[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did WB give him the keys to everything? He's literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: How Can I Ruin More Things.jpg (903KB, 1000x1380px) Image search: [Google]
How Can I Ruin More Things.jpg
903KB, 1000x1380px
Why did WB give him the keys to everything? He's literally never made a good movie. Watchmen didn't do great, Sucker Punch literally flopped. Is this really off of 300's success?

Judging off last nights Suicide Squad trailer alone, it's clear that's the only good upcoming DC movie.
>>
>>>/tv/

Leave
>>
>>79161551
It's kinda impressive how autistic you are, anon. Always in anything thats not literally a comic thread. It's a borderline meme at this point.
>>
>>79161520
Blackmail
>>
I'd legitimately like to know how they decide who gets to direct the franchise blockbusters.
>>
Man of Steel was good though, looking forward to BvS.
>>
>>79161520
Posting this again I see
>>
>>79161691
Me too
>>
>>79161647
METHOD A.

>Director does low-budget movies that are commercial or critically succesful.
>"He's cheap, but is being hailed as an up-and-coming. Nab him!"

METHOD B

>Director does low-budget movies that are comercially or critically succesful.
>Goes on to make big-budget movies that are comercially or critically succesful
>"He's expensive, but a renowed established name. Nab him!"
>>
>>79161520
He did sexual favors for all the WB executives and hired strippers to perform in front of the stockholders.
>>
>>79161912
Pretty much what happened with Michael Bay and Transformers.
>>
File: Laughing Jews.gif (1MB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Jews.gif
1MB, 250x198px
>>79161691
>Man of Steel was good though
>>
>>79161520
>didn't do great
>flopped
>he thinks a good movie is defined on financial success
>>
>>79162206
Well Sucker Punch/MoS/Watchmen/Owls are garbage regardless
>>
>>79161520
On the contrary. Zack Snyder has never made a bad film. He's a very good director that makes very good films.
>>
300 is great
>>
File: Qrs7fVu.png (135KB, 1367x489px) Image search: [Google]
Qrs7fVu.png
135KB, 1367x489px
>>79161691
>>79161779
3rded.

>>79161520
>He's literally never made a good movie

DAWN OF THE DEAD
> Among the top 7 best Zombie movies ever made. (original night, original dawn, zombie 79, night 91, return of the LD are the only ones that might be superior to it)
3 0 0
> Simple mythological story but ended up being one of the most memorable war films in recent history.
WATCHMEN
> Less indepth then its source material but still a fully entertaining superhero film whose biggest flaw is Silk Spectre's actress.
SUCKER PUNCH
> Well intentioned failure, could have been a perfectly fine action fantasy film but it was just so dark and bleak it made the female cast struggles seem exploitative rather then the sexy fun some of the day dreams come off as.
MAN OF STEEL
> Pic related...
>>
>>79161520
BvS doesnt looks great so far.it looks fun and thats enough for me coming from Zack
>>
>>79162941
he's made movies that looked good not good movies. Zack's movies are like super-models, fun to look at but after 5mins you realize how vapid and dumb they are
>>
>>79163641
You're not going to make a point by going "uh uh uhhhh they're dumb okay?"
>>
>>79162941
>but it was just so dark and bleak it made the female cast struggles seem exploitative rather then the sexy fun some of the day dreams come off as.
It was SUPPOSED to be exploitative.
>>
>>79161520
Who cares? He's hot.
>>
Y'kow I'm curious about this too.

>Watchmen had a pretty positive yet polarizing response.
>300 was positive for the most part. Probably his most well received DC film.
>MoS was polarizing.

I mean WB has plenty of talented directors and I'm not knocking Zach at all, but why is getting most of the DC films?
>>
>>79161520
>>
>>79161520
I mean, I like Snyder now that I know that he's actually a huge comic book fan, but it's just weird to me since he's really not that good of a director. He's a brilliant visual director though.

I think I'd like his movies more if he just directed the action sequences, cinematography, and the visuals in general, but got someone better to write and direct like, everything else.
>>
>>79161691
No.
I'm glad warner hired good directors like Ayer, Affleck and Wan.
>>
File: The Talent co Endlessly Defends.png (2MB, 1610x2226px) Image search: [Google]
The Talent co Endlessly Defends.png
2MB, 1610x2226px
>>79162206
No, bad reviews too
>>
>>79163841
Most of /co/ has explained in detail for the last two years why it was bad
>>
Because he's well known in the industry for bringing projects in on time, on budget, and not arguing with producers. That counts for a lot.
>>
>>79161520
I liked 300. Fight me.
>>
>>79165324
>i liked his one movie that everyone likes, i'm so special
>>
>>79164656
>Most of /co/
It was just one autist.
>>
>>79162941
>Among the top 7 best Zombie movies ever made.
Arnold made a better zombie movie last year.
>war film
You mean LGBT film
> Silk Spectre's actress.
You mean Ozymandias's actress
>Well intentioned
It tried to sell a 15 year old's rape slave fanfiction as female empowerment. It was about as well intentioned as amy schumer
>>
>>79161601
Does he do this in the vidya threads too?
>>
>>79165627
>MoSfags are in THIS much denial
holy shit, get over it already
>>
>>79165650
>You mean LGBT film
Triggered?

>>79165916
Come on, we even made an MoS bingo card for you : )
>>
>>79164107
I don't get it.

Man of Steel was borderline grayscale.
>>
>>79165998
Yes, but high contrast makes it good!
>>
File: MoS bingo card.jpg (567KB, 1342x1528px) Image search: [Google]
MoS bingo card.jpg
567KB, 1342x1528px
>>79165954
>>
David Ayer and Ben Affleck will have to save the DC universe.

Thankfully it looks like Snyder might go away after Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>79166113
>Thankfully it looks like Snyder might go away after Dawn of Justice.

He's directing both Justice League movies and executive producing everything else.
>>
>>79162941
And Watchmen is still one of the best live-action comic book adaptation movies we have. Most of the movie is ripped right from the pages, with only minor alterations aside from the ending, and some cut sub-plots.
>>
>>79161520
He's not in charge, he's part of a committee. To be honest I imagine his input to the overarching universe is almost solely visual because say what you want about him but damn Snyder knows how to make a good looking film.
>>
>>79166094
this bingo card doesn't even make sense, if it's supposed to call out MoS haters, it has just as much snyder dick sucking as anything else
>>
>>79166960
it's not supposed to take sides
it's just things that routinely get said in mos threads
>>
>>79165650
> Arnold made a better zombie movie last year.
Fair Enough,I haven't seen Maggie yet, looking forward to it tho.
> You mean Ozymandias's actress
No he was perfectly fine, not ideal but gave off the exact self righteous restrained never self agrandizing vibe I got from him in the comics.
> It tried to sell a 15 year old's rape slave fanfiction as female empowerment.
No it tried to be a fun kick ass female characters striving thru horror and dispair story but the horror and dispair was too heavy and their is not enough joy and reward for the cast struggles.
>>
>>79166960
>being such a butthurt MoS hater, you're too stupid to decipher the hidden meanings of a fucking bingo card
>>
Zack Snyder and Michael bay are the only two true action movie auteurs working today. Better than a hack like JJ ABRAMS.
>>
>>79164656
And most of /co/ has explained why it was good, not great, or even bad, but good.
>>
>>79164594

All audience scores except Sucker Punch (which sucked) are in the 60 - 80% range.

Tell me, do you actually read the reviews, or do you just take the tomatometer as gospel?
>>
>>79166316

Snyder kills it with the visuals, which is what I wanna see in a movie about super powered beings.

Just get someone who is not named Goyer to write. This is coming from someone who like MoS.
>>
>>79168309
>i enjoy shit so reviews don't matter, pleb and proud!
>>
>>79167223
>gave off the exact self righteous restrained never self agrandizing vibe I got from him in the comics.
Snyder turned him into a cackling pedophile. He was self aggrandizing as shit.
>>
>>79168309
60 - 80% range is bad for audience scores.
>>
Maybe he knows where his bosses buried the bodies, like Liefeld and Bob Harras with DC.
>>
>>79164594
So? Just because a movie got bad reviews doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>79172618
Sure as fuck doesn't mean it was good
>>
>>79173071
No, it doesn't mean that either. It's irrelevant.
>>
>>79167375
This isn't even very good bait my man.
>>
>>79166886
Its his wife and him that are up top. The circle is nowhere near as big as the other umbrella series.
>>
>>79168407
What is it that people see in Snyder's direction and visuals? Aside from 300 where his style actually worked, his films look fucking tacky.
>>
>>79174553
Watchman looked sufficiently like the book to please some people and it had some interesting things that mimed the reading comic books/graphic novels/sequential art experience, so it had that going for it. He also does a good job working with people for cinematography, art direction and costumes as that movie showed (though personally I thought Krypton was a bit too over the top in MOS - if it was shown as brighter and more colorful, at least the non-Zod elements of it, that might have actually helped, otherwise it's just ANOTHER dystopian set piece, frankly). Sucker Punch was sufficient reason for WB to at minimum do some more oversight/looking over the shoulder.

I agree with the folks that talk about him being good with action and visuals. He shouldn't have input into scripts and casting, I think different casting choices would have helped Sucker Punch and MoS, for example, and he is saddling other directors with his choices (in that respect, he has been handed the keys to the kingdom). I don't have the complaints folks have about Erza as the Flash but he's just way too young compared to everyone else who has been cast. PARTICULARLY since he's going to be Barry.

MoS didn't make as much as it should have made, that's a fair call. It's more in line with say Thor but would not have been able to compete with Civil War. And obviously, WB thought BvS couldn't compete with CW (and I say this as a DC comics fan, I have no idea who 77% of the people in the MCU are without Wikipedia). I do work in LA, indirectly in entertainment, and I pay attention to financial news around here, since that plays into my job. I think (and most people around here as well) think MoS will make Iron Man money but no one is NOT thinking Civil War won't make more. There are actually people who are serious folks in Hollywood who think the X-Men movie will end up ahead of BvS, after CW.... not many, but a decent sized to not consider them just 1-2 random crackers.
>>
>>79174177
Who's baiting. Michael Bay and Zack Snyder are the only big budget action directors who have a distinct visual style.
>>
>>79162141
just because your autistic ass cant have anything other than 100% doesnt mean nobody else can like it.
>>
>>79162941
>Thundering large scale battles with weight and consequences
Is this a joke
This should just be in cons cause those fights were boring, I would have been much happier if everything was resolved without a big retarded Michael Bay fight.
>>
>>79173126
>Low BO take doesn't mean it's bad
>Low critical score doesn't mean it's bad
>Relatively low audience score doesn't mean it's bad

Then what the fuck means it's bad?
>>
>>79177864
That is your personal prerogative, far and away the biggest general complaint about Superman Returns conceptually is lacking a villain to phiscally fight so a large portion of MOS'S audience going into it were begging god for a film that finally allowed a Superman fight on this level, it more then delivered.
And it's not ccomparable to Bay at all, at no point I'm MOS'S battles is it half as incoherent as any of the Transformers films.

>>79178011
When it's incompetent on every level like the new Fantastic 4, Mos is rarely ever incompetent, it's just not what a larger portion of the audience with preconceived biases going into it were expecting or wanting and they confuse that will flaws in the film making or story telling. Or worse they lie that it is so that they may spite the piece of shit that DARES to be made for a slightly different audience then them.

John Carpenter's The Thing was panned on release in the theaters and it's universally considered one of the top 3 best horror movies ever made now alongside the Exorcist and probably Alien.
>>
>>79161520
He knows how to make good looking fight scenes, arrange enticing music scores, and use good/interesting designs. All 3 of these are what you need to sell a movie by the trailer which the general public will gobble up.

But story, character development, and plot, these are 3 things he doesn't know shit about, hence the results of the 3 movies you listed, 2 were created by others, and did moderately well, while sucker punch was his sole brainchild, it was pretty to look at, had fun fight sequences too and an awesome soundtrack, but holy fuck was it a cluster fuck of idea's.

Rule of 3's people, and he goes by the wrong ones.
>>
>>79177781
man of steel was a mediocre battlefield earth ripoff, which was mediocre to begin with. 4/10 cannot recommend.
>>
File: 1358726837855.jpg (35KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1358726837855.jpg
35KB, 667x670px
>>79161520

Movies like justice league and the avengers are not meant to be well written with a lot of deep character development, you have little time for that considering the amount of characters who each must have atleast one or two crucial scenes. those movies are only fanservice of the highest level. Watching all your favorite heroes fighting the evil together.

This has to look like an big event because you know, you have people like superman, wonderwoman and the flash. Snyder does manage to make it look like that, like the whole world is in danger, like the heroes are dealing with an enemy, where they all have to combine their powers to defeat him.

Imagine Snyders Brainiac or even darkside and tell me Snyder wouldn't give them whole armies the liga would have to defeat first. Imagine Brainiacs hugeass spaceship or even apokalypse, Snyder would go all out with the visuals, because, lets be honest, that is the only thing he can do but he has shown, he is one of the bests at it, when it comes to capeshit.

Now give him a decent writer and you have an movie with amazing visuals and decent writing which is more than what we got with the avengers so far.
>>
>>79177610
Only great at visual department, the rest is lacking
>>
>>79162141
WHAT A FREAK AHAHAHA
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.