[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The BFG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

>Directed by Steven Spielberg
>Animated by Disney and DreamWorks
>Stars Mark Rylance, Penelope Wilton, Rebecca Hall and Bill Hader to name a few.
>Based on a beloved book
Will this be the best animated movie of 2016? It seems that there is hardly any talk going on about it.
>>
WTF?

This is a thing?

Wow, this totaly slipped under the radar.
>>
>>79006938
Oh shit I'm actually interested. Roald Dahl stories are awesome
>>
I hope they use the Doom 1/2 designs instead of the Doom 4 ones.
>>
>>79007021
The Doom 3 design was good
>>
>>79007021
>TFW you keep translating BFG as Big Fucking Giant because of this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5MtenlP-A
>>
>>79006938
>Animated by Disney and DreamWorks
Wot
>>
>>79007140
oh it's not animated

Well fuck that then
>>79007170
I just saw the Disney logo on the title and assumed it was animated
>>
>>79007140
I like how the BFG moves at a regular speed and not the 'big = slow' thing they do with most giants.
>>
The BFG was my favorite book when I was a kid, I'm really hyped about this.
>>
>>79010676
The Witches is the better Dahl book senpai
>>
>>79006938
But that cartoon was made years and years ago.
>>
>>79007021
If you've seen the preview video/gameplay the designs are pretty much all 1/2 but changed up a little. Mancubus, for instance, looks more like a lizard, zombies are now more oddly inhuman, imps are weird, Revenants have JETPACKS, etc.
>>
File: latest[1].png (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
29KB, 640x480px
>>79006938
>BFG
>>
File: BFG giants 1989.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BFG giants 1989.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I remember the 1989 animation version,
man the child-eating giants were freaky. It's actually a really dark story
>>
>>79006938
You do know that the bfg already had a great animated movie right? Hell you can watch out all on YouTube. It's worth a look.
>>
>>79010932
See >>79007269
You think I would know there is a version that is animated now that you have this info? I would delete this thread if I could but seems you can't even do that anymore.
>>
>>79010982
Well but I'm glad to know of the film and also remember the existence of the animated film from 1989. I think there's a lot of old, good animation like that that gets forgotten because it wasn't made by a major studio
>>
>>79010726
Not that anon, but the Witches already had a movie.
>>
>>79010927
Got a link?
>>
>>79006938
It's not animated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5MtenlP-A
>>
>>79011898
I assume they're referring to the BFG and other giants. If it's paced the same as the original film, Sophie's going to be the only live action element in a fair chunk of the film.
>>
>>79010927
> a really dark story
Just like most of Dahl's kids stuff. Dude hated being famous for being a children's author.
>>
>>79014453
well i think he hated what 'kids stuff' became. he originally wrote for the kind of kid HE was. the one that wanted to read gruesome stuff.. hell that one book was semi autobiographical, the one about poachers. shit was dangerous as hell. you'd never get that made into a movie or anything now.

but yeah i'm amazed this is being made and I think we all know how sanitized it's going to be.
>>
>>79011658
It's on youtube, I saw it recommended at the end of the live action trailer at this thread. "BFG full movie" should get it
>>
>>79014453
Most of Dahl's stuff in general was very dark or macabre. His short stories are also amazing.
>>
>>79014859
Those shorts are his best works IMO.
>>
>>79014825
>>79011658
Found this one at least, there's another version in the "up next"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ey1PYsLGzE
>>
>>79007140
>Set in England
>"boogeyman"
>Not "bogeyman"
>>
>>79011311
Speaking of which, wasn't there talk a few years ago about Guillermo del Toro planning a stop-motion animated adaptation of Witches? It'd be nice to see something along those lines happen someday, especially with the hope that it captures Dahl's dark tone a bit better. I've read that Dahl himself was very dissatisfied with the old Witches film.
>>
Holy Shit, Mark Rylance is legit one of the best actors working at the moment.

Seen him on stage in London a few times, glad he's getting more film roles.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.