[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Bendis is as bad as you lot claim how come he's Marvel's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

If Bendis is as bad as you lot claim how come he's Marvel's most successful writer?
Check and mate, autists.
>>
>>79009951
Bendis and Johns are like Micheal Bay, pure simple dumb fun.
>>
Capeshit has extremely low standards and being "successful" at writing capeshit isn't any sort of achievement.
>>
>>79009951
Because Marvel profits off shilling garbage
>>
Obvious bait, but if Liefeld is as bad as people say, why does he get multiple books, that inevitably crash and burn?

Because sometimes these companies just have bias, or connections with certain employees. It is never a measure of their actual skill.
>>
>>79009951
Hes not the one who gets yearly sacrifices tho
>>
>>79009966
Not even triple dubs can make you right anon. Johns, for all his flaws, is superior to this
>>
>>79010018
>Johns, for all his flaws, is superior to this

Sure, he is such a versatil and deep guy...
>>
>>79009951

>Get the opportunity to rebuild Iron Man after the universe literally being recreated
>Still have him be a giant pussy manchild
>Who makes lame, LAME jokes

No, Bendis. No, no, no.
>>
>>79009951
The temporary effect of shock value, when the public at large gets numb to it all the effect will drop off fast.
>>
Because he is paired with the hottest IPs and artists. Every book he did with a C-List character tanked.
>>
>>79009951
Jurassic world is one of the biggest success of the movie industry. Nobody would say that it's one of the best movie ever or even of 2015.
>>
>>79009951
Check?
>Like in chess
What, the old board game chess?
>Yeah
Isn't that for nerds?
>Not everyone with a triple digit IQ is a nerd
Bendis is, though
>What, Bendis, the comic writer?
Yeah, he writes comics
>He writes.
Comics, yeah
>>
If Justin Bieber is so bad, how come he makes millions and has millions of fans?

Checkmate atheists
>>
File: 158392968469435.png (1MB, 1351x1146px) Image search: [Google]
158392968469435.png
1MB, 1351x1146px
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
>>79012465
>Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan

I dropped marvel the moment Civil War II head writer was announced. I'm not joking. I had enough of his fat ass ever since the Heroic Age.
>>
I really enjoyed ultimate spider-man.
Everything I've read since that bendis has written I haven't really enjoyed. I just finished New Avengers and i strongly disliked it.
>>
File: 1451233725945.jpg (177KB, 518x810px) Image search: [Google]
1451233725945.jpg
177KB, 518x810px
>>79009951
Brian Michael Bendis is a gateway writer of the worst kind. He's a bad storyteller, with a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive double pages and WORDS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the writer himself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of his core make him a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable tumblr faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look smart, the unending Bendisspeak, boring personalities, the whole quipping faggotry and everything about his stories fuels their escapist fantasies, while the retconned character backgrounds, emphasis on his waifus, and overall preachiness of the writer make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes redditors and tumblr retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Bendis is basically THE writer to attract the most hated comicbook fanbase known to /co/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to shitpost the fuck out of this writer and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Bendis thread (excpet for story times so we can see the trash for what it is) ever encourage /co/mblr to show their faces here.
>>
Because terrible people are successful. We have this streamer in Russia. She's terrible, mean, screaming angry piece of shit of a person. She have about million of rubles in month (about 13500 US dollars). She's the top streamer here.
>>
>>79009951
Yeah he sure is good at writing #1's.
Which is the only goddamn reason he's still at Marbel.
>>
File: amy rose.png (187KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
amy rose.png
187KB, 480x360px
>>79009989
>>
>>79013624
waiting for the counter-pasta
>>
>>79012494
Don't reply to pasta.
>>
Only series I read that had Bendis was Ultimate Spider-Man, so I don't know how good his other work is.
>>
>>79010053
You would know bout being versatile and deep you ho.
>>
Bendis pays me to like his comics and post about them on the internet
>>
File: GOTG2015003-Asrar-cov-6a2b4.jpg (293KB, 900x1370px) Image search: [Google]
GOTG2015003-Asrar-cov-6a2b4.jpg
293KB, 900x1370px
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>79009951
His Guardians is dropping slowly it was in the 30's this december and I predict from the bad reviews it has this january that it will drop even more.

Although him feeding on the DnA nostalgia with Knowhere Corps is genius since people will pick it up just for that, but once he fucks over those characters it will tank again until Marvel relaunches again sonce people never learn.

That said his whole GotG run is inconsequencial and won't matter once he's gone anyway since nothing moteworthy has happened.
>>
>>79009951
>successful = good
oh, you're just dumb. that's ok
>>
>>79016853
>His Guardians is dropping slowly
>Went up in December
>Already stable

>Bad reviews
>4 stars in CBR for first issue
>more than Guardians of Inifinity got

Is this what complete delusion looks like.
>>
>>79009951
Because plebs have shit taste.
>>
>>79016677
I do what I want you worthless cunt.
>>
>>79016853
lmao, if you honestly think Bendis won't have a boost in his sales before the predictable relaunch, than you don't know about Bendis at all. It's guaranteed that GotG will crossover with both Iron Man books, Spider Miles book, and Guardians of Nowhere for maximum shekels. If anyone on Team Bendis is lacking in sales, he will pull a crossover out his ass to help them out. It's the fool proof Bendis strategy. That's why he is, and always will remain, Marvels top dog.
>>
>>79013624
>>79016281

>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love", I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I repond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were suposed to say "It's over now?""
>"Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves to write about his waifu some more
>>
File: smallkitty.png (103KB, 138x306px) Image search: [Google]
smallkitty.png
103KB, 138x306px
Why you faggots care so much about this bald fuck. Better question why you fuckers still care about Marvel so much. If Bendis stays forever who the fuck cares, you think someone better will magically appear or that your favorite writer will instantly get the top bill after he leaves, they won't. Even if Bendis sells like shit, Marvel will never give up on him because Quesada, Alonso and Brevoort are his good friends and they love his loyalty to the company. Besides Marvel has found the formula to deal with bad sales and that's called relaunches. It somehow works for Squirrel Girl or Captain Marvel (according to Marvel which is the only opiniĆ³n that matters) and will work for Bendis if he ever needs it. The only thing you can look forward is his retirement, of course that's not going to help much either because he will probably stay working at the company in some important capacity and all the writers of his team will continue enforcing his work.

Seriously, this threads are cancer because the anti Bendis behave like autists and fall for all the trolling/pasta/shitposting over and over again. I'm sure they all (including Bendis if he ever comes here) laugh their asses off their chair while reading these shits. It's pitiful.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.