[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first comic? Pic related was mine. I was 10 when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

What was your first comic?

Pic related was mine. I was 10 when the Bana Hulk movie came out and thought it was the coolest shit ever at the time and begged my dad to take me to the LCS near us and get a Hulk comic.
>>
>>79048351
Mines was Planet Hulk. I decided to read it after all the YouTube comments on the animated movie wouldn't shut about the book being better.
>>
File: based.jpg (18KB, 224x346px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
18KB, 224x346px
This was the first thing I bought, good long time ago, my city didn't even have a LCS then got it from a bookshop. because I like the cover,

these days Green Arrow is my tied favourite character (with Moon Knight)
>>
The first comics I ever got were all Heroes Reborn, the one where the Hulk tried to lift Thor's hammer, and there was also this Liefeld Captain America book where he and some black guy were getting beat up by some huge nazi.

And a story with the red and blue supermen.

My dad showed me some of the worst of the 90's and I still ended up reading comics.

It took a while though, I got a marvel unlimited subscription in 2009 and caught up to Heroic Age and then I would abandon comics again until the launch of the new 52, and I haven't left since, in 2014 I started reading Image,IDW, Oni, Valiant, Boom, Dynamite books, and last year with ANAD I went back to Marvel, unforunately most of it is shit.
>>
read some batman and ras thing with the lazarus pit when i was a kid, didnt start seriously reading until my 20's. ASM volume 1 issue 1
>>
>>79048351
My dad gave me his Iron Man and Spider-Man comics when I was 10 after the 1st Raimi Spider-man film came out. I don't remember which one it was, but it had mysterio on the cover.
>>
>>79048567
>got a marvel unlimited subscription
is that service worth it? when ever I get a sub of something I always feel obligated to use it as much as possible to get my moneys worth
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (63KB, 400x626px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
63KB, 400x626px
The FCBD edition. I didn't buy a comic until years later
>>
>>79048351
not sure about my FIRST first, but I can tell you the marvel/dc comics i owned/read as a kid
>reprints of old 60s spider-man including the one where he shrinks to subatomic and the one where he fights the lizard in the everglades
>part of the maximum clonage saga, in which ben fights off a bunch of spider-clones and talks to the jackal and gwen and not much happens
>a comic where spider-man "fights" the juggernaut because some kid is messing with him, but juggy just wants to transport a wrapped-up sword. nothing happens in the end.
>a comic where wolverine and cannonball are drinking in a bar and cannonball drunkenly fights juggernaut when he shows up, and wolverine threatens him and the juggernaut is just like 'meh whatever' and nothing happens
>a superman comic from the 90s. I literally remember nothing about it
>a big x-men comic involving storm fighting marrow in which many little snippets of sideplots happen that don't matter at all (colossus traveling magically with callisto, spyne showing up somewhere to smash things, etc)
aaaand pretty sure that's it.
>>
>>79048713
hmm an all ages Spidey series that starts off with an issue about Vulture, that seems bold.

if I asked all my friends to name Spider-Man villains I can only think of one who would mention Vulture
>>
>>79048762
honestly I don't know the quality of the series, since I got it on Free Comic Book Day and didn't touch another comic until years after. I'm not a big Spider-man fan nowadays, but maybe other anons can speak to its quality.

I agree that Vulture isn't well-known; that's probably 90% due to the movies.
>>
>>79048702
I'd say they fuck up a lot of old comics with digital coloring, you're better off downloading scans for silver and bronze age comics.
>>
Some alpha flight book where sasquatch fought wendigo and the infinity gauntlet story where thanos breaks open spidermans head with a rock or was that girl thanos? Anyways, thanks you based thrift stores for giving a poor lil nigga this piff
>>
File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_7.jpg (54KB, 400x612px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_7.jpg
54KB, 400x612px
I mean, the first on i bought
>>
>>79048954
>digital coloring
ugh, why? I am reading a load of old punisher comics from the 80s on my Kindle at the moment and the way it was coloured is part of its charm
>>
The Life and Times of Scrooge Mc Duck
Gifted to me by my father, still have it on my shelf, still read it toghether with him every year on his birthday. I love my dad.
>>
JLA #3 and Batman and Superman adventures are the first comics I remember buying.
>>
The Ultimates.
>>
Venom number 1 that came with an action figure. Take me back /co/
>>
File: 038.jpg (94KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
94KB, 484x750px
Back when grocery stores still carried comics, I found the issue of Ultimate Spider-Man where Peter and Venom fight it out in the rain. Thought it was epic as fuck. Still working on building an actual collection.
>>
>>79050192
>Still working on building an actual collection.
I did that with Justice Society bought an issue in 2007 because it crossed with Justice League so I started buying that as well and searching out the earlier issues
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 600x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 600x933px
Got it as a hand-out at a mall event when I was 7 years old.
>>
>>79049051
Reminds me growing up. In elementary school my Friend sold comics. He would go home with $50 (and up) bucks in his pocket. I remember reading ultimate comics on the school bus, him telling kids "oh yeah that's issue 1. That's going to be a lot of money some day."

Still friends
>>
File: RobocopVTerminatorComic1.jpg (47KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
RobocopVTerminatorComic1.jpg
47KB, 300x465px
>>79048351
My first comic was because my dad felt bad buying baseball cards for my brother and nothing for me. A table at the far end of the card show had a box of comics and my dad got me 3: X-Men (vol. 2) #1A, Robocop vs the Terminator #1 and I forgot the third one.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.