[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Morrison is your god, but this is fucking retarded.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: AnimalMan26.png (750KB, 663x581px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalMan26.png
750KB, 663x581px
I know Morrison is your god, but this is fucking retarded.
>>
>>79028020
Why do you assume that's Morrison's point of view and not the characters?
Besides he's right.
>>
>>79028080
>Why do you assume that's Morrison's point of view and not the characters?
The person talking in that panel is literally Morrison.
>>
>>79028102
Oh rly...
>>
>>79028149
Yes really you fucking neckbeard
>>
>>79028184
No need to be rude. Dick
>>
>>79028020
>>79028080
He is right though.
>>
He was a lot younger and more radical when he wrote Animal Man. Most importantly, it was finished before his Katmandu experience. Since then, Morrison has a much more equanimous outlook on humanity.
>>
File: AnimalMan26.png (433KB, 499x496px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalMan26.png
433KB, 499x496px
>>79028149
Be less of a fucking casual
>>
>>79028080
>right
I'll go ahead and be charitable and assume that this is bait. Here's a (you).
>>
File: peta.png (671KB, 505x677px) Image search: [Google]
peta.png
671KB, 505x677px
>>79028020
>>
>>79028277
>right
Humans ain't shit. But then again neither are animals or the environment.

>Here's a (you)
I find this trend annoying but you're the first one who's said this to me. So thanks, I guess.
>>
>>79028383
That was written before PETA's less attractive morality came to light.
Give Morrison the chance to self-insert himself again and he'll probably retract his statement.
>>
>>79028383
I wonder if he ever regrets this, seeing what Peta turned into.
>>
>>79028477
Morrison's self-insert is canonically dead, he was killed off in Suicide Squad. No joke.
>>
>>79028431
It's just, there's someone like you every thread this thing comes up. Everywhere, every board.

>Kreia was right!
>Mr. A did nothing wrong!
>Human life has no intrinsic value!

And all that stuff that chafes with me because it's so damn easy to put down on paper while peering out the window of one's ivory tower and often has little grounding in experience or reality.

In the end, it comes across like Terry Goodkind's 'moral clarity'.
>>
File: QJMDVY5.png (411KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
QJMDVY5.png
411KB, 750x500px
>>79028431
>Humans ain't shit. But then again neither are animals or the environment.
>>
>>79028507
That was two universal reboots ago, though.
I had an idea for a new volume of Brave and the Bold where he would return. The series would have an ongoing hook where a new Writer and Artist would be forced to write the series by Ambush Bug, and the series would end with the previous Writer coming back in an edgy reboot to kill off the new Writer.
>>
>>79028507
Proof
Pre-N52 or Post Flashpoint Suicide Squad?
>>
>>79028526
Convince me then, son.
>>
>>79028253

No he doesn't. See his self-insert character in Nameless. He advocates for humanity to stop reproducing entirely--not to LIMIT reproduction, before some neckbeard says that, but to STOP reproducing entirely. I'm a Morrison fan and he's right, the earth would be far better off without us as an organism, but saying he's not radical as fuck is just ignorant.
>>
File: squad09.jpg (261KB, 584x870px) Image search: [Google]
squad09.jpg
261KB, 584x870px
>>79028567
Pre-Flashpoint. Hell, Pre-Infinite Crisis.

He suffers a case of writer's block.
>>
>>79028020
That is true.
It doesn't mean that we should stop experimenting on lab rats or start killing children or whatever, it's just talking about intrinsic right to life.
A human doesn't have more intrinsic value or natural right to life than a rat.
>>
>>79028577
Very well, daddy. From an atheistic perspective, life is one's only chance at experiencing sensation, and the Earth is the finite pearl of life on which we are adrift. Given the astronomical scope of space, life is precious by scarcity (Within the range of human perception).

And if it's all we got, then ruining it, salting the Earth, and causing misery spits upon a uniquely precious chance. Sowing kindness, growth, and prosperity means getting the most 'bang for your buck' out of life.
>>
>>79028567
>>79028650

Classic Suicide Squad

After writing himself into the story Grant Morrison became himself a character in continuity that other authors, in this case Ostrander, were able to control
>>
>>79028615
> the earth would be far better off without us as an organism
But what kind of existence would that be huh? Earth is a live fast die young partier. It has electricity it has inside when before there was only outside. Sure it would have forests and shit and maybe even last a few eons longer but will it have ever truly lived?
>>
>>79028507
Post panel.
>>
>>79028712
Then, from the Judeo-Christian perspective, life is a gift from the Almighty. To sow misery is to defy the will of your loving creator and harm people who are your brothers, in blood or in spirit.

To harm animals and the environment is to defile his creation, and show ultimate ingratitude for the gift that is Earth.
>>
>>79028733
Yeah humanity is Earth's wild college years of partying and mild self destruction.

We need to get to work on the colonization of other planets so those dweebs can have some fun too
>>
>>79028526
But Kreia WAS right.
>>
>>79028809
Kreia was a crazy lady who wanted to destroy the energy field that connects all living things, consequences be damned, despite seeing that when you do that you end up with abominations like Nihilus and the Exile.
>>
>>79028712
>life is precious by scarcity (Within the range of human perception)
Well, not intrinsic in its value but the value we give to life. Because diamonds are perceived to be rare that are valued a lot for no other reason than it's perceived scarcity (real or not). What does have intrinsic value anyway? Is the ability to place value on things an intrinsic value of life? Woah fuckin' deep, man.
>>
>>79028020
Still better than anything Max Landis has written.
>>
>>79028020
That's what happens if you do drugs instead of finishing school, OP.
>>
>>79028841

The Exile was not an abomination, she was exactly what Kreia wanted; life without the Force, without becoming the mindless husk that Nihilus was.
>>
>>79029182
You become successful?
>>
>>79028020
If you're talking about objective intrinsic value of life, then he's technically right, but only because the value for both would be 0. Life has the value that we give to it, so I don't think it's a great argument for not killing a bunch of rats to save a child (which is kind of what he's arguing.)
>>
>>79028020
Sure, but that doesn't make the story shitty.
He literally said he removed these aspects from the story to make sure it didn't become shit.
>>
>>79028540
>Existentialism is edgy
Ok
>>
>>79028383
>1991
Before PETA was full retard
>>
>>79028733

A peaceful one, free from the ravages of mankind. Earth isn't a live-fast-die-young party planet, humanity is a live-fast-die-young party species. We just happen to ignore the fact that we're burning down everyone else's house along the way.
>>
>>79028080
>hasnt read Animal Man but still talks like he knows what's going on
Holy shit kill yourself you gigantic fucking casual
>>
>>79029569
H-have you ever watched a nature documentary?
>>
>>79029569
>A peaceful one
What the Hell does that mean? Nature is violent and cruel as fuck.
>>
>>79029570
>talks like he knows what's going on
I didn't. I was asking a question that I genuinely didn't know the answer to.
>>
>>79028615
Not saying you're wrong, but which character is the self-insert in nameless? Nameless himself? I feel like you're oversimplifying
>>
>>79029186

Destroying the force was plan B. Kreia followed the Exile to try and learn how she could live without the force. When she realized that it was not some great insight, only surrender to an emotion, which Kreia found intolerable, she fled back to Malachor, to kill or be killed by her last student.
>>
>>79028020
Why is Dream of the Endless being such a dick?
>>
>>79029616

Yes, I'm referring to Nameless himself. Perhaps "self-insert" was a bridge too far in that it implies an exact 1:1 translation, but the character is chock full of the man's ideologies (expressed in other places), plus the extensive (exhausting) knowledge of the occult, plus the Scot background... it's why I found it so funny when Morrison described Nameless as an "everyman" character. The average human doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of the occult, Grant.
>>
>>79029733
>The average human doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of the occult, Grant.
That's because humanity failed him.
>>
>>79029771

That and because science is infinitely more useful than the occult.

But the average person doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of that, either.

We are constantly failing ourselves and each other.
>>
>>79029964
>We are constantly failing ourselves and each other.
That sounds like a punchline from Pictures for Sad Children.
>>
>>79029733
Ya, I think I would argue that you are mistaken to view Nameless' views as being wholely Morrison's. Even if Nameless is a reflection of Morrison, he's clearly a cracked and damaged reflection.

Tbh senpai I need to find some annotations or something for Nameless. That last issue left me real fucking confused
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.