[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Elements that keep showing up in other media that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4

File: Red_Skull_full.jpg (16KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Skull_full.jpg
16KB, 500x333px
Whenever the Red Skull shows up in movies, cartoons or videogames, he's the leader and founder of Hydra.
However, in the comics the Red Skull had no real involvement in Hydra's creation, and has never been its leader. The closest he's ever been involved with Hydra was when he was secretely in charge of the Las Vegas branch way back in the 70s. He's been allied to Strucker, Viper and other Hydra affiliates, but he's never really been a part of the organization. In the comics, he's much more closely tied to AIM or leads his own groups.
>>
Agents of SHIELD retconned it so Hydra existed hundreds of years before Red Skull was born.
>>
>>79654830
In most media the Juggernaut shows up in, he's a mutant instead of a human powered by Cyttorak, and often he's not even related to Charles Xavier. He's just the big strong guy in the Brotherhood.
>>
>>79654830
The Red Skull is a Nazi. The movies and most modern comics are too pussy for that shit (swastikas aren't even legal in Germany outside of historical footage), so they made him Hydra.
>>
>>79655965

but Hydra are Nazis in the movie.
>>
>>79655290
I wonder if that's cause Cyttorak is connected with Doctor Strange.
>>
>>79656006
yeah, but it's a few throwaway lines about "the Nazi science division". If they were really Nazis, you'd think they'd have some swastikas somewhere. The movie actively tried to avoid directly referencing their nazi-ness
>>
>>79656012
No, its because its dumb
>>
>>79656012
I doubt it, the Gem has still been used in the 90s X-Men series and X-Men Evolution (where he was both a mutant and powered by the gem. Even if Cyttorak presented a legal problem they could just call it a magic gem and not mention Cyttorak at all.
I think not having Juggernaut be related to Xavier is a much more egregious change.
>>
>>79656012

It's probably because it's easier to just say he's a strong mutant. Audiences are too dumb to understand where his power comes from if it's not explained in a 2 hour origin story.
>>
>>79656051
Not really. They made it clear they were Nazis originally but Red Skull wanted to be the leader, not let Hitler get all his tech.

Isn't there a scene where 2 regular Nazis come to check his progress and he kills them?
>>
>>79655290
Isn't it a bit strange that Magneto is cool with some magical thug in his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? I can't imagine Erik being cool with
>Hurrr Charles is a total queer, I'm going to steal his lunch money
I just don't get why he's kept around. Really good powerset yes, but seems totally at odds with Magneto's credo.
>>
>>79656247
Didn't he also Approach Electro?
>>
Adaptations often portray Pyro as mentally unstable and Toad as cool (to a degree).
>>
>>79656247
Hey, if he does what Eric tells him to do I doubt he cares about how he got his powers.
>>
>>79654830
Hawkeye being a veteran SHIELD agent instead of a circus orphan that started out as kind of a bad guy
>>
>>79656358
That's from Ultimate and bled it's way to 616, EMH, MCU and Disney XD
>>
>>79654830
Venom/the symbiote costume making you evil was invented by cartoons.
>>
>>79656051
>The movie actively tried to avoid directly referencing their nazi-ness

but then in agents of SHIELD the first thing whats-her face says to Ward when he turns out to be evil is OMG YOUR A NAZI

doesn't seem like they're shying away to me.
>>
>>79656165
>Audiences are too dumb to understand where his power comes from if it's not explained in a 2 hour origin story.

I dunno about that man, audiences were ok with Rocket Raccoon even though his origin was a couple throwaway lines and Groot even though his origin was basically "he's a plant"
>>
>>79656455
And then he says that theyre not nazis, and are different than the old Hydra
>>
>>79656445
The symbiote just showing up on earth instead of being brought there by Peter too.
>>
>>79656514

no, he says that he personally doesn't care about Hydra ideology and is only using them
>>
>>79656514
And he is a lying Nazi, so you shouldn't take his word when he says he isn't a bad guy.
>>
>>79656519
In the old show, did the symbiote come before or after the secret wars episode?
>>
>>79656498
There's a difference between being ok with something and understanding it.
>>
>>79656165
Randomly including magic in a scifi-based sitting just doesn't really work outside of comics.
>>
>>79656445
The cartoon also introduced the idea of Eddie Brock working at the Daily Bugle instead of at the Daily Globe.
>>
X-Men Evolution, X-Men Movies, Wolverine and the X-Men, all have Mystique working for or with Magneto. Ultimate X-Men, too.

In 616 they have no history and have only just recently interacted at any length.

The same goes for Magneto and Sabretooth.
>>
>>79656498
>even though his origin was basically "I am Groot"
FIFY
>>
>>79656573

really now
>>
>>79656554
Way before. The symbiote showed up in episode six or eight after hitching a ride on JJJ's astronaut son's space shuttle.
>>
>>79656668
>star wars
>magic

Do I have to say it?
>>
>>79656573
Works in 40k.
>>
>>79656619
Was just about to mention this.
Mystique just isn't the type of person to take orders, she wouldn't accept being second-in-command to Magneto, and Magneto would never trust someone like her. Also, Magneto has some moral standards, animals like Sabretooth disgust him.
>>
>>79656668
>random
>>
>>79656619
Happens in the Lego Marvel game too.
>>
File: guard trans.png (139KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
guard trans.png
139KB, 600x527px
>>79656732
you're damn right
>>
>>79656554
Before. Brought to Earth by John Jameson inside the Promethium X mineral.
>>
>>79656792
I do wonder if the MCU will follow it this way or let peter find the suit in infinite war
>>
Peter Parker being a completely meek, geeky loser comes from the Raimi's movies. In the comics he was dismissive and standoffish.

Andrew Garfield was actually closer to what Parker originally was, personality-wise.
>>
Shipping Batman with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>79656415
>XD
Fuck off
>>
>>79656963
that's the name of the network you mongaloid
>>
>>79656963
>Pretending to be angry at an anon using the actual name of a channel

Still unfunny
>>
File: Cheshire YJ.png (65KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
Cheshire YJ.png
65KB, 300x393px
Only in two shows but Cheshire wearing an actual Cheshire Cat mask.
>>
>>79656165
It's not like you can't explain it but when every other character is a mutant it just makes sense.
>>
>>79656247
>implying "hurrr Charles is a total queer" isn't why Erik does half of the things he does
>>
>>79656963
are you fucking retarded? The name of the Channel is Disney XD
>>
>>79657260
>on the comic and cartoons board
>sees that
>doesnt think it's bait
you're better than this anon
>>
>>79656131
shut your whorrrrrre mouth
>>
>>79656668
>sci-fi

So this... is the stupidity of a SW fan... woah...
>>
>>79656734
>>79656767

Also happens in the X-Men Legends games.

Basically what happened was Magneto had the Brotherhood in the 60s, and later in the 80s, Mystique started her own different version after the old was done with. So they're both the iconic "Brotherhood Leaders".

Magneto had the Acolytes in the 90s and they did push them in games and the cartoon but once the movie hit, all the stuff that came out (Movies, Evolution, Ultimate X-Men, X-Men Legends games) just rolled with smushing Magneto and Mystiques Brotherhoods together.
>>
>>79654830
In most adaptations, Ultron is a huge project of Stark/Pym to help save the world.
In the comics Ultron was just some side-project Pym did based on his research of Dragon Man that went very very wrong. Also in the comics Ultron named himself.
>>
>>79657465

it's about as sci-fi as a cape comic
>>
>>79656171
Three of them, and yes.

They see his map of targets, one of which includes Berlin
>>
Did batmans cape turn hard into a glider before batman begins?
>>
>>79659017
No, but he could always glide, that was just their way to make it work in a gritty film

Same way he usually appears to only wear cloth yet can take the abuse he does, so they make it armor
>>
Captain America being a founding Avenger is gaining popularity in all media these days, but in the comics he only appeared in Avengers #4 and was initially hesitant to even join the team.

Black Widow didn't become a regular Avenger until the 80s.
>>
>>79656907
I thought he WAS a meek, geeky loser before gaining some confidence, getting fit, dating a bunch of hot chicks, then eventually settling with his dream girl who was a hot model before OMD?

>>79659326
In that vein, Batman and Superman were barely even in the original JL stories. While they WERE technically founding members, they were barely featured in the actual JL comics and weren't even on the covers most of the time. Also usually the team is called the 'Justice League of America,' or the 'JLA'. Most adaptations omit the, 'of America' part.

Another one I can think of is the Fortress of Solitude and the depiction of Krypton in general I guess. Up until Geoff Johns' run on Action Comics, the crystals didn't even show up in the comics. The Silver-Age Fortress and even in post-Crisis, it was more like a freaking awesome lab or hangout where Superman kept all sorts of shit or experimented with a lot of cool stuff. There were all sorts of different rooms, places to sleep in, whatever. In the Donner movies, it's just some weird crystalline building that doesn't even serve any living purposes. Due to nostalgia, the Donner version has been replacing the traditional depiction of the Fortress of Solitude, which is something that's been bothering me for awhile now.
>>
>>79660111
Also Kryptonian technology wasn't even crystal-based in the comics. That was something the Donner movie just came up with. Usually it's just typical hyper advanced space technology or something.
>>
>>79656247

Magneto doesn't actually hate and want to kill all humans, he just wants to established his superiority over them an let evolution take its course, which in his mind results in the extinction of humans. If a human is loyal to magneto, that's like a dog to him. If they're just part of the ignorant masses, they're just ants and he has no issue killing them. And anyone anti-mutant obviously he see's as a threat.
>>
>>79661448
>see's
What do you think it's short for?
>>
>>79656907
>>79660111
>I thought he WAS a meek, geeky loser before gaining some confidence, getting fit, dating a bunch of hot chicks, then eventually settling with his dream girl who was a hot model before OMD?
No, early Peter was more like a /r9k/ user. A bitter, confrontational nerd.
>>
>>79654830
They keep having Dr. Doom be involved in the expedition that gives the FF their powers, in the movies he's even part of the mission and gains superpowers instead of donning an armor.
>>
>>79656619
The Xavier Academy as an actual school was from Fox films and added by Moz
>>
>>79657084
basedvWyatt did that
>>
>>79659017
The Grappling Gun was from 1991 film

>>79660111
The Fortress is still a superfort, he just puts his sci-fi stuff in the Crytalhouse
>>
>>79662520
No, it's right there in the name: "Xavier ACADEMY." Used to be the Xavier School for Gifted Youndgters. It stopped being an actual school for a while after Giant-Size and the "All New, All Different" team debuted in the 70s, but it went back to it when the New Mutants started. It was just a private school with a really tiny student body and sorta bounced back and forth between being actively a school and being just the X-Mansion headquarters depending on the writer until Morrison.
>>
vandal savage being just some bro with a buncha knives who can do magic tricks

idk i felt like arrow handled him really poorly
also their version of vertigo is dumb as shit
"im a drug lord blublublu"
>>
>>79656247
Juggernaut was never a member of Magneto's Brotherhood. He just occasionally ends up fighting alongside them. Likewise with Mystique's Brotherhood.
>>
>>79654889
Doesn't count or exist
>>
>>79664497
Go to sleep Joss
>>
>>79664514
Do you WANT that garbage to be canon?
>>
>>79664542
Get over it
>>
>>79662623
>The Fortress is still a superfort, he just puts his sci-fi stuff in the Crytalhouse
Are you talking about the comic book version or the movies?

The comic book version is basically Superman's Batcave. There's all sorts of cool stuff there.

Although now that I think about it, the live-action movie versions of Batman do the same shit with the Batcave.
>>
>>79654830
It has nothing to do with irreverence towards the source material. It's because comic books tend to overcomplicate things and TV shows and movies thrive on brevity.

Does Red Skull lose any valuable character traits if he's "merely" the leader of Hydra? No, not really.
>>
>>79656358
Clint was always shitty at the spy thing and he hated when Widow pulled spy shit, not to mention he wasn't SHIELD's biggest fan.

He is also a showboat and in Secret Avengers Steve kind of tells him he sucks at the spy business.

So yeah it's weird for Clint to suddenly start working for SHIELD like that without some character development or reason, hell even Fraction's Clint would be a shit spy.
>>
>>79663664
You mean besides the whole "immortality" thing that's been with him in every version I've seen?
>>
>>79656732
it involves a lot of reality fucking which isn't kid friendly
>>
>>79657260
No shit, I get out you retard. I know there's a channel called Disney. I'm just calling out your 12 year old sperg faces.
>>
>>79668975
"Disney XD", not "Disney, XD"
Man you're a good troll, why am I falling for this
Probably because I'm drunk
How about those Broncos?
>>
>>79656279
Which I believe culminated in Magneto deciding Max was an idiot who wasted his limitless power
>>
>>79664788
Right, Clint is the guy who ostentatiously led the Thunderbolts when no one wanted to give them a second chance. Sneaky he is not in any way.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.