px
>>79677965
>removing Gladiator
Yeah, that probably helped a lot.
>>
>>79677984
No, I'm talking about Thanos Imperative.
BB had to store up his screams for months to do what he did in WoK, and even then Vulcan's power was fueling the bomb too.
>>
>>79677834
>>79677984
Didn't Sentry beat a Celestial? I didn't really ready Uncanny Avengers but people made it seem like that's what happened.
>>
>>79678014
They specifically said he was the biggest threat besides Gladiator is kinda of a bullshitter himself. Like how he punched Vulcan and despite his ridiculous that eye won't heal because Gladiator was REALLY confident while doing it.
>>
>>79678014
It goes Surfer>Gladiator>Beta Ray Bill>Quasar>Ronan>Space Knight
>>
File: (´・ω・`).webm (85KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
(´・ω・`).webm
85KB, 440x330px
>yfw you realize that Black Bolt's superpower is literally going REEEEEEEEE at superautistic levels
>>
>>79678019
>>79678060
>>79678061
Ah yeah my mistake. Don't know why I was thinking of Ronan.
>>
>>79678032
He got teleported out of the cancerverse by Dick rider, at no point do they say BB was storing screams the reason he had to go with the bomb is because he had to power it, and vulcan wasn't powering the bomb their fight fucking up the machinery caused it to malfunction.
>>
>>79677984
>Thor can definitely not take on Thanos, the Sentry is a maybe.
I would say that it depends what era we're talking about. At the end of Infinity Gauntlet, Thor used Mjolnir to send Thanos flying, appearing to the others to lead to Thanos's destruction by a bomb. It was actually a ploy to make them think he was dead, as he retired to a farm to rethink his place in the cosmos, but keep in mind, he had earlier in Thanos Quest, said he was wary to take on the Hulk. I don't think that Thanos could have endured Black Bolt's scream at point plank range.
>>
File: 4382230-black+bolt+is+op+47.jpg (217KB, 588x895px) Image search: [Google]
4382230-black+bolt+is+op+47.jpg
217KB, 588x895px
>>79678032
Impromptu hole in the universe, no months of screams necessary
>>
>>79678057
Death Sentry caught the Celestial's foot.
>>
File: 4382239-black+bolt+is+op+51.jpg (625KB, 1212x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4382239-black+bolt+is+op+51.jpg
625KB, 1212x1920px
>>79678032
>>79678101
Another hole in the universe with some help in focusing BB's voice but the power was all him
>>
>>79678093
Don't listen Bendis's bullshit explanation. Ever
You should feel bad for even talking about it
>>
>>79678118
I'm sorry anon it is canon. Richard THE DOOR Rider is canon.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 660x607px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 660x607px
>>79678094
>he had earlier in Thanos Quest, said he was wary to take on the Hulk

I think it's more of a writer preference because it doesn't sound consistent if Thanos is wary of taking on Hulk when he can casually beat the shit out of guys like Drax and The Silver Surfer. Jim Starlin has said that Hulk is his favorite Marvel hero, and Starlin let him get some good hits in the last time they fought.
>>
>>79675038

its a story about non-white, non-male characters, and it wasn't heavily focused on by the media.
so no one on here knew it existed.
>>
>>79678401
>I think it's more of a writer preference
Yeah, you can easily tell Starlin's favourites.
You can also tell which characters he doesn't like, he had Thanos and beat up, insult and utterly humiliate Ronan the Accuser in a way that seemed extremely petty.
>>
>>79670053
Nah.

Black Bolt did as much damage as you'd expect.

Maybe the scream should have done more damage, but you rarely see someone ruffle Thanos' feathers like that outside of Bendis' comics.
>>
>>79678057
Sentry has done some bullshit in his time

>Breaking Terrax's Axe
>Tanking full retard Hulk blows and casually coming close to destroying Earth at the same time
>Fighting Galactus to a standstill
>Tanking Blackbolt's voice
>Ripping an Olympian in half
>Tearing Adamantium
>Dr Strange was legitimately afraid the the Void would end the universe
>>
>>79676309
goddamnit why is marvel death such a fucking pathetic joke
>>
>>79678057
No.

He and Rogue w/a ton of powers halted the celestial's descent.
>>
File: Thanos (2003-2004) 006-007.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos (2003-2004) 006-007.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>79676499
read thanos #1-6, he is cunning enough to beat people like galactus but in a straight up brawl he is fucked
>>
To anybody saying blackbolts screams could destroy planets, the after effects of one of thanos' fights with classic Drax destroyed a planet, and thanos was unfazed. If anything this is a low showing for him.
>>
Thanos beating Black Bolt is fine.

Thanos is one of the few characters, who are considered to be in a weird, nameless tier above high heralds and below skyfathers. Thanos will beat pretty much any high herald, including Silver Surfer and Thor, even at the same time. But he will lose to high end skyfathers like Odin.

Some fans call his tier the trans level tier.

Black Bolt on the other hand has the physical stats of a mid herald level character. Not on the same level as Thor or more recent versions of the Hulk. But what he lacks in physicals, he makes up for with his destructive ability. So he is somewhat of a glass canon, like Cyclops, who can do more damage than he can absorb.

But even the damage Black Bolt can do has its limit and Thanos durability surpasses that limit.
>>
>>79679350
Hello kmc
>>
>>79679388

I think that's where it originated from, yeah.
>>
>>79670053
Yes, if Drax can annihilite Thanos with a gun (Thanos Imperative), why cant Black Bolt fucking destroy him with his ability?
>>
>>79680503
BB wasn't specifically created to kill Thanos.
>>
>>79673661
Well he did have enhancing devices that stored his power somehow into a built up source (somehow) for him to be able to rip reality.

But honestly, this is fucking Black Bolt.
The guy who got captured by skrulls, with nobody noticing or questioned him losing to The Hulk.
I sometimes have no idea if Blackbolt is sometimes written too weak or too strong.
>>
>>79670093
I'd kill for Hickman/Weaver on an Eternals ongoing.
>>
>>79675038
>So surprised how no one is talking about that tie-in
Every Secret Wars thread we had was filled with people saying that it's the best tie-in. People aren't talking about it anymore because SW is over so we generally don't have SW tie-in threads anymore.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.