[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't he be fighting ISIS in this day and age the way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16

File: cap.png (467KB, 507x639px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
467KB, 507x639px
Shouldn't he be fighting ISIS in this day and age the way he fought Nazis in the past?

I want to see a new arch nemesis that's some cross between red skull and bin-laden masterminding terrorist attacks and trying to turn the world into an islamic theocracy

And cap could just punch his lights out every now and then

It would be a hit among flag-waving americans and you know it. It's so obvious I can't believe no one thought of it.
>>
It's not PC only villains can fight ISIS like Suicide Squad
>>
Nice try, Frank.
>>
>>79002238
>Captain America stationed in Afganistan
>Fighting Tooth Aches
>>
>>79002238
No, he's currently fighting Trump
>>
>>79002238
Cause liberals
>>
>>79002238
>cross between red skull and bin-laden masterminding terrorist attacks and trying to turn the world into an islamic theocracy
that's Magneto, but with mutants instead of islam
>>
File: Holy_Terror_cover.png (367KB, 499x383px) Image search: [Google]
Holy_Terror_cover.png
367KB, 499x383px
We're not allowed to criticize Islam or to depict the religion in a negative light.
>>
Nazism was not a religious movement.
The moment you claim to be a religion and can do anything you want and not be accountable for it. If anyone tries to attack there'll be a horde of righteousness fighters that will take arms to your cause for you are being oppressed by intolerant fascists.
>>
>>79002997

Why did this become a Donut Steel again, and not Batman like it was originally intended?
>>
>>79002296
>>79002941

The solution is obvious.

Introduce a muslim supporting character who represents moderate islam. Or just show Cap also standing up for the terrestrial victims of ISIS
>>
>>79002296
Green Lantern also fought terrorists but that was before he became a superhero
>>
>>79003051
you mean Kamala?
>>
>>79003016
How big does Scientology have to become before they can break in on that?
>>
>>79002238
they wouldn't be from a real country but from madripoor, and terrorist attacks happen everywhere to do with it all the time
>>
>>79003051
Right have him fight with the so called moderate rebels
>>
>>79002238
Thing is it worked with nazis because you could say "every nazi is a bad person" without causing uproar so having your villain represent nazi imperialism was fine with everyone.

People would associate Cap fighting Osama bin Skull with him fighting muslims/islam in general, because people are dumb. Although I guess you could have the story include some positive muslims fighting alongside Cap to show that #notallsandpeople.
>>
>>79003087
It would probably neeed to be someone more local to the conflict than some girl rom Jersey or whatever it is.
>>
>>79003160

That's really the main problem here.

The Nazis represented a ubiquitous evil. There was literally no way anyone reasonable could argue that what they were doing was right and any sympathiser was a shitty human being anyway.

The problem with ISIS is that they're an extremist sect of muslims and, when you start shitting on or demonising them, it isn't long before people start shitting on and demonising muslims in general, and then controversy arises because not all muslims are extremists.
>>
>>79003259
>not all muslims are extremists
but all extremist are Muslims.
>>
>>79003123
Scientology already enjoys all the perks of religion. Otherwise that blatant cult of money washing would never be tolerated.
>>
>>79003303
actually most extremists are christian
>>
>>79003259
>The Nazis represented a ubiquitous evil. There was literally no way anyone reasonable could argue that what they were doing was right and any sympathiser was a shitty human being anyway.
Thing is this has been also drilled into us by the treatment of nazis in media. Not saying any of what the nazis did was good, but the average German nazi supporter back then probably wasn't as informed about the minutiae of the regime as one would think.
So there's kind of a chicken and egg thing going on: do we use them as irredeemably evil in media because they were irredeemably evil, or do we see them as being iredeemably evil because that's the media representation we've had of them since forever. You'll note that this started before the discovery of concentration camps.

The other difference being that we're in the information age, and that it's really easy to make a counterpoint to basically anything. If the nazis were big right now you better believe we'd see them differently than what "we" (our ancestors) did when the only information we had on them was basically propaganda from their ennemies.

> it isn't long before people start shitting on and demonising muslims in general
Yeah that's not even necessary for it to be "problematic", just the fact that it could possibly push some undetermined people to dislike muslims in general would be enough for an uproar, no need for a link of causality there.

ISIS aren't a sect per se, they're a political entity comprised of Sunni mulsims.

Btw, all in all, the japanese imperialists and italian fascists got relatively lucky in terms of media treatment compared to zee germans.
>>
>>79003498
Bible thumpers and door to door Mormons aren't even comparable to the representatives of the Jihad. Extremist Muslims act like Christians did 400 years ago, prior to the Reformation. Islam's problem appears to be that it never went through one.

>>79003016
>If anyone tries to attack there'll be a horde of righteousness fighters that will take arms to your cause for you are being oppressed by intolerant fascists

Only Islam really has that perk, since, unlike with Catholicism and the boy diddling jokes it invites, morons used to be, and still are to a lesser extent, under the misconception that Muslims are a race.
>>
>>79003655
Reformations cause schisms, schisms are the very reason muslims are killing each other like they're at Malebolgia's birthday (like the christians did among themselves right after the reformation too), which is also part the reason they're so much of a problem for the west aswell.

>Only Islam really has that perk, since, unlike with Catholicism and the boy diddling jokes it invites
To that point there do exist many representations of christian sects as "axis of evil" of some sorts in comics, although I'm not so sure in capes.
>>
>>79003655
>morons used to be, and still are to a lesser extent, under the misconception that Muslims are a race.
This is weird to me. You don't get people assuming all Indians are Hindu or all Japanese are into hinduism, so why with middle eastern people and Islam?
>>
File: This post.png (106KB, 710x670px) Image search: [Google]
This post.png
106KB, 710x670px
Agent venom IS the captain america of today beside falcon.
>>
>>79002238
it was an arc called "The New Deal". it kicked fucking ass with top tier art.
>>
A group like ISIS wouldn't be able to exist in a world with SHIELD and Tony Stark. Only huge terrorist groups with crazy tech and superpowers like HYDRA can hope to survive in a world like Marvel's.

ISIS wouldn't be able to exist in the Marvel Universe. There are too many people and things that can track them down and wipe them out.
>>
>>79003655
Catholicism still gets away with ludicrous shit, and will always do.
Religion is an invincibility shield.
Rape, pedophilia and murder means nothing under the sacred sheets.
>>
>>79003754
>You don't get people assuming all Indians are Hindu
But that's wrong though, you do.

>or all Japanese are into hinduism
Most people I would guess assume the japanese are buddhist.

Hell, lots of Americans think "hispanics" are a race.
>>
Isn't the Ten Rings basically the Marvelverse equivalent of shit like ISIS and Al Qaeda?
>>
>>79003869
I don't believe that, most of the people around me have at least that much social awareness and I'm from some podunk sub-5k population town in middle America.
>>
>>79003754
Japs are Buddhists....I think. I mean Shinto isn't a big thing anymore right?
Also people don't assume Indians are Hindus?
>>79003842
The answer is simple, SUPERISIS!
>>79003905
Did they bring that over into comics yet?
>>
>>79003905
Does not exist in the comics.
>>
File: Africa..png (337KB, 637x202px) Image search: [Google]
Africa..png
337KB, 637x202px
>>79003842
Except it's been made obvious that they're not that into ingerence.
I mean you'd assume shit happens outside of New York and the couple places they visit regularly, but most of the world remains unseen most of the time, so you have to imagine that the unvisisted places could be governed upon by warlords, some of them obviously having some superpowers, since why the fuck not.
>>
>>79003920
Well the Japanese sure as hell aren't hinduist.
>>
File: 467036730.jpg (211KB, 818x431px) Image search: [Google]
467036730.jpg
211KB, 818x431px
>>79002238
You will never see Captain America waging war against Muslim terrorists because today's Marvel has no balls in the modern political climate. They are more concerned with political correctness and forced diversity than staying true to Cap's character. If anything, their next stunt will be a Muslim Captain America, because the crowd they currently pander to would love that.
>>
>>79002238

Nah, the real problem is some idiot running for president, not those murderers and rapists attempting to terrorize western civilization.

Besides, combating them would be...problematic.
>>
>>79003123
They already do that, they're already nearing jonestown levels of crazy, if not worse, and they're recognized by the IRS as a religion.
>>
File: 1451556430184.jpg (58KB, 408x580px) Image search: [Google]
1451556430184.jpg
58KB, 408x580px
>>79003259
>not all muslims are extremists
>>
>>79004062
>You will never see Captain America waging war against Muslim terrorists because today's Marvel has no balls in the modern political climate.
That's why New Suicide Squad is awesome with them fighting Russians and talibans.
>>
>>79004062
This can't be a real image, the person who made this would have to posses zero understanding of what ISIS is
>>
File: 1451870260696.jpg (74KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
1451870260696.jpg
74KB, 500x711px
>>79004547
>>
>>79003259
What the fuck ever, anon. ISIS is practicing Islam chapter and verse from the Koran. That's why so-called moderates are never able to defeat their ideology. They can't cite to anyplace in the Koran that says not to be a terrorist against the infidels.
>>
>>79004547
It's Occupy Democrats. If they actually understand an issue, they will make themselves willfully ignorant of it.
>>
>>79003743
>To that point there do exist many representations of christian sects as "axis of evil" of some sorts in comics, although I'm not so sure in capes.
X-men used to fight extremist Christians
>>
>>79004788
Same extremist Christians that don't go to fight heathens, desu.
>>
>>79004652
Mohammed was pretty bipolar

> Jews and Christians are people of the Book and worship the same God, they deserve our protection
> Some Jewish Scholars mocked me, kill ever Jew in this city
>>
>>79003041
DC didn't want to publish it
>>
>>79004304
Spicy meme there, friendo.

X^D
>>
Who's the highest profile islamic terrorist supervillan? I can't think of any. Closest I can come up with is that Rustam guy from suicide squad.
>>79003041
Because DC doesn't want that shit.. And frank miller has been on a crazy rage train for who knows how long?

>>79003087
Kamala is probably better off staying the fuck away from politics.

>>79003123
Big enough to seriously affect sales.
>>
File: Captain-America-2-July-2002.jpg (44KB, 400x605px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-America-2-July-2002.jpg
44KB, 400x605px
>>79004062
>>79002238
>You will never see Captain America waging war against Muslim terrorists
I take it NOBODY in this thread read Marvel Knights: Captain America (also known as Vol 4)
>>
Cap has mainly been about fighting for personal freedom and liberty.

He's not really an allegory for america in the geo political climate.

he's more an idealized person who embodies the virtues that were so important to the founding fathers in creating this country.

I'd say he should be more about fighting institutions that wish to use people as "means to an end". Or that wish to take away personla liberty and freedom.
>>
>>79005078
Man that entire volume of Captain America sucked. Cassaday's art in the early issues was its only redeeming quality.
>>
>>79005095
People who want to murder artists for drawing pictures of Muhammed sound like they're trying to take away people's liberty and freedom.

I would think Steve being an artist, and the artists of Marvel would be very sensitive to that.
>>
>>79005173
>and the artists of Marvel

I'd be surprised if any of them made any comments other than " the loss of life is tragic. "

American artists mostly seemed silent or " well they shouldn't have drawn that"
>>
>>79005173
aren't those artists doing it purposely to instigate Muslims though?

sounds like a gross missuse of power, even if it is protected under free speech
>>
>>79005203
They should let Ben Garrison make a Captain America comic.
>>
>>79005078
Somebody should storytime this so that people will see the real reason Cap doesn't fight Muslim terrorists: they tried it and it sucked
>>
>>79002238
They should do a few issues where The Super Soldier serum wears off and he has to apologize to everyone for his privledge.
>>
>Comparing Nazis to ISIS
>Being this fucking murrican

Cap doesn't go after government sponsored terrorism, why do you think he turned a blind eye to Sentinels
>>
File: cap1a-620x937.jpg (122KB, 620x937px) Image search: [Google]
cap1a-620x937.jpg
122KB, 620x937px
>>79005078
>>79002238
>>79005569
It showed promise at the beginning, especially the scene of Steve Rogers saving people after 9/11 (much more effective than that Spider-Man story) but it all went downhill from there
>>
>>79005599
>where The Super Soldier serum wears off
Casual detected.
The Super Soldier Serum wore off over a year ago and Steve is now an old man.
>>
>>79005604
Because he has honorary Friends of Humanity membership?
>>
>>79005618
Oh I'm definitely a casual these days. No shame about it, I follow this stuff as best I can.

It's fucking lame that he's alive. He should've stayed dead at the end of Civil War and had it count for something, but typical lack of balls on Marvel's part.
>>
File: 1435600291181.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1435600291181.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
>>79003259
>when you start shitting on or demonising them, it isn't long before people start shitting on and demonising muslims in general
And this NEVER happened with Germany in general.
>>
>>79005709
So you hadn't heard that Sam Wilson, the Falcon, was the new Captain America?
>>
>>79003041
DC was scared.
>>
>>79002238
He's too busy fighting the need to poop in his pants right now. Also he's too busy defending his right to the early bird special at Denny's.
>>
>>79005804
I knew.
I also knew that Steve had a Batman-esque trip through time because a Deus ex plot device of a bullet. A life model decoy would have been a better choice. But Marvel.
The original Captain America was black too.

My comment earlier was just being snide. Marvel would publish a comic of him, depowered and apologizing for his white privilege, before they would ever publish a classic war style comic of him fighting ISIS.
>>
>>79006030
>The original Captain America was black too.
Bradley came AFTER Steve. Steve got his powers before Pearl Harbour. Bradley got them after.
The fact that in the first issue of Truth we see an issue of Captain America Comics should have made this even more obvious.
>>
>>79006030
>before they would ever publish a classic war style comic of him fighting ISIS
Read Marvel Knights: Captain America if you wanna see Cap fighting muslim terrorists >>79005078 >>79005606
>>
>>79002238
The fight would be over in a week or so if comic book superheroes went at it, they have a few tens of thousands of troops at most. The main thing is the surrounding nations are too busy trying to murder each other to unleash their 5 million or so troops on ISIS. Then factor in the help they get from foreign powers in terms air support ISIS can't hope to match and equipment we send in without care for cost.
Not sure I should go full out /pol/ here. But suffice to say, this isn't an unwinnable war or anything, but the opposition is far too retarded to at least call a truce to weed out ISIS for a few months even.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>79003905
Seen the movies, huh?

That's not how it is in the comics pal.
>>
>>79006062
I thought he was before? My bad like I said I do my best to follow, haven't read Truth.
I do have a digi collection of 40 years of Cap that I'm saving for my annual training.

>>79006071
I should have clarified by saying "in an ongoing"
But there are too many super irrelevant, nothing changes in this mega event events to do quality stories.

If Daredevil works best as a street level hero,
They should be able to do war level stories with cap.
>>
>>79006287
>"in an ongoing"
Marvel Knights: Captain America was an ongoing, just like almost all of the original MK line-up. It's basically Captain America vol. 4, lasted for 32 issues before getting relaunched with Brubaker's run.
As such, it's in the "40 years of Cap" CD-ROM (that's what you have, right?)
>>
>>79002238
Careful OP /co/mblr considers Islam the religion of peace and ISIS freedom fighters.
>>
>>79006342
>and ISIS freedom fighters
Literally nobody in the West supports ISIS.
>>
didnt the original cap die already? so its not like its the same guy fighting nazis that would be around today
>>
File: hitler.jpg (29KB, 614x455px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
29KB, 614x455px
>>79003016
>>
Only slightly related but are there minority villians that are big in marvel? Can only think of Thunderball at the moment. Mandarin of course any more takers?
>>
>>79006308
Well, fuck... My bad anon. Had it in mind that was a mini... I'm not usually this bad. Think it's time for bed.

That's exactly what I have. When I read it, I'm going to remember this thread, heh.
>>
>>79006377
>didnt the original cap die already?
Casual detected. He died after Civil War but came back less than 2 years later.
A year ago he lost his super soldier serum and he's an old man for the time being, but very much alive
>>
>>79005618
Man that upcoming cover with Steve in the place of Hitler triggers Mr something rotten
>>
>>79006409
Off the top of my head: Black Panther villains like Man-Ape and Killmonger, Silver Samurai, Iron Nail, Tombstone, Chemistro, Mr. Negative, Cottonmouth, Centurius, Lobo brothers, Puma and Lady Deathstrike
>>
>>79002238
Nah, he should fight muh eebul dictator oppressing dem freedomz and leave when the shit hits the fan and ISIS emerge from the ashes of the fight. Like the true american that he is.
>>
No he can't because in this day and age fighting muslims is considered racist.
>>
>>79006409
Magneto technically
>>
>>79006409
Dr. Doom is Roma
>>
>>79006475
Then explain this comic that came out less than a year ago, where a muslim terrorist got his hands on a Magical Weapon and used it in his Holy War.
Further confirmation that most of /co/ doesn't read comics
>>
>>79005354
Those artists also mock Catholics and Jews without fearing for their lives.

Artwork like Piss Christ is specifically praised because it "challenges the unassailability of religious dogma", except when Islam is involved, in which case it becomes "well, they're a religion of peace, you shouldn't have made them kill you".
>>
>>79006409
Lots of Wolverine villains are Asian.
>>
>>79003655
What are you talking about? There are Christian extremists too. African, Asian and East European countries still have those kind of Christians.
>>
File: mccain-isis.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mccain-isis.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>79006367
>Literally nobody in the West supports ISIS.

Just America.

For fucks sake /co/ how stupid can you be? Isis attacks EVERY enemy of murrika, and leaves israel alone. Isis was foudned by people trained by the mossad and uses equipment that americans left in irak, It took 4 days for the russians to get more results in syria than a whole year of american "bombings". Isis was formed by the same people that were called "rebels" in syria (almost none of them were syrian). McCain joined and primised support to those rebels, half of the people in pic related joined Isis.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/12/politics/syria-rebel-groups-ammunition-50-tons/

Why Captain America doesnt fight Isis??

Isis is not an enemy of america, america is not in war with Isis, and Isis Fights for american interests in the region: desestabilice the region, weaken the secular countries, and protect the saudi and israeli interests.

The big media, like disney is in the same trainn and the American elite and politicians, to create fun stuff that will makes you forget about the real world, create Republican drones and controlled Democrat opossition.
>>
File: 1444447436043.jpg (700KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
1444447436043.jpg
700KB, 1000x767px
>>79006593
>>
>>79006615
How can any of that sound /pol/ to you? How ignorant are you?
>>
>>79006517
As expected, people are ignoring this post since it contradicts their narrative
>>
>>79006778
They don't care, they want to blame liberals, and ignore the real reasons
>>79006593
>>
>>79006517
I have no idea who the fuck that is. Was the story good? Is he a villian of the week, or is there anything interesting about him?
>>
>>79006835
Villain of the week. Heimdall crashes to Earth and this guy stals his sword.
Without Heindall guarding Bifrost, its broken and portals open that causes a bunch of Asgradian creatures to invade the Earth.
To stop him they have to beat this guy and give the sword back to Heimdall, so Black Knighta and Valkyrie (the best swordsmen in the MU according to the comic) fight him along with SHIELD.
That story sets up the plot of the rest of the series.
>>
>>79006778
Or because it's 5am and everybody is asleep.
>>
>>79006891

Retarded Murrikan just shut up, how self centric can you be?
>>
>>79003205
like Cap gets a guide and they become buddies? and preferably lasts pasts that current arc and sticks around for a few arcs before leaving when theyve stayed their welcome
>>
>>79006517
I vaguely remember seeing posts about this guy on my tumblr dashboard. Without commentary about the fact that he was extremist. Which was kinda weird, since half of the scans I see are posted by one of those Harley Quinn fangirls.

If you're wondering why I'd follow someone like that, she posts more pages than anyone on /co/ besides actual scanners and storytimers.
>>
File: Chang_chong_chen.jpg (50KB, 574x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chang_chong_chen.jpg
50KB, 574x480px
>>79007048
>>
>>79002238
Daesh aren't a credible threat on anything like the same scale as the Nazis, OP.

I'm not going to tell you he wouldn't fight them, but it's like this: daesh hasn't taken ground in over a year. They have a slick PR operation and that's about it; they don't have a credible military and that one time that the Iraqi army ran away from them was more to do with being in a town that was, at that time, convinced that daesh was going to run it better than to do with facing a fearsome enemy. The next major engagement they had after that, they came with 9000 troops against a town with maybe 1400 defenders, and they were held off for months and eventually forced to retreat.

Besides which, the Avengers don't do geopolitics except when writers are being retards, and even if Cap were still in the US military (which he hasn't been for a long time), he's not in the air force, which is the only branch cleared for combat operations against daesh right now.

>>79002930
Why would he need to fight Trump? Trump's just another Ross Perot.
>>
>>79002238
Waid's SHIELD #1 had Valkyrie and Black Knight teaming up with SHIELD to take down an ISIS-expie.
>>
>>79003754
>You don't get people assuming all Indians are Hindu
Yes you absolutely do. It's just that a lot of people don't know the difference between Arab and Indian and therefore assume that the Indians are Arabs thus are Muslims. The irony being that they could just be Indian Muslims, but if they knew they were Indians they'd assume they were hindu.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.