[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>Aliens invade NYC >>Proof of intelligent life outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: Chitauri-aliens-avengers.jpg (81KB, 942x508px) Image search: [Google]
Chitauri-aliens-avengers.jpg
81KB, 942x508px
>>Aliens invade NYC
>>Proof of intelligent life outside Earth.
>>Never is addressed in any other MCU show or movie (not talking Guardians)
>>No crackpot conspirators
>>No scientists trying to find these lifeforms
>>No military trying to upgrade their tech to fight them if they come back.
>>The biggest game changer in human existence, and it's never discussed

Explain /co/!
>>
Have you heard of shawarma?
>>
>>79084001
Have you not watched agents of shield, daredevil, or Jessica jones? They mention the invasion a few times each. Agents of shield in pretty sure, whole first season is about finding stuff related to the invasion. And both captain America winter soldier and avengers 2 mentions it. Like a whole plot point in avengers two is that Von strucker who's base they invade at the beginning is all reversed alien tech from the invasion of chitauri.
>>
File: 1344840021480.jpg (548KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1344840021480.jpg
548KB, 5000x5000px
>>79084001
>No scientists trying to find these lifeforms
jane foster does no research at all into the kind of alternate dimensions these things come from

>No military trying to upgrade their tech to fight them if they come back
hydra did not directly use alien tech the enhance humans
tony stark did not directly use alien tech to build ultron
>Never is addressed in any other MCU show or movie
large plot points of Daredevil are not made possible because of the destruction in new york and kingpins taking advantage of it
>>
>>79084001
Alien life was proven in Thor 1, and SHIELD has been doing everything they can to squeeze the secrets out of whatever Asgardian & Chitauri tech they've gotten their hands on. The gun Coulson used on Loki in Avengers was reverse engineered from The Destroyer in Thor 1.
>>
>>79084183
>>79084186
They talk about it more like it was a battle than actual aliens coming down.
>>
>>79084001
The TV image montage post-battle in Avengers implied a huge amount of discussion regarding the effects that the aliens had. Plus the events of Thor confirmed alien existence prior and that was where we saw the military tech upgrade to counter them. Remember? That scene where Fury points at Thor and says that he's the reason they're going back to the Hydra workshop? As for "scientists trying to find these lifeforms" that's exactly why SHIELD upgraded Selvig and Foster to better digs. Remember how Barton referred to the tesseract as a door?
>>
>>79084001
it's not based on the real world

The mcu setting doesn't exist to address these issues, just as an excuse to get to the next big action scene.
>>
>>79084232
It was literally a battle by all definitions. Stop being a faggot, just because they didn't acknowledge it like you wanted to doesn't invalidate the fact that they did, numerous times, in almost everything you mentioned. Fag.
>>
>>79084333
Just saying Battle of New York over and over is not the same as realizing you're not alone in the universe.
>>
>>79084001

Except all of those things have been talked about and brought up in both movies and shows.
>>
>>79084368

They have literally spoken about aliens and gods-like biengs from other plants ever since.

They have adressed this. Multiple times.
>>
>>79084001

>I have never paid attention to any of the movies made since Avengers.
>>
>>79084001
>No military trying to upgrade their tech to fight them if they come back.

But that literally happens in that same movie.
>>
>>79084001

>Fury, why do you have tesseract powered superweapons?
>Because Thor proved aliens exist and we need stronger weapons to fight them.

It's literally in the same movie before the fucking aliens invade.
>>
>>79084001
Like every MCU movie talks about New York after Avengers.
>>
>>79084001
The world is really fucked up after Avengers, what are you talking about?
>>
>>79084001
Here's what bothers ME:

>People always mention how many people died in the Battle of New York in every other post-Avengers MCU work.
>No bodies or civilian deaths shown in the actual movie.
>>
>>79085176
>People suck off marvel by saying there was no large causalities in the big battle unlike Man of Steel
>The Netflix shows straight up say that there actually was
>>
>>79084232
I know right they see it like a riot or something heck not even terrorist level reaction.
>>
>>79085272
avengers failing to keep casualties to a minimum is just them being avengers
superman failing to keep casualties to the minimum makes him a failure of superman
>>
>>79085361
Which is entirely in character with the difference between DC and Marvel.

Marvel heroes are people trying to be gods.
DC heroes are gods trying to be people.

The bar for gods is much higher than the bar for just people.
>>
>>79085272
>Man of Steel bullshit out of nowhere

Calm down, DC guy

You're so defensive about that movie that you splerg out in an unrelated discussion
>>
>>79084001
MCU is a consequence free world
>>
>>79085176
Because The Avengers aren't Man of Murder. They saved everyone and there wasn't a single civilian casualty.
>>
Agent of SHIELD addresses all of those points

of course you had to watch it and no one would want to do that, but you can't say that they didn't
>>
>>79084001
>No military trying to upgrade their tech to fight them if they come back
wasn't this basically the plot of Avengers 2?
>>
>>79085272
>The Netflix shows is unaware of the fact that visual media should work on the "show don't tell" rule
Sure they said that Hells Kitchen was ruined but we didn't see any of it.
>>
>>79089663
Not that jewelry maker lady's mom from JJ.

Also, never said the Avengers killed anyone, the aliens did.
>>
>>79084403
yeah but its still shitty. 911 didnt involve aliens and that shit fucked the world right up m8
>>
>>79089732
>Sure they said that Hells Kitchen was ruined but we didn't see any of it.

Most of it had already been rebuilt or was in the process of being rebuilt. This is how Karen Page is tied to Kingpin in the story.

But I guess you won't be happy unless they go "WHAT IF ALIENS? AYY LMAO"
>>
>>79085361
but he did that lol
>>
>>79089812
Superman is supposed to be better than this

He really has no excuse for failure.
>>
>>79089838
It was his first day.
>>
>>79089804
How many months has there been between the start of Daredevil and the end of avengers?
>>
>>79084001
That was literally the plot of The Avengers.
>>
>>79089920
Avengers is 2012, Daredevil is early 2015

So, about 3 years
>>
>>79089866
and the kryptons build a planet altering device too that he had to stop all by himself. Superman was playing on Hard mode.

Avengers were a team consisting of a super genius with a super suit of armor, a literal god, a hulking man capable of destroying just about anything (including the bad god), a super secret best spy number 1, a sharp shooter and the backing of an elite top agency with a flying fortress vs 1 god and chump change army.
>>
>>79085272
But still nowhere near as many as in Metropolis. That city was fucking obliterated.
>>
File: Come At Me Bro.gif (246KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Come At Me Bro.gif
246KB, 400x300px
>>79085272
>Snyderfags will never stop playing the victim card

People suck off Avengers because no matter what, the Avengers actively saved civilians in multiple scenes.

In MoS, Superman didn't even try to minimize destruction, he was actively throwing Zod through buildings. Remember when he just casually moves out of the way of the tanker and lets it explode? He should have stopped it. People were right there. It's shit like that why they call him Man of Murder.

The only time he directly tried to save people was at the end with that forced as fuck necksnap scene, which is especially ridiculous given how graphic the violence was prior to that moment.

Also consider how realistic those falling buildings looked. In Avengers, everything was shot in a colorful, cartoonish way. It didn't feel like 911 was being recreated with super beings.
>>
>>79089970
I mean in universe, not in our time.
>>
>>79089991
So does he. Look up a timeline.
>>
>>79089991
Aside from the 6 month gap between Iron Man 1 and 2 (as well as The Incredible Hulk taking place at the same time as IM2), the "present day" MCU movies happen at roughly the same time as their release.
>>
>>79089790
Yeah my parent didn't get what the fuck they were referring to in DD and JJ since he doesnt watch capeshit movies. Thought it was some Civil War like event that did it. Hate how the writers have said that directly referring the ayyylmaos is too jarring.
>>
>>79089983
I nearly cried when he was flying up the beam. He tried so hard :(
>>
>>79090018
>>79090047
Seems that it does, then I can buy that they Rebuilt parts of New York in 3 years.
>>
>>79090051
It takes the focus off the current plot when you start talking at length about an alien invasion from a movie 4 years ago.

I don't understand why anyone needs to be spoofed exposition about old shit.
>>
File: i'm back.jpg (58KB, 1004x427px) Image search: [Google]
i'm back.jpg
58KB, 1004x427px
>>79090067
>I nearly cried when he was flying up the beam.

So did I.
>>
>>79089989
>muh 9/11
>>
>>79090563
I'm pretty sure Snyder said he was inspired by 9/11 imagery.
>>
>>79084001
That's the entire reason for the Helicarrier Armada in Winter Soldier?
>>
>>79084186
>>79084183
>anons post about it
>OP says no it doesn't count because i dont like how it was talked about
You're a fucking moron OP
>>
>>79084183
You also forgot that Item 48 or whatever short, the plot of which was literally "A couple finds a piece of leftover alien tech and uses it to commit crimes"
>>
>>79084001
pacing issues.
>>
File: BITCH PLEASE.png (294KB, 642x480px) Image search: [Google]
BITCH PLEASE.png
294KB, 642x480px
>>79084183
>>79093647
>you need to watch these series to understand why this movie was good!
>>
>>79094710
>a film isn't good unless it has micro-continuity
Do you legitimately have autism?
>>
>>79085361
>it's okay when Marvel does it
>>
>>79085361
>is just them being avengers
That makes the movie even worse, anon.
>>
>>79095171
Well, yes. A movie should be good enough to be enjoyed separately.
>>
>>79084001
>>>Aliens invade NYC
>>>Proof of intelligent life outside Earth.
>>>Never is addressed in any other MCU show or movie (not talking Guardians)
>>>No crackpot conspirators
We don't see toilets in the Marvel universe either but we know the exist.

>>>No scientists trying to find these lifeforms
See above

>>>No military trying to upgrade their tech to fight them if they come back.
Miltary is shown trying to upgrade their shit since Iron Man. Hell that is part of the plot half the MCU movies and all 3 IM.

>>>The biggest game changer in human existence, and it's never discussed

Netflix shows bring it up. End result is aliens blowing shit up doesn't change the fact you got a min wage job and your rent is due tomorrow.
>>
>>79096323
>Aliens blowing shit up doesn't change the fact you got a min wage job and your rent is due tomorrow.

Thats the funny part.

>>
>>79085272
The difference is that the avengers weren't destroying the buildings themselves unlike superman throwing zod into skysrapers causing them to collapse.
>>
Avengers tried to mitigate or reduce civillian casualties. It wasn't 100%. There was a scene cut from the movie where the aliens herded civilians into that bank, and the floor was already lined with ash and discarded objects (eyeglasses, rings, etc.) from the previous casualties.

But, that was cut. Too Grim. Would have fit perfectly into a DC movie though.
>>
>>79089663
There was a scene with people mourning the deceased on a news monitor when fury was talking to the higher ups your knowledge is flawed saintcloud!
>>
>>79094710
The movie ended after the Battle of New York. It didn't include (many) events that happened after it (the movie) ended, because that would be a narrative impossibility. Even epilogues end with the last pages of the book. As a standalone film, the Avengers holds up, and can be enjoyed with no additional media. The additional media can stand by itself, but exists in a shared universe, and makes passing reference to events which occur outside of itself.

This isn't hard to follow anon, you are on a comic book forum. You should have consumed media in the past that included text boxes with words to the effect of "* As seen in Justice League Annual #7"
>>
>>79085272
I have mixed opinions on Superman not saving anyone except for Lois in the MoS. On one hand, yeah it doesn't feel like a Superman movie if he's not saving people. However, it was his first fight with individuals who are more or less on supes level of power so he wasn't thinking about saving individuals, only on beating zod and his ppl. Itll def. be part of the plot of BvS talking about how he could've saved ppl or at least taken the fight to a remote Iocation.
>>
>>79097841
Zod was a bad "starter villain".

Should have given Supes a chance to get his feet wet with some character building engagements before " I WILL FIND HIM".
>>
>>79089983
You forgot Capt America faggot. Hes the coolest motherfucker in the show.
>>
>>79097880
That's what makes it interesting. Supes was as another anon said "playing on hard mode" and was completely out of his depth considering he just learned his potential a few days beforehand and didn't know how to control his power and didn't have experience enough to help prevent widespread destruction
>>
I feel like I should catch up with the TV shows, I've only seen the first season or two of Agents of Shield a while ago.

Wheres good to start? Should I just pick up with Agents of Shield?
>>
>>79098413
Literally only Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the other future netflix shows are worth watching.

Agents of Shield is so shockingly shit and the stuff it intrdouces really makes it hard to fit it within the MCU, and it will never be acknowledged. So it might as well not even be canon.

Agent Carter is just irrelevant.
>>
>>79098052
Yep. But "Hard mode" sucks as a narrative device when it's not properly established.

Imagine if someone had never played a platformer before, and you decided to explain the genre to them by giving them "I Want To Be The Guy", or "Kaizo Mario", or offering them a very high level of "Super Meat Boy".

That would probably turn them off the rest of the genre.

Which is why I'm not really a fan of the narrative and stylistic choices made in the movie. I like Superman, and retain a cautious optimism for DoJ, but MoS soured quickly.
>>
>>79098606
>Yep. But "Hard mode" sucks as a narrative device when it's not properly established

it was a figure of speech you ding dong.

Point of the post was to highlight the differences between the two.

super man was the under dog working all by himself and alone only having just recently discovered his powers versus literal warriors with his powers and a planet destroying machine

While avengers had every single advantage under the sun versus a bad guy only attacking a city.

Not that it makes any movie better than the other. But it's just to high light how idiotic the "superman destroyed the city" argument is.
>>
>>79098726
>avengers
>Having every advantage

Except numbers, resources, or prep time.

Iron Man came in with crippled armor, Hulk and Thor were AWOL, this left two "ordinary" humans and one Super Soldier to handle an invasion of hundreds that had been set up and pre planned by a entity with a physique like Thor, but smarter.

Thor arrived late. Hulk arrived even later, and even with the whole team together, the first thing they had to do was get Iron Man directly into the tower that Loki had claimed as his own. He had to stand with no defenses against the God of deception, and was only preserved by the grace of having a small circular chunk of metal & glass implanted in his sternum under his shirt, and a quip.

Then they had to bottleneck an advancing army, establish a perimeter, provide anti-air support... This was six people against hundreds. Not "one God and the entire US military vs. About three (relevant) other gods."

Also, didn't Zod's Bio-suit replicate the effects of being on Krypton inside itself? If that was true, why did Zod & co. have superpowers? Superman lost his powers on the ship, so, where did Zod's powers come from?
>>
>>79098508
But agent carter is enjoyable and is completely within the realm of possibility with the already canon events without actually changing anything.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.