[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's Your Webcomic? #232

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 81

File: hows your webcomic.jpg (328KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
hows your webcomic.jpg
328KB, 750x750px
The No Edition Edition

Share your comic with others!
link your website and portfolio!
Comment and critique others work!
>>
File: pixars 22 rules of storytelling.png (871KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
pixars 22 rules of storytelling.png
871KB, 612x792px
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
http://www.myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
http://www.quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: http://senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: http://www.shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
http://www.pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>*-Finally, here are some links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: https://www.tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: http://pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>*-Here’s the contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>*-We also got a SKYPE CHAT room going on,
To join the chat, seek out 'scribblehatch' or 'starlinemike' and they'll add you in.

>Wise embedded words from John Cleese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qby0ed4aVpo

>Invisible Ink:
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
http://chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
https://web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>(NEW!) Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
http://www.blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
http://www.cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
>>
File: 324sd.png (12KB, 204x400px) Image search: [Google]
324sd.png
12KB, 204x400px
>>79120628
Perfectly executed, bravo.
>>
File: page 19 final 980px.png (1MB, 980x1517px) Image search: [Google]
page 19 final 980px.png
1MB, 980x1517px
Reposting my page from the latest update. The end of issue 1 draws near! What do you guys think?
>>
>>79121002
do you have a site where you post it all? it looks nice i want to read the rest
>>
File: 001.png (4MB, 875x1517px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
4MB, 875x1517px
I have a question for all you webcomicers who are at the beginner level. How do you encourage yourself to press on despite a crippling awareness of your own lack of ability?

I've just started working on a comic - here is the first page. I feel embarrassed just sharing it. I'm 25 years old and I feel that this is the sort of thing you'd expect a teenager to make. But paradoxically I I feel a little proud of it because it's the result of me managing to get off my arse and actually complete a comic for once.

I don't want to stop making it, because as I see it making a comic will serve as good art/writing practise so that in the future I might possibly be able to create a decent comic.I just wanna know how you manage to stay motivated despite being aware that your work isn't good.
>>
>>79121954
You're looking at the wrong problem here. The issue is not with the level of your art, it's with your low self-esteem. Fix that instead.
>>
>>79121954
If you want to keep it as a hobby just post your things for your own fun, do it just to please yourself.

If you're serious, it's going to be a long term thing. Post your stuff and process the negative feedback, improve your technique by drawing challenging things every day, keep a healthy lifestyle while you work hard or you're gonna break down. Do research and always look at your things with a critical eye. It it doesn't wear you down you're not doing it right.

You'll get to a point where you either quit to avoid going nuts or you power through, and that's just where you start taking it seriously. After that point it's somewhat easier because you can't get off the train, so it quickly becomes your daily routine.
>>
>>79121954
im pretty new too webcomics myself and even if i feel that a page or my work is bad compared to others i keep going with the idea that probably everyone who is doing great comics at the moment started this way with doubting their work and of course starting off is nerve wrecking but id prefer being nervous sometimes over regretting never doing it years later, plus its pretty fun too.

also i like your art it looks good too me i have no idea what kind of story its going to be though but im guessing a everyday life sort of thing
>>
>>79122008
If that truly is the case, how might one go about improving self-esteem?

>>79122040

>>79122077
Thank you, I appreciate the responses and will try to take the advice on board
Yes, it will be a slice-of-life comic I suppose, centred around the main characters and their insecurities.

Also to answer >>79121793
you wanna head over to http://miss-melee.com/
>>
File: 1453214192674-1612446517.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1453214192674-1612446517.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Sarahs clothes next chapter. Probably gonna go with the right.
>>
File: 145321428285570934563.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
145321428285570934563.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>79122462
And angels clothing
>>
File: farrahmyu.jpg (153KB, 403x737px) Image search: [Google]
farrahmyu.jpg
153KB, 403x737px
As an apology for confusing people, here's more super cute art.

I was still doing some worldbuilding from the last thread. I had a few more tidbits. By few, I mean a lot.

>Girl gets trapped in time loop
>Manages to break free from the radius of the loop.
>Forces her way into proper time and creates a paradox.
>Uses a Helena Nail (one of the nails that pierced Christ) to suppress her powers.
>The nail allows her to communicate with animal spirits including an eagle spirit.
>Wears eyepatch to hide the nail in her eye.
>Her actions end up creating two of her which puts a crack in Heaven, Hell, and Earth

Animal spirits are interesting in this world because of how important they are. If enough animals die, they create a composite soul. These souls are allowed to wander but if God or the Devil could claim them, it would tip the balance in either side's favor.
>>
Does anyone else have a fear of their webcomic becoming too popular and all the problems that come with it? I've only promoted mine a little bit in limited circles and the reception has been really strong, but I'm afraid to jump all in with advertising it because I'm too paranoid that it'll start snowballing in a way that I can't control.

Like getting an audience that's big enough to pay a living would be the goal, but what if you end up with a huge obnoxious fanbase and suddenly you can't even have a twitter or Tumblr without being hounded by fans and people who try to leech off your success.
>>
>>79123577
I imagine if anything most people here fear the opposite.
>>
>>79123577
id prefer an obnoxious fanbase who helps me pay the bills over nothing
>>
>>79123577
Yeah, that's why I didn't play the powerball last week. The idea of having hundreds of millions of dollars is terrifying. Ooo, boy, I sure hope that never happens.
>>
>>79123577
That's like going to the gym and worrying about becoming too buff.
That kind of thing doesn't happen without serious effort on your part.
>>
You know what I need? My own mentor. Some sensei who really knows what he's doing, look at a new page of mine and just tell me "this is wrong, this, this, this, this, and that." It's like I've got blinders on. I know my work is bad but where, how, and why remain mysteries to me. I respond well to instruction, and am always better for it, it just comes sporadically and rarely.

I remember a time when my roommates' friends visited and we all went out bowling. I hardly ever bowl, and the first half of the set I was getting gutterball after gutterball. I was starting to turn into a laughing stock. Then my roommate was like "Just take one step to the right, and remember to follow through on your swing." Finished the set with a turkey and a couple spares. That kind of thing happens all the time, all I need is being sent in the right direction.
>>
>>79124103
The problem is no one person knows it all. It's much better to receive constructive feedback from a variety of sources. You could start by uploading some of your art here for us to comment on.
>>
Quick /hyw/,
"Fantasy world with multiple gods" or "judgement of secret service member in a capeshit world"?
>>
File: 1453221238408-1612446517.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1453221238408-1612446517.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
More fasion. This time with annabeth.

Special thanks to Kevin Heart.
>>
>>79124276
Those are completely unrelated.
One's a setting premise, one's a plot.
>>
>>79124276
Multiple gods judging a secret service member in a fantasy capeshit world. I am being serious
>>
>>79124389
Well a fantasy world one is an open ended story. First arc will be a world war. After that it will go like conan stories
>>79124401
That is actually interesting
>>
>>79124229
The problem is that good advice here is very infrequent.
>>
>>79123577
I always dread taking a dump because I fear that what comes out is an enormous solid chunk of gold that'll tear up my ass.
>>
>>79124661
Don't you hate it when you can't sit down for like ten minutes afterwards?
>>
>>79124573
Better to get some from us than none at all.

And you don't just have to post your stuff on 4chan
>>
>>79124573
Really? I always feel like the advice in these threads is better than whatever drivel was dished at me when I took art classes run by people who touted themselves as "professionals".
>>
>>79124709
I could count the number of times I've been given practical advice on my fingers.
>>
>>79124768
Have you asked for it specifically?
I feel like a lot of people in these threads have gotten tired of giving advice to people who don't seem to want any.
>>
>>79124818
I don't ask specifically, no. Though every time I've gotten it I take it to heart and by the next page or two it's improved. Sometimes it takes me three or four pages if it's a tricky thing that takes me awhile to get the hang of.

I certainly don't come here for the camaraderie or because I think it's a good place to self-promote.
>>
>>79124895
Well, remember to ask.
The more specific the thing you want advice on, the better in my experience.
It shows that desire to improve AND gives people a better idea of what you're going for with your comic so they know if their advice is at all applicable to the comic you want to create.
>>
>>79122462
>frenchety outfit
this is not helping with how her german accent always sounds french in my head
those fishnets will be great practice for you to take lines really slowly and carefully and keep them parallel
>>
>>79124103
We'll all collectively help. just remember we aren't all right, but mostly in total averaged out we are.
>>
>>79125227
Not that guy, but the problem with specifically asking for help is that you'll get a bunch of answers from a bunch of people totally unqualified to give good answers. It's like they're drawn towards answering questions like moths to a flame. I don't know how many times I've gone to /ic/ to ask relatively straightforward questions, only to be inundated by bad responses from people who didn't even seem to understand the questions. It happens here too.

I don't know what the solution is.
>>
>>79124103
What's your comic?
>>
File: fishnet stockings.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fishnet stockings.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>79122462
Fishnet stockings are traditionally depicted as diamond/lozenge shaped; if they're square, as you've depicted them, they look like checked pants. There's no need to add further shading to them either.

As stated in >>79125716
> those fishnets will be great practice for you to take lines really slowly and carefully and keep them parallel
You'll be drawing parallel diagonal lines, around an irregular cylinder.
>>
>>79126054
Ah, ok, that's helpful, thank you for the advice!
>>
>>79125865
Well, dealing with bad advice is something you're gonna have to learn no matter what because everybody and their dog thinks they know what they want. Not to mention that because of their lack of perspective, the people least qualified to give advice are often the ones with the most certainty that they're qualified.

Just thank them for their time (even though they're wrong, they usually really are trying to help you the best they know how), say you'll take their advice into consideration and move on.
>>
>>79121954
Oh, it's another comic about a character with hilariously crippling self-esteem issues.
>>
>>79126497
I already said I don't think it's good so the only thing I can possibly do with this comment is take it as a compliment. Thank you
>>
>>79121954
2 things:
A,
you really think this is that bad? Have you seen the kind of shit that gets readers? Go look at Questionable Content for a bit. I can tell you're trying, which already puts you in a pretty good position.

B,
>But paradoxically I I feel a little proud of it because it's the result of me managing to get off my arse and actually complete a comic for once.
This isn't paradoxical at all. If comics were easy, everybody would do 'em. Getting off your arse IS worth feeling proud about, in and of itself.

>I just wanna know how you manage to stay motivated despite being aware that your work isn't good.
Don't focus on your position, focus on your vector. You don't have to be "good enough", you just have to be "better than yesterday".
Make your goal something process-oriented that you can control (like "I'm gonna draw a page every week and focus on improving"), rather than an external result that you can't control like "have everybody think my comic is awesome".
>>
>>79121954
There are two things that keep me going.

1. The muse has a story for me to tell, and no one will listen if I just wrote it novel format, so i've got to do this. You've got to obey the muse.

2. I think I've said this before, but beneath all the bad art and self-loathing and crying fits, there's an unwavering band of light telling me that if I keep doing this, one day I'll be good at it.
>>
>>79123577

Willing to bet that you have a long road ahead of you before that is something you need to worry about.
>>
>>79121954
Keep working and posting.

That feeling never (completely) goes away, it's not like you one day wake up and think "yeah this is going to work and i am the best shit ever".

It happens slowly.

How I did managed to stay motivated? I loved my comic. I loved doing comics.
>>
>>79127062
>>79127134
>>79127428

I'm going out now and haven't time to think of anything worthwhile to say in response but I appreciate your advices and will try to take it all on board. Knowing that others have/had similar feelings at the beginning helps me a lot.
>>
>>79121954

There are plenty of people who don't start doing a thing until later in life; we're not all shonen manga protagonists, teenagers yelling that they're going to be the very best at what they do. I think I only started making comics properly when I was about the same age as you.

> I feel a little proud of it because it's the result of me managing to get off my arse and actually complete a comic for once.
Focus on this. Finish what you start. Even if you don't think a page is particularly good, do what you can, finish it and move on to the next one.

You may think you're not very good today, but you will be better tomorrow. And you'll be better still next week. As long as you don't stop.

As for the strip itself:
- The perspective on some of the windows in panel 1 is a little wonky, but overall it's fine.
- The placement of the speech and thought balloons is ok. The line spacing could be a little narrower, and the balloons a little larger just to give the text some space, but otherwise there's no rookie mistakes that I can see.
- Panels 3 and 5: traditionally in comics lettering, serif capital i is only used for personal pronouns. "Is" and "It's" should have a non-serif capital i (I actually use a lowercase L as a substitute).
- You might want to stick a url at the bottom with the credit, eg "©2016 Joe Graham - www.joegraham.co.uk", so people can find your strip if they come across your page loose in the wild.
Otherwise, that's a fairly accomplished strip for a first page; keep going. Everyone here: keep going. Let's all make it together.

That first panel's so British, it's like where I live.

>>79126497
It doesn't matter that the story has been told before, it's how it's being told now that counts. "Ideas" on their own aren't worth anything; two people can execute the same basic idea in radically different ways. (See: every fairy tale adaptation ever.)
There's little point copying something that's already been said without bringing something new to it.
>>
>>79127552
I hope you die.
>>
>>79127982
Who hurt you, Anon? Who hurt you?
Sh-sh-shh, it's okay, it's okay, I'm here for you. Let it all out, I'm here.
>>
>>79128095
Hope you die too.
>>
>>79128120
>>79127982
well you're in luck, that's the only thing we can guarantee
>>
File: comixscape#143.png (507KB, 750x1139px) Image search: [Google]
comixscape#143.png
507KB, 750x1139px
Haven't posted in a bit, but here's the last Comixscape strip...
>>
File: comixscape#144.png (431KB, 750x1133px) Image search: [Google]
comixscape#144.png
431KB, 750x1133px
>>79128786
And the newest one I just uploaded! Might do me well to play with a few more quiet moments in the comic.
>>
>>79121954

Set goals and meet the goals with the understanding that there's no other way. Get your comic to 100 pages. Don't wait to be inspired or to feel good, just draw the pages until there is 100 of them. You'll feel good about meeting the goal at the end, and there'll be improvement if you pushed yourself over time.
>>
>thumb's on backwards

ah, dammit, I pulled a Dewd. It was an otherwise good hand too.
>>
I know that the old adage is that you will never be satisfied with your art and to just start your project NOW because you will never live up to your imagination anyway, but how do you get over that initial "just started drawing" hump where your art is objectively bad and not worth showing to people? It is really hard to stay motivated knowing that at this point any end result is gonna be shit I can't present to anyone because I simply haven't put in enough time yet.
>>
>>79130536
do practice comics first I guess, that you never plan to show to anyone? just draw nonsense or copy existing comics with your characters just as an exercise, then that way your 12th comic is your first.
>>
>>79130536
Same way you get over how your early studies look like trash. You're not doing it to win fame and renown, you're doing it to git gud and if people like parts of it hey that's just a bonus.
Don't make huge projects that will lock you down for years and years, though. Focus on smaller narratives until you have a better idea of what you're doing.
>>
>>79130536
I've noticed that when I look at my viewer count, and then look at my total pages viewed count, only about one in ten new viewers actually read the comic.

I wonder how many are turned off by the bad art I had when I started. Part of me is tempted to go back and redraw my early pages. Of course by the time I do that, I'll probably have improved a lot more. It's a conundrum.
>>
>>79130536
I can almost guarantee you that your art is not the worst art this thread has ever seen.
>>
wip bump
>>
File: p149.png (367KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
p149.png
367KB, 800x1200px
update

belongingtonobody.tumblr.com

also, don't know if anybody prefers it over tumblr, but I've started a comicfury account

http://resnullius.thecomicstrip.org/
>>
File: 16-09.png (1MB, 991x1484px) Image search: [Google]
16-09.png
1MB, 991x1484px
Next page is on the site.

It's always on the site.

http://www.chaosinthetropics.com/
>>
>>79132458
What's supposed to be going on with the glasses in the fourth panel?
>>
>>79132655
Slid down the face a bit?
>>
>>79132373
>Filename
always a good feeling!
>>79132451
flathead is looking really well drawn here. Good job. Birch's expressions are adorable. and that last panel is funny.
>>
>>79132458
>we sonic now
Kiki's gotta go fast
>>
>>79132897
But there doesn't appear to be anything stopping them from falling off her face?
>>
>>79133097
You're not wrong.
>>
>>79123156
Also, for anyone who missed it. Here are the links to the prequel comics to Preteen Demon.
>http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Elijah_and_Azuu/
It's a long read but establishes the world.
>http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/PreteenDemon/
Follows the demon kid on his first solo adventure.
>>79122477
Angel a cute. I should make a drawing of her later.
>>
>>79122477
How long till Angel breaks?
>>
>>79127982
Rest assured that one day I will!

>>79127938
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I was planning on sticking an URL there but I haven't gotten round to setting up a website yet
I'm glad it looks British, I wanted to convey the location without stating it outright.

>>79130536
Getting over that hump to finish my first comic took a bit of momentum - after beginning work on it, I had to force myself to keep at it without slowing enough to have time to consider why I'm bothering, shouldn't I spend another 6 months practising etc and get bogged down in my own negative thoughts. Still having trouble with the motivation though so take this advice with a hefty portion of salt

>>79130790
That's a trap a lot of artists fall into, the endless cycle of redrawing. Surely the time you would spend redrawing old stuff would be better spent making new stuff?
>>
File: revisit.png (31KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
revisit.png
31KB, 700x400px
Am I doing the callback right.

Boy
It's like it's the second of December, 2014 all over again.

It's a very happy coincidence that there was something vaguely poignant to quote in that ancient page.
>>
>>79133924
>Surely the time you would spend redrawing old stuff would be better spent making new stuff?

No doubt. It's painful to think of losing potential readers because of that early bad stuff.
>>
What music do you like to listen on while you draw, /hyw/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdzyBDQg0Hk
>>
>>79134096
I actually find that most music makes it too hard to concentrate because it keeps starting and stopping every few minutes, making it hard to get into the proper semi-hypnotic state.
My best work usually happens in silence.
>>
>>79133995
I dunno, don't most webcomics have bad stuff at the beginning of their archives? It's the latest strip that entices people into following your comic.

(I am assuming that your latest strip, not the first, is displayed on the homepage like most webcomics)
>>
>>79134096
I like to listen to music that gets me into the head of my characters. Listening to this repeatedly over the last few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZly12eGpNA

If I haven't got any particular character in mind, Ulrich Schnauss is a standby that keeps me productive. Kind of a dreamy sort of mood, how I envision my universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mk-SAyNKNk
>>
>>79134316
Yeah, but it's a serial. So they see the latest page, but immediately go to the first page to start the story.
>>
>>79134096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_k8UHvO02Q
>>
>>79134096
https://youtu.be/gSGk1bQ9rcU?t=356
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KocIL7w6m2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5T4YCxxbk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6E9WMM0vko
It's a bit all abound, but it gets me in the right headspace for the work. Hasn't failed me yet.
>>
>>79134096
Initial D kinda beat-pounding stuff.
>>79134308
unfortunately, this. so i don't often
>>
>>79135299
>Initial D kinda beat-pounding stuff.
Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
>>
>>79135368
yes. very yes.
>>
File: 0262.png (236KB, 350x1305px) Image search: [Google]
0262.png
236KB, 350x1305px
>>79134096
Today, I was in the mood for a good vidya OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jK6XXq2xg

Here's today's update, after the talk we had when I posted the WIP, I decided to leave the dialogue unchanged.
>>
>>79136009
>every gross old skank was once a cute loli
I really need to remember that
>>
>>79136009
>Crossing the tails

Why do you hate comics?
>>
>>79136137
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>79130790

You can go back and redraw the comic's early pages once you've finished it, if it's good enough by the end.

If not, you can just start a new comic, using the old viewership and your current skills as a foundation.

Of course, this'll never happen if you're doing one of those web-comics that are thousands of pages and take ten years to get to their ending.

The weird thing about webcomics is that most writers, even comic writers, don't just have one big project that either makes or breaks them.
>>
>>79136221
Not that guy, but it is a bit of a bother.
There's no reason the guy speaking first couldn't have been on the left side.
>>
>>79136274
Nah, it's a big project. Probably 300-400 pages by the time I decide to wrap it up. I guess by the time I'm ready to move on to the next I'll be a much better artist.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (74KB, 316x304px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
74KB, 316x304px
>>79136221
It's really not.
>>
>>79136137
>>79136305

They're pretty much next to a wall on her left/his right, switching the angles seemed like a paint, but I can work something out I guess.
>>
File: Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 1h30.png (335KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 1h30.png
335KB, 600x900px
Well, I probably can't get this page into an upload-worthy state within the next ~22 hours, but by Jove I'm going to give it a real shot.
>>
>>79136791
nvm the typos, I woke up not long ago.

>>79136704
That could work better than redrawing everything, I'll see what I can do.
>>
oh crumpcrackles you guys, I just discovered that the 'colorize' tool in photoshop instantly adapts to whatever color you had selected on your pen/whatever when you selected it
>>
>>79136137
or rather, NOT crossing the tails
it's something earthyfieldy doesnt always get right.. i prefer long trailing tails that cross over each other.
>>
>>79136822
that fuckin undead critter keeps getting more cool
>>
File: 0262-fix-001.png (62KB, 350x309px) Image search: [Google]
0262-fix-001.png
62KB, 350x309px
>>79136704
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been given a helpful tutorial to do better lettering, and I failed to pay them enough attention. Thanks again.

>>79137094
Ctrl+U? It can save lives.
>>
>>79137229
>and it has a shortcut
holy shit thanks!
>>
>>79137142
Guilty as charged.I need to get on with that anon that suggested to use Illustrator to make the balloons. I promised I'll look into that, and I still haven't.

>>79136822
As I always say; I love the see the step by step updates you make, so I'm always glad to see more.
>>
just re-did my website banner.

more interesting?
>>
>>79139332
I forget the old one. this is pretty nice though. like just the right balance of loose and organized
>>
File: raccoongirl-page21.png (312KB, 1176x1730px) Image search: [Google]
raccoongirl-page21.png
312KB, 1176x1730px
i havent posted a page here yet but ill try too when i remember, still at the starting stages so its pretty slow.

>>79139332
i like it
>>
>>79139627
not bein very unsuspicious in your civilian identity there cooners
>>
>>79139727
It's OK, she has a mask to conceal her identity.
>>
>>79139959
you just made me think what it would be like if a superhero was just irritatingly and egotistically into themselves and always acting as their biggest fan in regular-person-mode, so that it was SO obvious that people didnt believe it COULD be them
and then i realized that's what cartman did
>>
>>79130790
>>79136384

How bad are your early pages? Post one.

>>79139627
This looks neat I'll check it out.
>>
>>79139727
cooners is a cute name im going to use that at some point
>>79139959
this guy gets it
>>
File: 1.png (40KB, 997x545px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
40KB, 997x545px
It will be one year in two days for me, since I started my webcomic.

Time sure does flyyyyyy
>>
>>79141159
merry comicversary
>>
>>79141225

Merci ~
>>
>>79133847
Never.

Unless Joseph Smith literally came down from the heavens and said he made her as a joke.
>>
File: 1443622282875.png (181KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1443622282875.png
181KB, 640x360px
>mfw I just spent 2k on a cintiq and ergotron arm

That's it, I'm in this now. This is the beginning of a career. Hold me, /hyw/, I'm scared.
>>
>>79120628
So, fertility goddess guy, again.

>>79114618
>big ol' boobies obviously

....How big, /co/? Ample, buxom or cowtit?
>>
>>79141535
>beginning
sounds to me like you just started 2 grand behind the starting line
haha naw jk (but not really) but congrats! a tool like that, I hope you can do great things. At least whatever you do, you'll do it with a lot more ease and less awkwardness than the rest of us.
>>
>>79141553
Cowtit.
>>
>>79141553
teebeeaitch if they get above C i stop registering them as anything but 'too big'
>>
>>79141767
>2 grand behind the starting line
I'm gonna go kill myself until my tablet arrives
>>
>>79142139
naw naw i really am kidding. only an absolute flange considers monetary state to be the measure of an artist's progress

it is however the measure of a budget. just keep that in mind
>>
All i've got is a little four year old wacom bamboo connect.

Can't imagine why I'd need anything more. Then again I spent years on Sai, not realizing how much better Manga Studio was.
>>
>>79133557
yeah I'm not sure I'm gonna read the former, as it isn't hooking me, but the latter I am really enjoying. There's just.. a perfect balance here. I really care about these four.
>>
>>79142358
kek, ueah, it's all good. I just need to glue myself to that thing and make sure I really make the most of it. I think of it as an investment in my career, and hell, most people go tens of thousands of dollars in debt to get degrees they don't use, so I guess I should feel at ease spending only two.
>>
>>79143780
haha yeah.. tens.. it's not as if due to interest that 30k has become over 100k at this point.. no of course I didn't waste that money..
>>
Question for those of you with a currently running webcomic: Do/did you use multiple hosting sites or a main site plus one or more hosting sites to increase exposure?

I plan to launch a free webcomic version of the comic I am working on (which will be released on comixology), and I think I might use Tapastic to help build an audience as well as the comic's main page which will (at least initially) be a custom URL tumblr page, since I use tumblr for other blogs quite a bit already. But I wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this strategy.
>>
>>79144822
I think it's kind of sad that the internet has degenerated to the point that more websites means more exposure.. people can't just go to a normal website reliably anymore
all you're doing is splitting up your ad revenue and doubling the work you have to do AND the hosting you have to pay. essentially competing with yourself.
>>
>>79145041
Yeah that would be my concern is that it is fracturing the 'brand experience' for one, and increasing logistical complexity for another.

However, I should have clarified that by hosting I mean places like Tapastic that can be used for free. I think ignoring a place with pre-build community exposure could make for a slow start, but on the other hand might end up more limiting in the long run.

I guess to compare, does anyone run tumblr-only or self-built blogs/websites before gaining a decent following?
>>
File: 1452201042964.png (204KB, 415x280px) Image search: [Google]
1452201042964.png
204KB, 415x280px
>>79144355
J-just take your art and move to another country.
>>
File: page 22.png (905KB, 1125x1650px) Image search: [Google]
page 22.png
905KB, 1125x1650px
WIP of the final page of the chapter!
>>
File: 1452023597837.jpg (307KB, 719x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1452023597837.jpg
307KB, 719x1111px
What god do I have to sell my soul to to be able to do this digitally? I know this isn't digital, by the way.
>>
>>79147352
The Dark Gods Photoshop and Sketchbook Pro.
>>
File: 20160119.jpg (740KB, 900x1938px) Image search: [Google]
20160119.jpg
740KB, 900x1938px
actually kinda proud of this one.

amusingly, this almost wasn't done while it was still technically the 19th because I had to take a second to change the date from the 20th to the 19th when it became clear I would actually finish before midnight.. and also because I wanted to save the really nice '2' I drew for next time
fuck I hope nobody reads this one and neglected to read the previous one
>>
>>79147127
whoa, nurse pongel. nice look
might wanna keep an eye on starting too many dialogues in ar ow with 'ok' (i do the same with 'well')
veugly?
otherworldly is usually one word. a hyphen there would be fine.
society*
question your actions*
saying 'do to you if an agent like you' is a bit redundant. might wanna reword that. like 'what they might do to an agent like you that screws up'

also WHAAAAA what is going on? ponyangel has a secret life? fo reals?

oh and nice job coming up with creative things for her empty sleeve to do
>>
>>79147352
traditionally that would be a muse
but jesus loves you whether you can draw or not, anon

anyway try breaking it down! this artist actually makes it pretty obvious how each thing is done. I bet I could recreate this picture if I wanted to forge it. Why don't you do a quick practice in your preferred tool and see if you can get brush settings that look like those scribbles, blotches, etc
and if you're feeling too inferior, notice the irregular circles and the slight perspective error on the helmet. nofody's perbect.
>>
>>79147455
But how would I get that variable line opacity. All I know how to do is make black lines.
>>
>>79147768
not sure if i see varying opacity, but that's easy as pie to do.. you can set it so pressure sensitivity is assigned to opacity.
>>
>>79144822
I had my main comic on tumblr for many months. I didn't do any advertising. Only posted about it here. Only ended up with a couple dozen followers. Didn't know if it was poor visibility or I suck that bad. Got a comicfury account a couple weeks back and I've got a dozen new subscribers since then, and views growing pretty good. Except now I learned that taptastic has some pretty good features, and am left wondering if I should have gone there instead. Or open a third place? Comicfury seems to have a fairly limited audience as well. Even the really popular comics seem to have subscribers only in the hundreds.
>>
>>79143027
>>79133557
oh my fucking god I just got to page 88
You sly fucking bastard. I knew you had more in you than meets the eye. That was..
Is the sequel going to be this clever too? do I have that to look forward to?
>>
>>79148436
oh and I just went back to the previous thread and realized you were describing stuff back then too. so this comic was drawn by your husband but now you're doing the writing and the art for the sequel? shit if my wife turned out to be better than me like that i'm not sure if i'd feel upstaged or like i won the jackpot
>>
>>79121954
The quality of your comic doesn't depend on how old you are, it dépends on how much time you spend on it AND actually wanting to improve.
As long as you don't get complacent, your art will get better; hell, you'll have to resist the urge to go back and re-do the fisrt couple of pages.
Most comics don't start off good; hell, I think my comic is a 6-7/10 overall, but it's one of my proudest personal achievements. I think that's the case for many people here

>>79123577
Dude, I WANT my webcomic to get popular. This way I'll have a large audience to read my shitposting on the Twatter

>>79125865
Personally, I think some of my pages have turned out LOADS better thanks to advice I've gotten here. It's not so much about following everygthing that people sugest, but rather about people pointing out things you hadn't thought of

>>79134096
I usually either actually put on a SargonofAkkad or TotalBiscuit video. Their voices are very soothing, even if the things SoA talks about depress me a bit
>>
How far do you guys plan out your stories before you get down to the drawing?
>>
HI guys been seeing y'alls thread for a while and have started writing the story out I haven't gotten started on my characters yet

I wanted to thank y'all for giving me the courage to try and see if I can actually get my comic off the ground

been putting it off for too many years
>>
>>79149041
In my mind, I have the next 3-or-so story arcs panned out.

But writing-wise, I tend to plan 3 chapters ahead (including the chapter I'm currently working on). I feel that, I went further than that, I would become too dificults to change plots I don't like

>>79149138
We're all gonna make it bro!
>>
>>79149986

thank you
>>
>>79121954
Just keep it up and work hard. In a few years, you'll look back at what you're doing now and feel amazed at how much you've improved.
>>
Following on from what this guy said >>79148253 I would like to hear your opinions on which site to use to host a comic. What are the sites worth considering; comicfury, taptastic and tumblr have been mentioned so far, are there any others? What are their pros and cons?
>>
File: angel.jpg (279KB, 678x857px) Image search: [Google]
angel.jpg
279KB, 678x857px
I promised I'd draw Angel so here it is!

>>79143027
Yeah, the former was more for the worldbuilding. I feel like Preteen Demon 1 is a lot stronger because it's a lot more focused
>>79148436
>Is the sequel going to be this clever too? do I have that to look forward to?
I'm going to try my best to make it so, anon!
>>79148503
But yeah, I'm doing the writing and art for the sequel. My husband is the editor and has final say to keep things in character. We also met because of the comic.
>>79149138
Good luck, man!
>>
>>79141553
Depends if you're aiming to make them look sexy or ridiculous, and there's a point somewhere amongst the various sizes that you cross from one to the other. Anyone can draw big tits, but not everyone can draw tits that make you wanna reach into your screen and squeeze 'em.
>>
>>79123577
It's a common fear amongst artists that find their comfort level of creating and interacting and see sudden spikes of interest. There's many artists going through growing pains because streams that used to have a dozen viewers are now reaching triple digits, or there's so many e-mails or notifications they just have to step back. It's not really something you can step away from at that point though. Main thing would probably be to try to figure out where you specifically want to be and work towards growing your brand in that direction without overshooting it. Don't just keep ramping up promotion.

It's like cooking a good egg. If you leave it in the pan until it's done, by the time you get to enjoy the egg, it's overdone.
>>
>>79147721
Thanks for the typo fixes man.

And yeah, angel is part of a clan of doctors, because she wants to keep people alive.

But who is doctor stanford, and why did he take intrest of taking angel under his/her wing!? Keep reading to find out!
>>79150225
Super cute! Thanks!
>>
>>79150225
>arms
>two of them
>>
>>79121954
You are doing what few have. You are not climbing towards a goal. By doing something and showing it to us you are already standing on the tiny top of the mountain. You will fall many times and you will have to climb again and again. It's scary. Welcome to the world of being a creator.

Now about your comic: writing is 5/5. Illustration fits the genre, even less effort would be just fine because it a a personal story and simplicity fits that genre. So you could experiment with drawing with a more relaxed and confident attitude which I'm sure you will develop on your own once you have made more pages and gotten comfortable with the style you are going for. Overall nothing at all to criticize here, honestly. I enjoyed it and I really feel the anxiety popping out of the page -- in a good way. And I don't even suffer from the same problems as the character so good job on that.
>>
>>79151678
>writing is 5/5
No it isn't.
>>
>>79151798
Fine. It's not fucking Shakespeare. I just meant it works just fine so far. I'm comparing the quality to my expectations about Web comics in general and how it succeeds in doing what it appears to be trying to accomplish so far.
>>
>>79152196
>10/10 - it's okay
I wish people stopped doing this, it triggers my autism far too much.
>>
>>79147127

Do you type your stuff in word or anything that does spelling and grammar checks?
>>
>>79151678
>writing is 5/5
I'm flattered that you say that but I'd be the first to insist it's more of a 2. Own worst critic etc

>I really feel the anxiety popping out of the page -- in a good way. And I don't even suffer from the same problems as the character
I'm glad you said this. It's obvious to me what's happening on the page because I suffer from the same anxieties but I was worried other people wouldn't interpret it the same way.
>>
File: caruso.gif (722KB, 349x218px) Image search: [Google]
caruso.gif
722KB, 349x218px
>>79121002

She's so cute! Obviously the best waifu of this comic is Jackie.

>>79132451

Keep it up, happy to see your progress and using different panel layouts.

>>79128786
>>79128823

Great stuff as always!

>>79132458

Awesome page!
>>
>>79153741
So, how do you guys usually handle references in your webcomic? If you have any.

Are you more subtle with them, or blatant?

Little Bot definitely has blatant references, since it's a less serious comic. But I like to think I have some subtle references planned.
>>
>>79153912
For the most part no.

I just go off notes I wrote.
>>
>>79132458
Looks very nice! Almost professional.
>>
>>79154030
Yeah the numeric value isn't necessary there. The writing works/works is what I meant. I admire the subject you are tackling in the story. Not easy, but very much worth the try because I find it important.
>>
File: kevin027.jpg (1MB, 1275x1275px) Image search: [Google]
kevin027.jpg
1MB, 1275x1275px
Finally finished the new page.
>>
http://pastebin.com/MU7eFW2D

Hi guys, I want some critique and some feedback. I recently joined a writers group to help me with my story writing. But I wanted to share this with you as well. The group I joined are writing for Things like novels or screenplayS. So my work isn't written with too much detail, since I plan to turn this into a comic at some point. I hope this makes sense, if anyone has any questions, or things that i need to imrpove on, feel free to speak up.

Sorry if my writing is a bit messy, its my first time writing something like this for people to read.
>>
>>79156122
Great job as usual!

I was wondering if "dooon!" won't be lost on your readers, but then I remembered what your comic's title is.
>>
>>79151459
Hey man, it's not like Dewd is any better, or did you already forget Angel's armgate?
>>
>>79156774
You keep switching between 1st and 3rd person viewpoint.

If you're planning to use it as a script for a comic, you should probably break it up into pages and panels and text balloons - if you're going to have it be a prose story, you should really break it up into paragraphs.
You also have some really really long run-on sentences.

Keep it up, practice makes perfect.
>>
>>79157486

I'm going to draw this as a comic later, plus I havn't decided on how many panels and pages I want to do yet, so thats why I've written it like this. Plus I'm not entirely happy with the dialogue, so I might change it up as well. But yes I do intend to keep practicing.

I'm just not sure where to go from here. The group says that people have to bring in 1000 words to read, but they said a bit less was also fine. This is like 600 something words total. I have lots of ideas on where to go from here, but I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking maybe the hero goes to train with the girl, or maybe they find run into some bandits while going to a guild house after defeating the monster. I also want to introduce a villain that our hero will eventually have to defeat. This is part of why I joined a writing group. So many ideas, and not sure what I should do with them.

Also was there anything I could expeand upon? Like world building or setting characters?
>>
>>79157703
>Also was there anything I could expeand upon? Like world building or setting characters?
Anon you're only 600 words into your story, nobody gives a shit about your setting.

Now that you mention it, you should probably take the first two paragraphs about how the world turned into a weird RPG and ditch them entirely for now.

Start out simple - a guy is fighting a monster like he's trying to be the most cliche fantasy hero ever and then a girl comes and rescues him and they've got loads of personality to make the readers care about them and there's a fantasy story.
Then later, just as your readers are going "wait, isn't this really generic?" you reveal the truth of the setting, which puts the main character and his story so far in an entirely different light.
>>
>>79158003

That is how i originally wanted to do my story, but i thought i'd change things around a bit for the writing group, since some of them aren't too familiar with things like rpgs and mmo's. Plus I was thinking of having another characters show up as well in the beginning, so they would be a threesome.
>>
>>79154452

USE
WORD
SPELLCHECK
AND GRAMMAR CHECK
EVERYTHING
FOREVER
>>
>>79149041
a bunch of sentences and paragraphs that seem good. sometimes just lines of dialogue.
then right before drawing I have to sort them out into what seems the best order
>>79150225
dassa beautiful story
>>
>>79158099
In my experience and from all the advice I've heard from writers, nobody likes the intro crawl. If they're unfamiliar with rpgs and mmos, it's all the more important to get them to care about the characters and their objectives before you start boring them with your super cool setting idea.

I can't really comment on whether it's a good idea to add the other character. What's the point of having them in the team ?
>>
>>79151459
pff i'm sure it'll grow back
>>79154452
I've noticed a major improvement since you started doing that. Good job.
>>79154295
once in a while I worry mine are unsubtle, but it's just a dumb silly comic so it doesn't matter.
>>
>Have a good story idea that is predicated upon the setting.
>The more you question the logic and history of the setting the more it comes apart.
>The more I try to come up with a believable backstory to give credibility to the setting the more plot holes I make.

Writing is hard.
>>
>>79158352

I just wanted three friends who know each other fight monsters and have adventures together. The main hero is a newbie hero in training, the girl would later be revealed to be a child hood friend who know martial arts. And the third guy or girl would be a mage or a wizard. But maybe two characters to start off with is more than enough. I still have some time before the writers group meeting. So I'll make some changes.

Any ideas on where I should go after they defeat the monster? I was thinking they either run into some bandits, colelct quest rewards, or go through some kind of trraining montage.
>>
>>79158450
if the story relies on the setting, use the story to justify the setting
>>
>>79158470
to a store to sell its bits!
>>
>>79158470
Are you trying to write a comic? Or a video game?
>>
>>79158614

I'm trying to write a webcomic, and eventually get to drawing it. But it will be video game inspired, only the twist is the video game elements are in the real world. I posted a bit of my writing here if you are interested.

>>79156774

Its not the best, but feel free to give me critique
>>
>>79158470
>Any ideas on where I should go after they defeat the monster?

What's the reason they're fighting the monster in the first place? If they chanced upon it, I'd be curious to know what brings these two, alone, into a place* where running into giant monsters and getting eaten is a real danger. It must be something important.

*where the hell are they, anyway? The only thing you mention about the environment in the script is that there's a road and there's a rock on it.
>>
>>79158470
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun to write/draw, if you're not worried about being terribly original
>>
>>79158657

I was just thinking they kill the monster for some money and skin it later for parts, but maybe there could be a tresure or a rare item somewhere in the areat hat the monster is gaurding. They are either in a wasteland, or a rocky mountain area. Guess I frgot to mention that.
>>
>>79158655
>If you're interested

I'm not. I wish people would learn how to tell stories instead of "being inspired by video games."
>>
>>79158696
Okay, so they're there for money?
That's workable.
How about this: the girl is there because she knows there's a treasure in the area and she wants the money (why does she want money? Most people won't risk their lives for cash). The guy didn't know anything about the treasure - he just went there because he'd heard of the giant monster and wanted to kill it and have everyone think he was a super cool dude.
The girl's a bit weirded out by this, but goes along with it when he says she can have the money.
Anyway, once they get their hands on the treasure, for their next adventure, maybe they trek to the nearest town and try to find a buyer.
>>
>>79158901

I like that idea, thanks for the tips. Plus it opens up possibilities for some world building and itroducing some more characters. Plus I'll make changes to the stories intro like other people have mentioned.
>>
>>79158450
>>79158515
My main issue is that I want to keep the story simple by focusing on a small cast of characters is a singular location, but the way I have things set up will probably have people wondering "what's the rest of the planet like at this time" or "why don't they just go somewhere else". So to cover that point I have to come up with an entire world history that supports the idiosyncrasy and and isolation of the one place I want to focus on, which just makes things needlessly messy and complicated.

I would be more specific but I don't have a lot of it written out.
>>
File: 16-10.png (1MB, 991x1485px) Image search: [Google]
16-10.png
1MB, 991x1485px
Who the hell is Gydroid?

Who cries over a robot?

http://www.chaosinthetropics.com/
>>
File: lb.png (52KB, 224x212px) Image search: [Google]
lb.png
52KB, 224x212px
>>79159876
>Who cries over a robot?

What are you trying to say about robots?
>>
>>79158722
that's all art is or ever has been, man
>>
File: 1453321482389-1791805254.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1453321482389-1791805254.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>when you draw a cute character but don't know what to do with her.
>>
Might be renaming my main character, possibly. Something more fitting/interesting.
>>
>>79160276
background appearances!
>>
>>79160633
Good idea!
>>
>>79160276
Draw porn of her.
>>
>>79160962
That's the fans job.

But you do give me a good idea, which is that I could make her the star of the valentine's day special.
>>
>>79160962
I feel like this post would make a good banner for /co/
>>
Anything particularly wrong with the anatomy here? After working on something longer I need to wait up to a few days to spot mistakes myself.
>>
>>79161364
hard to say, it looks like the different parts are at different perspectives, but.. they DO have joints after all, so there's no reason they can't be. obviouisly the head is bent forward (and looks great). the upper arms and shoulders look quite odd to me, and I think the ribcage is too big for a girl her size. at least too big for her head and arms.
>>
>>79161364
It could be the perspective but her upper left arm looks too short to me. Shouldn't it finish somewhere below her ribcage?
>>
>>79161364
Trapezium's too far up the back of the neck for starters. That might be setting other things off as well, hard to tell.
>>
>>79161467
Consider her body like that of a moderate female bodybuilder. I don't have an exact model though, I should probably work on that first. I'd be grateful if you could pinpoint what exactly is odd because right now I can't see it (which is why I made the post in the first place).

>>79161476
It's a failed foreshortening. It was more failed before, but if you don't get what it's supposed to be, I guess it's still a nasty failure. Anyway, the hand is at a good height and I *think* the elbow is at good height now too, not exactly sure about its vertical positioning. Redrawing the upper arm properly would help, but I don't know how to do it at the moment.
>>
>>79161496
that's what it was. the trapezius is fine assuming her torso is being seen at a very aerial angle, but it's not.
>>
>>79161496
>>79161775
Thanks, I'll try correcting that.
>>
>>79159876
It's a nice page. I like everything about the art here. I'm concerned, though, are you introducing another character in this first chapter?
One of those "I exist to die" characters?

That sort of thing is more effective if the precious person/thing is set up before it's fucked up, and it's usually best put into play after the audience really gets a strong feeling for the character who is upset by these events. That way the audience feels the loss as well because they relate, instead of being detached from the situation.
>>
>>79160276
Why are her collarbones in her neck?
>>
>>79161908
You see, those aren't collarbones, those are obviously gills complementing her respiratory system and probably giving some superpowers too. You wouldn't draw collarbones in this place, would you?
>>
>>79161908
Oops!

Also, i forgot to mention that her name is Suzy
>>
>>79161959
Why are her shoulders in her armpits?
>>
File: page150.png (337KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
page150.png
337KB, 1000x1000px
>>79132451
>>
>>79161908
>>79161959

A couple of non-smartass tips for Dewd for when you're drawing "collarbones." Imagine your character wearing a necktie. They'll start at just about the spot where you'd imagine the knot. Now you're not really drawing the bones themselves, but that little depression the top of the bone makes. So while the collarbone extends all the way into the shoulder, you only draw that depression up to, about, that little dip at the top of the shoulder where the neck muscle meets the shoulder muscle, or the trapezius meets the deltoid, if you're learning your muscles.
>>
>>79162032
he's gonna feel like an idiot if this cover doesn't work
>>
So, I've been wanting to rename my character for awhile now, I thought I had a great, really fitting name, but I just found out that there's a character/pilot made with that same name.

Should I just go for it anyway? I was really happy with it, but don't wanna step on any toes.
>>
>>79162420
that's how you know it's such a good name
what was her name again? I kinda forgot but I remember it suiting her.
>>
>>79162515
Well her name WAS Nancy, but I didn't think it really fit who she was or said anything about what she did. I also named her after a high school crush years ago. So that name just feels very irrelevant now.

The new name I was thinking about that I really liked was Urchin. I thought it suited her really well, but then I found out that someone made a pilot for Nick with a character with the same name. Still might just go for it though, I like it a lot.
>>
File: panels.png (760KB, 775x821px) Image search: [Google]
panels.png
760KB, 775x821px
I wish I had the time to do these full color and shaded panels for every page. I bet I'd have more of a following if I could.
>>
>>79162782
there's a lot of people named urchin (usually dudes). i'd look up a foreign word for urchin
but yeah nancy suits the fuck out of her. it sounds sorta nice but at the same time it has the 'antsy' sound in it. no-underpantsy-nancy isn't fancy.
>>
>>79162900
Ehhh, I guess maybe? I just thought Urchin worked great since she's sort of a wandering vagabond character, smelly and dirty, so STREET URCHIN, but Urchin also fits with the sea-faring nature of the series. Also sounds like a cool punk rock band name. She's raised herself with no parents since she was a baby, so I was thinking she'd name herself something cool like that.

Plus I dunno, just a normal-ass name like Nancy just didn't seem all that interesting to me. It'd be like calling Ratchet and Clank George and Robert. A name like URCHIN packs more of a punch to me. Plus it's a weird name for a weird girl.
>>
>>79163032
maybe she can't spell so she thinks it's Urtchen or Irtchen.. that gives it uniqueness AND makes it look more like a girl's name akin to gretchen
just spitballin'
>>
>>79162155
Thanks. I'll start implementing that.

This character is gonna be THE background character, she's gonna be in the background of every setting.
>>
>>79163138
Oooooh, okay, that I like. Also works a bit more with the PUNK ROCK BAND NAME idea.
>>
File: Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 4h30.png (633KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 4h30.png
633KB, 600x900px
>>79136822
Welp. Oh well there's always tomorrow and now I've pretty much got it pinned down aside from the wording of some of the dialogue. I'll try and see if I can't work just as hard tomorrow.

>>79137182
>>79137589
Oh man I really need to hang around for longer after I post.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>79163370
>that feel when you just came up with some advice suddenly and realized it would work well, and the person you're giving it to agrees
wish I could get some of that. i have in the past. it's the best.
>>
>>79164319
>Oh man I really need to hang around for longer after I post.
can't tell you how many times i've intentionally stayed up a bit.. and considering how late I tend to post.. that's not a good idea. and then most of the time nobody has anything to say.
>>
Weird. Yesterday I posted a new page and I got a shitton of new views, and a couple of new followers. Today I post a new page, and I got like three new views total. I wonder what happened differently.
>>
>>79161297
Are you still going to do that Valentine's sex drive thing?
>>
File: Suzy.png (92KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Suzy.png
92KB, 600x800px
>>79165619
Yeah.

Weather or not there will be sex will be a surprise.

Also, Here's a full body shot of Suzy, She's Central American. This is probably all I'm gonna get out tonight.
>>
>>79120633

Finally, some source where I can make a kick ass story! But... I think I'm gonna need more than just those links:

I'm trying to do some research for my web comic that probably won't be released for a year, when I am ready to work on it . Sadly my research on: everything in the 1920s (from architecture to behaviors, to fasion), drawing landscapes, action poses, manga-style effects and hair styles, would leave me fruitless unless I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars since I am a stingy, lazy and unmotivated piece of shit. I'm pretty sure there is more to research than what I can think.
Also, I have yet to hone my art skills.

I am not discussing my comic for the sake of relation, reputation, and spoiler preservation

What's /co/'s advice?

I would love a Webcomic thread that posts research sources, especially pdf's of how-to books
>>
>>79166983
Move aside Sarah, I've found my new West Tree waifu.
>>
>>79166983
honduran girls are hot. i speak from experience. theyre fun as fuck to be with
>>
>>79167169
research doesn't cost a dime. just costs your time.
As for specifics, even if it's not the sme genre as yours, you should look up the research other things have done. look up the making-of books for videogames and stuff, and see what they did.. then you do the same, but for your setting instead
>>
>trying to do a complex pose with perspective
>character has nonstandard, inhuman anatomy

what do i do man i can't fuckin draw this page
>>
>>79167169
Yeah you don't need money for any of those things.

And spending money won't ameliorate your laziness any, even if you have it.
>>
>>79168875
break it up into different geometric shapes than the usual ones, my good man.
and do a lot of sketchstorming. the right line is just WAITING for you in that sketch, then you can isolate it.
>>
>>79168875
Put down some perspective lines.
Draw the basic gesture.
Wrap the basic gesture.
Put in the skeleton, muscles and check the basic measurements and proportions
viola
>>
>>79161870
I will say this.

It is a robot. And by definition they really can't die.

As for the rest, I agree. This is a goofy way to do things.
>>
File: panels-2.png (639KB, 587x811px) Image search: [Google]
panels-2.png
639KB, 587x811px
>>79162810
And mostly finished. Gonna change the text in the text boxes. Dialogue doesn't read right yet.
>>
>>79169379
just a tipplydipple: don't mirror pupils. the shine is logically coming from the same side, so they should be copied instead.
not sure what kinda hairline that is either. might wanna look those up
>>
>>79169889
Ah, forgot to swap that shine to the other side. Thanks. The "hairline" is really just where she feels like it should be; she wears her 'hair' like its a hat - it just bonds to her scalp - and she can just reshape it with her hands like it was clay.

I pity anyone who attempts to cosplay her because her hairstyle should be nigh impossible to replicate with actual hair, no matter how much gel and spray is involved. It defies gravity, is arbitrarily thick and thin, begins past the usual hairline, requires an incredible amount of hair for volume and length, and curves in unnatural directions.
>>
>>79171001
ooohhhh shapeshifter hair. I dig it!

well to be fair most cosplayers suck at the hair part andi t's just understood you wont get it right
>>
>>79166983
>full body
>leaves out the feet
Dewd pls
>>
>>79171787
he started with a 600x800 canvas. there's something very satisfying about keeping that.
>>
File: 2016-01-21 00.55.56.jpg (633KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 00.55.56.jpg
633KB, 1280x960px
>tfw you manage to update semiregularly most of the year but then you hit and crash in December and don't pick up a pencil for 5 weeks
This should be a fun year.
At least I found a cheap live model class this Friday, that ought to kickstart my art drive for the year...
In the meantime have a shitty cellphone photo of next page's pencils. Here's some advice, kids: make sure you're not a complete hack before drawing a character with three horns surrounded by people.
>>
>>79172400
>a wild cheesasaurus wedge appears
get in the car
>>
>>79169379
I wouldn't worry so much about your dialogue, it's your expressions that don't read right. What kind of fucking face is she trying to make?
>>
>>79172485
Haughty and somewhat angry taunting.
>>
>>79172564
huh. i got 'pissed and sad on the verge of tears'
>>
File: 1451195487674.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451195487674.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>79172564
>>79172611
Really? I got "idly staring ahead into space whilst attempting to lick peanut butter from the roof of her mouth".
>>
>>79172738
nah she's definitely not doing that. her eyes are pinched tight but not closed, her eyebrows are pursed, and her tongue is low so I dunno where youre gettin pbutter from.. She looks like Suzy from game grumps trying to pretend she's mad
>>
>>79172611
It's meant to represent something like 'You're not going to actually hurt me but that you think that you can hurts; that you think I don't know you won't hurts too.' So anger, overconfidence, a little sadness, and some motherlyness mixed in.

I wasn't quite sure how to express all that myself - this was as close as I could imagine it.
>>
>>79172847
oh she's supposed to be insulted.. okay then, you want to add more incredulity to it. smaller pupils, more over the top anger and maybe a little sadness-slanting to the outer brow
>>
>>79172738
I got "The Mach Five is the most complex and ingenious car ever built; a tribute to my father's imagination, genius and technical skills! Boy I wish my long lost brother, Rex, were here to see my now, but wait, who's that right behind me, why it's the mysterious Racer X, I sure am glad that my little brother Spritle and his pet monkey Chim-Chim are safe in the stands with Mom and Pop and my sister Trixie this race is dangerous ho ho!"
>>
>>79172887
>sister trixie
not all good ships are wincest, anon
>>
Have you ever gotten a negative reaction to fanart?

David willis sperged out today when I made him fanart of Mary and I said I liked her.

Jeph Jaques joined in on the fun.
>>
File: workininpeace.png (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
workininpeace.png
414KB, 1920x1080px
The convention I slave at is over, hooray! First thing I do now that I'm home? Start workin' on comics. How's everyone doing in here tonight?
>>
>>79174386
Well I've gotten the "gee, thanks" sort of sarcastic responses. I do a lot less fanart than I used to.
>>
>>79174386
understandable, your art is shit
>>
>>79174386
hmm the worst fanart reaction i had was i drew a former internet friends ocs and they redrew the whole picture i drew and sent it back too me with a 'i did some improvements :)'
>>
>>79174541
Yeah, I only accept professional quality fanart.
>>
File: RNcoverart.png (380KB, 794x920px) Image search: [Google]
RNcoverart.png
380KB, 794x920px
Was giving strong consideration to getting a taptastic account. Figured I could use some new cover art.

How does this look?
>>
>>79174386
upsetting willis? you're doing god's work.
>>
>>79174457
I managed to get like 2 panels done today
and the longer I work on this one the more I feel like it's going to end up too short.
>>
>>79175982

Super cute, I love the color choices.
>>
>>79175982
very pretty. maybe a little mild shading is all i'd add.
>>
>>79174386
Well in case you didn't notice he's also getting bombarded with a bunch of other shit about her (I just saw something in the catalog about it otherwise I would know nothing about this). So he's probably a bit triggbrittled right now and didn't notice/believe your attention was benevolent in nature.
It's almost as if making a big controversial issue-y comic just to pander to progressives isn't a good idea if you don't want retaliation, mockery, and hurt feelings
>>
File: rncoverart2.png (397KB, 794x920px) Image search: [Google]
rncoverart2.png
397KB, 794x920px
>>79176162
thanks

>>79176197
how's that? I tried fuller, blended rendering but it really didn't work.
>>
>>79176520
nono that is exactly what I had in mind. Nice and subtle hard-edged shading. very good.
I also like how they aren't pure grayscale but slightly blue-green, only visible when you look at their white eyes. Great effect.
aaand now I miss Count Your Sheep
>>
>>79176509
>>79174386
It's one thing to say you like an antagonistic character but you were totally baiting him by saying "she's almost entirely in the right".

If you told J.K Rowling "I like Voldemort, he's really interesting" she'd probably appreciate it.

But if you told her "I like Voldemort, all those half-wizard kids should be killed!" she'd probably react differently.
>>
>>79176520
Perfect
>>
>>79176589
which they do (well more in regards to malfoy)
and she does

in this case though I thought you were supposed to side with this Mary. If not, then I guess Willis just fucked himself over in the most delicious way, by accidentally arguing the other side. I hate to gloat but I fucking adore when that happens. Star Trek had some fantastic ones, like the abortion episode where the crew mercilessly slaughters their clones in their sleep because 'muh body'
>>
File: 8nWF64M.png (203KB, 594x441px) Image search: [Google]
8nWF64M.png
203KB, 594x441px
>>79121954
Fuckin piece of looking shit manga got Yusuke Murata redraw the story and got a anime. A good story is what will get you far.
All art does is help capture initial interest but if the art style fits the story then you're in a way better start than a lot of people who you would consider as a "good artist".
Good art, bad art it's really all subjective anyways.
>>
>>79177273
>thinking the exception is the norm
No wonder there's so many shitty webcomics here.
>>
File: calm down pariya!.png (682KB, 976x628px) Image search: [Google]
calm down pariya!.png
682KB, 976x628px
what kind of comic book or manga paper do you guys use? and what size? I am debating whether to get it online or go to Blick art supplies store.

i'm also going to look around for a couple Palomino Blackwing 602s.

tips?
>>
>>79178491
>paper
what the fuck?
>>
>>79178522
that's right, I want to stop depending so much on the computer to push myself to understand illustration better. by working with actual mediums I can improve technique.

doing things on the computer only pushes me to be clean and stiff.
>>
>>79178491
>>79178596
Are either of these yours?

Do you have a tumblr?
>>
File: 2016-01-19-hopping.png (379KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19-hopping.png
379KB, 1000x333px
>>79176733
How could you not sympathize with her after this comic?
Thus is the one that made me make my firm decision to be on Mary's side.
>>
File: 14533769990372449672.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
14533769990372449672.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anyways, hey, Theres a trend going on in China where you put a pen underneath your boob.

It's a fun excersize to try. Be creative and see what you can fit under you character's booby.
>>
>>79179070
No matter how hard you try to shill and no matter how hard your friends and sockpuppets support your desire to stagnate artistically in favor of pumping out badly drawn comic pages, this is not sexy. You have neither skill or knowledge to make it look sexy or anything close to. Stop shitting up the thread and at least stick to your comic if you don't want to improve.
>>
Dewd, the greatest criticism I've ever heard of you goes like this.

You treat the form like a mass of hieroglyphics.

Well exemplified by how you've collar bone lines IN THE NECK.

You clearly just draw things in places because you've seen other drawings do them roughly that way. You don't actually know why the collarbone is the way it is.

And that's frustrating. Because you won't learn from this on broad terms. You've never learned from any lesson I've ever thrown at you.

It's maddening. You are artist blackface. You SHAME us.
>>
>>79179070
Please go and look at what things look like and then redraw this until it doesn't look terrible.
Did you ever go to a life drawing session like everyone told you you should?
>>
>tfw you have a group of characters you desperately want to use but you reset the story you were planning to use them in because you are not really sure what to do with them
istartedajokeoperaversion.MIDI
>>
>>79174386
>>79176509
>>79176589
>>79179011

You fuckers, you made me think I clicked on a DoA Thread instead.

>>79179070
Ugh, I read about it, but man, the saltiness in those articles. A friend baited me into doing something like this, so I lurked and found this is a thing...
Personally, I find it stupid, what whatever floats their boat, right?
>>
>>79169298
Excuse you, robots die in fiction all the time and it's really sad, you robophobe.
I'd point to Iron Giant if they didn't have the asspull "he's alive" at the end.
>>
>>79179668
Well, at least I'm trying to make it look sexy.
At least I'm trying at all.
I just wanted to do something fun with you guys. Geez.
>>79179733
But there weren't even any collarbone in that pic I just posted. Heck, I haven't posted any pictures with the new ways I do collarbones.
>>79179889
Yeah it was pretty salty, but I didn't really care about that part
>>
>>79179976
>But there weren't even any collarbone in that pic I just posted.
SHUT UP AND LEARN. HOLY SHIT
>>
File: character.png (354KB, 2264x1544px) Image search: [Google]
character.png
354KB, 2264x1544px
Ok guys, this is it, after putting it off for a whole 2 years, i'm gonna try to start a webcomic, has anyone tried to make a website using Project Wonderful? I'm thinkin of trying it out but i'm not 100% sure.
>>
File: 8.jpg (461KB, 776x983px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
461KB, 776x983px
>>79180542
i didn't know you could make WEBSITES with project wonderful

but i did you use to advertise and had "success" with that if that matters
>>
>>79180634
Ah, thats what I meant, my mistake. thanks!
>>
>>79179668
>sockpuppets

Oh, the irony.
>>
>>79181823
How is that ironic?
>>
>>79181962
Because of all the samefagging you do.
>>
>>79180542
Can't comment on the website stuff, but those characters look pretty neat.
>>
>>79181982
I'm not even him. Just asking how's that ironic and you assumed I'm that guy?

>There's only one guy that hates Dewd!
You just make me hate Dewd by proxy, you know that? Are Dewd's fans(assuming there is more than one) this retarded or it's just you?
>>
>>79182194
1. I find it hard to believe that more than one person can't see how much Dewd has improved over his time here.

2. I find it hard to believe that more than one person can go on at length bitching so hard about Dewd, without giving him one single piece of actually practical advice he can work with.

3. You say you're not that guy, then you do the exact same sort of whiny bitching, just like that guy. It's almost like distinctive handwriting with you.

4. Nobody but you cares so fucking much over such petty shit. Grow up. Watch your own shit for once, shitlord.
>>
>>79182249
Bravo! You finally revealed yourself, Dewd.

I knew it.
>>
>>79182249
We've given him plenty of practical advice he can work with. He continues to ignore it or make up excuses.
>>
>>79182400
I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about you.

You've never once given him practical advice, probably because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>79182480
You need to calm down.
>>
timely reminder:

don't reply to Bones
>>
File: 999.jpg (121KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
121KB, 400x400px
>>79182820
By now, I think Bones is the scapegoat for every little shit that happens here.
>>
>>79182897
Did you just happen to have a poorly made Bones-related macro sitting around on your desktop, anon?
>>
>>79157057
Thanks!
You know, I sometimes ask myself if the Kevin no Daibōken really was a smart idea and tried to backpaddle a lot by calling it "Kevin's Big Adventure", because I was afraid, that it would never become big with a name like that.
Then again, I think I just shouldn't give a fuck about that.
Kevin is a parody of shounen manga and it needs to be as weeaboo-ish as possible. I try to use japanese sound effects only if they're a reference to something, like the zawa zawa from Kaiji or the Dooon from One Piece.
I guess if people are repelled by that, they won't like anything else about Kevin either.

By the way, does anyone here know BlueToadComics?
They're pretty small, but they recently wrote a short article about KND:
http://bluetoadscomics.com/kevin-no-daiboken-webcomic-of-the-day/
That caught me a bit off-guard.
>>
>>79179070
I joined because my friend offered something good in return. You're alone in this stupid thing now.

I wanted to make anime beams for a while, kek, but I didn't make it beam-ish enough.

>>79183100
Checkin'. Also, with memegenerator, you can literally get anything you want done in mere seconds.
>>
>>79183496
I know they're easy to make, it's the "wanting" thing that's retarded.
>>
Hey, does anybody know of any free audio programs other than audacity?
>>79183496
hawt, where's the uncensored version?
>>
Holy shit Dewd.

Look at the damage you do by not learning.
>>
>>79184002
I'm learning little by little.
>>
>>79183689
Trust me, its not as good as you may think it is.

BTW, I meant to say "You're not alone..." but I guess in context it was easy to figure that out.
>>
>>79184062
You certainly are learning little.
>>
>>79178596
clean and stiff can be nice sometimes
also holy shit her neck
this is good though
>>
>>79180634
hahahaha
>>79182400
someone already mentioned the collarbones you sperm, he listened to it. you had to be an idiot and mention it again because you're THIS UPSET.
>>79184002
i mean this isn't even good trolling. it's like.. there isn't even a word for this kind of aimless virulent obsession. it's as if some retard from dewd's special retard school followed him here to scream at him. Like whenever Monk sees Harold Krenshaw, that guy from his group therapy, and loses his shit completely.
>>
>>79184437
It's not trolling, it's concern.

Which is quite the opposite.

Also I'm completely convinced you're dewd. Sockpuppeting.
>>
god dammit, new sticky. nobody talk to the guy that bitches at dewd.
>>
>>79184512
Hey I do t really know why your so concerned. I'm getting to a pretty good spot with my art and I'm only going upward from here.
>>
>>79184567
Shut up.
>>
>>79184581
>I'm getting to a pretty good spot with my art
Oh my god.
>>
>>79184581
that includes you. don't respond to it.
You've come a long way in the way of responding maturely to these people and not losing your shit, and that is great.. It was worth a try. but it has done nothing to stop them from shitposting, so at this point we just need to let the fire die out.
>>
>>79184630
>You've come a long way in the way
No he hasn't.

Not in this or any other department.
>>
>>79147127
>veugly
It's vaguely. Use Google Docs. It has spell check.
>>
Aww, c'mon guys, we're all friends here. Why can't we just be nice with one another?

Sometimes I feel like, everyone here thinks they're superior to the other folks here. Why do you take so much joy in putting others down, when you can simply learn from others mistakes as well? I mean, is it really that you are concerned about others success? Or is it just that you want to feel better bout your own work.

We should work together, not against one another. And that means to respect if people don't want critique. By now it should be clear not everyone here has the same idea of webcomics or the same standards. You know, I get that it can be annoying if you write, like, a long critique and it gets ignored. But the mature thing is to just leave it be and not answer those people you think don't need/ want your opinion. Because you'll only get passive aggressive, right? And it's a big waste of time.

Please?
>>
>>79184847
>And that means to respect if people don't want critique
Put your trip back on, Scribblehatch.
>>
>>79184875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtVteemLin4
>>
>>79184875
It's not Scribs. It's me, regular guy. I write Aeon Frontier.
>>
>>79184989
And, you're really not helping. I mean, I respect you, somehow, but you're always putting oil in the fire. I told you this is bad reputation.
>>
>>79184815
except I don't think 'vaguely' makes sense in that context.
>>
>>79160276
Make side stories.
>>
>>79185101
I literally did nothing. I've been spectating.

Quit blamin' me for the problems.
>>
>>79185197
yo scribs did you purge the webcomics chat of people who are inactive again or is there a new chat because I realized the other day that I'm not getting alerts for the webcomic lounge on skype anymore
>>
>And that means to respect if people don't want critique.
Dewd's never said he doesn't want critique. He says he's trying to improve. If I thought he wasn't genuine, I wouldn't even bother.

>>79183496
>ductape
Duct tape. Two words. Also isn't the girl on the left supposed to be black? She's got a super pointy nose.
>>
>>79185197
but if we can't use bones as a scapegoat who will we use??
>>
>>79185197
I'm not trying to blame you for anything. I just think your replies are more often then less contra-productive. No offense.
>>
>>79185246
>Dewd's never said he doesn't want critique. He says he's trying to improve. If I thought he wasn't genuine, I wouldn't even bother.

Um, yeah. If that's whatcha think, that's cool. I think it's good if you wanna help people who wanna improve out. Dunno what anon you are, just saying I don't get those who get (passive) aggressive over it.
>>
>>79184989
You just HAVE to reply, don't you? You're making not liking you ridiculously easy.
>>
>>79185117
Forgot to put your trip on The dewd.
>>
File: footsoldier.png (1MB, 1524x1400px) Image search: [Google]
footsoldier.png
1MB, 1524x1400px
Decided on the design of the main grunt soldier.
>>
>>79185244
Possibly?

You would've had to be inactive for 6+ months though.
>>
>>79185246
Yeah, I just realized that I I make the tip roundish, but it still comes out pointy. I already deleted the psd, so I don't think I'll be fixing it.
Thanks for the duct tape thing, I can't believe I messed that up considering I wasn't sure before typing and decided to look it up.
>>
>>79185452
>ogo. pogo.
>>
>>79185452
Oh man, that looks pretty rad, but wouldn't it be hard to draw those details over and over again? Personally I would simplify it a bit. Then again, I'm pretty lazy.
>>
>>79185505
oh and i was going to say this earlier but got distracted.. that's not duct tape. too narrow. unless there's a kind i'm not familiar with. that looks like medical tape
just a quibble
>>
>>79185548
Thanks, personally I like drawing the details but yeah, it'll be taxing when there's groups of them.
>>
>>79185549
Yeah, the pencils were duct tape, but I thought it was too thick for my needs and switched to the one I use for drawing, made of paper. Dunno how you yanks call them, prolly that's the medical. Thanks again! You deserve the uncensored version (?)

>>79185452
This looks absolutely rad!
>>
>>79185452
Is you main character a faceless grunt?
I have an unreasonable fondness for those.
>>
File: Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 7h02.png (702KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 7h02.png
702KB, 600x900px
now that I really look at it, I think I'll just leave him completely pale in the last panel. I don't think I can get the pink face to work.
>>
>>79185827
>one i use for drawing, made of paper
oh probably masking tape. but masking tape doesnt have that jagged edge (that comes from having a jagged metal cutter on the end of the dispenser) because you can just tear it.

anyway that's just a quibble. and yes please uncensored version
>>
>>79186239
https://discord.gg/0ckxsOeUFTpCR53u

Join the cool kids club.
>>
>>79186328
B-but that's not a hugbox where Scribblehatch ostracizes and bans people for not endlessly complimenting him.
>>
>>79186328
No thanks, I don't do chat.
>>
Is there any particular day of the week that's best to update your comic? I plan on updating mine once a week. Is there any rhyme or reason to the days people choose to update or should you just go with what suits you?
>>
>>79186428
I think most people prefer monday. it gives people the rest of the week to check, whenever THEY Feel like it.
>>
>>79186428
I guess people update on a fixed schedule (for the most part) to have a goal in mind, and a window to update that suits it well.
>>
>>79186284
That one. I made the jagged edge because the only scissor I have on hand is one that makes that stupid zigzagged shape, so the cut design stuck to my mind.

imgur.com/c5gP2Rl This pic made me realize I make the breasts too saggy, If I'm not consciously looking into it, I draw the breasts in the same shape my ex has, too saggy.
I need to study and practice different shapes. Selena's shouldn't sag that much.

In any case, I no longer have the PSD and whatever I want to change means re-scanning and painting from scratch. My friend got the pic, she asked for, so I no longer want to work on this one.
>>
>>79186428
I haven't noticed any difference in the numbers depending on the specific day I update.
If you've got a day job, monday is probably best because it lets you make up for it in the weekend if you fall behind during the working week.
>>
>>79186516
you have crinkle cut scissors just ... around you? that's adorable.
anyway, lovely boobs. my girl type pals have told/shown me that they have firmer days and more flaccid days depending on time of the month, diet, health, etc. So that's probably fine.
>>
There's some kind of pun you can do on coptic - optic. egyptians put eyes on everything. come up with something. that's a free half of a pun for you, /hyw/
>>
>>79186759
They're not pronounced the same, though.
>>
>>79186516
You should get laid more often. Nothing like an in depth anatomy study.
>>
>>79154506
Aah didn't see this comment before.

>Almost professional
Yeahhh. I know what this means. It has these flaws piddling about that makes it hard to take the pages completely serious.

Flaws which come about from me wanting to produce many pages, as quick as possible, unwilling to compromise the pacing of the story itself, which I get the odd complaint about from time to time, but disagree with.

If you have any really in-depth gripes you'd like to tell me, please send em to [email protected]

Despite what you may have heard, I don't lash back at criticism.
>>
File: Leslie Pin up 4.png (384KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
Leslie Pin up 4.png
384KB, 600x857px
>>79186649
The thing with the scissor is that the others are still packed. I rented a friend's room in his house after I separated from my ex a year ago, and decided to unpack the minimum necessary to avoid making a mess and make easier moving out when it happens. That scissor was the only one I could fin without opening tons of unlabeled boxes I have on me now.
I could cut it with my hands, being made of paper, but eh, this is faster.

>>79186428
I aimed for Mon and Fri because those were the days were I usually get more traffic, but with delays and such, I decided to update whenever I have something done. I need to wrap up my current chapter by June if possible.

I'm not sure I showed this one. I've been trying Painter lately, after that seminar I took last year. This one progresses slowly, but I'm hoping to apply all I learned in this pic soon.
>>
>>79186816
I've only ever heard coptic said out loud once and they said it like kahptic. I mean maybe the copts put more O in there in the way the brits do with 'caught' but presumably they would with optic too.
>>
>>79186830
ahhhh livin' outta boxes. yeah i've been there. good luck with that
>loose tanktop and bike shorts pinup
you've been going through my wishbrains again haven't you
>>
>>79186823
>Despite what you may have heard, I don't lash back at criticism.
LOL
>>
>>79182249
>1. I find it hard to believe that more than one person can't see how much Dewd has improved over his time here.
Yes, on a 1 to 100 scale he approximately went from 3 to 12. Four times better, certainly sounds impressive, except it's still 12 out of 100. It's still shit, it just smells less.
If you believe he's so good he doesn't have to face critique, why not encourage him to go to some more civilized community? How about conceptart.org? Go ahead, they have a big art critique section on their forums. Let him post there, where no anonymous 4chan haters dwell, let's see how that goes.

>2. I find it hard to believe that more than one person can go on at length bitching so hard about Dewd, without giving him one single piece of actually practical advice he can work with.
Why would anyone give him any advice? He'll either completely ignore it or write a post faking interest then ignore the advice anyway, like he did so many times in the past.

>3. You say you're not that guy, then you do the exact same sort of whiny bitching, just like that guy. It's almost like distinctive handwriting with you.
I'd put my trip on so you can know only >>79179668 was mine and no other posts, not even the one you responded to, but I don't want you idiots, assuming you're not Dewd himself, to antagonize me when I post my own work just because I don't like what Dewd's doing.

>4. Nobody but you cares so fucking much over such petty shit. Grow up. Watch your own shit for once, shitlord.
I'm objectively better than him and with the way he ignores advice, it will stay like that for a long time even though he spends much more time on drawing than I do.
>>
god I'm lovin' this minus button. just cleans the thread right up
>>
>>79187031
>If you believe he's so good he doesn't have to face critique

I think he should get critique.

I think you ought to offer some, instead of just being a bitch.

>why would anybody give him advice

Why would anybody bitch about him, and then NOT give him advice? Oh that's right, because you're a bitch.

>I'm objectively better than him.

I'm calling you a liar. Put your name on and post your own art, or else we'll take that as a confession.
>>
Oh sweet, these threads are still going
Feels like a while since they first started
Glad to see people are still working towards their ideas
>>
>>79187122
it's just not helping, guy. this fucker has been around bitching for the better part of a year now. Nothing we say, nothing dewd does, will change it. Just ignore it and hide the post.
>>79187149
hi chickenscratch
>>
>>79187158
>I'm really a better artist, I swear
>post art? Oh no, that wouldn't help anything also I forgot it on another computer and my internet connection is broken

so you're a pussy?
>>
>>79187149
Yeah! Same. Do you have a webcomic or related project as well, anon? Or do you just like to check these threads out to see if anyone comes up with something cool?

Also don't mind some of the people here, you catched a bad time. 4chan, right? Haha.
>>
File: aw lawdy.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aw lawdy.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>[insert random steven universe reference]

And with that I cast this thread to the fire
>>
>>79186941
C'mon bruddah.

Be a pal.
>>
>>79187215
I'm kinda in the; 'got a bunch of ideas for stories, but don't know where to start' phase
I'm going to make 2016 the year I get the damn thing out

Nothing I haven't seen in these threads before, I still remember the Zoe/ Bones incidents
>>
>>79186823
>Despite what you may have heard, I don't lash back at criticism.
wow, yes you do lol. You went bananas once when people thought it was weird your main character constantly had her tits out for no other reason than that it was "fun", and one time when someone gave you really long and in depth critique you asked them for compliments instead.
>>
File: Profiles all.png (373KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
Profiles all.png
373KB, 1000x618px
>>79187243
I've seen worse and pettier discussions in these threads totally unrelated to the matters of Webcomics and such.

I admit seeing this is saddening, but we done worse. Still, I haven't slept in over 30 hours, so it's time for my beauty sleep. I need to make an update for tomorrow, so I'll make sure to show ya when I have something done.

I feel like making some practices too.

In the meantime(.mp3), have one of the earliest designs I made for my characters. Proto-Selena looked really different Oh Em Gee!
>>
>>79187376
She certainly looks better now.
>>
>>79187243
It always happens toward the end of these threads. Best to let it run its course so a new one can be made
>>
>>79187357
Hm, maybe I can help you get the right idea? Only if you want to. I know it took me some time, but after a bit of brainstorming with a guy (that is now my co-author!) from the internet it all fell into places. Kinda.

So yeah, if you leave me your Skype or join the discord chat I can help you out. I'm Regular Person there.

If not, that's cool as well. General advise: Think about the very premise of the story. Why do you want to tell them? Are there similar stories? Does it fit in a genre? (It hopefully does.) And then think about what YOU enjoy reading in this type of narrative.

Like, for me it took a long while to figure out why I wanted to write adventure. My setting is western, but it's just the aesthetics and to be honest I could also set it in a Sci-Fi or Fantasy or modern setting - ah, sorry, I'm drifting off. I tend to do that. What I wanted to say is think about what you want to write and why. It sure helped me.
>>
>>79187362
Hm. That does sound like something you'd think I'd do.

But really tho, feedback is fine. Find weird whatever thing you like. Email works best tho. No character limit, or pseudo-rave party likely to happen via email.
>>
>>79187362
that's not really a lash. people who have problems with tits need bananas gone at them. I participated in some of the bananas.
>>
>>79187604
>Email works best tho
Yeah, can't have the plebeian masses finding out that some people have issues with your work!
>>
>>79187660
Again, I have to give you that this does sound like something you think I'd think.
>>
>>79187362
Got a screencap?
>>
i need to come back to this.

And Finish my job.
>>
>>79187703
I wonder if anyone really was so obnoxious to save this stuff and/ or go back and nitpick posts. You guys are really killing me sometimes.
>>
>>79187755
If somebody's going to drag up an accusation a long time after an alleged offense, he'd better be able to back it up.

This is kind of like the guy who's "a better artist than Dewd" but mysteriously disappeared when asked to show his work.

It couldn't possibly be the same guy, could it? Ha ha, no.
>>
>>79187824
Oh look, Scribblehatch is posting anonymously again.
>>
File: 16-11.jpg (492KB, 985x1484px) Image search: [Google]
16-11.jpg
492KB, 985x1484px
On another note, I have updated my dooblydoo.

This isn't the update. This is yesterday's. Update 2.0 is at http://www.chaosinthetropics.com/
>>
I just posted and it didn't appear.

This is a test.
>>
>>79187122
>>79187176
>>79187824
I already gave you a reason why I'm not responding with a trip or with my art, which would have the same effect if you are around here often enough. It's not my fault you're failing reading comprehension.
>>
>>79187951
The fourth panel is cute.
>>
>>79188174
I comprehend the argument, I just know it's another lie.
>>
File: Page 046.png (311KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Page 046.png
311KB, 800x1200px
I didn't realize I never shared my latest page here.

I sort of had to rush on this page because of my work schedule. I'm not proud of the backgrounds. I'll probably revisit this page.

I am happy to have Little Bot white and blue again.
>>
>>79187824
But everyone knows Scribs is a bit autistic at times. Love him, but yeah.

Also it's not hard to be better than dewd. Sorry dewd, no offense. Love your stuff as well.

I mean, I'm against like, umm, whatcha call it again? An internet argument? Flamewar? I don't even know what the point is anymore, but backing anything up won't help, will it? Why can't we just all be friends??
>>
>>79187031
>I'm objectively better than him
While that's probably true, you don't have to flaunt about it.

That's all I have to say in this little debacle.
>>
>>79188237
If either those things are not only true, than obviously true, then it should be able to back them up with evidence.

>why can't we just all be friends?

Because you're a liar and a drama queen.
>>
>>79188505
What? Why are you attacking me?

Why would I even? How did I stumble into this? Like, I don't wanna research Scribblehatch's history. Also most of it is misunderstandings, not outright provocation.

Secondly I really like dewds work and have no desire to put him down, really. I mean, if you think his work is better than a lot of other stuff here, that's cool with me. I don't care.

This is the first time I replied to you. Please don't call me liar. (I might be a bit dramatic, though. I'm a lil puuumped today!)
>>
>>79187951
HHHHNNNGHHHH I never thought I'd get to see loli kiki but.. there she is.
>>
>>79188699
Well, 2nd time, counting that post. Sorry, bad at counting, haha. I meant I was not the one to initiate anything and I have no desire to be rude. I was just wondering.
>>
>>79188699
This is why you don't get into drama on image boards, bruv.
Errybody mad and attacking blindly.
>>
>>79187951
It's weird how despite being from a totally different dimension with different social mores and also one of them is a shark, these people's languages are so compatible they can even reliably use yiddish
>>
>>79188213
did he just lose his cool?
also i thought you posted this earlier..
>>
>>79188237
this guy gets it
>>79188505
you need to relax, bra. haven't you learned anything from what I'm sure has been a lifetime of argument? (how LONG a life I don't know, but I'm guessing not that long yet) Nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>79188699
If you don't like me calling you a liar, there's a very simple solution, stop lying.
>>
>>79188781
I will keep that in mind, thanks. And with this... I'm gonna sneak away I guess.

im so naive
>>
File: 1370580179592.png (165KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
1370580179592.png
165KB, 300x323px
>>79188802
https://youtu.be/M6o23CXz37M?t=6m4s
>>
>>79188824
Yeah, he got so startled the color drained from his face.

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted this page yet. Not here anyways.
>>
>>79188899
I have to wonder at how that works for a robot.
>>
>>79188863
hahaha yeah. he comes from an ancient japan dimension.
it's funny how whenever the 'other dimension' conceit is used to justify a crossover, it never occurs to anyone involved how clearly both of their universes are contrived in a way that tells good stories.
especially Turtles Forever. Any idiot with basic logic should have been able to extrapolate 'my god, we're fictional' because the sames and differences of each universe only make sense in that context.
>>
File: Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 8h30.png (750KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion Girls pg 58 wip 8h30.png
750KB, 600x900px
>>79186239
Okay I tried it out to see if I'd change my mind but this pink face idea looks pretty goofy right now.

Also goddammit I really thought I'd be able to finish this today. Argh.
>>
>>79190006
well the thing is it's by far the most vivid color in the entire page (possibly in your entire comic). Go more subtle with it, by a longshot. this guy already has a deathly pallor, i'd only raise his pinkness to a normal-for-most-people level
>>
>>79189245
Rest assured knowing there is definitely a scientific explanation. And it's definitely not something I just thought would be kind of funny.
>>
>>79190040
Well it is supposed to seem unnaturally vivid - going straight from "pale as a corpse" to "I'm gonna pop a blood vessel".

I don't know, it doesn't really seem better - maybe I'll frame it so it's not so jarring by having it happen on the next page.
Ugh, this is why I need a buffer.

>>79190325
Honestly when it comes to robots, "the designers were a bunch of nerds and thought it'd be a cool feature" is justification enough for me.
>>
Rate please:

ashitywebcomic.tumblr.com
>>
File: harumph.png (19KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
harumph.png
19KB, 700x400px
http://bug-quest.tumblr.com/post/137773145370/
How am I gonna weasel my way out of this writing corner THIS time?
stay tuned!
>>
Wellp I bought adspace here.

I'm skeptical about the good it'll do, but we'll see. I'll report my findings.
>>
>>79191245
11/10 would read again
>>
>>79191349
i really like your tumblr theme but i think the art is pretty poor
>>
>>79191661
ur attitude's pretty poor
>>
>>79191685
buurn! oh man, what a comeback! oh boy, apply cold water! man, you are sassy!
>>
>>79191725
Thanks
>>
>>79187951
just to get this out of the way

you are clearly influenced by OnePiece, arent you?

youre doing a great job anon
dont worry about the small things
sure some things dont look as solid as western comics
but its definitely on par with manga

one piece was never "perfect" in its art delivery
its just widely accepted because its popular

either way this is 10/10 stuff.

website?
>>
>>79191349
i love the backgrounds man they always look pretty sweet
>>
>>79191661
Let's see your art, anon.
>>
>>79190499
I still wouldnt make it so bubblegum-pink. i've seen people like that get super flushed and mad before and it's more orangey red with blotches of pale outside of the cheek-nose area. in fact flushing in general looks more sunburn-red than delicious-ham pink.
>>79190325
i mean you've established that these robots can just change color. obviously their flexible jointless outer covering has little pigment or display cells in it
>>
>>79191954
lets see yours, anon
>>
>>79191954
let's see yours, anon
>>
>>79191349
MOTH
HIPS
>>
>>79192012
I've already posted my art in this thread. I'll tell you which it is after you post yours.
>>
>>79191954
>>79192012
>>79192105
>>79192140

And you wonder why we're made fun of?
>>
>>79192262
Maybe YOU'RE made fun of, but not me.
>>
>>79192140
so have i. i'll tell you which when you tell me which.
>>
>>79191910
Whoa holy shit thanks for the attaboy, but..
>website?
I, um.. Look closer at the original post..?

Does this mean this is the only page you've seen?
>>
>>79192282
There is no fitting reaction image to convey my face, anon. Congratulations.

>>79192315
>Show me yours!
>Only if you show me yours!
>Show me yours first!
>No, you show first!

You wanna see mine? *wink wink ;)
>>
>>79191383
this is it. this is the day you become huge. prepare your anus
>>
>>79192282
I'm sure you are too anon its not like any of the artwork in this thread is any good.

Next you're gonna say you're Dewd.
>>
>>79192519
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 339x140px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 339x140px
>>79192485
Oh, dude.

I have such terrible news about online advertising now.

I am only trying it, just to be sure if it's this bad or not. From what I hear, you get more of the same, the more you pay for.
>>
>>79192519
>none of the artwork is any good

What's wrong with it?

Please redline.
>>
>>79192631
Okay, now you're just memeing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 425x143px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 425x143px
>>79192581
>9 cents per click
wew lad
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 340x143px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 340x143px
>>79192581
W
E
W
>>
>>79192581
most people aren't you
>>
>>79192747
>>79192784
I don't know either of these places that you went to do this.

Where do you go to get over 200k unique views for that low?

Was any of this recent?

>>79192829
This has always been true.
>>
>>79192944
I literally took those screencaps seconds before I posted them. Your ads are either terrible or you're advertising on the wrong sites.
>>
>>79192984
Right but where did you go to advertise?
>>
>>79193030
Wouldn't you like to know?
>>
File: 1367046343471.png (59KB, 554x403px) Image search: [Google]
1367046343471.png
59KB, 554x403px
>>79193201
Sure would.
>>
>>79193030
You gotta cater your stuff. Find more animu comics. Advertise there.
>>
>>79193262
Such as?

I mean, if you know of any offhand, that'd be rad.
>>
>>79193310
Project Wonderful has a very sophisticated search function.
>>
>>79193310
I don't like animu so you might have to do your own legwork son.
>>
Not sure why you won't namedrop >>79192747 or >>79192784 tho.

I mean I couldn't have personally murdered your ENTIRE family.
>>
>>79192944
I'm just saying, you have kickawesome anime shit going on, fantastic special effects, beautiful colors, awesome fights, and casual nudity.
that's the 'red noses and trannslesbians' of guaranteed fame with cool people like me. and i'm pretty sure there's lots of me.
>>
>>79193551
I figured out how to get that cost per click all on my own, you can too. Stop being autistic and do the work like I did.
>>
>>79193756
>Stop being autistic and do the work

Funny I just wanted to write the same. He could be A LOT more successful with his quality of work if he wasn't so incompetent in networking.
>>
File: wxIyhuy.png (26KB, 131x139px) Image search: [Google]
wxIyhuy.png
26KB, 131x139px
>>79193399
how helpful
>>
File: 1428291869013.png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1428291869013.png
61KB, 500x375px
>>79193756
Your ENTIRE family you say.

Well I'm sorry for your loss.

Why even speak up at all then? Just curious.
>>
>>79193824
Why on earth should someone else have to tell him where to advertise? I gave him advice. I'm not holding his goddamn hand through the whole process.
>>
>>79193939
>I gave him advice.
Nothing that literally everyone doesn't already know tho

>Be good at the thing you're trying to be good at!
>Do it relevantly!
>Figure things out!

I mean this all great general advice don't get me wrong.

But you could be mountains more helpful. What are you worried about? Do you think this yellow sun atmosphere will have an odd effect on me?
>>
>>79193939
your advice is common knowledge.

If you have nothing else to add, then shut the fuck up, dont act all high and mighty because you "helped".

why even talk if you're just gonna act superior and NOT help further?
>>
File: scribbleinanutshell.jpg (112KB, 778x371px) Image search: [Google]
scribbleinanutshell.jpg
112KB, 778x371px
>>79187824
Here ya go.
>>
>>79194026
If you can't figure something out like how to minimize your cost per click on Project Wonderful ads, you aren't cut out for webcomics.

It's not hard, it doesn't even take a lot of time, and you DON'T need anybody spoonfeeding your or holding your hand to do it. It really is easy, but you want to make it hard because you like to be difficult.
>>
>>79194403
>it's not hard
so you think he deliberately refused to do it? just to spite you? or did you think that saying "wew" is all it takes
>>
>>79194403
>It's not hard, it doesn't even take a lot of time

Neither does just, telling him.

but you clearly are talking out your ass, so you probably wouldn't know either
>>
>>79194403
Well I mean. It's not hard to figure out the Triple Tech in Chrono Trigger that does the most damage for the least amount of MP.

Not hard to figure out, but it does take a bit of time to deduce. Time only one person needs to waste. I could just tell my good friend what it is, to save him it, and make that fight against Mother Brain (not to be confused) winnable in one hit.

That triple tech is Triple Raid by the way. Crono/Frog/Robo. It's quite rad.

See, that was easy.

How is this so different?
>>
File: 03.jpg (276KB, 843x1185px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
276KB, 843x1185px
Is the sequence of reading the speech bubbles clear enough?
>>
>>79194653
sort of. having things move right to left is a little odd but not too bad.
>>
>>79194611
You need to take a break from /hyw/.
>>
>>79194653
What order is it supposed to be read? The balloons in the larger panel on top makes me want to read it second and ignore the close up of the face entirely.
>>
>>79194611
>Being a pleb who does whatever combination is "best".
Kek
>>
>>79194748
>>79195017
Well this is all rather disheartening but I suppose I'll manage.

Something very very happy just happened that made all this small potatoes. :'D And I mean JUST now.
>>
>>79195276
told you. was your anus prepared?
>>
>>79195331
No no, that ad comes up on saturday. And currently pends approval.
>>
>>79195481
anus
>>
>>79194892
So you got the order right. The panel layout might be a bit unfortunate; something to watch out for on the future pages.
>>
>>79195276
I was just making a joke, man.
It's not worth playing an RPG if you're gonna just look up the best skills.
>>
File: righteous.jpg (152KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
righteous.jpg
152KB, 500x448px
>>79195841
Ah I just sort of assumed you were the same guy as the other but that doesn't make any sense the more I'd think about it. Like why would anyone split into two posts and--

Ah whatever don't worry about. No cause for any measure of concern considering what just happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVjU7g6zWcw
>>
>>79195404
What does it mean?
>>
>>79196279
We are the Crystal Gems
We'll always save the day
And if you think we can't
We'll always find a way
We'll always find a way
We'll always find a way
That's why the people of this world believe in
Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl and Steven!
>>
>>79196502
it took a year for me to realize that song rhymed
>>
>>79196507
I... never noticed. Oh my god. Thanks, anon!

This is amazing! And ironically enough more interesting than most of the thread.

While watching SU I was wondering - I kinda like it, but what is it, that makes it so popular? Is there a recipe for stuff that's going to be successful with a broad audience on tumblr?

I personally would not mind catering 14 year old teens if it gets me somewhere and my stuff would be still good. What's the secret? Style? Storytelling? The character dynamics? Dialogue? Or something I'm completely overlooking?
>>
>>79196744
it's just cute. be cute. be quirky and fun. and include as much GOOD anime influence as you can
>>
>>79196799
Thanks for the fast reply! But... Are you sure that's enough? Does it make sense to rewrite make a work you already kinda planned through more light hearted and quirky? I mean, I love fun! It just seems to be what the show is at first glance. There has to be more to it, else a lot of webcomics here should've been more successful than they are.
>>
>>79197127
nah, if your work isnt cute then don't try to force it. forced-cute is shit.
What's YOUR comic about? whatever it is, I can give you advice on how to ape the success of others
>>
>>79197508
Oh, thanks for the offer, but I'm fine. It's not cute per say, but an endearing main character could benefit it. I'll work something out, maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. Don't worry, I won't force it if it doesn't fit. Can't go all cutesy anyway, but a little bit of adorableness in a not-so-adorable setting could actually be really fun to try. I'm like, going through a lot of drafts at the moment.
>>
>>79197894
right on man. just like little richard said. if it don't fit, don't force it. you can grease it, make it easy.
>>
File: p151.png (286KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p151.png
286KB, 1000x1000px
>>79162032
>>
That feel when you will never be good enough.
>>
>>79178760
first one is
rolandoortiz.tumblr.com
>>
>>79198149
Haha GOD DAMMIT.

I keep running into you every time I'm curious about really really good art in these threads.

I'm such a dope.
>>
File: oh.jpg (86KB, 582x662px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
86KB, 582x662px
>>79198752
ho? you follow my stuff? I really appreciate it anon!
>>
File: Game Night.png (486KB, 798x539px) Image search: [Google]
Game Night.png
486KB, 798x539px
The Sisters Updated: 4 pages.
http://thesisters-comic.com/
http://tapastic.com/episode/268674

Connor shows Jam and the Kids how to make a magical dirty bomb. Sammy's path to being a paladin is made clear. Chel's skills as a GM are under-appreciated. Dan's still king dick, and Craig is now on to Connor's little game.

Wish I could talk more. Life is sleeping pills, waiting for the next job to call, and considering going off to China to teach kids to speak English. Suburban hell.

Storytimed the comic last week, did pretty well. Got about 5 to 9 new followers overall (minimum of 5, maximum of 9; but that's nice). Think this week is the last week in the house, maybe half of next week. Time for the kids to get involved in the plot.

>>79121954
The only way to enter into any field is through trial and tribulation. You press on forward with the knowledge that someday you will be stronger, even if you must suffer along the way.

You're 25 years old, you're making something. It makes you proud because it is a physical representation of your effort and outcome, something you've done that others have not.

If you don't want to stop making things, that is a good start. Writing and art can always improve with time; and they will only rot if not practiced at. I stay motivated because I need that controlled struggle or else I'll just die on the inside.

>>79179011
I really wish Willis was better at writing. Considering his following, it bothers me how hamfisted everything from him always seems to be.

>>79179070
>Pen under boob.
I was always told this was a way to tell if you've transitioned from fat to obese. Kickstarted my rampant body image obsessions. I wish I had more time for it.

Fucking end of thread update. Goddamn I'm tired.
>>
File: dan[1].jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dan[1].jpg
16KB, 640x360px
>>79199746
>detective dan flannigan
Seeing a name spelled out like that.. can't help but chuckle. Hell, not even the last name, but just I'M DETECTIVE DAN

god dammit connor how do you so effectively keep making me almost like you, when early on before we knew the truth I hated your guts?
Jam's mini ponytail is fucking cute.
>>
File: Bust Some Punks.jpg (80KB, 385x513px) Image search: [Google]
Bust Some Punks.jpg
80KB, 385x513px
>>79199950
>Detective Dan
Sweet merciful Christ. That's programmed in there deep.
>>
File: page 22.png (1MB, 1125x1650px) Image search: [Google]
page 22.png
1MB, 1125x1650px
Finished this page! End of chapter!
Now all that's left is the epilouge!
>>
>>79200304
you misspelled vaguely a different way this time. and you didn't fix the 'society' typo.
oh and 'stanford's' should have an apostrophe.
i still don't understand how people can "need to talk vaguely".. I get that he's trying not to tip off the forces watching, but then he'd be more like "keep it vague"
>>
>>79200516
Alright, fixed those typos.

Also, He's a weird, creepy old wizard, of course he'll say things in weird ways.
>>
>>79200687
Is it fucking too hard for you to paste the text on wordpad or any program with spellcheck before you add them in your comic?

Hmmm. I wonder what excuses you're going to come up with.
>>
>>79200893
I don't have one. Sorry bub. Good night.
>>
>>79201046
https://www.google.com/docs/about/

Tadah.
>>
>>79201046
I'm speechless. You don't even put any tiny bit of effort into trying make your comic better.

If you really want a spellcheck, there are countless of them available to download for FREE.
>>
>>79201330
he's surrounded by post-it notes reminding him about homophones. that's something at least. let the kid sleep.
>>
>>79201330
>I'm speechless
We should be so lucky.
>>
>>79201442
Put your trip back on, Dewd. And go ask your sister how to stop being a shitty artist.
>>
somebody get a new thread ready plox
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.