[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if they're both great?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

File: The Light and the Dark.jpg (171KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Light and the Dark.jpg
171KB, 1200x900px
What happens if they're both great?
>>
>>79019375
/co/ will be happy and company wars will cease to exist.

Nah, we'll still shitpost into oblivion.
>>
Great! Why would anyone WANT their media to be bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 500x566px
Sure, OP. /co/ will totally agree to that.
>>
File: 1.jpg (63KB, 686x763px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
63KB, 686x763px
Then we will enjoy both.
>>
>>79019375
Shitposting won't stop no matter what.
/co/ is literally /v/ when it comes to shortlisting and brand wars.
Don't expect there to ever be peace in here.
>>
>>79019375
We're all still gonna burn.
>>
>>79019375

/co/ has no grasp on objective indicators of quality. It doesn't matter how they are, 99% of this board already knows their opinions on both movies and which is better.
>>
/co/ will never admit it. They've already made up their minds on both movies.
>>
The only way shitposting will stop is if they both average the exact same Rotten Tomatoes/Cinemscore score, make the exact same in the domestic and worldwide box office, and if Zack Snyder and Kevin Feige get married with their respective actors, writers, directors and producers as bridesmais and groomsmen.
>>
If they're both great, then each camp will launch into shit talking about which one read better then the other, the printed versions of each well be affected to the point that Juggalo Joker and Harley will be canonized, Friday we be retconned into virtual Pepper, SWORD will be called Hammer now, to reflect the government having bought Hammer industries.
>>
BvS will shit all over CW.
>>
That would be cool!

Realistically, Civil War will be another tickbox average Marvel film and BvS:DoJ will be fucking terrible.
>>
>>79019375
It doesn't matter, what really matters is which one will reach memehood.
>>
>>79019880
BvS.

The meme potential is directly proportional to how serious the movie takes itself. Marvel always provides the proper balance of serious and funny to protect their scenes against memeing.
>>
We'll look at the RT score.
>>
The one that makes /tv/ so butthurt he makes 20 plus threads every day.
>>
>>79019375
How's that even remotely possible? Even if one is like 1% worse than the other, it automatically means it's shit and nobody here can like it.
>>
>>79020624
speaks truth.
>>
>>79019580
>objective indicators of quality.
lol like that's a thing

I mean, I don't think a movie can be "objectively" good or bad, but there are more compelling and profound criteria to rate films on than others.

I find that so many people on this board (and in general) don't rate films on very compelling criteria, but on how closely the film aligns to the very specific vision in there head that they think is the One and Only™ correct version.

Like, sometimes I see reviews of Nolan's Batman stuff that don't talk about anything like the themes or dialogue or character development or cinematography. Instead, it's "NOLAN DID IT WRONG BECAUSE HE MADE GOTHAM A REGULAR CITY AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A GOTHIC CITY LIKE TIM BURTON'S WHY IS NOLAN EMBARRASSED OF COMICS."

As if Nolan thinking that, for his purposes, doing a plausible Batman in a plausible world, and tailoring everything to fit that idea, was a repudiation of ALL OTHER interpretations of Batman, and Nolan's declaration that the creative avenue he chose for his project was the only right one. As if a film can only be a good adaptation if it takes EVERY SINGLE element from the comics that you think is supposed to be there, regardless of whether that makes the specific project at hand cohesive. As if Nolan not using something like the Lazarus Pits made his movie worse, or was any kind of condemnation of the concept of the Lazarus Pits.
>>
>>79019375
We'll still argue over which one was better. Inevitably the arguments will reach the hyperbole of calling the other movie shit, which will cause the anons who rely on /co/ to make up their mind for them to parrot this, eventually leading to the board narrative calling both movies shit
>>
>>79019375
/co/ will praise it and then shit on it a week later like always, and then when the next movies announced they'll say it's going to be shit and repeat the cycle
>>
>>79020651
Yeah I don't get OP at all. Two competitive movies can't be good. It's like magnets. If one is slightly better, the other must be shit, by definition. You can't like both things, that's preposterous, this is not reddit.
>>
>>79020664
I agree.

Though Gotham changing designs in-between movies was kinda' whack.
>>
>>79019603
Snyder can do better, he's a handsome dude.
>>
>>79019880
We can safely bank on BvS claiming that spot, shit it's even out yet and we're already memeing over "will you bleed"

It was destined to be a meme flick as soon as Affleck was cast. Eisenburg, Gadot, and association with Man of Steel is just icing on the cake
>>
>>79020710
You can actually measure a movie's quality by how long it takes for /co/ to retroactively hate it all along.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" remains high tier, took /co/ two years to hate it all along. "Guardians of the Galaxy" took roughly a year. "The Avengers" took roughly two. "Age of Ultron", "Man of Steel" and the "Amazing Spider-Man" movies were instantaneus. "Iron Man 3", roughly three months. "Thor: The Dark World", two months. "X-Men: First Class", six months. "The Dark Knight", three years. "The Dark Knight Rises", at about 10 months.

It's also starting with "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
>>
>>79020797
Love goes beyond the physical.
>>
>>79020800
When it comes to memes. Marvel just can't compete.
The only notable maymays they spawned are whoreposting and "I don't see how that's a party".
Meanwhile DC gets atleast 2 solid memes per trailer.
>>
>>79020853
You're absolutely right, I actually started thinking about what /co/ does with bad movies and they just skip the praise it stage, then a year or so later we get shit post threads saying it wasn't that bad
>>
>>79020853
This is actually a pretty good system
>>
>>79020853
So, are we supposed to hate Winter Soldier now? Because I still like that movie.
>>
>>79020937
Not yet. I still haven't got the memo at least.

>>79020853
You can use /tv/ for very fine tuning, too. Measured in days.
>>
>>79020937
No, we're supposed to preemptively hate Civil War, even though it looks amazing and the Russo brothers last Marvel film was debatably the best MCU film
>>
>>79020885
Hey now, let's give their memes their due

>TONY STARK BUILT THIS IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS
>I VANT MUH BURD
>Mew Mew
>Mewling Quim and Galaga were pretty popular in 2012 /co/
>OLE OLE OLE was popular on 2013 /co/
>OOGA CHAKA
>>
>>79021009
Well I guess it's better for people to go with low expectations. We'll probably get posts like "Holy shit Cap 3 was better than expected, how did that happen???".

Kinda like DOFP. It was funny seeing /co/ suddenly change their tune after the movie was out.
>>
>>79020937
Yes.

Though most of the shitposting right now is still coming from company war shitposters and people triggered it's been referred to as a "political thriller".
>>
>>79021087
Well yeah, but MCU still doesn't have their own Bane-tier meme.

But to be honest, I don't think anything can reach Bane levels of memery anymore.
>>
>>79021096
This. But it's too late for "Civil War", by virtue of featuring the Avengers and being a milestone in the MCU, it'll be ladden with shitposting. So will BvS.

I expect X-Men to once again take home the "lest shat upon comic book movie of the summer", by virtue of lowered expectations once again.
>>
>>79021096
I think what happened with DoFP is that Matthew Vaughn wasn't returning and a lot of the costumes looked awful (especially Quicksilver) so most of /co/ (including myself) wanted it to fail, all of that on top of the Bryan Singer sex scandal
>>
>>79021181
Baneposter will never be surpassed.

But something tells me Superman/Batman and Superman/Luthor interactions in BvS will come close.
>>
>>79021181
For sure
>>
File: zoolander_face.jpg (15KB, 361x253px) Image search: [Google]
zoolander_face.jpg
15KB, 361x253px
>>79021236
Eisenberg spouting off like Carey's Riddler while Cavill stands around looking like Superman channeling Zoolander has endless potential for lulz.
>>
File: z.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>>79021184
>I expect X-Men to once again take home the "lest shat upon comic book movie of the summer", by virtue of lowered expectations once again.

I'm actually scared for that movie. I was very excited until that trailer, where it now looks like a cgi clusterfuck.
>>
>>79019375
Then we as comics fans win. /co will not agree to this and the heating bickering and shit slinging will continue unabated for a year, all the while being oblivious to the fact that it's a hell of a time to be alive.
>>
I...I just want all companies to have good cape movies. Why is /co/ so damn obsessed with company wars?

Other than AoU and Iron Man 3, I've enjoyed every MCU movie more or less. Thought Nolanbats was good, MoS was ok, most X-Men movies are enjoyable. Only ones I couldn't finish were shit like F4 or ASM2. I can't possibly be the only one who still enjoys most of these movies, right? They're not perfect, but they're still pretty entertaining to see in cinemas.
>>
>>79020797
He also seems to have very little people skills based off interviews
>>
File: CIA.jpg (9KB, 250x268px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
9KB, 250x268px
>>79021389
>Why is /co/ so damn obsessed with company wars?
WB/DC's last four films were Man of Steel, Dark Knight Rises, Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

All while Marvel was reaching an apex of quality post IM2.

So essentially it comes down to tremendous asshurt and the willingness of Anon to rub salt in said asshurt for lulz.
>>
>>79021466
Aaand here we go.
>>
>>79021466
Age of Ultron is legitimately worse than all of those movies.

Welp, cya later.
>>
>>79021514
Factually, those are DC's last 4 films.
Factually they ranged from silly to poor and people were disappoint.

Have some salve for that ass.
>>
>>79020664
>As if Nolan thinking that, for his purposes, doing a plausible Batman in a plausible world, and tailoring everything to fit that idea, was a repudiation of ALL OTHER interpretations of Batman, and Nolan's declaration that the creative avenue he chose for his project was the only right one

Yes? Every work or craft is a statement.
>>
>>79021535
>Any Marvel film worse than Green Lantern or Jonah Hex

Welp, abandon thread.
>>
>>79021364
I have faith it'll improve, though Fox has a record of dodgy looking CGI.
>>
>>79021610
Fox has a record of large ensemble movies where very few people get a decent role to play.
>>
>>79020885
Does SLUT really count since it was through interviews and the the movie itself? MCU memes are all short lived, while DC has big guy 4 u, CIA, and MAN OF MURDER. I mean shit, with the first SS trailer we got NOW HOL UP, which got threads deleted on /tv/.
>>
>>79021087
TONY HELP ME was pretty funny but that didnt last too long i think
>>
>>79021641
Clearly Marvel needs to hire Goyer for expert meme worthy material.
>>
>>79021708
It was pretty forced because it isn't built upon any moment in the movie itself.

But I expect a ressurgence with "Civil War".

On the TV side, "Arrow" and "The Flash" had some great memes, did "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." had any over then variety Wards?
>>
>>79021181
DC has also killed people. An actor, a movie theater, and an airplane. BvS will give us something without a doubt, same for Suicide Suicide.
>>
>>79021558
Opinions are subjective though.

I'm a big MCUfag and I enjoyed both Rises and MoS. Hell, I liked them more than some MCU movies like IM 2 and 3, AoU or the Thor movies. I'll give you GL though, that one was awful. Haven't seen Jonah Hex.
>>
>>79019375
More Character vs Character type of movies
>>
File: tvsCreationsComingBackToHauntUs.jpg (27KB, 390x179px) Image search: [Google]
tvsCreationsComingBackToHauntUs.jpg
27KB, 390x179px
Reminder that memesmiths were canon part of Multiversity, obviously DC dominates the memeverse.

To be more on topic, I'm more curious to see how /co/ will react if both movies are objectively bad. Like Fan4stic level of bad.
>>
>>79021856
People would never admit it.
>>
>>79021772
AoS's dialogue writing doesn't lend itself a lot to meme's, since it's fairly natural (even if not particularly good, it's not badly worded like TDKR) and not overtly heroic/grandiose like the best parts of the flash.

The closest thing it has to a meme is the razor-nail lady, but that was kind of the point of the character and it never really lasts long because the threads don't either.
>>
>>79021856
>Fan4stic level of bad
Impossible.
>>
File: Hancock.jpg (60KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hancock.jpg
60KB, 404x600px
Which movie had the worst transition in quality from the first two acts to the final act?

Fant4stic
Hancock
Captain America First Avenger
Man of Steel
>>
>>79021856
If it *were* close to F4 the studios would just delay the movies. F4 would've too, if they had the luxury.
>>
>>79022041
Hancock
How is this even a question?
>>
>>79022041
Hancock. Dear god Hancock.
>>
>>79022041
>Captain America First Avenger
come on man, at least try with your bait.
>>
>>79022119
I can see why people would think that though, last part was definitely weaker.

Personally I though the first half of Cap 1 was fantastic and the second half was alright. Still my second favorite MCU movie.
>>
>>79022119
I felt that CAFA went off the rails at the montage, and that everything past the blowing up of the Kryptonian warship and World Engine was unnecessary shit that subverted the rest of the film. Fant4stic was genuinely interesting until they returned to the dimension and it became hackneyed EEBUL VILLIN shit.

But yeah, I suppose I gotta say Hancock too.
>>
>>79022374
>>79022323
The point of the final act of Cap wasn't his fight with the red skull, it was the sacrifice of his life with Peggy. Now it was kind of blue-ballsy at the time but that is kind of the point. It is justified within the trilogy and the other movies perfectly as it seems to be what bothers Cap the most and what he needs to deal with. Certainly does not belong next to Hancock and F4. Neither does Man of Steel, honestly.
>>
>>79019375
You won't be able to like one more than the other because that would be company wars and this is /co/mblr where we're not allowed to prefer something or criticize anything
>>
Both sides of the argument on /co/ will be BTFO, but will continue to shitpost for three years.

True fans of these movies and the characters in them will rejoice, having never been part of the company wars retardation to start with.
>>
>>79019913
Except that's wrong, because that dance off shit exists.
>>
>>79022967
It felt appropriate for the movie's tone.
>>
>>79022041
Man of Steel was consistently bad
>>
>>79019375
That'd be nice, but either way everyone knows Civil War is going to be better.
>>
>>79026233
Marvel movies are really ingratiating, like they're going "Hey you like this right?! Here have some more stuff you like!" I'd rather have Zack Snyder's weird nerd vision than more anodyne crap from Marvel.
>>
>>79026456
It consistently amuses me that the comics end of DC and Marvel have the opposite effect. DC comics are consistently criticized for overly authoritarian editors who churn out the same bland books with the same visual style that reduces the creator's voice and makes each book interchangeable with another. Where as historically in the last 10 years, Marvel has (whether you agree or not) the reputation for being more creatively free with more books with unique visual styles and writers who are more easily able to make their footprint.

But it's the complete opposite on the cinema side of things. You have a dozen movies that are all tonally and visually the same. A dozen movies that despite their far ranging location and cast, have the exact same feel, hit the same major plot beats, and the same themes. Can you even name half of the directors that directed these fucking things? Who the fuck directed Thor 2, I certainly don't know.

Meanwhile there's absolutely no mistaking BvS for anything other than a Snyder film. Suicide Squad isn't out yet, but anyone familiar with Ayer's filmography knows from the get-go that he's involved.
>>
I bet you all the news and online critics will go:
>>They have hero vs. hero fights...AND NOTHING COMES FROM THE FIGHTS! They are all filler!

It's coming. I know way to well that every critic is going to feel so smug pointing this out, and yet they were the audience begging for Hero vs. Hero.
>>
>>79027503

You got it. Variety is the spice of life and DC is seemingly bringing that with their cinematic universe. The MCU is like if all comics company wide were drawn by the same artist. Too samey for my taste. DC is attempting to build a universe of individual artists much like how comics actually are. Will it be great? I dunno but at least they're trying something new.

Marvel movies are getting oooollllldddd (apart from GotG which was somewhat unique in tone).
>>
>>79027934
TFA has taught me that pretty much every high profile "critic" has no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>79027503
>>79028390
I think Guardians and the first Captain America films were the only ones that felt actually different from the rest of the MCU. Cap had the 1940's aesthetics, while Guardians was rich with blues, greens and purples that was more colorful than most films these days.

Which is why I'm pretty disappointed in what I seen for Civil War so far because it's more washed out colors, cold interiors we've seen so many times in the MCU. I mean, come on, go to a forest now and then.
>>
>>79019375

The same if they're both shit or if one is great and one is shit or any variation of middling. /co/ is just going to shitpost
>>
>>79022041
Hancock's bizarre shift in tone takes the cake. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>79028565
I can pinpoint the exact moment Handcock fell apart.
>>Throws him at refrigerator.
That moment onwards, the film is not worth watching.
>>
>>79023110

>All these innocent people are dead
>"Hey Bland villain guy, dance off you and me!"
>>
both will be fucking dope. based snyder and based russo brothers are the only 2 i trust to make actual cinema worthy cape flicks. everyone elses shit is bubblegum poppp at best. and i enjoy most of it, but nothings as well balanced as TWS or MoS for me personally short of Guardians, which balanced humor and heartfelt moments well in its own right and to be honest Gunns in a league of his own in writing and directing what he likes. Super is a GREAT movie.
>>
>>79019375
>Zack Snyder
>ever making a good movie
lmao familia, Suicide Squad could be good, but BvS will clearly be awful. I'm blown away that /co/ for the fourth time is being suckered in by his "good initial trailer, horrifically bad feature release" schtick. We literally went through this with MoS, Watchmen, Sucker Punch and to a lesser extent 300.
>>
File: Comic Movie Tiers.jpg (1MB, 1700x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Comic Movie Tiers.jpg
1MB, 1700x3000px
>>79019375
tell me your comic book rankings, /co/

I should probably update it to have Antman in Great tier and AoU in Shit tier
>>
>>79028923
J.J Abrams only had mediocre movies before Starwars Episode 7 and he finally made a good movie. I have hope that Snyder can at least make a mediocre movie since all his movies are terrible
>>
>>79028976
MI3 and Super 8 were pretty good, anon
>>
>>79028975
What does everyone dislike about Ultron? I didn't have many problems with it, but I see people pan it all across /co/.
>>
>>79021354
Oh yeah, we're getting an actual Zoolander movie this year, aren't we? I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>79019375
THEY WILL
>>
>>79019375
One is an ideological debate that's been building up for several movies.
The other is a slapping match because boys will be boys or some shit, and then a cave troll comes in and evolves into a balrog. And since they gotta catch em all, a hungry skeleton appears.
>>
>>79028923

We also went through it with Iron Man 2, 3 and AoU.
>>
>>79019601
This. There's 0% chance /co/ doesn't shit all over both. Best case scenario for either is they enjoy a 2-3 month reprieve from shitposting before the floodgates of backlash open.
>>
>>79028923
Did people really like the trailer for BvS? All the trailer showed to me was that they're trying to shove way too many plotlines into the movie.
>>
>>79032071
that trailer has so many reaction videos with people blowing their wad over Doomsday.
funny enough it was the movie critics that didn't embrace or did shit on it
>>
>>79028975
>Not including Dredd in Awesome tier
I'd personally put MoS in at least "Fun but flawed". Plenty of people liked it, myself included, but I see why a lot of people didn't
>>
more important question:
what happens if they're both bad?
>>
>>79028975
Anon, Ang Lee's Hulk and Superman Returns were boring. How could they be considered a 'good movie overall'
>>
>>79032644
MoS had a great soundtrack and a good villain speech.
>>
>>79019375
We all vote trump
>>
>>79019375
then everybody is happy and nobody fights and we all respect eachothers opinions
>>
>>79028975
>Ant-Man
>Forgettable
You best step off with your shit taste
>>
>>79028975
>Incredible Hulk
>awful

when will the memes end?
>>
>>79021364
The trailer wasn't sci-fi enough to be Age of Apocalypse.
>>
>>79035634
Never
>>
File: tumblr_m8u6w1llcP1qz7cqmo1_500.jpg (32KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8u6w1llcP1qz7cqmo1_500.jpg
32KB, 500x252px
It doesn't matter. /tv/ will find a way to ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>79019526

RY MUSLIM?
>>
>>79019375
The comic book community as a whole will have a civil war to determine who's best.
>>
File: image.png (180KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180KB, 500x500px
>>79019375
I wake up.

>THAT SON OF A BITCH BROUGHT THE WAR. TO. US.
>>
>>79037446
this those fags didn't even a wait a few weeks for TFA
>>
>>79030906
>One is an ideological debate that's been building up for several movies.
Has it? Has MCU Tony Stark ,the man who consistently rebels against "the man" and is generally the worst team player, really been working up to be more pro-government than Captain America who has distrusted the government for a total of one film?

And don't you think the cultural argument of Batman vs. Superman has been building up for decades?
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.