[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in a comic and cartoon review channel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 300x300px
What do you want to see in a comic and cartoon review channel?
>>
>>79033073
Not Mr. Enter
>>
I'd like to see some actual journalism instead of some autist's dumb opinion
>>
>>79033073
context and trivia and obscure references that might go over my head
>>
Insight of what the writers or even animation team had in mind for the cartoons. Best way to critique somebody is to challenge them.
>>
>>79033101
impossibru
>>
>>79033073
some info on the cartoon itself, the premise and what it sets out to do and how that cartoon/comic succeeds or fails

but every comic and cartoon reviewer is autistic in some way and can never hide their power level so that'll never happen
>>
Is it bad that I'm optimistic but animation being a thing but not a try hard comedy more of action comedy with dark humor
>>
File: 1452830248456.gif (663KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1452830248456.gif
663KB, 500x446px
>>79033073
People review comics?

Only person that review comics is linkara. Should i go back watching linkara?
>>
What's /co/'s view on LewToons?
>>
>>79033430
go back to /aco/ fucker
>>
>>79033430
>linkara
How deep is your autism?
>>
>>79033525
Whaa...?
>>
>>79033073
Tits. That's the only reason pic related is popular.
>>
>>79033672
That looks uncomfortable as hell

Dat popularity rise though
>>
I really want to start making videos, I just have to get over my autism when I record myself. If I can hold back the cringe, I think I could do something good, especially since I'm already a freelance video editor.

It's my dream to make a living just making videos. Getting invited to cons to do panels and meet fans. Etc.
>>
>>79033073
Actual comedy instead of autists acting like cartoons always need to be teaching high moral standards.

Basically just don't be mr enter.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1007KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1007KB, 500x591px
Is there any reviewers that /co/ doesn't hate?
>>
>>79033735
Pan Pizza/Rebel Taxi is tolerated, mostly because he isn't TOO cringey, or at the very least you can tell it's an act, and he has decent production value with some interesting writing in his videos, if you can pass the sex jokes and purposely misspoken words. Hopefully someone better comes along though.
>>
I like Chris Stuckmann.
He has a nice voice, is on point and he's not quirky. Plus, he says many interesting things about the actors, the creators or things around the movie he talks about.
But he rarely does /co/ material.
>>
>>79033430
I like this small channel, Comic Talk, they only have 74 subscribers. It's just two guys who sit together and talk about their favorite comics from that week (or month) and cover some topics about comics like events and collecting. I think they have pretty good taste and I agree with them about a lot of their opinions about comic issues like events, variants, and collectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoCQUBMS9qA
>>
File: FN.jpg (131KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
FN.jpg
131KB, 400x533px
FN Pryde was probably the most legit reviewer who did ACTUAL comic reviews and not just vaguely comic themed videos, but she stopped doing videos over a year ago.
>>
>>79033073
>comics

Critical reviews, more than the usual "I think this is good/bad" and "you should/shouldn't read this".

And don't bother with on-going series or monthly floppies, look back at runs and series that are often overlooked.

>cartoons

I don't watch cartoon reviews because a lot of people don't give two shits about animation. And again, fuck newer series unless you're doing seasonal reviews.
>>
>>79033790
Those 2 need a little bit of a work. They follow a path I had with my videos. They need better editing and more themes, not just pulllists. Those are really topical.
>>
don't just review all the crap you read on wednesday and make the video look good
>>
>>79033672
Does she ever actually talk about comics? I haven't seen anything from her channel in months, but I remember she would only talk about movies and when comics ever did get discussed it would be on her podcast and she would never have anything to say, she would just differ to her fat friend Kirk and her friend Amy who both actually read comics and just parrot what they say.
>>
>>79033778
>Stuckmann

Has Stuckmann ever gone against the tomatometer? The guy just goes where the wind blows.
>>
I think it would be cool if you ripped up shit comics that would piss people off
>>
I like blacknerd comedy.

I like reviewers that make me laugh and shit.
>>
>>79033832
I don't care if he goes against or with the tomatometer.
His reviews are good and small, I enjoy them. In the end it's all that matters.
>>
>>79033824
She occasionally did in the early months of her channel. Then she basically stopped once she realized there was more money in talking about sci-fi movies.

She started a podcast at some point that was originally mostly about comics, though it was her friend that did pretty much all the actual talking and now even the podcast, on the rare occasion it even comes out, is mostly like her youtube videos where it's just about random "geek" stuff.
>>
>>79033852
But wouldn't it be quicker just to check the RT score then you don't have to listen to his stupid voice?
>>
>>79033813
I enjoy that they at least go into what they like and dislike about the books they picked up. Every other pull list video I see is just some autist holding up the books the picked up that week, naming them off, and an occasional thoughtless remark like, "I enjoy this book." And anything is better than the haul videos from the fat middle aged collectors and speculators.

There really isn't much out there for comics related videos on youtube besides those kind of videos and movie coverage and facts about big 2 characters or events for casuals.
>>
>>79033852
Chris Stuckman has never had a single interesting or insightful thing to say about about movies. You would think after the insane number of reviews he has done he would have learned more about film or refined his taste. The least he could do is develop some sort of personality or humor like RLM.
>>
File: 1446741589933.png (183KB, 462x464px) Image search: [Google]
1446741589933.png
183KB, 462x464px
I think I'd rather just read comics and watch cartoons instead of watch some spergy nobody talk about them and try to be funny.
>>
>>79033870
I did exactly what you said in the beginning. That I gave more and more time about it. But I stopped because of one reason
>Why would someone watch this next week?

Most people don't ask that question to themselves for their videos and they continue to do videos with no new viewers coming in or anything happening.

I see Comic Drake and Comicstorian. But I stopped watching the latter because he never said anything about hating something. He always said "We love this" "We love that". I'm not saying that people should hate everything. But if you love everything, it's equally weird.
>>
Anybody like Comicstorian?

Anyway, My favorite type of reviewers is always British accent ones. I always love the British.
>>
you should have a sound board full of memes and an airhorn
>>
>>79033936
I can appreciate what he does in summarizing long runs or shitty events, but his voice is really off putting.
>>
>>79033933
Post your channel. I like videos where I can put on in the background and listen to while I draw.
>>
Brevity

If you can't review a comic in under five minutes, ten minutes MAX, don't bother
>>
>>79034003
It's on a foreign language with subtitles on some of them.

I'm really thinking to changing in English though.
On one hand in my language I'm the first that does video reviews.
On the other hand, not many people watching them and I have no idea how to advertise them there.

But if I do them on English. I don't think I have enough to offer. Even though people that watched them said that I'm on the point and don't have much filler and stupid things.
>>
>>79033990

If he got the voice of comicexplain. Would you watch the fuck of him?

Also, You ever notice when comicexplain always same words? "Now, Let me tell you ___"
>>
>>79034013
But you don't make those Youtube bucks unless your video is at least 10 min, senpai
>>
>>79034034
It's called catchphrasing anon.
Make a small sentence of words, say it in the same tone in each of your videos and people will start quoting them left and right.
Free advertising and subliminal messages.
>>
>>79034025
What language? If it's Spanish I can listen to them.

Considering how small the comic fan community is and how small of a presence comics channels have on YouTube you may be better off with videos in English. You'll be able to reach out to more fans and start a conversation. Maybe leave the foreign language videos for comics that are in that language.
>>
>>79034092
It in Greek. The communities around comic here are really weird.
Plus the fact that the Greek youtube in general is 99% cancerous.
>>
I want the reviewer to not sound like a huge beta fag. Just a normal, non sperg voice. Thats really it. I've yet to find this.
>>
>>79033073
A nice pair of a tits and blonde hair.
>>
>>79034366
That is their voice.
>>
>>79033430
Fuck no. To anyone who wants to into Linkara: start at the beginning, watch ONLY the episodes about obscure awful crap no one has ever heard about, eventually he develops this annoying condescending tone, that's the point where you stop and forget he exists.
>>
File: White bunny.jpg (120KB, 600x924px) Image search: [Google]
White bunny.jpg
120KB, 600x924px
A guy who reviews old nostalgic stuff I either watched as a kid or don't know about. No new popular stuff, I'm perfectly able to develop my own opinion on that, to clarify: Cartoon Cartoons are already new stuff. Don't care that much about comics aside from wacky obscure shit that's fun to riff.

His show should be comfy, he should know a lot about the show, he should go in depth, he should be funny.

The closest thing I've found to what I want is Phelous. Planet Rob is closer in some aspects, but is catastrophically unfunny and dull at times, also possibly autistic. CR is something in the middle, but I honestly prefer the other two because CR is like a compromise no one is happy with: he's almost funny and almost interesting although he seems like a really nice guy.

I would appreciate some feedback on my hot opinions and maybe some recommendations.
>>
>>79033073
Your mother on my penis.
>>
>>79033101
>>79033105
This.
Do the research. Talk about the authors, what they've done before, put things into perspective, compare it to other comics. Show me the techniques, how the panelling works, the nice tricks used. What makes it stand apart.
I don't care about an uniformed opinion or most of your jokes, I have tons of "funny" reviewers to choose from; I want to discovers new products and learn things about comics or cartoons.

Best example I could give you is Crossed (about movies), which is very informative and has good humor at the same time, but it's in french.
>>
Im reviewing some here
>>79037615
>>
>>79033073
The same thing Kyle Kallgren does with movies: do actual fucking research and say something interesting.
Earthling cinema also comes to mind.
>>
File: tumblr_n8qy4nGjwK1qbs05go2_1280.png (220KB, 1102x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8qy4nGjwK1qbs05go2_1280.png
220KB, 1102x1920px
Good speaking skills

Not autistic

Maybe a bit funny but not too obnoxious

The fucking ability to put a sentence together without gargling a mouthful of saliva

pic not related
>>
>>79037850
>Not autistic

baited me/10
>>
File: fnpryde.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
fnpryde.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>79033805
>>
File: image.jpg (302KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302KB, 1280x960px
http://youtu.be/CtUgxnmfx8E
IM POSTING MY OWN BRAND HEHEHEHE!
>>
>>79033073
I like reviews where the reviewer tells a more simplified version of of the story and points out the parts that work and don't work like Yahtzee. Basically, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSrRHw6eZ8
>>
Pat and Liam.
>>
>>79033073

Reviews that incorporate much information and more than one possible viewpoint. Not a presentation of personal taste. A review.

And no review personas or metastories whatsoever.

There isn't anything like that one the tubes, OP. So please go create it.
>>
>>79033735

Mindless Ones podcast Silence! is pretty good. None of the usual bullshit and they know how to articulate opinions.
>>
>>79033709
You should do it.
I am trying to do the same as Well.
And yeah the cringe in The start is crazy.
But if you want to try it, you Will have to try and be more extroverted.
But after a few cringes here and there you Will start making great vĂ­deos.
I know i did....kinda....
>>
>>79033824
>>79033864
she has a series of hour-long movies explaining the X-men comics and important storylines

I like Comic Drake; very informative, although geared towards newer readers. His videos have very little filler/shitty cutaway jokes.
>>
>>79033086
Ha ha, well meme'd my friend!
>>
>>79033709
Do it anon, and let me be your roadie
>>
>>79033764
I can't stand his Fucking spic accent and his boner for invader zim
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.