[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who should replace Robert Downy Jr. as Iron man? -no race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: images.jpg (12KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 283x178px
Who should replace Robert Downy Jr. as Iron man?

-no race or gender bending-
>>
>>79007122
>-no race or gender bending-
It's 2016. shitlord.
>>
>Implying RDJ will ever leave
>>
>>79007122
a vocaloid of RDJ
>>
File: armie-hammer-pic.jpg (11KB, 313x417px) Image search: [Google]
armie-hammer-pic.jpg
11KB, 313x417px
Armie Hammer

but who else?
>>
>>79007122
Bale
>Bateman in an iron man suit
>>
nobody if they replace him without rebooting the whole MCU.

nobody can do it better than he does. Stan Lee himself said Downy IS Iron Man. he's easily the most popular avenger in the set and if he were to leave and they don't reboot it, they shouldn't recast him at all.
>>
>>79007122

Colin Farrel.
>>
>>79007515
This. He was so good, he made iron man what he is today.

No one gave a fuck about him before movies now look how much everything centers on him.

When rdj leaves they should kill off tony stark and let one of the other geniuses take up his duties. bruce, challa or hank. it would be perfect if we had reed tho.
>>
>>79007515
I think he genuinely wants to leave.

and his salary is messing up the production budget
>>
James Franco, bitches.
>>
>Near the end of Cap: Civil War
>Tony opens faceplate to say something
>Hear gun shot, blood starts dripping from red spot on Tony's forehead
>Sharon Carter/Agent 13 shot him
>RDj gets to retire, can always come back and say he was shot by a timegun made by Dr. NotDoom
>Spent time with his dad or in the future with Maestro
>We the audience are played for fools
>>
>>79009590
For the drunk side of iron man maybe
>>
>>79010151
You don't actually believe this is in any way, shape or form a real possibility, do you?
>>
just put paltrow in the rescue suit. Shield is tech savy enough to maintain a less advanced iron man that isnt even a weapon
>>
>>79007122
Nobody. Just retire the character. If you want him for cameos, then just use the suit and either have RDJ do VO or get someone that sounds like him to do their best RDJ impression.
>>
They won't replace him without rebooting the entire MCU. RDJ is forever Tony Stark to normals. They could always have Don Cheadle as Rhodey step up to the plate, but it wouldn't be the same and no one gives a single shit about War Machine anyway.
>>
>>79007122
Don Cheadle
>>
File: 800x10007.jpg (112KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
800x10007.jpg
112KB, 800x1000px
>>79007122
Aidan Turner
>>
>>79007619
I don't think they would use Hank pym as a smart guy, sure he engineered the pym particles but I doubt he would want to work for the avengers
>>
>>79007137
I am glad you could read the calendar.
>>
>>79010650
This
Dr Strange is gonna be new their Iron Man anyway. That's why they got Cucumber. His fangirls will make him as popular as Iron Man and will tear you to pieces if you don't like Strange.
>>
>>79010343
I'd actually love to see that as a bridge between RDJ and whoever they pick next. It would give people a chance to cool down.
>>
File: 22663_ppl.jpg (63KB, 644x270px) Image search: [Google]
22663_ppl.jpg
63KB, 644x270px
>>79007122
No one. No one can replace Robert Downey Jr. He was THE Iron Man. If he ever can't reprise that role, we should leave Iron Man be for a while, at least until another equally perfect Tony Stark comes along. But that won't be for a very long time.
>>
Zac Efron
>>
File: legolas is perturbed.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
legolas is perturbed.gif
1MB, 296x160px
Movie Iron Man was written to be Robert Downey Jr., not Tony Stark.
>>
Drake Bell sure is willing to do anything, and he could clunk around in a suit.
>>
>>79009492
Its because he wants to leave that his salary is so high
He holds all the cards
>>
>>79010151
>>79010184
Not him, but thematically it could work, switching out cap and iron man's deaths from the comic version
But it wont happen because people fucking love iron man
>>
>>79013213
>Tony a dirty brit-bong
>/trash/
>>
File: jlawlockjaw.jpg (65KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
jlawlockjaw.jpg
65KB, 480x720px
Can't stop the Progression Parade!

And Han Solo.

And Indiana Jones.
>>
File: LyJs9TaZoqLwSRj1SeM7l8_BuWI.gif (922KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
LyJs9TaZoqLwSRj1SeM7l8_BuWI.gif
922KB, 500x281px
>>79007353
>Bateman in an iron man suit
hmm...just IM3 all over again aint it?
>>
>>79007515
>>79007619
>>79017150
Feige did say he would "James Bond" the role.
>>
>>79021863
I would Doctor Parnassus the role and write a story that gives Tony a reason to change his appearance a lot. Make him a spy or a fugitive and he Stark techs a new disguise each movie.
>>
>>79022142
is the face mask thing stark tech?
>>
>>79007122
Roswell was a good show
>>
>>79010184
Nah I did think for a minute they could pull a bait and switch and kill Iron Man instead of Cap, but definitely not in that way.
Also haven't heard anything outside of this thread saying RDj wanted out, and definitely plan to see him in IW so 100% doubt he's dying.
>>
They could easily have one of their other characters take on the role of Iron Man.

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine are all personas that are non-essential to the Avengers brand and are all played by actors strong enough to play the lead in a new "Iron Man" movie.
>>
>>79021709
Patrick Bateman, dumbass.
>>
>>79007122
I don't really care...
>>
>>79024865
cared enough to post and let everyone know you didn't care.
>>
>>79024865
As long as the next one is still white and not a old Manlet.

I don't care that much either if they recast him I would still watch it
>>
They could work the recast in the story. Have Tony's mind be transfered into a new body because of infinity stone bullshit or something. It's a cape flick, they can just do whatever the fuck like in the comics.
>>
nobody. Why people is asking for a reboot? do you really need this? maybe everyone here is working for disney and need another gold mansion or something
>>
>>79026721
Downy is getting too old for the kids
>>
>>79007584
Yes please
>>
>>79007122
CGI of Robert's likeness
>>
No one. Tony Stark should die/retire. If Marvel truly believes in their cinematic universe they can survive without him. If they don't then it deserves to crash when they try to replace him with someone who has a fraction of the paycheck and none of the charisma
>>
File: jeffrey-dean-morgan[1].jpg (79KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jeffrey-dean-morgan[1].jpg
79KB, 769x1024px
I've always thought pic-related would be a good choice for a more-comic accurate Stark.

He's not a whole lot younger than RDJ though.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.