[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the witchcraft that capeshit characters do ever given a logical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18

File: asdadasdsa.jpg (110KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
asdadasdsa.jpg
110KB, 263x400px
For example Superman can shoot a concentrated stimulated emission of infrared radiation or heat vision but how the flying fuck does his organic physiology do this in first place and why can he control the way the beams work if he has no Infrared manipulation ability?
>>
it all traces back to the red sun
follow the rabbit hole
>>
That shit only matters to autists who write source books. Stick to wikipedia, kid.
>>
>>79665714
His cells absorbs solar radiation and energy think of the eyes as same as a laser pointer mechanism, reflection and refraction and shit
>>
>>79665814
But the Kryptonians are natural they werent created otherwise that would be logical, their planet also doesnt permit shooting lasers from you eyes as a required survival method.

The next question I have is how the actual fuck does Manhunters powers even work.
>>
File: 1437686738360.jpg (4KB, 72x124px) Image search: [Google]
1437686738360.jpg
4KB, 72x124px
>>79665714
>wanting shit realistically explained
>>
File: 4463849-1307084722205.jpg (38KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
4463849-1307084722205.jpg
38KB, 589x399px
>>
Kryptonians have solar cells throughout their bodies that absorb yellow sun energy via some kind of pseudoscience probably closest to how chloroplasts work

You could try actually reading comics instead of making dumb threads
>>
>>79665874
Their planet is orbiting a red sun so it De powers them
Also think of their eyes like they are a magnifying glass
>>
>>79665714
I'm guessing this is bait, but if you're being sincere you're coming at this the wrong way.

The key is in your own question: "logical explanation". You seem to be asking for a SCIENTIFIC explanation, which is stupid.

A "logical explanation" doesn't mean a realistic or scientific one. It means logical consistency, and the powers in comics usually strive for internal logical consistency.

Comics break this sometimes, and these breaks are obvious and are complained about. A comic will establish what a person can do, and why, and then continue to maintain that.
>>
>>79665899
Speed Force handwaves flashs shit but how the fuck do non magical being in both Marvel and DC do the crap they do.

I know things like the heralds can screw with any form of energy so their stuff makes sense.

>>79665945
But how the flying jesus fuck is THIS NATURAL?
>>
>>79666079
>But how the flying jesus fuck is THIS NATURAL?

The flying comes from a bioaura that gets produced by charged solar cells

Again, this is all explained in comics
>>
>>79665714
The comic tells you that he can, that's all you should need to know. Don't over think a character created to entertain children in the 1930's
>>
>>79666119
>The flying comes from a bioaura
But how the flying jesus fuck is this NATURAL?
>>
>>79666079
>but how the fuck do non magical being in both Marvel and DC do the crap they do.

I'm not as knowledgeable about DC, but Marvel has this covered.

All super powers (on Earth at least) are due to Celestial tampering with the genes of the ancestors of humans millions of years ago. Celestials are beings so far advanced beyond us that their technology is basically magic, and they used this technology to imbue the potential of super abilities in what would eventually become humans

Some bearers of these traits, called mutants, express them naturally. Some, called mutates, require triggers like exposure to radiation.

But the answer to your question for Marvel is "space god magic".
>>
Because it's not real you sperg. You want Moby Dick's entire family tree and precise dimensions too? It's just a bigass white whale, you don't need shit, fuck you you ignorant jackass. You better be some kinda ultra smart ma thematic genius with this kinda spergdom.
>>
>>79666232
I don't understand what you're confused about. It seems like most organisms on Krypton get powers so they all have the solar cells, probably just something in their evolutionary path. Why are you confused?
>>
>>79666327
Because his autism won't let him accept that these are stories for entertainment and don't need to follow REAL TRUE SCIENCE.
>>
>>79666327
How do these solar cells exist?
>>79666244
I know Marvel already explained all the powers with Celestials giving humans the ability to subconsiously impose their will allowing them to reality warp superpowers into existence that dont make sense logically in their universe its something like the espers in magical index.
>>
>>79666410
>How do these solar cells exist?

again they're pretty much just sci-fi chloroplasts, probably the same way those exist in real life
>>
>>79666410
Did Mommy forget to empty your piss bottle? Why are you getting so worked up?
>>
>>79666395
but you'd think he would issue at the point of interplanetary travel and not the biology of a fictional species
>>
File: 5ca.jpg (77KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
5ca.jpg
77KB, 600x587px
>>79665714
Why do Kryptonians and Humans look physically the same?
And why are most races of aliens just humans with different skin color?
I know that the IRL reason is lazyness but has anyone ever given a canon reason for that?
Is the Infinite Crisis thing that all life started on Earth still canon, and do they writers realize how retarded that is?
>>
>>79666493
You can never tell why autists fixate on what they do. Autism is funny like that.
>>
>>79666441
What?
>>79666506
Humanoid physiology makes tool use easier so any intelligent alien race may have a bipedal humanoid physiology, the completely flat human faces is due to them no longer requiring powerful jaws so their jaws sink in their face and get weaker over time. Its the same reason we dont look like apes right now.
>>
>>79666577
>What?

You really can't grasp the idea of a cholorplast that does everything just a bit better?

I don't understand what you're having problem understanding so I'm just going to stop replying now.
>>
File: autism levels.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
autism levels.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>79666577
>>
>>79666506
all DCU life did start on Earth because humans on Earth wrote the stories
>>
>>79666640
How does this cell even develop? Why dont we have plants that can shoot lasers? How the fuck can something that is physiologically closer to a planet even look like a fucking human?
>>
>>79666700
>I need a fictional biology text written about things that don't exist just to read a comic about a farmboy doing good deeds

senpai go outside
>>
Look man, with superhero comics either you accept that superpowers can exist or you don't.

If you don't, then you shouldn't read them because there is no scientific explanation. It's fantastic entertainment.

It seems like this is making you really upset. I think you'd be much happier just not reading superhero comics if they bother you that much.
>>
Lol, wouldn't it be funny if Kryptonians were created to be the ultimate soldiers, then a habitable planet was seeded with them, it's sun converted to red (it's been done before to Earth's sun in the comics) and they were left to be later harvested, indoctrinated, exposed to a yellow sun, then set loose on their creators' enemies, but Krypton went KERPLOO before they were needed? That's just too wacky to ever be a possibility! A planet of dormant super-soldiers...wow.
>>
>>79666668
But there are canon shit that states life existed long before Earth was even formed on the post-CoIE DCU.
Like the Oans had to at least have existed before the humans, if not than the whole Vandal Savage Immortal Man thing falls apart.

>>79666577
Again, is just converging evolution the canon reason or is that just a fan theory?
>>
>>79666811
But anon unless its stated like in most fictional universes, the powers need a source that makes coherent senses.

For example the superpowers in Dragonball are due to chi and magic but mainly chi. In DC there is nothing that explains why so many random humans can develop superpowers and it doesnt explain how these superpowers ignore the conservation of energy.
>>79666879
Once a species gets smart and doesnt like in the water it doesnt need jaws anymore so its face will begin to flatten while its cranium expands.
>>
File: 1430787747676.jpg (2MB, 1920x3004px) Image search: [Google]
1430787747676.jpg
2MB, 1920x3004px
>>79666955
>In DC there is nothing that explains why so many random humans can develop superpowers and it doesnt explain how these superpowers ignore the conservation of energy.

Why do people who don't read comics try to talk about them?
>>
>>79667013
meta gene makes no fucking sense at all, how can DNA GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO SHOOT FIRE FROM YOUR HAND?

It cant its all a load of bullshit. Unless the DNA in question is not chemical DNA but an unknown alien metaphysical gene that operates differently.

Still doesnt explain how they violate conservation of energy.
>>
>>79667013
I'm pretty sure they don't explain how superpowers ignore the conservation of energy because it's one of those "who pumps the batmobile's tires" things, unless they need to do one of those "you see [insert villain here], here's my complicated and revealing backtrack through how I foiled your evil schemes" sort of things
>>
>>79666955
>But anon unless its stated like in most fictional universes, the powers need a source that makes coherent senses.

You seem angry anon. Want to talk about it?
>>
>>79665714
Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?

If you can't answer this with properly cited sources then every writer that's ever worked on Batman is lazy and a hack.
>>
>>79667097
>>79667104
Of course the conservation of energy won't get explained because superpowers aren't real and couldn't actually happen.

Is this not immediately obvious to you?
>>
>>79667186
>Is this not immediately obvious to you?
Yes, why else do you think we're having this thread
Dumbass
>>
>>79667186
If it was magic anon I wouldnt have made this thread but its not magic so its science so it NEEDS TO MAKE SENSE.
>>
In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones.

I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something?

Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
>>
>>79667212
>>79667224
But it doesn't make sense because it can't. I just don't understand what you want besides the general in universe reasons that make it run smoothly. Science fiction in general is full of things that can't really happen. Why are superpowers in particular causing problems for you?
>>
>>79667289
>But it doesn't make sense because it can't
People flying around with superpowers can't happen either
But it can in comics, which is why this thread was made
I just don't understand why you insist on posting in this thread when you don't even understand the concept
>>
File: autism speaks.jpg (185KB, 1286x1254px) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.jpg
185KB, 1286x1254px
>>79667289
Because autism.
>>
>>79667289
Most scifi have explanations behind their stuff but DC doesnt anon.

I NEED AN EXPLANATION for it.

How do they ignore conversation of energy? There is simply no way scientific bio organisms could ever hold that much energy inside of them without exploding nor generate that much energy without exploding either. So how do they do it?
>>
>>79667365
Maybe we should start by establishing some basic points.

Anon, do you understand comics are fiction?
>>
>>79666955
There is no conservation of energy in the DC universe. its literally cannon.
both, given it has been REPEATEDLY asserted its a comic book, fictional world, with all the the wall breaking.
Superman seeing, us, etc.

But also in universe. Speed force, the bleed. The DC universe is NOT a closed system. Very clearly not. EXPRESSLY not so.

Not even in a speed force is magic we dont have to explai shit, bullshit. but, the speed force is ENERGY FROM OUTSIDE THE UNIVERSE. it by definition, and its very existence, means its not a closed system.
>>
>>79667394
But you're getting the explanations and you still say that they aren't explanations. The explanation for the solar cells is that they are able to do it via a mechanism similar to one that some Earth life uses but it is simply better. Yet you say that isn't enough.
>>
>>79666700
>How does this cell even develop?
Like all cells, it did so spontaneously after countless generations of trial and error.
>>
>>79667423
I can't believe I was talking to a literal retard for this long
Anon, just leave the thread if you don't want to discuss the topic
>>
For fuck's sake people the guy is obviously b8ing. Did the Dragonball reference not make it obvious considering how pseudoscientific that in of itself is?
>>
>>79667551
So that's a no?

Well, there's your problem. Comics are fiction.

Does that help you?
>>
>>79667581
How is it bait though if he just makes himself look retarded?
>>
>>79667581
Of course this is just bait, but this is fun. Anon thinks he's trolling everyone but it's just entertaining engaging with a retard.
>>
>>79667581
What? I know DBZ invalidates physics all the time but the use of chi being the explanation behind their logic defying shit and chi being a metaphysical force makes complete sense dumbass.

There is no metaphysical force in all of DC that explains their powers.
>>
>>79665874
Krypton is actually pretty fucking hostile.
>>
File: 1427765430065.jpg (43KB, 307x364px) Image search: [Google]
1427765430065.jpg
43KB, 307x364px
>>79667651
>There is no metaphysical force in all of DC that explains their powers.

it's called the hypercrisis, friend
>>
>>79667499
It doe not make sense at all anon, HOW THE FUCK CAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS NATURALLY EVOLVE?
>>
>>79667651
What is life equation
>>
>>79667679
see >>79667510
>>
>>79667651
Anon, comics aren't real.
>>
>>79667714
Anon the physics of Leltonians is very faulty as there is reason WHY PLANTS DONT FUCKING MOVE even though they absorb they directly absorb energy from the sun. You see anon if you can get energy directly then you dont need to ever fucking move because only animals fucking move to eat shit to get energy from

GET IT?

The leltonians need more surface areas as well and an explanation as to why their bodies dont explode or melt.
>>
>>79667582
>So that's a no?
Fuck off retard

>Comics are fiction
This is actually wrong, comics are just a medium of which to present stories or information.

>Does that help you?
You can help yourself to Deez Nuts
>>
>>79667823
It's okay, anon. Maybe your parents wanted your life to have a little magic and they never told you movies and TV and comics aren't real.

But it's time you knew. Comics aren't real. The characters and powers depicted in them are fictional.
>>
>>79667626
Shit I am trying to post that one 4chan comic but I can't find it. You know the one where the guy's like "look at me I am a retard!" then later says "I am just pretending" or something like that.

In fact can someone post it please?

>>79667641
Eh, I guess if you're into that thing. But it's so obvious when you see posts like >>79667807
that the guy's talking out of his ass pretending to act like he knows science.
>>
File: 469[1].jpg (37KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
469[1].jpg
37KB, 489x499px
>>79667878
>Waah waah I want to understand what comics are
>woah woah woah, that's far too much information
What a backpedalling faggot
How embarassing, poor baby
>mfw this pleb doesn't know that there are several non-fiction comics, the most popular of which are autobiographical comics that portray slices of the authors life
>>
>>79667965
You seem upset.

Are you having trouble with the concept of fiction?
>>
His ice breath always bothered me much more than his heat vision. Like, wtf? It would be cool if he could puff out gale force winds n shit, but freezing shit by breathing on it? k.
>>
>>79667954
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have Leltonians and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in Dragon Ball and, uh, the Marvel, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help DC and should help the comic books and the Superman, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.
>>
>>79667954
you can tell he's making it up as he goes since if he actually cared about science he would wonder why the yellow vs red thing matters to the cells rather than the specifics of the evolutionary path
>>
>>79668100
well that one's pure bullshit, mostly just the idea that if you blow on something you feel a breeze so if he blew on it with a lot of power it would be a much harsher breeze
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme[1].png (48KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme[1].png
48KB, 500x282px
>>79668028
>b-buh? This handsome and amazing poster is responding to me with concepts beyond my understand
>better evade the argument and conversation entirely so he doesn't point out my idiocy
Too bad
How sad
>mfw when you've never read works by Alison Bechdel, John Backderf, Craig Thompson, or literally the thousands of accomplished comic artists who have made autobiographical accounts through the comic medium
>tfw you've never ever considered the multitudes of webcomics that are essentially autobiographical, paricularly those of the "24 hour comic" variety
>>
>>79668100
OP here I believe it has something to do with his power lungs and the fact that the air you blow you is cool, but wouldnt a stronger bust of air be hotter?
>>
>>79668212
What would you say the source of your problem is?

Think back to your childhood. Maybe something happened to you that affected your ability to understand fiction?
>>
>>79668104
Anon I will get to how stupid the red and yellow sun thing but the solar cells thing is quite retarded.
>>
>>79668344
I don't believe you thought about it at all until I said something or it would be in the OP before you found out about the solar cells. It is the most obviously troubling part of the whole thing to the point where some versions try to claim gravity change gives him some powers too.
>>
File: CEc8rc2[1].png (107KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
CEc8rc2[1].png
107KB, 557x605px
>>79668279
>Better deflect the path of this conversation by bringing up something that has literally nothing to do with this conversation
>I'll post about literally anything that if actually responded to would mean absolutely nothing in the scope of the previous argument
>M-MUST TRY NOT TO COMPLIMENT HIS INCREDIBLY SWAYING ARGUMENT OR BODY OR FACE
see >>79667878
>Comics aren't real

>OH SHIT
OH SHIT
>OH SHIT
OH SHIT

>mfw comics are not only used for more than fictional purposes, but can be used for the purposes of educating
>once more, comics have been used to teach people about the theory and concept behind comics themselves (BASED SCOTT MCCLOUD)
>>
>>79668437
The OP is about how ridiculous a naturally evolved creation possessing laser eyes is dumbass.
>>
>>79668466
Was your father present in your early life? That may be the problem.
>>
File: photo[3].jpg (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
photo[3].jpg
2KB, 48x48px
>>79668563
>I'm Doing it again
>HOLY FUCK I'M DOING IT AGAIN AND MY ARGUMENT IS SO RETARDEARRRAARARRHHHHRRRRR RHRRRRUHRRR
>>
>>79665714
Why are you looking for hard science in science fantasy superhero comics
>>
>>79668695
>Why are you looking for hard science in science fantasy superhero comics
>Why are you looking for science in science comics
>science in science comics
>>
>>79668695
Not hard science because there is no hard science complex enough(well humans havent discovered it yet) to explain superpowers so Im looking for handwavy explanations that arent completely scientific.
>>
>>79668659
Are you okay, anon?

It seems like my questions are triggering some kind of stroke.

Are they dredging up unpleasant memories? This is a safe space if you want to talk about them.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg (18KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg
18KB, 800x800px
>>79668834
>I'M SO FAR REMOVED FROM THE ARGUMENT THERE ISN'T ANY SEMBLANCE OF THE PREVIOUS CONVERSATION IN MY LATEST POSTS
>WHY OH SWEET RETARD GOD DID YOU GIVE ME SUCH MAGNIFICENT RETARDATION
>>
>>79668100
This actually has a basis in science, if you force enough gas out of a small enough area it will cool down
>>
>>79668912
It's a positive sign that you're using abstract art in an attempt to articulate your issues.

One of the strengths of abstract art is its ability to directly communicate ideas and feelings without the confines of form.
>>
>>79668970
Thus, the tale of the retard anon
Emptily replying to literally anyone who will give him enough attention
This tale, sadly, will never end as you can't stop an idiot from replying
Watch as he tries to reply to this post, even though nobody will answer
>>
>>79665874
In some incarnations, Kryptonians ARE created. More than a few people think that was something that started with Man of Steel, but it's actually been around for decades.

I imagine that back when Krypton's star was younger, Kryptonian scientists figured out how to modify their genes in order to take advantage of the solar radiation. Of course, since Clark is usually portrayed as being conceived naturally in contrast to the rest of the planet's population, one wonders how he got the same abilities. Unless they were inherited somehow.
>>
>>79669073
A picture lives by companionship, expanding and quickening in the eyes of the sensitive observer. It dies by the same token. It is therefore a risky and unfeeling act to send it out into the world. How often it must be permanently impaired by the eyes of the vulgar and the cruelty of the impotent who would extend the affliction universally!
>>
File: 1454746458657.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454746458657.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>79665714
The reason is that they are fictional characters that don't follow physical laws, only narrative.

Really, the fact that their entire universe is a construct of literary ideas is a BIG part of the lore.

So, basically he does what he does because people and the writter like it.
>>
Some superheros are illogical, OP.

We can throw as many what-ifs and maybes at you, but if you're driven to tear them all down then congratulations, you probably can. It's a comic book.
>>
>>79667173
Bruce either does it himself or lets the Batcave's automated repair suite do it.

I understand the intent behind that phrase, but couldn't somebody have come up with a better example of "don't ask you idiot" than that? I mean, does Batman have some kind of psychological condition that renders him incapable of putting air in his tires?
>>
>>79669094
I don't like the versions where Clark is conceived naturally or is otherwise special.

I feel like it undermines the idea of the character. Superman happened to land somewhere where he had the power to make a difference, and he chose to do good with that power. His real power is empathy and caring.

I feel like making him special or the Chosen One or something damages that. He's a normal person on his home planet, and on Earth where he happens to have extraordinary abilities he chooses to be normal as well.
>>
>>79669197
This.

Also great sêmen demon.
>>
>>79667394
The human body does exactly thaf you retard. Each of us carries energy in our bodies equivalent to the yield of a hydrogen bomb. Kryptonians are just able to actually make use of it through things like tactile telekinesis and energy projection.
>>
>>79669272
Yes. It was first hinted at in Arkham Asylum but confirmed in Batman #467.

It relates how Bruce witnessed a man die on the road due to a blown tire during a road trip when he was young.

He hasn't been able to inflate a tire since.
>>
>>79669106
I insist upon the equal existence of the world engendered in the mind and the world engendered by God outside of it. If I have faltered in the use of familiar objects, it is because I refuse to mutilate their appearance for the sake of an action which they are too old to serve, or for which perhaps they had never been intended. I quarrel with surrealists and abstract art only as one quarrels with his father and mother; recognizing the inevitability and function of my roots, but insistent upon my dissent; I, being both they, and an integral completely independent of them.
>>
>>79669274
I liked the way Man of Steel handled that. He wasn't special. And in fact he was weaker in some aspects than other, more genetically specialized members of his race. He just had the ability to choose, rather than blindly follow one path like Zod. And as you said, he also possessed the capacity to truly care for others, and to make decisions based on morals, rather than what he was designed to do.
>>
>>79669073
that was a beautiful story about a retard anon...
never story time it again
>>
>>79669362
Something tells me you're pulling my leg here
>>
File: morrison 1.jpg (51KB, 400x421px) Image search: [Google]
morrison 1.jpg
51KB, 400x421px
>>79669272
Anon, it's a quote from Based Morrison:

>Even as Hollywood transforms itself into a superhero-industrial complex, struggling to find "gritty" and "realistic" takes on flying Ãœbermenschen in rubber suits, Morrison revels in the glorious madness of these stories. "People say kids can't understand the difference between fact and fiction, but that's bullshit," he says. "Kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really fucking dumb questions like 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/grant-morrison-psychedelic-superhero-20110822
>>
>>79669197
test test
>>
>>79669615
I know it's a quote from Morrison, which partly explains why it's so retarded.
>>
>>79669608
It was a back-up story. Dixon had some personal issues which led to the script being short that month, so he threw in that short "young Bruce" tale.

It's not usually included in the trades.
>>
>>79669664
You've gone too far now, anon.
>>
>>79669664
It's not retarded. Maybe you are?
>>
>>79669602
The (awesome but not painful) idea that she had not been everything to me. Otherwise I would never have written a work. Since my taking care of her for six months long, she actually had become everything for me, and I totally forgot of ever have written anything at all. I was nothing more than hopelessly hers. Before that she had made herself transparent so that I could write.... Mixing-up of roles. For months long I had been her mother. I felt like I had lost a daughter.
>>
reading ops reply to everything I think he legit has autism guys stop giving him more food to eat.

If you can't accept that comic books have explanations that most of the time aren't realistic and don't make sense, don't read them.
>>
>>79669979
I DON'T HAVE FUCKING AUTISM.

I'm just a normal person. If a story doesn't say it's magic, then it's science.

If it's science then IT NEEDS AN EXPLANATION. IT HAS TO MAKE SENSE. ENERGY SUN CELLS DON'T MAKE SENSE.

FUCK
>>
>>79670117
>If a story doesn't say it's magic, then it's science.
What if the story doesn't say it's science
What if the story doesn't say it's either
>>
>>79670164
Then it's science and has to have a scientific explanation.

That's fucking logic. Superman's laser eyes are not logical.
>>
>>79670202
>Superman's laser eyes are not logical.
So wouldn't it be more likely to be magical?
>>
>>79670240
No because DC has been very clear that Superman isn't magical. He's weak against magic.

Look, DC established this. I'm only following what they said.

Why is everyone acting like wanting to follow science is wrong?
>>
>>79670295
>He's weak against magic.
He's vulnerable to magic, he's weak against kryptonite
That's like saying Green Arrow is weak against knives and really heavy punches

>Look, DC established this. I'm only following what they said.
But they didn't say it was science
>>
>>79670295
Language is not made to be believed but to be obeyed, and to compel obedience newspapers, news, proceed by redundancy, in that they tell us what we ‘must’ think, retain, expect, etc. language is neither informational nor communicational. It is not the communication of information but something quite different: the transmission of order-words, either from one statement to another or within each statement, insofar as each statement accomplishes an act and the act is accomplished in the statement.
>>
>>79668466
Ever read the Andre the Giant biographical comic? That shit's beautiful.
>>
>>79667394
There isn't one.
Grow up, let your balls drop, and deal with it. It's make-believe shit.
>>
>>79669343
Those are atoms not cells you fucktard.
>>79669979
I am the real OP you jesus flying shit not this faggot>>79670117
>>
>>79670336
>That's like saying Green Arrow is weak against knives and really heavy punches

Yes, that's right. Force equals mass times acceleration. Newton's First Law of Motion tells us that an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

It's very clear.

>But they didn't say it was science
They did when they didn't say it was magic.
>>
>>79670433
>>79670117
samefag
>>
>>79667651
>chi being a metaphysical force makes complete sense dumbass
Actually, no. That's not what chi is.
If you think that you're basically a dumb white person who thinks he knows his shit.
>>
>>79670457
No I am the real OP because there is a reason why I havent responded to any of post in the last couple of minutes because I was cooking something.
>>79670477
In DBZ chi is metaphysical you dumbass
>>
>>79670433
>>79670491

Fuck off retard, you're not OP. You don't even fucking know the difference between atoms and cells, or what chi is.

Like I said here >>79670477, chi is directional stored momentum energy. DBZ gets this right. whitey.
>>
>>79670444
>Yes, that's right. Force equals mass times acceleration.
But the presence of Universal Laws of motion doesn't make Green Arrow weak like kryptonite does Superman

>They did when they didn't say it was magic.
But Magic does exist in the DC continuity
>>
>>79670562
>But the presence of Universal Laws of motion doesn't make Green Arrow weak like kryptonite does Superman

Are you fucking retarded? Of course it does. If Olly gets hit by a truck the energy transfer kills him.

You think Olly can take being hit by a truck?

>But Magic does exist in the DC continuity

But Superman isn't magical. That's my point.
>>
>>79670546
Cry more chink faggot I dont care I was just making a comparison.

Anyways back on topic Superman powers dont make sense if he is natural. On the otherhand Wonderwoman powers can be explained with its magic I aint gotta explain shit.
>>
>>79670631
>But Superman isn't magical.
That doesn't mean he defaults to science.
>>
>>79670631
>If Olly gets hit by a truck the energy transfer kills him
Depends on where the truck hits him
If Green Arrow is standing on the street and sticks out his finger, he wouldn't die

>But Superman isn't magical
He's never explicitly stated to be anything but magical
>>
>>79670491
>In DBZ chi is metaphysical you dumbass
No, it's not.
The word Ki (which is their usage in Dragonball) is derived from the word Chi or Qi (proper spelling) in Chinese, meaning "breath", representing exercising your body and a special muscle in your abdomen called a "diantien" (or a "tendan" Japanese) that when exercised increases your reserve if Qi, which when circulated through your body provides a supernatural improvement on your abilities.

This is of course highly exaggerated in Dragonball, but the very concept of chi has it stated to be a physical form of energy, not magic.
I guarantee you 100% that nowhere in Dragonball is Ki explained to be anything else.

If it is you have to prove it by posting the page where they explain otherwise.
>>
>>79670663
How can you say DBZ is scientific because of chi then insult me?

Educate yourself >>79670726

You're right the first time: DBZ is science unlike Superman.
>>
>>79670684
>If Green Arrow is standing on the street and sticks out his finger, he wouldn't die

Yes he would it's basic physics. Energy transfer

>He's never explicitly stated to be anything but magical

He's either magic or science. He's not magic, so he is science.
>>
>>79670842
>Energy transfer
Not if the truck only hits his finger
at worst, he would only lose the finger

>He's either magic or science
okay
>He's not magic
Says who?
>so he is science
Says you?
>>
>>79670726
Hey Chink there's no such fucking thing as diantien or tendan. That's monkey superstitious garbage.

This is why you chinks keep grinding up tigers and shit to make your dicks hard.

You should be on your knees every day that the white man brought you actual medicine and science.
>>
>>79670726
DBZ has magic and ki which already stated dumbass. Ki is not the same as magic in DBZ.
>>
>>79670779
>You're right the first time: DBZ is science unlike Superman.
It's pseudoscience.
It's like phlostigen or lumineferous aether; there's a "science" behind it but it's all completely wrong.
>>
>>79670901
Oh, I'm not Chinese.
Not even Asian.
>>
>>79671062
This the chink retard must be dumb if he actualy thinks I think DBZ is scientific no Im just saying DBZ has a handwaving pseudoscience explanation for the illogical stuff they do. Superman doesnt or at least his own doesnt really make a nick of sense.
>>
>>79666232

It may not seem natural to you, from your feeble human perspective, but have you ever thought maybe, just maybe, ALIEN anatomies or capabilities would be beyond and/or drastically different than that of a humans?

Of course not, because you're an autistic shitbrain who posts nebulous threads on /co/ about shit you probably don't even read.
>>
>>79671147
I understand aliens, retard. I've seen them so I know a fuck ton more about them than you. That has shit to do with anything.

Superman isn't magic so he can't have magic cells or laser eyes. That's fucking science.

If DC wanted to put some science in like chi in DBZ, that's fine but they didn't.

IT HAS TO MAKE FUCKING SENSE AND IT DOESN'T
>>
>>79671132
The supposed "chink retard" made that very post you're quoting. I know how it's supposed to work because I read shit, that's all.
I think you can actually find most of it on Wikipedia.
>>
>>79671255
>IT HAS TO MAKE FUCKING SENSE
No it doesn't.
There is no legal, moral, religious, or even narrative obligation for it to do so at all, so all it needs to do is be a financially valuable intellectual property.
Which it is.
>>
>>79671258
Ching chong ching chong chink

You're not going to be around much longer. We're going to fucking put China down and lock you chink traitors in America up like we did with the Japs back in WWII.

We're going to impregnate all your women so your kind will be gone.
>>
File: glass.jpg (569KB, 3000x2415px) Image search: [Google]
glass.jpg
569KB, 3000x2415px
>>79671255
>I understand aliens, retard. I've seen them
>>
>>79671307
Hmm...well played bait. At least.
Overplayed your hand though.
Maybe when you get older you'll get better at it too.
>>
>>79671147
Manipulating gravity is not naturally possible meaning no alien species will ever evolve this ability, but it is possible if the species were created instead. My point for the Leltonians is that they are supposed to have naturally evolved on their crappy planet with lots of gravity.
>>
>>79671307
At least you tried.
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (126KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.jpg
126KB, 546x700px
>>79671307
>>
>>79671410
Sorry, I was just frustrated because no one was listening to my points about Superman and magic.

Please read and respond >>79671357
>>
>>79670117
>I DON'T HAVE FUCKING AUTISM.

very convincing
>>
>>79670842
>He's either magic or science.

magic and science are the same thing though, just different approaches
>>
>>79665714
Something something Kryptonian Sun God
>>
Geez, does nobody read comics in between physics classes? The answer is Krypton was rich in naturally occurring gallium arsenide and room temperature superconductors, and these found their way into the Kryptonian genome. This facilitated the formation of superdense nantenna arrays all over Superman's body, n-p junctions in his eyes allowing high resolution detection of electromagnetic radiation into the x-ray range as well as, yes, create coherent beams of light. The superconductors (super, get it?) provide 100% efficient distribution of absorbed energy and create vortices that trap the flux of the Earth's magnetosphere, allowing flight. I mean, obviously.
>>
>>79666232
He's Jesus because christfags have a fetish and also he's better than us
>>
>>79670202
Everything must have a scientific explanation.
Not everything HAS been explained by science.
Can't they just... not know how it work?
>>
>>79672108
>magic and science are the same thing though, just different approaches
Shut the fuck up, smartass.
>>
>>79673933
it's not being a smartass to state canon facts
>>
File: Thunderworld-9.jpg (86KB, 1000x370px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderworld-9.jpg
86KB, 1000x370px
>>79673933
Fuck off casual
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.