[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is TTGo a good show? http://strawpoll.me/6559986

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

Is TTGo a good show?

http://strawpoll.me/6559986
>>
It's okay in small doses. Ruined by the fact that CN marathons it 24/7
>>
>>79048260
It'd be better if it was more focused on subverting superhero tropes (or the individual characters) instead of "DUDE, MEATBALLS PARTY LMAO"
>>
IT'S YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW!
>>
>>79048655
It does subvert tropes and focus on the characters. You're clearly just focusing on the surface of a few select episodes.
>>
File: actualjokefromtheshow.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
actualjokefromtheshow.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>79048260
little kids love it to death, and rightfully so: it is very colorful, fast moving, and has simple humor that they would love.

The problem comes from the fact that CN airs it like crazy, and a few episodes seem almost dedicated to saying "you aren't allowed to like cartoons if you're over the age of twelve."

Which you aren't, but they shouldn't say that.
>>
>>79048754
>more
>>
File: 1448453407892.jpg (22KB, 364x431px) Image search: [Google]
1448453407892.jpg
22KB, 364x431px
>>79048768
Pic reminds me of
>OH WHOOPS WHAT'S THAT YOU SMELL

GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD
>>
>>79048517
This. I actually really liked it when it first came out just because it was so stupid. But it got old pretty quick. I haven't seen a new episode in forever. It takes up prime Clarence/SU/gumball time.
>>
>>79048782
Man there's only a few episodes that have any kind of "random" humor or cuh-razy situations brought on for no reason. The ones that actually focus on the characters and/or subvert tropes far outweigh those. In fact recently they've been on a spree of tropebashing episodes. Others just conform to a trope, like the "flashback episode" recently and the "Scooby Doo parody episode" that's airing two weeks from now.
>>
It's not bad, but when it comes time to address criticism, I've never seen a show get so butthurt.
>>
How come everytime they show the Titans as old people, why is Beast Boy a jew?
>>
>>79048517
This. It's got shit episodes but when it wants to be it's pretty damn funny. It's definitely aired way too much, though.
>>
It was a cute concept, but it overstayed its welcome. Can't blame them for the ratings they get, though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (765KB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
765KB, 4096x2304px
It's a good show.
It goes back to the true roots of comic books, campy silly fun.

I just realised how much big hero 6 resembles it.
>>
>and a few episodes seem almost dedicated to saying "you aren't allowed to like cartoons if you're over the age of twelve."

They're kind of right
>>
>>79049001
To me it's not only about the general theme or plot of the episode, because that way it'd be easy to name a number of episodes that are supposedly doing good comedy. For example, the episode about pizza, i thought it was good, it was making fun of TMNT tropes, right? But then the punchline became "nothing matters 'cuz the Titans are crazy XD" and the randumb dance started, it's fucking stupid

But i'll admit i did not watch the entire thing, probably not even half, so i guess it's not my role to judge. What is it, 126 episodes or something? Jesus
>>
>>79048517
This. I liked season 1, but once they constantly shoved it in your face it was really easy to see how obnoxious it really is. Now I can't stand it.
>>
File: 1441271985024.gif (85KB, 450x523px) Image search: [Google]
1441271985024.gif
85KB, 450x523px
>>79049151
>It's a good show
>It goes back to the true roots of comic books, campy silly fun

Go isn't anything like that though, it's random humor at its absolute worst.
>>
File: TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg (226KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg
226KB, 1200x675px
>>79049606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
>Reminder that the show agrees with you that TTG is complete shit
>Reminder that on /co/ you hate it when you win an argument, and the show agreeing with you makes you win by a landslide
>>
>>79048260
Nope, it fucking sucks, it's annoying, /co/ has shit taste.
>>
>>79049678
I'm pretty sure that episode was another jab at people who hate change. That theme is becoming quite frequent. "The Return of Slade" (in the form of both the beginning joke and BB and Cyborg's attempts to make the clown into what they remembered him as), "Let's Get Serious", and this one. As well as scattered jokes in other episodes.
>>
File: teen titans bingo.jpg (698KB, 1342x1528px) Image search: [Google]
teen titans bingo.jpg
698KB, 1342x1528px
>>
I'm really pissed that I wasn't able to download the Scooby Doo episode while it was still up on the website and upload it to Mega. If that blunder happened to a more story-driven show the response would be madness.
>>
I'm really pissed I wasn't able to rip the Scooby Doo parody episode. If that happened to a story-driven show the response would be madness.
>>
>>79050212
Shit, I thought my post got deleted so I reposted it. Disregard this.

>captcha: select all images with waffles
WAFFLES
>>
Can anyone explain what's wrong with waffles?
>>
>>79049811
Hi, Ken.
>>
>>79050324
People who don't watch the show claim it proves that TTG is just le random humor show, not realizing the episode actively labeled that shit as annoying as hell.
>>
>>79050079
>no pieguyrulz
>>
>>79050566
>not realizing the episode actively labeled that shit as annoying as hell

I agree that people mention it too much, but what are you saying here, they were only pretending to be retarded?

No, seriously, how were they "actively" labeling is as annoying if they came up with the idea in the first place? Is it a reference to something else, is there a show or a movie somewhere that tried to make the audience laugh by repeating the word waffles 100 times so they wanted an ep to point out how stupid that is?
>>
>>79050566
But that's the problem, it was really fucking annoying for the audience too. The fact that the episode pointed out how annoying it was didn't make it less annoying.
>>
Occasionally funny episodes but most I find dull or annoying. Not the worst thing CN released, not in the slightest, but still more bad then good I feel.
>>
>>79050716
...you really don't see how they can deliberately make something seem annoying?
The point was that Beast Boy and Cyborg came up with a stupid game and the other Titans and Brother Blood found the repetition very annoying. It was presented as annoying.
>>
>>79050879
>Ok guys, here's the idea for a new ep: Cyborg and BB come up with something stupid. No, no, we don't want it to be funny, it has to be annoying, and the other characters will find it annoying, and the audience will find it annoying. We have to make an episode that unironically and purposefully tries to annoy everyone, and if people come to us and say "guys, that was annoying" we'll say "yes, yes it is"
>>
>>79051021
Are you deliberately missing the point or what?
>>
File: 1396216473.png (359KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1396216473.png
359KB, 640x480px
I've tried watching this show but it's just so fucking shit, with the obnoxious characters, unfunny humor, shit animation and vomit inducing coloring, it's just not fun to watch. There might be a couple chuckle worthy jokes in there but the hardest I laughed while watching it was a joke made in a shoe ad during a commercial break
Personally, I'm fine with the idea of doing your own version of the Teen Titans, but when you flat out copy the designs and get the exact same VAs from the previous iterations, don't be surprised when fans don't like it for not being the same show you are copying so much from. And for fucks sake, I get that shitloads of hate mail makes you want to spite the people who bitch about the show but when you write the same "WERE DA NEW TITANS NOW, DEAL WITH IT XD" shit over and over, you just look fucking petty, and using "IT'S A KIDS SHOW" as an excuse for criticism shows just how much talent you lack
Overall, it's just shit, and it takes up way to much time on CN's daily schedule
>>
>>79050566
>the episode actually showed you how to make waffles

It's a-okay in my book.
>>
>>79051277
I don't have a waffle iron. This episode rubbed it in my face. 0/10 shit show neo-CN is garbage.
>>
>>79050672
>no pieguyrulz
>implying he's more autistic than Mr. Enter and Pizza pan

haha, fucking max par

>>79051096
like this man
>>
>>79048260
The creators has gone on record and say their show was shit anons so don't even try it popular because it airs on CN as much as spongebob on nick
>>
>>79049228
Go watch Mr. Enter on YouTube to explain why that statement is wrong
>>
>>79054256
Mr Enter is not autistic anons because he had a good reason to hate something that is right to be hated on and his counter arguments aren't like you anon who call it a name just because you don't like you have to give rational reasons and that's what Mr Enter successfully did
>>
>>79054539
>shilling THIS hard
max fucking par
>>
>>79055268
This thread is stupid trying to show that Ttg is a good show is like saying johnny test is Canada's animation masterpiece its shit the creators called it shot themselves and don't care and kids eat up the shit which justifies them making more shit anons
>>
>>79055424
what?
>>
>>79055715
Ttg is a shit show kids eat up and there nothing you can do about it
>>
>>79048260

No.

/thred
>>
>>79048260
I stopped caring about this show after the third season was announced.

To this day, I still have a feeling that TTG is going to go the way of the Simpsons once it becomes a long-runner.
>>
>>79057001
what?
>>
ye
>>
>>79058634
Read anon
>>
File: 1396983127804.jpg (12KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1396983127804.jpg
12KB, 560x400px
>>79054539
>Mr Enter is not autistic
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.