[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
"CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" DEATHS
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 37
Scarlet Witch dies too. Death scenes for Falcon and War Machine have been filmed as misdirection, but they'll live.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=130139
>>
Can you ask your uncle when are they going to release the next Pokemon?
>>
Meh. Discount Jean Grey.
>>
I want Clints senpai to die
>>
>>79126184
>Source literally right there

At least shitpost right.
>>
>>79126205
Fucking word filter. Family.
>>
>>79126218
>comicbookmovie
>fansites
At least shitpost right.
>>
Reminder that you fags doubted Quicksilvers death when it was reported
>>
Sorry Robinson, your Scarlet Witch ongoing is a mini now.
>>
>killing the only woman with powers
Yeah, not gonna happ--
>her death prompts Vision to fly into space
HAHAHAHAHAHA
You faggots believe fucking anything.
>>
>>79126316
"Quicksilver won't die he's signed for more movies I swear"
>>
>>79126131
Why the fuck introduce 2 characters to have them die in 2 movies when some other characters have been there for a whole lot longer and would have much more impactful deaths?
Like anybody's gonna care when she or whichever black sidekick dies. Like anybody cared about Quickass.

If you're going to try to insert drama in silly capes by "omg they actually killed a character", at least actually try and use a character the audience and the other characters have had time to attach to, don't completely half-ass it like this,
>>
>>79126131
If true that sucks. I wanted her to become Dr. Strange's apprentice.
>>
>>79126380
"Here, you fucking nerds, we put your dumb comic book characters in the Avengers, see how awesome we are? Now, get rid of them and greenlight more Iron Mans"
>>
>>79126371
I never thought that because Joss screamed to high heaven that he was going to kill someone in AoU, and Quicksilver made sense because Johnson balked at the contract to do more.

Trust me, Wanda isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>79126533
Please, nobody guessed him because it was his first movie. It was only after heavy rumors people started to believe it.
Anyone not getting their own solo is ultimately expendable, bar maybe Hulk
>>
>>79126380
Whedon only wanted to use them because he likes them. Marvel clearly didn't know what to do with them after there debut movie
>>
With Wasp and Carol surely becoming Avengers Wandas time is already up.

Still need to sell to boys, can't have 4 womenz on the Avengers
>>
>>79126600
>Please, nobody guessed him because it was his first movie.
Who said anything about guessing? I said I believed it, dummy.
>Anyone not getting their own solo is ultimately expendable, bar maybe Hulk
I also believe this, but fact remains is that they're not going to kill the only bitch with powers (and the only visually different ones at that) on the team when there's several people that just shoot guns that they could knock off.

Just creatively it makes no sense, just like Vision going into space.
>>
File: twins_nosound.webm (362 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
twins_nosound.webm
362 KB, 500x281
RIP twins.
You both were too good for the MCU
>>
I'll believe it when I see it.

They'll need every hero they can get for Infinity War so they can get killed in that.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1280x800
>tfw no kooky quartet ever
>>
>>79126131
Cap still dies in this just like in the comic series, right?
>>
>>79126131
Another mutant bite the dust

That means fox can do a house of m movie
>>
So does this mean Scarlet Witch is in Xmen Apocalypse and Fox its all over Marvel like last time so they kill theirs off?
>>
>>79126804
>Whedon only wanted to use them because he likes them
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
>>
File: 1315415652598.jpg (159 KB, 585x780) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1315415652598.jpg
159 KB, 585x780
>tfw they kill Spiderman just to tank Sony's movies and get them to return the franchise
>>
>>79127012
Impossible since Sony has final say on everything spider-man
>>
>her death prompts Vision to fly into space
Just like what happened to Hulk, right
>>
>>79126131
I don't mind her dying I hated what they did to her character anyway, I liked quicksilver more every team needs a speedster
She still got that vision romance plot armor though.

Flacon too he's just extra weight, aswell as Black widow

Bring more of the heavy hitters fuck bring in Sentry and Hyperion
>>
File: Don'tBelieve.gif (2 MB, 359x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Don'tBelieve.gif
2 MB, 359x300
>>79126131
>>
>>79126949
She's not in "X-Men: Apocalypse", but Bryan Singer mentioned wanting to use her, and there's a new X-Men movie slated for 2018.
>>
>All this disbelief

It'll be Quicksilver all over again.
>>
They're fucking retarded if they kill the only character with interesting powers
They have almost no heroes already, and then they fucking kill the one we saw the least? They'd be shooting their own feet
>>
>>79127174
Worst part is, no Whedon to blame this time
>>
>>79127174
>with interesting powers
Jean grey has never been interesting.
>>
>>79127220
Good thing she's not Jean Grey then.
>>
>>79126131
My God, they gotta kill a hero every time they do these team up films, don't they?

lmao

Fuck Marvel is terrible.
>>
>>79126131
Wasn't it the executives that wanted them to be added to the movies in the first palace and wheadon wanted none of them originally or is it the other way around?
>>
>>79126380
So Marvel can kill off mutants in their Avengers movies.
>>
File: 1425900670786.jpg (296 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425900670786.jpg
296 KB, 1200x1200
>>79127083
>I hated what they did to her character anyway
You mean make a typically Josh Whedon OC and call her Scarlett Witch?
Don't care particularly for the character to begin with, but yeah, that wasn't SW.

>fuck bring in Sentry and Hyperion
>mfw
>>
>>79127248
They gave her her powers, she may as well be.
>>
>>79127259
Pretty sure it's other way. The restrictions already make it a bit awkward and you can see how they don't really care to add the twins to other stuff like cartoons
>>
>>79127248
Yeah but Jean gets interesting when she has the phoenix, while Wanda doesnt have anything to back up
>>
>>79127220
Comparing to "guy who punches with a shield", "guy who punches while green", "guy who punches with a hammer" and "guy who punches while flying with wings/armor", her powers are pretty interesting
>>
>>79127174
>interesting powers
I mean not really. It's either basic telekinesis/energy projection or "fuck with the plot/rules of this world anytime the writers are in a corner".
You can make that interesting but it's more used to write stupid shit.
>>
>>79127316
It's literally just telekinesis and mindfuck powers with a red glow. I get why they did it, but shit has been overdone to death.
>>
>>79127313
>Jean gets interesting when she has the phoenix
Barely, she gets threatening is all.
>>
>>79127313
>Jean has Phoenix
>Wanda doesnt have anything to back up

Yeah if only there were some force of nature linked to Wanda that made her the avatar of some unworldly will.

Fuck off and read a comic.
>>
>>79127350
Yeah, it's boring as fuck, but when fucking telekinesis turns into a fucking innovative power in a franchise, you know there's something wrong
>>
>Joss acts like a little bitch
>inserts the twins only to kill off QS and leave his waifu to go on in the MCU
>Feige gets his ultimate revenge breaking Whedon through the thing he loves most
>>
>>79127316
She punches with her MIIIIIIIIND
>>
>>79127389
Yeah, dr strange or manthing can be any of Those, marvel doesnt need wanda
>>
>>79127389
How do you not understand that the MCU is different from comics?
>>
>>79127429
Hoped you donated to Wikipedia after your visit.
>>
>>79127449
I understand that better than most, at what point did I imply otherwise?
By suggesting that the precedent exists for half-borrowed plotlines?
>>
>>79126131
I haven't read this thread but the title "Captain America Civil War Deaths" and a picture of Scarlet Witch is a dick move OP
>>
>>79127398
Nigga there's a dude that grows and shrinks as his main thing.
And then he punches people.
Let's face it the thing is not what the powers are, it's how they're used. Tony can do a lot more than fly around and punch shit, but hey, it's not like they got really imaginative people to make most of these movies. Thor could do a lot more too. Cap has always had the "punching with actual technique" gimmick that at least was shown in WS.
Hulk, yeah, he's a lost cause on that front.
>>
>>79127115
What ever you say, guy.
>>
>>79127600
I'm not you guy, buddy.
>>
>>79127756
I'm not your buddy, friend/
>>
File: 1452480047983.gif (3 MB, 390x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452480047983.gif
3 MB, 390x293
>Cap
>Scarlet

noooope
>>
>>79126131
They're not killing the only other prominent female Avenger. The backlash would be astronomical.
>>
File: 1376707257112.gif (763 KB, 160x120) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376707257112.gif
763 KB, 160x120
Oh god, they traded Scarlet for Spidey.

I'm fine with this.
>>
>>79127910
They have 2 more women waiting. One with her own movie
>>
>>79126131
I'm more concerned with how they're going to make civil war into a far-reaching conflict when according to the props and preview info the accord they want Cap to abide by only puts limitations on the Avengers.

It's a lot harder to see Cap object to the rule of law when it doesn't trample on the rights of the masses, instead of standing up for what's right he's just defending his buttbuddy Bucky at the expense of everyone else.
>>
File: 1414723436210.png (317 KB, 729x1152) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414723436210.png
317 KB, 729x1152
>Want to doubt this so fucking hard
>Remember Quickslav
I don't know what to do
>>
>>79127939
New Batsu Game when?
>>
>>79127971
There are other factors at stake there.
>>
>>79127939
>traded Scarlet for Spidey
>We'll let Fox have this, so give us that, Sony
>>
>>79127971
Well yeah but we know that there are more superpowered people besides the Avengers. Granted not as many as in comics, but still.
>>
File: 1446777798131.jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446777798131.jpg
83 KB, 960x720
>>79126131
>Quicksilver is my favorite marvel character
>Scarlet Witch is my waifu

The monkeys paw bullshit for my favorite characters getting into movies is unreal
>>
>>79128111
Even if they kill off the Twins, which would be insanely fucking retarded for plenty of reasons, they're almost definitely cameoing in Infinity War.
>>
>>79128081
Like what?
>>79128087
Right, but they're not in the language of the Sokovia Accord. It specifically mentions that only the Avengers will be placed under UN control.
>>
>>79126131
>have been filmed as misdirection

Nobody, especially not as historically cost conscious a company as Marvel, films as "misdirection", it's simply too expensive. You're talking hundreds of man-hours for every day you shoot, tens of thousands of dollars in budget, just to set up shop. If you film it, it means there's at least the possibility of its use, dependent on test audience reaction and such.
>>
>>79127955
So? That's not going to stop them from flipping their shit over the only other active female character that isn't a glorified secretary getting 86'd as cannon fodder in some white man's movie.
>>
>>79126131
Good. I can't stand Slavic Witch and her fake as fuck forced accent.
>>
File: 1434130843788.png (314 KB, 534x406) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434130843788.png
314 KB, 534x406
>>79126131
>tfw don't wanna believe this, cause that would be more retarded than someone else dying
>tfw remembering what happened with Quicksilver

If they really do this, then you can probably see people tons of people flipping out and giving up on Marvel, as this would be the signal of the execution for the muties in every place (comics, games, etc).

...and what's worse is... it can happen.
They're that poweful to kill Scarlet Witch now
>>
>>79128262
Wanda isn't even a mutant anymore.
>>
>>79128191
What? That's a stupidly specific thing. Why can't they just fucking quit being Avengers then and go solo, so none of that stupid shit that's about to happen happens?
>>
>>79128219
>Nobody, especially not as historically cost conscious a company as Marvel, films as "misdirection"

But that's wrong. Misdirection shots are common as fuck.
>>
>>79126131
i kinda wished everyone would died
>>
>>79128355
I honestly just want Thor to die so they can reboot his franchise in 10 years and do it right. Since Thor 1, it's been the equivalent of parading a scarecrow that kind of sort of resembles Thor, and then telling everyone this is Thor.
>>
>>79126131
they wont kill her off, because if they do thousands of fangirls will scream about mcu taking a shit on women heroes.

and for once they would have a point
>>
>>79128342
Well, from the trailers it seems like the shit hits the fan less because of the accord and more because Cap is trying to protect Bucky, but that still leaves us with Cap going rogue over a single man instead of a massive violation of civil rights
>>
File: 1414112450294.gif (2 MB, 500x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414112450294.gif
2 MB, 500x600
>only fucking girl is ScarJo
>>
>>79128262
>you can probably see people tons of people flipping out and giving up on Marvel
The beggining of the end of capes movies?
This might be good thing. By the time we reach the Infinity war movies everyone will be fed up with capes movies.
>>
>>79128469
Yeah, then the only superheroes we'll ever get are the stupid diversity kid squad by Bendis.

Fuck you.
>>
>>79128426
>that still leaves us with Cap going rogue over a single man instead of a massive violation of civil rights
Yeah and the "Civil War" title makes a lot less sense too.
Hey we've seen Cap go rogue from time to time. I remember he went rogue in the 90s because of some shit or another that certainly wasn't on the scale of comics Civil War.
>>
File: 1440874281960.gif (980 KB, 245x144) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440874281960.gif
980 KB, 245x144
>>79128488
>>
File: 1452900518566.jpg (224 KB, 1680x916) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452900518566.jpg
224 KB, 1680x916
>>79128469
I said, people giving up on Marvel, not the end of caped superheroes.

If you really think this will kill that, you're not only an idiot, but also a big and fat fagtron.
>>
Why would they kill Wanda over Widow, though
>>
File: deebly-concerned.jpg (15 KB, 380x332) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
deebly-concerned.jpg
15 KB, 380x332
>based wanda dies
>only woman left is a slut
>>
>>79128539
Everyone likes to fap to the Jew girl
>>
>>79128488
Are you implying the cape trend can go on for more 3 years?
>>
>>79128390
Would they even reboot it at that point? I mean they haven't rebooted shit.
I hate this version as much as the next guy but it seems to have some amount of appeal to people, and besides by that point who fucking knows what characters Marvel is going to try to push.

Hey maybe if you monkey paw it hard enough, we can get Nathalie Thorman.
>>
>>79128539
Because Black Widow is more popular than Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>79128539
Scarlet Jo needs them easy money
>>
>>79128536
Of course it won't kill it, it's too big now, I'm not that delusional. Still a man can imagine.
>>
File: 1452900881943.png (602 KB, 500x504) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452900881943.png
602 KB, 500x504
>>79128539
Because someone out there at Marvel HQ probably likes fapping to sluts.

Also, the mutie hate is off the charts thanks to LOL Fox
>>
>>79128585
Are you implying it hasn't been going for 50?
>>
>>79128426
>Government imposes the Accords.
>Cap isn't happy about it, but attempts to comply on collaborating with the government.
>Bucky gets framed and a kill order is put on him even though he needs help and even though he has intel on important things.
>Cap tries to aprehend him legally, ends up defending him from the government kill squad, and is then sentenced to prison for disobeying orders.
>Government wanting to use the Avengers to solve political conflicts with enemy nations.
>Cap oes rogue to protect Bucky, clear his name and stop the threat Bucky is aware of in his own terms, rather than burdened by political woes.
>>
File: 1374886609805.jpg (12 KB, 424x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374886609805.jpg
12 KB, 424x394
>movie could be fantastic, but a character dying would make people despise it

this is why I hate comic fans
>>
>>79128719
>these implications
I don't give a shit about SW and for all I care any of them could die, but the movie doesn't look good from the (admittedly solitary) trailer.
>>
>>79128585
>Are you implying the cape trend can go on for more 3 years?
It can pretty easily, as long as Marvel starts to creatively diversify its movies.

WS and GotG saw it starting to stray away from the Iron Man formula and I'm sure execs noticed that as a marketable success meanwhile AoU was critically a dud from too many cook in the kitchen.

Depending on how Black Panther and Doctor Strange go is going to set the pace for how future movies catalyze the hype until then.

It's been 8 years, my nigga. No one thought this was going to last this long.
>>
File: 7e8.jpg (34 KB, 599x337) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7e8.jpg
34 KB, 599x337
>>79128719
No, killing someone who is not really that OP and which death might actually affect in a negative way the story would make the movie despisable.

...And the Russo brothers can't take that risk now, because of DC taking possible advantage against it, and the loses from Age of Quiptron.
>>
>>79128395
They are Disney Jews first and foremost.

They'll still wave Hope and Carol in front of everyones faces to distract from the fact that they don't want their brand meant for little boys to be half women.
>>
>>79128719
I won't hate the movie, but I'd be wary of giving money to future MCU installments because it'd shine some light on some creative dissonance.

Shit, usually I'm the one making posts like yours. This feels weird.
>>
>>79128698
I'm not saying it won't work, I'm saying it's far less impactful than the actual reasons for Civil War and if they go with this there's no reason at all to involve unrelated heroes like Black Panther and Spider Man.

Further, without a measure they can have serious disagreement on (Security vs Liberty) Iron Man has no reason to take the side of the government over the claims of Captain America.
>>
>>79128814
Wait so now the jews *don't* want to make little boys into sissies?
Man those lizards sure are confusing.
>>
>>79126131
If this is indeed true, Tumblr is going to give Marvel all kinds of hell...
>>
>>79128805
>No, killing someone who is not really that OP and which death might actually affect in a negative way the story would make the movie despisable.
Good of you to prove him right.

>the loses from Age of Quiptron
I mean it wasn't as succesful as the 1st one but let's not get overboard here.
>>
>>79128841
But that's still there. Bucky being in the crux of it all is just to add emotional weight to Cap's decision, and also because he tries to be more collaborative than his comics' counterpart was and play ball with the govenrment until they go full totalitarian.
>>
>>79128915
>Kill Quickass
>No one gives a shit on tumblr
>Kill SW
>Marvel is killing racial minorities AND women!
>>
>>79126131
>killing my waifu
>killing the twins
That's it, fuck this shit, fuck you Fiege.

>>79128719
It would be nice, but they are killing characters that were introduced not even a fucking year ago, let them be alive at least until Infinity Ward for fucks sake.
>>
>>79127083
>bring in Sentry and Hyperion
>Sentry

Anon, you have some truly putrid taste.
>>
>>79128939
>but that's still there
No it isn't, control over the Avengers is much simpler than mass invasion of privacy.

The former is very easy to establish as wrong if the Avengers are being controlled for unambiguously wrong purposes. Iron Man isn't going to go "yeah our leaders are really Hydra and they want us to kill innocent men but it's for the greater good!"

Security vs Liberty is far more ambiguous and morally grey
>>
>>79126131
YES YES YES
THE BUTTHURT THIS WILL CAUSE WILL FUEL MY SMUGNESS FOR YEARS TO COME

>They choose to kill a character before being forced to give her a movie
>Marvel denies Widow a movie, kills SW
>Its almost 2017 unh, cmon!
>>
>>79128970
For once I would side with Tumblr.
The lack of heroes with actual super powers is staggering, plus they have a lot of superheroes they could kill which would make more impact.
>>
>>79128671
Cape movie trend.
>>
>>79128191
>It specifically mentions that only the Avengers will be placed under UN control.

You literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Unless you're from the future and have seen the movie. Or maybe your dad works for Marvel and you got the inside scoop on the plot of the movie and all the inner workings?
>>
>>79129150
I see you missed the shitstorm.
>>
>>79129100
And it keeps Black Widow as the Avengers' Smurfette, which does nobody any favors...
>>
>>79128782
Well alright then, I'll scroll off my jacket of edgyness and just enjoy whatever comes.
>>
>>79128344
>Misdirection shots are common as fuck.
They're really not at all. Your post is misdirection from the truth.
>>
>>79129129
Yes.
>>
>>79129170
>cette commission des* Nations Unies
Almost Disnée, almost.

Also it's nominative. Yeah that's a dick move (even if understandable) from the UN.
>>
File: 1391469514129.jpg (102 KB, 375x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391469514129.jpg
102 KB, 375x375
>>79129286
>Your post is misdirection from the truth.
>>
>>79128527
>Yeah and the "Civil War" title makes a lot less sense too.

Its a civil war because its two sides that were previously working together, are now at odds. You must be pretty god damn slow if you can't wrap your noodle around these basic concepts.
>>
>>79129170
>Bonus material in a dvd box set is now official plot point, everything is used verbatim in movie.
>definitely not just fun bonus stuff

Sometimes /co/ is stupid/gullible as fuck.
>>
>>79128454
And Marvel wonders why female fans give them so much flak over Black Widow...

Having more than one female on the team would lighten the burden of expectation on poor Nat...
>>
>>79129438
It's the fucking cover page that you can see in plenty of promo screenshots you absolute dipshit
>>
>>79129438
It's literally in the trailer.
>>
>>79129492
>>79129545
Remind me again where they show the cover page...
>>
>>79129492
>>79129545
Its from this box set you fucktards. You morons will believe anything.
>>
>>79129684
>>79129570
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>79129361
I understand that but it's a lot less impactful when it's not also actually about people's rights. Which, you know, actual civil wars tend to have something to do with.
A violent dispute inside a 6-member team about the rights of 6 people is not really a civil war, just some fight with a lot of collateral damage.
>>
>>79129684
>It's only official, you idiots will believe anything!
Does it hurt to be that stupid?
>>
I still haven't forgiven you cunts for spoiling Age of Ultron. It totally ruined the movie for me knowing Black Widow would pick up mjolnir and destroyed Ultron with it.
>>
>>79126856
>Just creatively it makes no sense, just like Vision going into space.
Thanos gotta get that infinity stone in his forehead somehow.
>>
>>79129918
I forgot, everything in these box sets is 100% accurate to the movies. Never once have they added, altered or just tossed in fan teases. Utterly impossible.
>>
>>79130058
The whole point is to make him come to Earth, sending the one stone Earth has into space is narratively improbable and him dying alone for being a dumbass robs his death of any emotional impact.

I expect the first stone Thanos goes for will be Space that that be can travel easily to the rest, which means we'll probably see him in the aftermath of Ragnarok.
>>
>>79130377
How many stones are still missing?
I'm assuming one we'll actually get through Dr. Strange.
>>
>>79130594
If we etone through Strange, there's just one more that's unaccounted for. Reality, I believe.
>>
>>79130594
Time and Soul.
I'm hoping there's no more stones on Earth. Watching Thanos tear through 5 different planets to assemble the gauntlet would be boss as fuck.
>>
>>79126380
So RDJ gets more screentime
>>
>>79126131
that would be great. so the twins will be mutants and kids of magneto again? please yes
>>
>>79130716
>so the twins will be mutants and kids of magneto again?
Yeah because that produced so many amazing stories.
>>
>>79130653
Well if we get one through Strange in a way (as in he doesn't aquire it) it would be in another reality I presume.
>>
>>79126131
I hope she stays alive. So she can cause the eventual Avengers Disassembled finale for the entire MCU
>>
>>79126131
>NO, MORE MUTANTS!
>>
>>79130857
Well as long as they don't pull a tesseract, where they turn a perfectly fine artifact of power itself into a stone then I'll be fine with there being one in Strange. Don't get me wrong, I like the way they handled the tesseract and it all made sense, but if the Eye of Agamotto turns out to be the time gem like Feige implied then I'm going to be annoyed.

It would be funny for the Soul gem to be in Wakanda tho.
>>
>killing off the only other prominent female apart from Widowhanson
>killing off somebody who's barely been around for a single movie
>killing her directly after killing her brother one outing prior

That would be a pretty wonky decision, sempai.
>>
File: 1359754081822.jpg (144 KB, 445x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1359754081822.jpg
144 KB, 445x600
>>79126131
>www.comicbookmovie.com
>>
>>79126131
>Four deaths
Ah, actors and actresses asking for a bigger raise in their cheecks only to get written out. Classical Hollywood.
>>
>>79126268
And was it reported on a fansite? Fuck off.
>>
>>79130883
You know what would be cool. If some Crazy shit happens and she go's crazy and screams "No More AVENGERS!!!!".

And then we get The Phase 3.
>>
>>79130630
The Aether is Reality. What's missing is Time and Soul, so one of those will be introduced with Strange.
>>
>>79126131
What's better to prepare the battlefield for a cosmic-level event than killing one of the few characters with actual power in the whole setting? Who needs telekinesis and mind powers when you have a bunch of idiots with gadgets and a sexy Russian spy?
Thanos and his army have no chance.
>>
>>79131797
>Wanda doesn't get to see Thanos murder the shit out of Vision causing dead characters to come back and help beat Thanos
Literally butchering potential plot points.
>>
>>79131797
You seem to have let autism get the best of you, let me inform you that these movies, characters and powers arent real. They are scripted thus, they can make it that 5 underpowered children can save the universe from thanos if they wanted. Powers don't mean shit. It's story telling that matters. Good writers don't need deus ex's to make a compelling story. this is why morons like you arent in charge.
>>
>>79127313
We don't know if Chthon wasn't in the mix. Chthon + Scarlet Witch is hugely interesting.
>>
>>79127429
Strange will have no peer to interact with, he's going to feel disconnected as fuck.
>>
>>79128539
Wanda is a complex, ambivalent character with actual depth.

Let's kill her off and replace her with Mary Sue Danvers. Fuck this.

Wow...when Thanos rips the stone out of Vision's head it will now have zero emotio nal weight.
>>
>>79132549
This. It also robs that moment of any emotional impact. Without Wanda no one's going to truly care about Vision.

Also, her history makes the fight to save him more intense than it would be for anyone else.

Killing off the Avenger who has the strongest motive to fight Thanos is retarded.
>>
>>79132555
To the contrary, a deus ex like you mention would be absolutely necessary to deal with someone like Thanos without characters with actual power.

And you seem to think Marvel has good writers in charge of the MCU.
>>
NO MORE MUTANTS

NO, WAIT, I'M A MUTANT TOO

OH SHI--
>>
>>79126530
This, sadly.
>>
Quote from the creators of the video on the video itself:

>"Could be any one of the 3 but that's our guess."

So they are literally just guessing about the death out of three deaths that may or may not even exist.

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to kill any characters Fox has the rights to but I'm going to need more than that. I believed the Quicksilver rumors when it was "I've seen the movie and here's what happens," not "I've heard someone might die and my guess is...'
>>
>>79127955
Does Carol Danvers really count? They haven't even cast her.

If they'd introduced carol at the end of Avengers 2 (Wanda is in the shot that was prepared for Carol) I'd be more inclined to believe Wanda is expendable. She might be saved by the current suckiness of Carol.
>>
>>79136856
So they are full of shit. One of three...or none.

If Captain America dies killing off anyone else will be fucking pointless and unnecessary. It makes no sense to kill off a person Cap has been training and nurturing (thus diminishing his legacy and in fact cheapening his death in the process).
>>
>>79127389
Chthon is seriously dark, cool stuff.

Chthon in Infinity War would be epic, imagine Wanda faces Thanos...

She utters the words...
"Fear Chthon before all others..."

> That moment when Thanos shits himself
>>
>Kill off the newest two most interesting characters of the MCU

jesus christ, who the fuck is in charge of this clown act again?
>>
>>79127254
Now if they would only do that with Thor instead of making it a romantic comedy.
>>
>>79144701

I hope Thor dies at the end of Ragnarok. If he doesn't die to introduce BRB I'll be maximum mad
>>
File: ____ is a slut.jpg (42 KB, 576x385) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
____ is a slut.jpg
42 KB, 576x385
>>79128395
>fangirls liking female characters
>implying those fangirls aren't lusting after the male characters instead
>>
File: thors.jpg (143 KB, 1410x328) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thors.jpg
143 KB, 1410x328
>>79144744
And then we will have Thor: BRB in a romantic comedy with Sif and the third wheel Jane Foster. Majority of the screen time would be devote to Jane Foster grieving over the lost of Thor.
>>
Oh joy, we'll lose the other most unique power on the Avenger. I guess the Avengers can beat Thanos by punching, punching, shooting arrows, punching, repulsor rays, punching, and punching.
>>
>>Killing Wanda before she has twins.
There goes Young Avengers.
>>
>>79126268
We doubted it because we refused to believe Marvel was retarded enough to do it. Joss Whedon doubling down on the stupid doesn't somehow make us the morons for assuming he had at least one neuron still firing in that empty space he calls a skull.
>>
I find it funny that all this speculation stems from the fact that they have a theory Vision will be going into Space.

You know, like Iron Man in Iron Man 3!
>>
>>79145668
Yeah remember how Iron Man was going to meet the Guardians of the Galaxy at the end of Iron Man 3?
>>
>>79126131

>killing off woman mc

nice try. they can't hint toward another mcu char without someone begging for a black widow movie because of female representation
>>
>>79145840
People were 100% certain that was legit, even though Starlord wasn't even cast yet!

Seriously, I'm doubting this. I kinda believed the whole kill Cap thing with the three filmed endings, but doing three filmings of character deaths? No studio is THAT thorough, especially since I'm sure that there's no hiding characters showing up along til the end.
>>
>All this disbelief and thinking it was just Whedon

Its business. The Twins are still shared property at best. They have new toys to play with that they can fully own. They don't like the fact that 'competition' can spit out the same character if they feel like it.

They don't even put them in that stupid cartoon.
>>
>>79145948
Has Alan Horn been having words with Feige? Maybe Horn is worse than Perlmutter?
Given CW focuses on Cap, Tony, and Bucky, killing off any secondary characters is fucking lazy and a very cheap cop out.

One of the problems with Doctor Strange is how he is disconnected from the rest of the Marvel universe, Scarlet Witch solves that problem as she connects him with the Avengers while also being the only Avenger who can comfortably appear in a Doc Strange movie without ruining the tone or feeling shoehorned.
>>
>>79126131
>Scarlet Witch
>dying

I don't believe it. Especially with all the complaints about women in refrigerators.
>>
>>79126131
This better not fucking happen
>>
>>79126131
Don't kill my waifu.
Pls.
>>
>>79146929
Didn't he SJW's went apeshit over her and how she was written

maybe that's the reason what they will kill her
>>
>>79150018
No, they went apeshit over Black Widow for the ''I'm a monster because I can't have kids.''
Everyone was fine with Scarlet Witch aside from the accent.
>>
>>79126131
but.. I want my Scarlet Witch/Vision relationship
and.. to some extend.. that incestuous relationship she and Quicksilver had in the ultimate books
>>
File: family bonding.gif (1 MB, 245x138) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
family bonding.gif
1 MB, 245x138
>>79150598
Okay.
>>
>>79126205
Why? So you can ship him again?
>>
>no more Daddyhawk
Fuck you Fiege.
>>
the two african american friends of two caucasian americans of opposing sides seemingly die...the writing is god-like
>>
>>79151322
I agree.
Too misogynistic for me. ˙͜ >˙
>>
https://www.youtube.com/embed/hT1EU8D2CSQ

D23 trailer footage
>>
File: 8463053.jpg (56 KB, 555x452) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8463053.jpg
56 KB, 555x452
>>79151550
>doesn't show Vision in a suit or ANTS
Surely, they could've filmed it for 30 seconds longer
>>
>>79150055
And even the wobbly accent wasn't bad. Olsen nailed the tone of Wanda perfectly.

She manages to be scary, cute, achingly vulnerable, curiousity, and ambivalence perfectly.

She's powerful but no Mary Sue, being flawed and vulnerable.

She has so much potential to explore and grow; understanding herself and her powers going hand in hand, plus there's no other character who will fight Thanos with such intense passion.

But then I remembered Wanda does not quip and is actually a character with some complexity and depth. We can't have that in MCU movies, can we?

Fuck this gay Earth if this is true.
>>
>>79152256
Anon, why would good things ever happen?
>>
>>79126131

Not surprised at all.

You can sometimes tell how relevent a character will be based on how much merchandising they get

It's not foolproof, sure, but it says something when there's more ultron or hulkbuster stuff than Scarlet Witch.

Also, that fact that she doesn't appear in any of the avengers posters sold in stores also adds to it
>>
>>79154056
With Wanda...

> Her arc builds perfectly towards Thanos, (whereas for most of the rest Thanos is just incidental).

> If they go with latent powers unlocked by Mind Gem, that opens the way to Chthon, which creates the awesome possibility of a vengeful Elder God plotting to smash the shit out of Thanos.

> Strange will have a point-man and mystic buddy in Infinity War. Spiritual growth with Strange guiding her, developing both mentor and student.

> Vision's "death" at the end of IW Part 1 will actually mean something...without Wanda most of the emotional weight is lost.

> Cap being her first mentor, her making her an important part of his legacy.
>>
>>79154407
Basically all of the above and more will be pissed away in favor of punching, muh ledger, quips, and Thanos having to job to normies.
>>
>>79154056
>that pic
Heh.
>>
>>79154849
Her face is so cute.
>>
File: 1436232878388.jpg (97 KB, 306x893) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436232878388.jpg
97 KB, 306x893
>>79154875
>>
File: aj1.jpg (120 KB, 800x881) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aj1.jpg
120 KB, 800x881
>>79154056
What a qt, and to think how her career began.
>>
>>79155421
They look nothing alike.
>>
File: 083750891597498237.png (257 KB, 668x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
083750891597498237.png
257 KB, 668x182
>>79155421
Her eyes are green m8.
>>
>>79155450
All white people look alike
>>
File: 1432151763504.jpg (366 KB, 968x1452) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432151763504.jpg
366 KB, 968x1452
>>79155860
I wish all grills looked like her.
>>
File: 1453214179987.jpg (70 KB, 615x406) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453214179987.jpg
70 KB, 615x406
I wish fucking Black Widow would die already.

She's becoming less and less relevant powerlevel wise, and unlike Hawkeye she's already been over-utilized played out. They've literally done everything they can do with her character, and at this point the only reason she's around and forced into the spotlight is to fill a female superhero quota.

This became abundantly clear with AoU, and how forced and hamfisted her role in that movie was.

Now that characters like Scarlet Witch, the Wasp, and soon Carol Danvers are around, there's no reason to keep her around anymore. They need to either bench her like Nick Fury, or kill her off for the shock value.

But NOPE, instead she'll continue to be shoehorned into future films because GRRL PWR!
>>
>>79156161
This Tbh Senpaitachi.
>>
>>79129170
Why would Stark even sign this? As a businessman he should have enough experience to realize that a contract like that is crippling and have his lawyers litigate the shit out of it.
Would this even be legal in most UN countries since just from the vague wording alone it's technically slavery?
>>
>>79157437
Because Stark is one of the people pushing the Accords.
>>
>>79156161
lets say hypothetically I agree with you, you know killing her off would be burning money, right?

You are asking Disney to burn money and that is not gonna happen.
>>
>>79157669
Disney wouldn't be burning money. The only reason people care about the character is because she's the token female. With more female characters popping up, she's expendable. Plus she's a superspy. Dying comes with the job.
>>
>>79130272

It's probably not word for word the same as the doccument in the film, but come on nigga.

It's CLEARLY a fucking preview to give hardcore fans a little sneak peak of what the basic gist of the Civil War conflict will be about.
>>
>>79157669

How?

Black Widow is hardly the most bankable character in the roster as far as merch/comics are concerned, and people arn't lining up in droves to see Marvel films to see Black Widow. They're there to see Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, and Thor. The heavy hitters are bringing in the crowds, Black Widow was just the one who's "also there" mainly to provide a little TnA and someone for the female audience members to identify with. Only a vocal minority of people would honestly get hyped at the prospect of a Black Widow movie, and even less are going out of there way to pick up Black Widow shirts, books, and other merch.

Now that there are at least three more up and coming female superheroes who are more interesting AND more powerful than Widow, her role in the MCU is becoming less and less important with each passing film.

She's expendable now, especially seeing as how at this point she's the highest member of the cast after RDJ iirc.

I don't see how getting rid of an expensive redundancy would be considered "burning money".
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 290x595) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 290x595
>>79157921

>She's expendable now, especially seeing as how at this point she's the highest member of the cast after RDJ iirc.

Ayyyy

I know you meant "highest paid", but still.
>>
>>79127012
Marvel are on good terms with Sony, they wouldn't do that.
>>
>>79157921
I wish they wouldn't keep killing people so the Avengers could be a family of like 30 or so superhero types.
>>
>>79156161
>>79157669

Killing off Widow actually makes a whole lot more sense than the alleged death of Steve Rogers that keeps getting talked about, from both a story and a making money perspective.

Black Widow is a bad person trying to go good by siding with Tony, and making the ultimate sacrifice for this pipe dream because at the end of the day she's a mortal in a war amongst gods. Having Widow die would also be a good way to bring both sides back down to Earth and eventually reunite them against a common threat, since both Steve and Tony are pretty close to her.
>>
>>79158236
This.
>>
>>79158236
Whereas only Steve is close to Wanda. Tony wouldn't care.

Besides, if Steve dies killing off a secondary character is overkill in every sense as their death will be overshadowed by Cap's and forgotten.

How would they fit so many fucking funerals in a film that's crammed as it is?

The Russos refer to several funerals then this stuff leaks out...a week before reshoots, I might add. Misdirection so people are blown off the scent when the reshoots happen?

Will Wanda die then Spiderman quips "Ding Dong" after 15 seconds of sad music?
>>
>>79144744
>>79144835
We can forget about Jane Foster, as the actress was so shitty in Thor 3 because she was butthurt they didn't get female director.
Just look at her expressions towards the movie.
>>
>>79160420
That's rude.
I'm ashamed of waifuing her a lot of years ago.
>>
>>79129170
Should've been
>Victor S. Ion
and a square space for him to print a QR code.
>>
>>79128390

I just want Bill in the movies.
>>
>>79162312
Beta Ray Bill will sadly never happen due to VFX costs and him not being a quipper.
>>
>>
>>79126131
Why do my waifus always get killed?
>>
>>79164827
You have more than one waifu, they lose their laifu
>>
>>79164981
But I only have one waifu at a time.
Not my fault they all die.
>>
>>79156161
>>79157921
>>79158236
You guys make great points. I'd kill her off too.
>>
>>79126131

I absolutely despise the fact that set leaks have become so common that we're now filming fake scenes as misdirection.

Just watch the movie when it comes out you cunts.
>>
>>79164827
>waifus

You deserve worse.
>>
>>79126507
That would be cool
>>
>>79128177
Brought back to life with the Soul stone you mean.
>>
>>79165605
There's also the fact that Disney has shifted her to another project, namely the GitS movie.
>>
>>79126131
>No more mutants
It's what she wanted.
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 37
Thread DB ID: 440866



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.