[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree that removing smoking, alcohol and guns from modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 27

File: bugs bunny rides again.png (434KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny rides again.png
434KB, 635x478px
Do you agree that removing smoking, alcohol and guns from modern cartoons is a good thing? Has a cartoon ever made you want to smoke, drink or shoot someone at any point?
>>
Yes, I also used to drop anvils on people.
>>
>>79154300
not until after I started drinking and smoking. I've never owned a gun and never get the urge to shoot anything. so I guess the lesson is cartoons make you feel like doing what you were looking for an excuse to do anyway
>>
>>79154337
This, I use to throw trash into instant holes. Apparently the space they take you through can only hold so much.
>>
>>79154300
Don't know, no.
As a child, it didn't even register as something special. It was just something that was...there, like everything else.
>>
>>79154337
And video games make you headbutt bricks for money.
>>
Because liberals like to complain and wants everything to be censored so the whole world can be obnoxiously sheltered middle class Americans while using the guise of "protecting the children".
>>
>>79154300
well, I sometimes wanted to shoot certain characters I didn't like,
>please, someone kill Brian off for real!
but otherwise no
>>
>>79154300
No, but it made me think smoking looked cool.
Still think it does, but that shit'll kill ya.
>>
Ironically yes and specifically this episode
>>
>>79154300

SU makes me want to shoot myself :^)
>>
File: 4806983_l1.jpg (31KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
4806983_l1.jpg
31KB, 640x464px
>>79154300

It never made me want to smoke or use a gun but I always wanted to try those combustible drink concoctions.
>>
As a child, I drew joints and bloodshot veiny eyes on cartoon characters (school supplies featured plenty of them). I had no idea what a joint was besides a funny looking cigarette. I didn't do it because of cartoons, I saw other people doing it and it seemed funny.

Other people and friends are always bigger influences than cartoons. Except for retard kids that watched Pokémon and thought they could fly. Fucking furfags.
>>
>>79154524
What do liberals have to do with this? If anything, it was conservatives pulling the "someone think of the children" shit
>>
>>79154562
I think it looks cool but I hate the smell. I also think alcoholic drinks bottles look cool but I don't like the taste either.
>>
>>79154580
problematic
>>
File: tumblr_nuqj86KL7t1qks57ho1_1280.jpg (256KB, 1250x938px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqj86KL7t1qks57ho1_1280.jpg
256KB, 1250x938px
>>79154500

Nope! Video Games are just sexist and misogynist and make you want to rape people and spread hate. Also support my indie trash on Patreon and Kickstarter because if you don't you are part of the problem. :^)
>>
File: minions.png (249KB, 590x678px) Image search: [Google]
minions.png
249KB, 590x678px
Yes, yes and yes but most of them feature none of these in the actual cartoon.
>>
>>79154671

Conservatives and soccer moms have not had any power over censorship since the 90's since they are seen as non "progressive" and religious nutjobs.
>>
>>79154300
To be fair, alcohol usually looks delicious in animated form.
>>
File: giphy.gif (892KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
892KB, 500x269px
>>79154763

Everything looks delicious in animated form.
>>
The only time anything ever made me want to smoke is those awful anti-smoking commercials they play these days with the grating music.
>>
>>79154300
>33 years old
>Grew up watching these cartoons
>Don't smoke
>Don't drink

I do own a gun, but it's just for home defense.
>>
I don't think a cartoon ever made me want to drink or smoke as a kid, but some TV shows and movies did. It just looked cool to me. Part of that might have just been that smoking and drinking was something that only adults could do, so obviously it had to be cool. I loved playing with nerf guns and playing laser tag and that shit, but I never wanted to shoot another person because I wasn't a fucking psychopath.

The worst influence I got from cartoons was probably that I wanted to grow my hair to look like a character on Gundam Wing. Luckily I got over that before my hair could actually get long enough.
>>
>>79154630
Dude, yes!

I've always wanted to try one of those "dissolve the mixing spoon" garglebalsters.
>>
>>79154676
that's why we invented cocktails
>>
>>79154845

The anti-smoking commercials are actually paid for by cigarette companies so they can get people to smoke by making them get angry and annoyed at cringe worthy commercials and ads.
>>
>>79154917
I'd believe it.
>>
>>79154687
Is that actually Pendelton Ward hanging out with Zoey Quinn and Anita?
>>
I remember several times when they had characters smoke and they got sick from it back in old cartoons
>>
>>79154736
Not him, but "protecting the children" and censorship of art has never been part of any kind of progressive or liberal agenda.
>>
File: sDmH4.jpg (71KB, 720x431px) Image search: [Google]
sDmH4.jpg
71KB, 720x431px
>>79154953

Yes.
>>
>>79154687

>>/kia/
>>
>>79154990
Or replace a cigar with a stick of dynamite.
>>
>>79155010

It's been part of their agenda since 2010.
>>
>>79154876
for a party trick, you can make those with vodka, soda water, something for color, and a spoon made from sugar that's been food-dyed grey and glossed with butter or a thin layer of flour-paste
>>
>>79155010
have you recently come out of a coma?
>>
>>79154524
>>79154736
>>79155010
>>79154671
It's not a partisan thing. Both sides are for censoring what they don't like.
>>
>>79154300
Both of my parents smoke and drink so seeing it in cartoons never seemed weird to me; it was just a normal thing grown-ups did.
I think it isn't so much because 'cool' characters do things in cartoons that make children want to emulate them, it's the fact that they aren't allowed to do them that piques their curiosity. Children always want to grow up right away and experience everything all at once.
>>
>>79155519

Yes, but liberals are numerous and more loud about it. The western video game industry is suffering harshly because of this.
>>
What do you mean modern cartoons? Like none of those seem like a fit for Adventure Time or Steven Universe but it would be weird if Homer or Family Guy stopped drinking
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 495x720px
>>79154300
Dr. Fudd I'm cia
>>
>>79154580
I wish you would
>>
>>79155010
Are you ducking kidding?
>>
>>79154300
Well Ive felt drawn to do it.
cigars always were made to look like they taste good. Luckily my family were strict about the stuff so I was saved.
>>
>>79154300
Didn't 4 kids already do that and it backfired.
>>
Thanks to my ancient father, I watched all sorts of old stuff that still featured things like that. Looney Tunes, the Three Stooges, Tom and Jerry, etcetera. All of them had smoking, drinking, guns, and violence.

Although I do love guns, and I'm definitely more familiar with violence than most would consider healthy, I'm a non-smoking teetotaler, and I've never hurt anybody who didn't try to hurt me first.

So, no, I guess media doesn't make you want to do any of those things if you have a good set of parents, which I did.

However, that doesn't mean that we should start showing things like that again. Not because they're bad. I just can't see the point.
>>
Actually, yes, I started to smoke because I wanted to be like Lucky Luke.
>>
>>79154300
Depends of the context.
Overall I try to respect the artist choice as I chose to view their work and can stop if I don't agree.
It gets more complicated with impressionable children, but I find kids are generally smarter then we given them credit for and parents have to do their part.

But I personally have a harsh view on smoking. Often I think there are better substitutes to get the message across. Like in this case the cowboy hat with boots and a slow "western" walk would give Bugs just as much of a western feel to me, so the gun and cigarette don't add to it unless they play a part later. Say if the plot has a shoot out at high noon, then walking around with a gun then has a purpose. Although other duels types could be just as dramatic or funny if done right.
Western fiddle duel?
Google gave me this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc
which I found very entertaining.

A big part is the power these symbols have as short cuts and how the public demands such things as they don't want to wait around during development, which can be very confusing depending on background.

Never studied phase equilibrium?
Then you aren't likely to soften to my eutectic jokes.
Ha, ha ... Why am I the only one laughing?

Don't want to spend the time showing the character doing good civic deeds to build them, just make them an old style cop with a badge. Boom, less work for the artist and fewer views tune out before the punchline. For both good and bad such symbols are used all the time.
>>
>>79155054

>been the conservative agenda for decades
>been the liberal agenda for half a decade
>those damn liberals!!!
>>
>>79154300
Censorship is bad, period.
>>
>>79154500
Mario always used his fists.
>>
>>79156195
>so the gun and cigarette don't add to it unless they play a part later
>everything must be a Chekov's Gun
>>
>>79154300
Ultimately, we have free will to decide whether or not to do something. I started smoking cigars because my dad does it. Did his use influence my decision? Yes, but I'm the one who chose to do it. Smoking and drinking is bad for you, but it states this clearly on their packaging, allowing consumers to make informed decisions about whether or not to purchase them. To blame a cartoon for someone making that choice, rather than focusing on the individual, is the wrong way to approach it. It's like blaming video games for a school shooting instead of the shooter himself.
>>
>>79155639
this. nothing my parents did was cool
I should thank them some time for fucking up their own health so I wouldn't do the same with mine
>>
>>79154300
No, and I think that MPAA's "Smoking = PG" it's stupid as fuck.

In my country, for example, Paper Towns was rated G by the goverment.
>>
>>79156233
Remember that if you don't vote conservative and go to church at least twice a week you have bad fashion sense, ugly facial hair and enjoy being cheated on by women
>>
>>79154300
Cartoons are a reflection of what is acceptable and or common for the time.

Cartoons smoking and drinking wouldn't be a good reflection of our time.

Guns would be, but guns are seen as far more dangerous and lethal now, whereas in the past, we didn't have anywhere near the number of homicides or concern for gun control.

So, showing guns, cigarettes, and alcohol in a cartoon would be horribly out of date.
>>
File: latest[1].png (416KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
416KB, 848x480px
>>79156602
>>
>>79156602
>So, showing guns, cigarettes, and alcohol in a cartoon would be horribly out of date.

Even if the cartoon starred a chain smoking criminal with a drinking problem?
>>
>>79156602
are you implying people don't smoke and drink anymore? get the fuck out more
>>
>>79156283
No, mood is a part which does not include an action.
Like candle light vs florescent lightning. The lighting need not change, no action taken. But a part is played none the less.

I used such an example as it is more direct, but art is full of powerful subtleties.
>>
File: 1452311902259.jpg (37KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
1452311902259.jpg
37KB, 709x538px
>>79154580
>>
>>79154300
>you're a shitty parent
>your kids turn out shitty
>implying I'll take responsibility
>it's those dang hippies/TV/media/gays
All censorship in the media is the product of shitty parents refusing to take time to raise their kids and later refusing to take responsibility for their shitty upbringing.

Censors are the scum of the earth with no redeeming features. Not only do they not produce anything, but they make a living by butchering other people's hard work or by telling people what they can or cannot be offended by.
>>
File: 1452751539623.gif (463KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1452751539623.gif
463KB, 500x363px
>>79154630
You look like you need this.
>>
File: 1445939948938.jpg (27KB, 234x271px) Image search: [Google]
1445939948938.jpg
27KB, 234x271px
>>79155716
Top lel why don't you fuck off back to 8gag
>>
>>79156602
Per capita murder dropped but that probably has more to do with economic and medical factors. Guns, alcohol and/or tobacco are a part of everyday life for many and frankly their removal or inclusion stirrs more feelings in adults than kids.
>>
>>79154687
That guy is like,"If I pretend to agree with your shit enough maybe you will have sex with me!"
>>
>>79154300
yes, how is that even a question. Kids tend to imitate things they see on screen. I remember me and my brother shooting each other after watching yosemite sam. We used to pretend to smoke in the snow. As for drinking, even with the characters drinking bottles of "xxx" i didn't know what that was so maybe not drinking. But I'm glad it got removed.
But, I don't agree with censorship so i would let the cartoon be. If my kids wanted to watch teevee i could just block the channels myself.
>>
File: gun-ad.jpg (70KB, 480x715px) Image search: [Google]
gun-ad.jpg
70KB, 480x715px
>>79156602
Reminds me of all the old ads I saw at the NRA museum. Very interesting despite that I will never own a gun.
>>
>>79156602
>whereas in the past, we didn't have anywhere near the number of homicides or concern for gun control.
Yes we did, only it wasn't broadcast-able to millions of people in minutes via global communication
As we've interconnected over recent years, the desire to be informed about our surroundings has gone haywire, it has made us more paranoid as a people, influencing media and popular culture greatly
WE INTERRUPT YOUR LIVES TO BRING THIS MURDER STORY THAT PROBABLY WON'T INFLUENCE YOUR LIFE IN THE SLIGHTEST
Controversiality and violence is broadcasted like we're inclined to give a damn
>>
>>79156946
>dat trigger discipline
>>
>>79154300
I was exposed to those concepts from an early age, cartoons without them just look weird to me.
>>
>>79154687
memes XD
>>
>>79157083
Starting him right.
>>
>>79156170
I used to chew a piece of straw because of him.

I saw plenty of smoking characters in cartoons though but it never interested me.
>>
>>79154845
BIG TOBACCO BE LIKE

But no, seriously. Cartoons never made me wanna drink or smoke- that very special episode of Tiny Toons made me fearful for their safety desu. Live action movies on the other hand was a totally different story- I think seeing Friday as a little kid cemented some shit for me. 90's had some good "getting fucked UP" scenes. Guns and cigarettes look a thousand times more alluring in live action. One thing animation does really, really well is psychedelic shit. Especially Disney.
>>
>smoke
My father was a smoker and he was a wheezy douchebag so that kinda staved off any smoking habit. Right now I've developed one in the past month because I lost the love of the past 5 years of my life and went on a binge since I can't smoke weed and they... kind of help. But I plan to quit and start going to the gym and things that are actually healthy and productive.
>drinking
My grandpa on my dad's side was an alcoholic, and my older brother is starting to turn into one, on top of I never really hung around the crowd to pressure me into drinking, and I never really saw much appeal in it anyway, so I think this is a long-winded way of saying "no".
>Guns
I've always loved history and learning about it and guns and warfare are a part of that, which is why I've gone full /k/ and aspire to collect. Cartoons didn't really have a factor in that since I've always been an avid reader. But I've never really wanted to shoot anyone without good reason.
So no, no, and no. Filthy statists wanting to censor everything because of MUH FEELS.
>>
>>79154300
Uh no, not at all smoking and drinking is fucking disgusting. Only the week minded are influenced to do things just because they watched a cartoon.
>>
>>79157244
>that very special episode of Tiny Toons made me fearful

You mean the one where they die from a single bottle of beer?
>>
>>79157323
every week I partake in smoking just like other week minded individuals
>>
>>79157323
Man, you're so fucking exemplar. Why can't more people be like you, anon???
I don't smoke OR drink too but it doesn't disturb me either.
>>
>>79157532
I never said people who did smoke or drink are disgusting.
>>
>>79154300
>Do you agree that removing smoking, alcohol and guns from modern cartoons is a good thing?

Modern cartoons as in cartoons aimed at kids and shit? Eh, they'll never get to appreciate Looney Toons like I did, but I understand that there needs to be age-appropriate content.

>Has a cartoon ever made you want to smoke, drink or shoot someone at any point?

No, I smoke, drink, and shoot guns on my own accord or at least, cartoons that had that kind of content was not the major influence on me doing so. I smoked because it was helping me relieve stress and in some way, be a part of a social circle of guys shooting the shit. I drink because I enjoy the taste of certain alcoholic beverages and it lets me enjoy nightclubs all the more with friends. And I shoot because it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>79154687
Silent Hill 3
>>
>>79157083
That why we didn't have all these gun problems, people knew how to use them.
In older drive-by shootings only one person is killed, the target. None of this 3 or 4 dead bystanders junk.
Also people knew guns killed, so they didn't point them at people they didn't plan to murder.
Wonder if our real problem is our lack of competent murders in modern society.
>>
no kid in history has ever been harmed by seeing something in a cartoon
every kid in modern history has been harmed by what they view being too sanitized
if you think otherwise I want to drop an anvil on you
>>
>>79154300
The only people who really 'inspired' me to smoke (and I have never smoked despite this) were badass heroes in movies like Blondie from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
I don't have the lungs for it, and it's super expensive.
>>
>>79154524
You obviously didn't live through the eighties or nineties and experience Tipper Gore's reign of terror.
>>
File: 1445889792078.webm (3MB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445889792078.webm
3MB, 490x360px
SMOKE
>>
>>79158697
This clip has it all

sexualization
drug reference
animal cruelty
gun (with poor fire arm practices)
improper disposal of embers (fire hazard)
blatant violation of fluid dynamics

Recommend a minimum rating of NC-17
>>
>>79157817

remember when instead of mass shooters, people were terrified of serial killers, in the 60's and 70's? satanic cults in the 80's?

remember how those were actually real things and they still exist and operate in the US with almost no attention paid?
>>
>>79159134
don't forget headwear tipping
>>
File: SUof-3.jpg (81KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
SUof-3.jpg
81KB, 1920x1088px
Why do people keep saying this? Smoking and alcohol are banned, but real guns have been in cartoons for YEARS now. Even in shows you wouldn't expect.
>>
>>79154806
Seriously, fuck RL honey. Such a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>79159134
Also giant illegal spurs.
>>
>>79159312
>but real guns have been in cartoons for YEARS now
Like what? The Simpsons or something like that? The only "real" guns you're certain to see in kid's shows are old nondescript fudd guns and never anything remotely modern.
>>
File: rick.jpg (19KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
19KB, 248x248px
The media DOES make smoking and drinking (pic related) look cool, no doubt, but I think most people realize that it's shit for your life. It being in media isn't a problem, and shouldn't be taken away.

Beyond PSAs and such (BIG TOBACCO BE LIKE), everybody has that one asshole family member who was always coughing their ass off and smelt like smoke. People tend to be smart enough to separate fiction from reality, and if they can't, they're stupid. Why worry about them?
>>
>>79159414
How could I have missed that!
That rowel size is far to big and the points are far to sharp to meet legal standards.

>>79159265
That is not on the list, but I think you mean
indecent exposure
>>
>>79159551
Many, many cartoons. Young Justice, Brave and the Bold, Regular Show, The Looney Tunes show, Avengers EMH, probably others. The last one I can remember with 90's laser guns was Beware the Batman, and that was because of that DKR shooting somehow, not because of a general rule.
>>
>>79158697
When I was a kid, that was the coolest shit.
Just for the Rube Goldberg-ness of it all.
>>
>>79159551
The idea of a gun is usually what they go for in most cartoons. This is actually one of the most positive depictions of firearms in media I've seen in a while, oddly enough.
>>
>>79159551
https://youtu.be/NYSd2SNfK4k
>>
Not as such. I like to think that most people are smart enough to distinguish fantasy from reality. You don't see the average CoDbro running around throwing knives at people, after all.

That being said, in college I did date girl who almost took up smoking to look cooler. Mind you she was a nursing student, so the stress will probably drive her to it eventually.
>>
>>79159250

>looks up satanic cult hoax from 80's an 90's

yeah that was never a thing.
>>
>>79159968

>manson cult
>>
>>79154863
I'm 32 and I STILL think I'd look cool with a Vegeta-style haircut. I will never have the amount of hair for it though.
>>
>>79159564
There are more stupid people than smart.
>>
I think popular culture might encourage drinking and smoking because it can shape aesthetic sense. It's not that different from men wanting to dress like stars from Miami Vice or some other craze.

I was always puzzled at the fact that realistic depiction of firearms as dangerous tools of death is somehow considered more harmful then depicting blunt head traumas as harmless pranks. I mean, every slapstic cartoon had this kind of shit, but I know what I'm talking about since I still wildly swinging around if I ever try to stand at attention.
>>
>>79155773
4U
>>
No, not at at all.

With that said I'll admit when I smoke I like to think of myself as Solid Snake/Big Boss of Metal Gear. So I would say that there might be a point that you don't want Superheroes (the things kids actually emulate) smoking.
>>
File: Always Watching.png (181KB, 231x197px) Image search: [Google]
Always Watching.png
181KB, 231x197px
>>79159901
>who almost took up smoking to look cooler.

My brother and his friend started smoking when drinking, and then they tried to get me to do it as well, with the argument "then if someone(they meant a girl) asks you to smoke at a party you'll know how!". Saddest argument ever.

If it had been cocaine, ecstasy, pot or LSD I'd have gone through varying degrees of considering it.
>>
>>79160404
unless it was a cigar what's there to know about how to smoke?
>>
>>79160536
How to inhale without coughing, so you don't look like a wimp in front of the girl, duuude!
>>
>>79160536

I thought he was going for "you'll have an excuse for small talk" but then it got dumb
>>
No one will ever admit it, but shooting does seem fun in some shows.
>>
I tried hookah back in July and it was pretty fun, but I couldn't see it as something you'd do every day. For the next week or so my teeth my teeth felt weird so that didn't help.
>>
>>79154990

Pinocchio made smoking cigars look awful
>>
>>79160404
You really should do shrooms and acid with other people because doing it alone is not fun when you hit a rough patch
>>79160685
There's an entire fucking board here dedicated to how fun shooting is. It is very fun.
>>
>>79160650
I never understood that argument at a party. In a situation where there's no other easy ice-breaker I understand the simplicity of asking for a smoke or light etc, but not when you're at a party or out drinking. You don't need an excuse for small talk then, like you need when you want to chat a girl up at the bus stop or wherever. And if you do, there's already the obvious alcohol angle. And the music. And asking them how they know the guy throwing the party, or a hundred other such things. All of which don't require you to take up a habit that can be incredibly hard to break.
>>
>>79159371
Only had supermarket honey? Honey is the best condiment. I have 8 kinds on my kitchen counter.
>>
>Has a cartoon ever made you want to drink?
Yes, and it's called Steven Universe.
Oy vey.
>>
>>79154337
To be frank, if I ever murdered somebody I'd probably do something loopy with their body like painting a target on the floor, dragging their body over to it, smashing their brains out, and laying an anvil on the smashed skull.
Maybe it's just my sense of humor but I'd get a kick out of that.
>>
>>79161125
>Oy vey.
>>
>>79161261
Ben Garrison eats jews? What a degenerate.
>>
>>79161315
Yeah, you'd think he'd choose a better tasting race.
>>
>>79154763
I thought it would be like a kind of really good soda or juice. Almost as bad as my coffee disappointment.

>>79161372
Brits are too limey, French too Froggy , Indians too spicy, Germans too bitter and why eat black people if you can get chicken for less hassle.

Life's hard for a cannibal.
>>
>>79156668
Regular Show always had god tier action sequences.
>>
>>79161479
Hawaiians are good nice and juicy. American Indians are also prime. The years of drink, sugary diet and soul crushing have made for a delicious treat. Like chicken Kiev.
>>
20 years from now the gun violence in western nations will be on the same level as Japan due to a complete ban of civilian owned firearms.

30 years from now, parents will have to explain children what smoking was when they watch old films.

50 years from now, all meat products have been replaced by healthier, sustainable plant based alternatives.
>>
>>79161688
Hitler plz go
>>
>>79161688
>50 years from now, all meat products have been replaced by healthier, sustainable plant based alternatives.

Nigga please. In 50 years we'll have hydrophonic fish meat/plants and lab-grown meat of every other kind. All genetically altered to be healthier and contain all the nutrients we need, while taking a fraction of the space the current farming does. Ain't nobody gonna settle for vegan shit when you can eat a nice rare steak printed to your specifications and get all the nutrients you need in one piece of meat.
>>
>>79161844
>hydrophonic
As in, making sound when wet?
>>
>>79156668
all I was thinking of when I read "guns" in that post.
regular show has a ton of gunfights, guess it's because the show's PG-V
steven universe also had vidalia or whatever hold her rifle when she heard people come in
>>
>>79161880
Yeah. Musical food will be the craze of the future.
>>
>>79161688
>Liberals actually believe this.

faggot, civilization will be destroyed in nuclear fire with in 40 years thanks to Liberal's obsession with multiculturalism and Mudslimes.
>>
>>79161968
>nuclear fire
>capable of ending civilization

This isn't the Cold War, mate. There aren't enough nukes to wipe humanity out any more.
>>
>>79154443

yeah, the same for me too. I just saw them and said "they're adults drinking and smoking, well"
>>
>>79161968
Muslim hegemony will have you wishing for nuclear fire.
>>
File: 1452882337885.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1452882337885.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>79162095
>>
>>79154500
Hey, that paid for a quarter of my student debt
>>
File: Imaqges.jpg (11KB, 340x148px) Image search: [Google]
Imaqges.jpg
11KB, 340x148px
>>79154300
Canadian cartoons make me want to build a wall to keep immigrants out.
>>
>>79154736

>since the 90's

And the censorship people are talking about in this thread is because of conservatives.
>>
>>79161192
wicked sense of humor bro
>>
File: honey babeh.jpg (40KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
honey babeh.jpg
40KB, 450x339px
>>79154806
It does.

>>79159371
>>79161001

Ay, as long as its the real deal and not that clover or whatever substitute around these days.
Drizzle some real honey on some multigrain or regular cheerios and its heavenly.
>>
>>79154763
Yeah, I honestly wanted to drink beer as a kid because The Simpsons made it look so good. So did at least two of my cousins. Neither of us became alcoholics, though. And one of them doesn't even like beer now. Too bitter for him.
>>
File: 1450074747063.png (328KB, 448x458px) Image search: [Google]
1450074747063.png
328KB, 448x458px
>>79162360
>>
>>79162095
we can kill the planet easy with the nukes we have. But there'll be nobody that actually fires them. NUkes kind of became the line nobody wants to cross because of how destructive they are.
>>
I think it's stupid when you can't even show bad guys/villains smoking. I know villains usually look kind of cool which doesn't help making smoking look uncool, but it's a character trait so many good villain's share for a reason. Take pic related. Cruella's chain smoking is a big part of her visual appearance and it tells us a lot about her without her even needing to say anything. She's unconcerned with the comfort and health of those around her, she's rude - smoking openly in people's faces and ignores Anita when she says it stinks. Animation-wise it's a great prop, she shoves it in people' faces, waves it around to direct her henchmen, blows on people to intimidate them, puts it out when she's pissed etc.

I thought it was real nice to see characters smoke and drink in Rango.
>>
>>79161968
>Look, I'm pretending to be an edgy teen raised by 4chan
Just in case you're serious; all cultures will eventually become homogeneous thanks to globalization. This is happening at an increasingly fast rate thanks to the internet, and cannot be stopped.

Now every country has their own version of American Idol, Angry Birds and Pewdiepie, but in the future it won't make any difference where anything or anyone comes from.

In 100 years no one will know what "multiculturalism" means because every country will be exactly the same.
>>
File: 1394727322691.jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
1394727322691.jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>>79163154
>all cultures will eventually become homogeneous thanks to globalization
>>
>>79154300
>o you agree that removing smoking, alcohol and guns from modern cartoons is a good thing?
I wasn't aware "modern cartoons" only referred to shit from ten years ago.

The 2000s was ten years ago.
>>
File: Obama wields the Sword of omens.jpg (62KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Obama wields the Sword of omens.jpg
62KB, 500x350px
>>79162095
Uuuh, anon?
>>
>>79154300
Cartoons like this RUINED MY LIFE.
I was the only black kid if not kid in general I knew that liked classical music and opera's and I know it started with old WB cartoons.
>>
Maybe I was subtly made to think it was cool by seeing characters do it in cartoons and movies. Dunno. I started smoking because my friends did, not on my own from watching a character, but it probably had some sort of effect.

But in general I don't think media can influence you to do something you wouldn't already. At least not extremes like violence and killing someone. I watched exploitation gore/slasher flicks from a really young age with my dad, and while I still really like that kind of stuff, I've never wanted to see someone get hurt irl.
>>
>>79160685
Shooting IS fun. Seriously, ask a friend or relative who owns firearms to take you shooting one day. You'll find it lame at first since you'll miss almost every shot, but once your aim gets better, you won't want to stop.
>>
>>79154337

This one time I accidentally walked over a cliff edge but didnt notice it for a few minutes and just walked in mid air. When I finally realized my blunder, I only had time to pull out my trusty "help!" sign after which I fell and flattened my entire body when I hit the ground.

FUCKING CARTOONS
>>
>>79156874
Smoking always looked cool in cartoons.
>>
>>79163297
I want to get into opera but don't know where to start. I've considered Der Freishutz or The Barber of Seville, but what would you suggest?
>>
>>79163677
Not that anon, but Don Giovanni was my first, so I'd recommend it.
>>
>>79163778
I'll keep that in mind thank you.
>>
>>79163677
I started with Barber of Seville, again because of WB.
https://vimeo.com/132879094

But I guess another obviously popular one would be Carmen.
>>
>Do you agree that removing smoking, alcohol and guns from modern cartoons is a good thing?

If old cartoons are censored or G-rated animated stuff gets its rating upped just because of something as trivial as smoking, then obviously that's bullshit and should be complained about.

But I wouldn't say modern cartoons have smoking "removed" from them because it was likely never intended to be there in the first place (and it's not like every old cartoon had at least 1 smoking scene or some shit). I've never watched a cartoon and thought "why isn't everyone smoking?!" Unless there's a character that's pretty much heavily telegraphed to be a smoker, with some prop standing in for a cigarette, but those are usually one-off bit parts and not main characters anyway. The reason I'm stressing smoking so much is because kids' cartoons today seem to allow guns/at least the suggestion of alcohol, depending on the show, but smoking is pretty much no longer a thing.

But I guess I just don't see the lack of smoking in modern cartoons as a problem, or at least anything I'd even think about if not for a thread like this. Not for any moral/personal reason, but because it's just not something that would come up much anyway in a lot of cartoon settings, and there are bigger problems out there that annoy me more.

>Has a cartoon ever made you want to smoke, drink or shoot someone at any point?

No. I guess it made me at least more aware/curious, but so did seeing adults smoke/drink around the same time.
>>
>SMOKING IS NO LONGER A THING PEOPLE! GET ON WITH THE TIMES, IS THE CURRENT YEAR!
Wonder how Marlboro and all those cigarette companies keep going.
>>
File: mOTHgnfl.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mOTHgnfl.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>79154300
>>
>>79165859
>>79165728
I meant "no longer a thing allowed in cartoons aimed at kids," for whatever that's worth. It just seems to be the only thing in OP's list actively not shown at all.
>>
>>79163109
I always found that the villains who smoke had a dirtier look.
>>
>>79154300

Because Looney Tunes are furries and talking animals have free pass for alcohol, smoking and guns.
>>
season 3 of gargoyles made we want to shoot some people
>>
>>79156602
>Cartoons are a reflection of what is acceptable and or common for the time.
Alright.
>Cartoons smoking and drinking wouldn't be a good reflection of our time.
>implying people don't smoke and drink anymore
>Guns would be
Guns are becoming more accepted, yes
>but guns are seen as far more dangerous and lethal now, whereas in the past, we didn't have anywhere near the number of homicides or concern for gun control.
Everything about this is wrong.
>So, showing guns, cigarettes, and alcohol in a cartoon would be horribly out of date.
Nope.
>>
>>79165859
Well, smoking is way, way lower this generation than any other. Same with teen pregnancies.
>>
>>79166755
Strangely enough teen abortions are through the roof.
>>
File: 1450834640734.webm (174KB, 484x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450834640734.webm
174KB, 484x360px
>>79162095

you're a fucking idiot, and your assumption is flawed and completely incorrect in a way, but there were never enough nukes to do that anyway.

-most strategic level nukes were meant to hit the same target several times to ensure their destruction, as many as 17 times over and more.

-most human settlements, even government buildings would be left alone to create atrition and unrest and leave means to continue escalation

-there were never enough nukes to create a true, complete nuclear holocaust. Humanity is far too widespread even now, and things such as nuclear winter were debunked as fear mongering myths early on. The ability of humans and nature alike to resist the effects of radiation would be put to the test but since most nuclear weapons are relatively clean releases of energy that only take a year or two to clear out it would not be extreme.
>>
>>79166784
Abortions have been more popular and normalized over time, so that would make sense.
>>
>>79165963
To be fair the guy was drinking and driving. And he learned to drink from a cartoon.
>>
Cartoons never made me want to drink or smoke, my friends did. And they're fucking great, although I prefer dip to smoking
>>
File: 1373487713795.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1373487713795.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>
>>79170554
Ballet made you want to strip naked?
>>
>>79154337
I remember putting a banana in the path so my grandma would walk on it and slip. I also slapped my mom over the back of the head because I saw it happen in a cartoon. Good thing she never kept a mallet in the house.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.