[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peanuts movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Peanuts-movie-poster.jpg (2MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Peanuts-movie-poster.jpg
2MB, 2025x3000px
So I just saw this for the first time. I did not grow up exposed to the comics (third worlder here), but I enjoyed this. Red Baron parts were fucking atrocious though.

What do you recommend to someone just starting out with Peanuts? I did read some of the comics during Christmas and watched some specials. What are the best strips/specials to introduce someone to Peanuts?
>>
File: charlie_brown.jpg (3MB, 3497x2814px) Image search: [Google]
charlie_brown.jpg
3MB, 3497x2814px
>>79014725
>>
Honestly the Red Baron interludes were always the worst parts of the original Peanuts cartoons. Anyone who disagrees is probably Snoopy
>>
>>79014725
Also the best specials are the Halloween/Christmas (only the original, the later ones aren't that great)/Thanksgiving ones. Comfy as fuck. I never really got into any of the theatrical releases.
>>
>>79015117
A Boy Named Charlie Brown is pretty decent, the rest are only worth seeking out if you become a big fan.
Anyway, the 60s were the best years of the strip, but from the beginning up until the mid 70s are all solid.
>>
I've seen some videos in youtube, but most are incomplete or just scenes. I would prefer to just stream Peanuts stuff since I can't download things at the moment, but I can't find it in my usual streaming sites.
>>
In the early 1950s strips, everyone looks and feels very different. The 1960s strips are considered the golden age of the comic; a lot of the iconic characters and themes are created at around that time. For me personally the 1970s strips are the stuff I read the most as a kid. Haven't read much 1980s and 1990s ones. Towards the end Schulz' lineart became noticeably more shaky.

You could pick up some sort of compilation of strips from the 1960s or 1970s. There are books, cbrs, and the GoComics site. I'm not sure what to recommend, I've felt the stuff I'm familiar with is pretty consistently good. I suppose I enjoy pretty much all Peppermint Patty storylines though. She can be tough and headstrong but also very dim and gullible, and I find her a fun character.

Unfortunately I haven't seen too many of the cartoons and can't really comment on them.
>>
>>79014725
I loved all of it, even the Red Baron stuff.
Cutest damn movie I've seen in ages
>>
File: pe991128.jpg (251KB, 900x607px) Image search: [Google]
pe991128.jpg
251KB, 900x607px
>>79015081
Even Schulz thought so, that's why in the later years the Red Baron stops appearing in the World War 1 Flying Ace reality.
>>
>>79015267
Thanks for the insight, anon. I'll try to find some 1960s stuff tomorrow.
>>
>>79014725
>>79015081
>>79015304

What is with all the haters of the Red Baron stuff? I thought it was all hilarious.
>>
>>79015749
Snoopy in general is the detriment to the Peanuts franchise. Without him as a main player, the strip and show are unique looks at life, childhood, depression, etc. Peanuts strips get surprisingly deep and emotional - way more so than any other comic strip. With Snoopy, and this became the default as he became popular in the 70's onward, the strip just became about gags and 'Oh look at Snoopy's cute outfit this week'.
>>
>>79015749
OP here. It was okay at first, but really felt like it dragged on around the time I was rather invested in Charlie Brown getting back up. I didn't like the elaborate action scenes, too. In the end, I didn't really care for Snoopy and his imaginary waifu.

I didn't expect to be really invested in a boy and his romance and how he can pick himself up, but I was. I really liked Charlie Brown.
>>
>>79015885
Well, at least it looked nice in 3D, which we somehow accidentally got tickets for even though we were sure we ordered 2D tickets.
Otherwise it was distracting because outside of the Red Baron Segments it's trying to pretend to be 2D.
>>
>>79014725
Watch all the 60s specials. All of them. Then A Boy Named Charlie Brown. After that there are no guarantees. There's still plenty good from 70s, especially early 70s, like Snoopy Come Home, Play it Again, and It's a Mystery. There's also a lot of subpar, so if you've already made it to 1975 (You're a Good Sport) and feel like the specials have gotten weaker, it may be the best time to stop, because it only gets worse in the 80s. The only 80s special that really stands out imo is the New Years. The movies are decent as well.
If it's about the comics, 50s-60s are the Golden Age (though it starts out with a different animation style and characters; humor is still solid). 70s is still good, but starts the never-ending trend of the strip (and Peanuts in general) focusing on Snoopy more than it probably needs to. I'd say the 2015 movie, while enjoyable, is most like this era.
>>
>>79015217
Kisscartoon surprisingly has most, if not all in good quality.
Some of the non-holiday specials are under The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show, which occasionally broadcast reruns of older specials.
>>
>>79015831
This is implying Snoopy was never under the crushing cloud of failure every other character was.

You know the poodle he courts in the movie? In the comic she leaves him at the altar for a Golden Retriever.
>>
>>79016439
I've been avoiding kisscartoon because I didn't like the site when I first tried it. I should have looked there. There is not a single Snoopy/Charlie Brown thing in watchcartoononline, if I recall correctly. Thanks, kind anon.
>>
Peppermint Patty is the best Charlie Brown waifu
Anyone saying other wise is not especially intelligent
>>
>>79016573
she a cute
>>
>>79016691
A CUTE
>>
>>79014725

Just listen to Vince Guaraldi's work and everything will be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgLCUuJEV8
>>
File: 1375969178694.jpg (6KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1375969178694.jpg
6KB, 200x300px
>>79016573
Eh I like the red-haired girl more
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.