[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new 52 was a Mistaké

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: justice league vs meme league.png (1MB, 624x894px) Image search: [Google]
justice league vs meme league.png
1MB, 624x894px
at what point DC changed the good old justice league for the brand new justice league?

I mean, come on, I'm not racist but why did cyborg even enter?, he was a minor character, even in teen titans series.

also, am I the only one who miss the relationship between best green lantern john stewart and hawkgirl?
>>
>>79002223
-Yes the new 52 mostly sucks they're basically gods now, I cant connect to any of it

-NO I don't miss that relationship it was solely developed for the series GLxVixen should be pushed more.

-I like cyborg I can understand why he is chosen they want a black not so rich iron man, we live in the computer age they need a hacker

Who else would it be mister terrific is unknown, They want a more human take than martian

And Aquamans costume still sucks god that orange is horrendous.
Make him a more ofa physical fihhter waterbender while mera is the mage
And make the trident shoot lightning and Ice.
Just look at marvels hydroman
>>
>>79002223
It feels like how Marvel MCUizes their comics sometimes but that stuff doesn't replace the classic incarnation and gets wiped away eventually.

i dunno, it doesn't feel dc
>>
Stop shitposting you fucking Timm baby.
>>
>>79005125
>bumping your shitty bait thread from page 10
>>
>>79005190
>defending nu52

>>79002630
The shitty thing about Cyborg is that they took a character who was really good as a Teen Titan and made him the worst member of the Justice League.
>>
>>79002223

>More New 52 hate

It's over. Move on
>>
>>79002223
>I mean, come on, I'm not racist but why did cyborg even enter?

It should have been the goal of the Teen Titans to become popular enough to support their own books, move on from the titans and let a new generation take over. Nightwing, Starfire and Cyborg have now achieved this. Raven could as well but DC won't give her an on going for some reason
>>
>>79005358

The Cyborg on going is alright. I'm interested in where DC takes him as it's been a very long time since the big two have tried to make a new rogues gallery from scratch. I'd say adding him to the League was worth it just for Grid alone
>>
>>79002223

they wanted a diversity league so they chose Cyborg because he was popular in the cartoon, when they had plenty of other diversity characters to choose from that are incredibly superior to comic book Cyborg.

Such as Mr. Terrific, who was ruined in 52, or Icon who hasn't shown up at all, or Static that would have been much better received than Cyborg, or Firestorm who has been on the league before, John Stewart would have been better than rebooting/not rebooting Hal, etc.

52 is like a waterfall of shit from management.
>>
>>79005358
>The New 52 is bad
It's literally the best DC has been in about a decade or two.
If you actually read comics instead of just watching that shitty cartoon and basing your whole argument around it, you would know.
Post your shelf or longboxes and then maybe i can begin to think about respecting your opinion but so far it's clear all you know about anything comes from that cartoon and the TT cartoon.
>>
>>79005473

But Firestorm did join the Justice League and after forever Evil he just vanished from the roster and it was never explained why
>>
>>79002223
>also, am I the only one who miss the relationship between best green lantern john stewart and hawkgirl?

Do you even read comics? The NooFiddyDoo didn't replace the Stewart/Vixen, because Stewart/Vixen was never a thing in the comics. It was only a thing in the cartoon that ended, like, five years before the reboot happened.

Ironically, it was only AFTER the reboot that DC started publishing a non-tie-in comic that takes place in the DCAU (Justice League Beyond) that featured your favourite ship.

I'm not even saying this to defend the reboot. I mean, overall, I prefer pre-Flashpoint DC. But that doesn't mean that every single DC comic started sucking because of the reboot, or that you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>79002223
Cyborg grew up.
The other TT die or stay kids.
>>
>>79005482

The New 52 has a lot of mediocre and outright bad comics. I don't know why /co/ is so defensive of Nu52
>>
>>79005663

It had far more better titles than DCYou or ANAD had
>>
>>79005663
Because before New52 we were stuck with masterpieces like Cry for Justice, TT: Villains for Hire and Kevin Smith Batman.
The New52 was more good than bad when it started, while right now DC has a lot of quality books
>>
>>79002630
The difference between Marvel and DC is that a majority of Marvels stories are about a social life is affected by being a hero/villain. DCS stories are mostly about how them being a hero is affected by their social life. Marvel is for being relatable. DC is for escapism.
>>
>>79005723
52 is no better than post crisis Comet

fuck you
>>
>>79005731
>>79005731
>Marvel is for being relatable

I think this is true and it's also why I cant stand current Marvel. Iron-Man and Doctor Strange saying they're "facial hair bros of awesomeness" is cringe worthy and just makes everything seem inconsequential
>>
>>79005677

>It had far more better titles than DCYou

No, it fucking didn't.
>>
File: latestCASAG5RR.jpg (66KB, 565x891px) Image search: [Google]
latestCASAG5RR.jpg
66KB, 565x891px
If they wanted a darkie so much they should have chosen Mr Terrific
Fuck Cyborg
>>
File: CometAndyjones.jpg (113KB, 366x445px) Image search: [Google]
CometAndyjones.jpg
113KB, 366x445px
>>79005796
You got a problem with genderfluid shapeshifting centaur angels of love?
>>
>>79005844

Yes, it did.

Action Comics
Aquaman
Captain Atom
All Star Western
Wonder Woman
O.M.A.C
Animal Man
Demon Knights
Frankenstein
Swamp Thing
The Flash

All launch titles that were great
>>
>>79005796
You have to be at least 18 years old to be on 4chan. Also,kid, you should never speak of arguments you obviously know nothing about.
Before the reboot only Batman and Green Lantern related books were strong, while now DC has more books worth reading.
>>
New 52 might have been really shaky, but at least it isn't current Marvel. No company wars here, but Marvel have made me never want to buy another book of theirs again.
>>
>>79005955
Batman has always been shit and has never not been shit, despite his sales numbers, his books are shit.

Comic book Batman is shit
>>
>>79002223
I really liked Cyborg in the Teen Titans cartoon, but he's such a bore in comics. Also, his animated design is much superior.
>>
File: 04-Geoff-Johns.jpg (89KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
04-Geoff-Johns.jpg
89KB, 300x325px
>>79002223
>at what point DC changed the good old justice league for the brand new justice league?
>I mean, come on, I'm not racist but why did cyborg even enter?

The CCO, was afraid that with the movie in coming the executives would force Hal out of the league to put Black Lantern in, so he kicked out MM of the league.

Is that simple and pathetic.
>>
>>79006919
This guy is the cancer of the DC.Ruined flash.Somebody needs to punch his pathetic face
>>
>>79006992
The guy was great as a writter, the problem is that they gave a fanboy too much power. The CCO Job was clearly bad for him. Johns under didio did great things, he just got lucky that he was one of the few at DC with a media related degree
>>
>>79005882
Literally who?
>>
>>79005358
>>defending nu52

You act as if it's some sort of wild flight of irrationality to defend a move that got DC out of a huge rut and improved 9/10 of their comics.
>>
>>79006992
>ruined Flash

But post-reboot Flash was vastly improved over the ongoing that came before, why would you complain about-

Oh, you're a Wallyfag.
>>
>>79006992
Wallyfags bitch almost as hard as Stewartfags.
>>
>>79002223
The new 52 is fine despite all it's faults. The biggest mistake was throwing out the old continuity. They could have simply retell their old origin stories at the start. And why not include notes at the end about major events regarding each book, like Blackest Night or Batman's ''death'' in Final Crisis. Marvel has no problem getting new readers despite the boatload of events and decades of backstories. Pre-New 52 DC wasn't THAT hard to get into. Like at all.
>>
>>79006992
The guy that did the best Flash run ruined Flash? top lel kid.
>>
>>79007311
>But post-reboot Flash was vastly improved over the ongoing that came before,

And that could had been fixed by a new writter, no need of new52
>>
File: CvrGrls_HarleyQuinn.jpg (232KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
CvrGrls_HarleyQuinn.jpg
232KB, 900x1125px
why,jpg
>>
>>79005914

>Captain Atom
>O.M.A.C.
>All-Star Western
>Demon Knights
>Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
>The Flash

These books weren't good. They're at best OK, but most just mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>79007311

>post-reboot Flash was vastly improved over the ongoing that came before

People really, REALLY liked Manapul's Flash? I found it really boring and not engaging at all. The only good thing about it was the art.
>>
>>79007333
That is not Waid.
>>
>>79002630
>hating best leaguer
>>
Nice company war, bros.
>>
>>79007627
>you're not allowed to discuss the reasons why you like one company more than the other
Go back to your safe space
>>
>>79002630
> And Aquamans costume still sucks god that orange is horrendous.
It's gold, I don't recall a single time in the new 52 it's actually been orange.
> Make him a more ofa physical fihhter
He can fight one on one with Wonder Woman, and can throw whole oil tankers at foes underwater, how much more physical can you get?
> And make the trident shoot lightning and Ice.
Then he would just be a rip off of Thor.
And his secondary Trident gifted by Posidon he is using in the current arc morphs into a sword and can shoot lighting.
>>
>>79007661
>Wonder Woman
Arthur and Diana really need to become BFF. Come on DC, it's 2016. He's not having JL friend.
>>
>>79007661
>He can fight one on one with Wonder Woman
Not anymore, Wonder Woman's power level has increased over the years, she's now Superman levels, hell, she kicks his ass more often than not.
>>
>>79007707
They fought evenly briefly in Throne of Atlantis altho she was far from going all out against him.
>>
>>79007830
In Aquaman #1 he's cut by bullet, later he can swim in lava and nothing happens. They really should decide how durable he is.
>>
>>79005417
Raven is supposed to be getting a comic in the future.
>>
>>79007484
And yet still better than anything running pre-New 52
>>
File: necks.jpg (2MB, 1600x2943px) Image search: [Google]
necks.jpg
2MB, 1600x2943px
>>79007830
>>
>>79002630
Cyborg is a teen titan not a justice league character.

you want a black guy on the league take Mister Terrific.
>>
duh
>>
>>79007870
>In Aquaman #1 he's cut by bullet, later he can swim in lava and nothing happens. They really should decide how durable he is.

Diana can be cut by bullets too, but her bones won't get affected.

Most Bulletproof vest can protect you from a bullet but not from a small shitty knife.
>>
>>79008119
>Diana can be cut by bullets too, but her bones won't get affected.
That I didn't know.
It's just my inner autism getting triggered, bullets cut but lava doesn't burn Aquaman.
>>
File: super-powers-team_L13.jpg (78KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
super-powers-team_L13.jpg
78KB, 639x480px
Cyborg in the JLA ain't nuthin' new.
>>
>>79008158
>It's just my inner autism getting triggered, bullets cut but lava doesn't burn Aquaman.
Think about this, pic related can't really resist lava but does give you a huge protection from it, and at the same time your generic kitchen sissors can cut it as easily as a piece of paper.
>>
>>79008119
> Diana can be cut by bullets too
No not In the new 52, she took a nuclear explosion going off literally in her face and only received moderate bruises, true Clark did shield her with his cape at some point within the explosion but she took the initial blast full on.
>>
>>79008206

Yeh, and this farther shows that Johns needs to grow up.
>>
>>79008228
Huh, makes sense.
Now I feel silly.
>>
>>79008243
Comic books. The definition of recycled ideas and readers who keep reading them. But Johns is the one that needs to grow up? Okay.
>>
>>79008250
It's okay, anon. We still love you.
>>
>>79008206
I don't have a problem with him being a member, but there's something about him being one of the founding members that bugs me.
>>
>>79008399
Considering most of his big ideas are the fanfic he did when he was 13, yeah, he needs to grow up.
>>
>>79008441
Aw, I love anons as well.
Still, I wish that Arthur and Diana become JL BFFs on level of old Hal and Barry/Oliver and Clark/Bruce.
>>
>>79007948

You know that's not true.
>>
>>79005417
Comic book Raven is almost as bad as Cyborg. She only has one decent story. ONE.
>>
>>79009304
Raven's problem is that comic writers have no idea what to do with her besides constantly using Trigon.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.