[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom King, Scott Snyder, and Geoff Johns working on something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 17

File: dickcrisis.jpg (310KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dickcrisis.jpg
310KB, 791x1200px
http://www.newsarama.com/27525-robin-war-s-surprise-ending-and-the-big-dc-events-to-come-spoilers.html

>It's hard to say. That's so much stuff going on. But we have such huge plans for the DCU and what's coming in the next few months, in terms of how the whole universe interacts. I've been on the phone with Scott and Geoff Johns, and we're trying to make a huge story that the fans will dig, and these events are sort of leading up to that story.

>I like to think of it as almost those awesome events that happened before the weekly 52 launch? Like those kind of things? Like, that's how I feel. There's something big coming, and you're just starting to hear the drumbeats.
>>
>>78965883
>Snyder

Ehh, no.
>>
>>78966014
It'll be to do with Dick being in the Court so Snyder'll wanna look after his baby
>>
>>78966014
He's probably just filling Tom King in. With how much critical acclaim Grayson and King have gotten and King showing he is well versed in the Bat mythos, I'd say King is on pace to take over the Bat books.
>>
>>78965883
With Rise of the Seven Seas, JL/JLA crossover and now this man Geoff Johns is going to be a very busy man next year.
>>
>>78965883
Sounds like the Owls won't really do much in the current Spyral storyline, other than maybe a few background mentions.

Since Robin War was originally announced as a smaller crossover, it seems that editorial added the Owls plot in as a lead-in for the bigger project
>>
>>78966159
Rise of the Seven Dicks
>>
>>78965883
Oh god, can we get a 52 2? Snyder Johns King and Morrison could actually pull that shit off.
>>
>>78966159
Isn't he writing something for Milestone's comeback too?
>>
File: Who the hell is.png (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Who the hell is.png
84KB, 300x300px
>>78966804
>52 2 may actually be happening
i am not ready
>>
>>78966093
I pray to god that he does
>>
>>78966093
>I'd say King is on pace to take over the Bat books.
but he can't take over the Bat books AND the Lantern books ;_;
>>
>>78967236
Yes he can. CIA is omnipotent
>>
>>78967236
King could do both. Johns used to juggle a shit load of big books before.
>>
>>78967197
Why would you want that? The day he writes a book that sells over 50k is the day /co/ turns on him
>>
Could someone post some examples of good King writing? Outside of the backwards Grayson issue everything I've seen makes it seem like he's overrated.
>>
>>78967435

There was a clever bit in the last issue of Omega Men involving Hypnos.
>>
Plz just put good writers on Flash, WW and Aquaman.

There's no excuse to have justice leaguers getting shit on in their main lines.
>>
>>78967435
Vision
>>
I'm pretty hyped about Dick joining the court, it'll lead to some insane quadruple betrayal spy clusterfuck.
>>
>>78967317
I don't give a fuck if /co/ turns on him because he gets popular. If he's still writing good comics, I'm still going to like him.
>>
>>78967658
Aquaman is getting Abnett back so that's something, he's a relatively decent writer.
>>
>>78967729
That's what they all say, anon.
>>
>>78967792
He's good? I haven't read his stuff before.
>>
>>78967314
To the detriment of half those books. King is good because he's focused so let him stay focused. Don't spread him too thin.
>>
>>78965883
so when is tom king getting a goddamn exclusivity?

the only downside is it would be the end of Vision, but the book will probably die before issue 12 due to low sales anyway.
>>
>>78967920
Vision is King's weakest so far. Or maybe I think that just because I really don't care for that character.
>>
>>78968016
I agree, although Vision is still pretty great

Sheriff of Babylon and Omega Men are better in general
>>
>>78968016
I like it because it feels like something genuinely different out of Marvel's current offerings. I can't think of any other writer who would look at Vision and think up the story Tom King has.
>>
>>78967920
The fact he's in talks with Johns and Snyder is a good sign to me. Doyle also isn't an idiot so he should have a pretty smooth time
>>
>>78967314
>Johns used to juggle a shit load of big books before.

And the quality went to shit, and he can't even handle one title currently.

King doesnt really need Johns or snyder.
>>
File: 1416121007947.png (283KB, 411x310px) Image search: [Google]
1416121007947.png
283KB, 411x310px
>>78965883
>mfw they make the "Jokerz" faction into a big thing like in Batman Beyond
>mfw they finally make the Joker be just like Psycho Pirate
I wouldn't know what to feel.
>>
>>78966014
I'd much prefer Snyder to Tynion or Lobdell.
>>
>>78968016
It's probably because you don't care. It's entertaining as fuck seeing how the trainwreck stated in the beginning is going to happen.
>>
>>78968016
I disagree.
>>
>Based King and Based Johns working together

muh Dick

>Snyder

dropped
>>
>>78967880
>>78968380
I don't know, Johns was great on Flash/JSA, JSA/52/GL, GL/Superman, GL/Aquaman

It's mostly that when he leaves books they go to shit
>>
File: 1441251821971.gif (672KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
1441251821971.gif
672KB, 400x246px
>checking my twitter feed
>"oh is that Geoff's dog? I wonder why-"
>>
>>78967171
>>78966804
People thought Futures End was going to be 52 2.0.

And we all know how that turned out.
>>
>>78968827
Why did they think that when only like one of the creators was good?
>>
I'm pretending that King and Johns are working on a "Make Wally Great Again" plan
>>
>>78967317
Guardians of Infinity sold well for an issue, and we still love Abnett.
>>
>>78968802
>King_Crimson_bullies_a_child.gif
>>
>>78968802
Christ that man cannot catch a break.
>>
>>78968802
:( poor guy, all his doggies keep dying

>>78968858
It might actually be that Dick/JL thing King was talking about wanting to do
>>
>>78968855
People have been praying for every major weekly to be 52-2 ever since 52 finished.
>>
>>78968802
Didn't he literally just have another dog die a couple months ago?

The poor guy. ;_;
>>
>>78968802
>>78968909
>implying this won't lead to Johns greatest piece of work yet
I bet Morrison is on the phone to him right now
>>
File: aw hell.png (113KB, 315x319px) Image search: [Google]
aw hell.png
113KB, 315x319px
>>78968802
oh man he hasn't even had that dog a month, that's so sad ;_; didn't he lose another one earlier in 2015 too?
>>
>>78968901
People were hoping BRE would be 52 2 and were quite sure of it since Valentine, Seeley, and Orlando were writers.

52 was a fucking fluke. Not even Marvel can make weeklies work since Wolverines was shit too.
>>
>>78968973
Many of the digital weeklies are fine, but you're never going to get the kind of talent just working on the fly that made 52 happen
>>
>>78968973
It was a fluke that can never be replicated because it was a nightmare for editors involved in it.
>>
>>78969005
>Many of the digital weeklies are fine

Because they're entirely different from something like 52.
>>
>>78969005
>Many of the digital weeklies are fine
those are also 40 pages a month, not 80+
>>
why does everybody hate snyder?
wytches, the wake and american vampire are all great.
his swamp thing and superman books were decent
and batman isn't even horrendously bad its mostly average/middle of the road
>>
>>78969031
>>78969041
this plus they also typically have only one writer, not three or four collaborating, they tell one story, and the art is garbage half the time
>>
>>78969061
His Bruce run has been mediocre, but if this is a Dick-focused thing it might be good.
>>
File: GRAY_Cv18.jpg (303KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GRAY_Cv18.jpg
303KB, 791x1200px
Grayson #18

>At last, the spy stands alone. Now an agent of multiple masters, Grayson must go rogue from them all, find the truth within the web of lies, and take down Spyral once and for all.

Looks like the CoO bullshit will be seeping into Grayson's main story
>>
>>78969061
He's a popular writer and the general consensus here is he sucks writing the Joker (who he loves) and can't do endings to save his life.
>>
>>78967317
When has that ever happened here?
>>
>>78969061
Not one of the guys that bitched so far about Snyder in the thread but I've definitely not enjoyed his Batman. I don't know how, but he managed to make every story mind numbingly boring. Something about his execution feels dry.
>>
>>78968016
You really have to look at the story as a whole. The Vision's more of a catalyst (and oblivious instigator) of the plot.
>>
File: NAAARGH.png (106KB, 192x388px) Image search: [Google]
NAAARGH.png
106KB, 192x388px
>>78969098
Let's hope this doesn't cause Grayson's quality to start going down like it does when the batfamily seeps in.
>>
>>78969098
It had already been hinted that Spyral might not exist forever given how King said that Grayson isn't a "Grayson: agent of spyral" book.
>>
>>78969098
Read the whole interview
>Nrama: Then I looked closer at the cover of upcoming issues, and I noticed the owl on the front of Grayson #18, and the solicitation copy that says Dick is serving "multiple masters."

>King: I hate solicits.

>Nrama: So is this something that's going to continue in Grayson for a while?

>King: Yeah, I mean, it's a huge story. It's something that Tim and I have been talking about pretty much since Day One of Grayson. This is all part of the plan moving forward, with what Dick Grayson's going to be up against.

>Nrama: So are you confirming that Grayson #18 has an owl on the cover because of the Court of Owls?

>King: [Laughs.] I know nothing! I can say nothing!
>I used to work for the C.I.A.! You can't get it out of me, all right? I'm professionally trained!

>Nrama: OK, then, let's talk about Robin War. From the beginning, you've been saying that the story revolved around what it meant to be a Robin. But with this ending, it seems that the other central part of this story was bringing back the idea of Dick Grayson as this "Gray Son" of the Court of Owls, even bringing in Lincoln March to recruit him, right?

>King: Yeah. I said from the beginning that we were doing a big event that was going to change the status quo of what it means to be a Robin, and what it means to this core group of four or five Robins that you've sort of been following for years and years and years. That's what we set out to do, and that's what we did.

>It was a Court of Owls story, it was a Robin story, it was a Dick Grayson story, and it was a Duke Thomas story. And a Damian story.
>>
>>78968930

>Morrison
>A phone

We all know Morrison uses a Palantiri
>>
>>78969061
I enjoyed Black Mirror and Court of Owls (even the ending), but everything he's done after that has been disappointing to me in one way or another.
>>
>>78969165
>Nrama: Let's talk about Dick's decision to join the Court of Owls. Damian made a similar decision at one point in the book. But can you describe Dick's motivation at all?

>King: I mean, the surface reason is fairly simple. Everything that happened was because the Owls were looking for this person, this Gray Son, this "night wing."

>And what his role is in the Owls, and how that relates to the DCU as a whole, is going to be huge. And that's part of a big, upcoming story.

>But they were looking for that figure. And as it was revealed in Kyle Higgins's run on Nightwing and in Scott Snyder's run on Batman, it was always supposed to be Dick Grayson. And he rejected that destiny. And it was this idea to bring him back.

>And the only way to bring Dick Grayson back and get him into the fold, the only thing — and this is what I said in Grayson — is family. Everything to Dick Grayson is about family. And so that's central. "To save your family, you have to come in." And that's what he does at the end. They literally put a bomb inside Damian and they said, "Look, if you don't join us, he's dead."

>So that's the surface reason. That's just the immediate consequence.

>But the Owls have a lot of levels, and so does Dick Grayson. He was confronted with the question, why did you want to be "night wing"? Don't you want to explore that? And I think Dick's curious about it.

>But then on that other side, Dick Grayson is a guy who just penetrated an evil organization named Spyral. He's done this before. And he might think he's smarter than the Owls. And the Owls know that he thinks that.

>And so, on multiple levels, they're playing chess with each other.
>>
>>78969098
That's probably the only legit future solicit. The others have sounded kind of filler-y without a lot of information.
>>
>>78969200
>Nrama: Can you talk about what's coming up in Grayson next?

>King: Sure, this is part of a bigger story. This Owl thing is going to be like a ticking time bomb. It's going to be in the background of the story for a little while.

>What we're dealing with immediately in Grayson is, as readers saw in the two issues before Robin War, Spyral has this sort of evil center to it, which was set up way back in Batman Inc.. And Grayson has now dedicated himself to taking down Spyral. And so you have Grayson and Tiger, these two agents, versus Spyral, and the head of Spyral, which is Helena Bertinelli, Grayson's somewhat love interest and almost his best friend. And so it's Dick Grayson versus Spyral, Dick and Tiger versus Helena.

>And the next issue is so much fun. It's sort of my love letter to the spy genre, and to James Bond, and all the tropes we get to play with in this.
>>
>>78969165
>King: [Laughs.] I know nothing! I can say nothing!
>I used to work for the C.I.A.! You can't get it out of me, all right? I'm professionally trained!

Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>78969237
>Nrama: We also know from the last issue of Batman that Bruce Wayne now remembers that he's Batman. And indications from upcoming solicitations are that he's going to be back in the cowl.

>King: What? What? [Laughs.] Nobody told me this! Spoilers! Spoilers!

>Nrama: I assume that, if — maybe I should say if — Bruce Wayne fully takes on the job of Batman again, that will affect Dick Grayson's mission. When he originally went into Spyral, it was in the service of Bruce Wayne, right?

>King: Yeah. I think that's going to have a huge impact on his book.

>It's hard to say. That's so much stuff going on. But we have such huge plans for the DCU and what's coming in the next few months, in terms of how the whole universe interacts. I've been on the phone with Scott and Geoff Johns, and we're trying to make a huge story that the fans will dig, and these events are sort of leading up to that story.

>I like to think of it as almost those awesome events that happened before the weekly 52 launch? Like those kind of things? Like, that's how I feel. There's something big coming, and you're just starting to hear the drumbeats.

>You didn't ask about how the Court of Owls has a court in every city.

>Nrama: Yeah, they're international. That just makes me think Dick's in this to take them down. I don't want to ask point-blank spoilers, but with him being an international spy now, and him infiltrating this international evil organization, the implication is there that he's joining just so he can take them down.

>King: I think it would be stupid for me to deny that that would be Dick's first instinct. I mean, Dick Grayson's not evil.

>But, I think, as smart as I am, the Owls are that smart as well. They know that that's Dick Grayson's first thought. And it's their move next. They're using that as a hook to bring him in. It's like, "Ha ha, you think you're going to penetrate us. Guess what?" Similar to what Spyral did. The parallel between those two are not accidental.
>>
>>78969098
Curious to see the next solicit
>>
>>78965883
Its about time they started putting Snyder on event books
Tom King is quality to he has written some really good books for DC
>>
>>78969264
Solicits should be next week right?
>>
>>78969264
Yeah
>>
>>78968864
Yeah but it won't last, will it?
>>
>>78969320
Yeah it's usually third week right? Just feels longer because December had 5 weeks.
>>
>>78969200
>And he might think he's smarter than the Owls. And the Owls know that he thinks that.

KEIKAKU
>>
>>78969262
I just don't like this Robin War stuff getting intermingled with Grayson because Grayson is amazing and this was kind of disappointing.
>>
>>78969293
really snyder's writing style of big and epic long 10-12 issue shit is really more suited for events
>>
>>78969364
Or 5 Tuesday/Wednesdays rather
>>
>>78968858
>>78968892
>Dick brings back his bro from the abyss
>>
>>78969380
I thought the King parts were fine, but they should have gotten one artist to do the two bookends if it was going to matter. Felt kind of pieced together.
>>
>>78969024
Dan Didio hated it, and insisted that Countdown was "52 done right"
>>
>>78969440
And he was right, 52 was a fucking mess with all the behind the scenes disorganization and drama. It's truly amazing that it was as good as it was even with all the talent involved.
>>
>>78969440
he meant editorially

52 was a complete nightmare for the editors, Countdown was more organized even though it turned out to be shit
>>
>>78969498
>>78969501
Obviously the formula is to do something that editors hate, right?
>>
>>78969544
Perhaps, but with 52 it was so disorganized they could get away with it. Normally they keep an eye out for stuff they hate
>>
if it is a 52 style weekly, what will be the major characters you think?
>>
>>78968802
>It has a Brain tumor
Goddammit, why do bad shit happen to good people ?
>>
>>78969643
Grayson Dick
Talon Dick
DickBats
Harem Dick
>>
>>78969716
Crisis on Infinite Dicks
>>
>>78969716
And ASBAR Dick since King clearly put that lemonade line in Grayson #12 for a reason.
>>
>>78969643
I think King was referring more to the lead up stories to Infinite Crisis. So maybe OwlDick will have mini leading into he next big event
>>
Whats '52-2'?
a re-reboot?
>>
The DC universe will learn the true meaning behind the phrase Unity through Dick
>>
>>78969061
popular writers on /co/ are considered bad
I can imagine once King gets popular /co/ will turn on him too like they do everyone
>>
File: 52 week 5.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
52 week 5.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>78970005
>he hasn't read 52 yet!
>>
>>78970005
52 is a weekly from a decade ago and is basically the only good weekly there is.

Every weekly since then like Trinity, Countdown, Batman Eternal, Batman and Robin Eternal, etc and Wolverines at Marvel range from mediocre to awful.

"52 2" is us wanting another good weekly.
>>
>>78970005
52 is the best weekly series DC ever published, it was so fucking great people hope for DC to be able to make another weekly as good as that. It was basically a story about the DC universe having a year with no Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman. It's about the gaps they left being filled and new and old heroes stepping up and taking charge.
>>
>>78970075
Well we only hated Johns for like 3 years before we started loving him again
>>
File: 1438990359758.gif (503KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1438990359758.gif
503KB, 500x333px
>>78970079
>"[Scottish, Scottish] Styx, yeah."
>>
File: 4968.jpg (173KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
4968.jpg
173KB, 480x726px
Post your favorite 52 character arc.
>>
>>78970117
When will we like Scott Snyder again?
>>
>>78970204
been a while since I read it, but I remember like the montoya/question stuff and the booster gold stuff towards the end with mr. mind
>>
>>78970213
whenever he publishes his next good cape/stops writing batman

his creator-owned stuff is fine but /co/ mostly reads capeshit
>>
>>78970213
When he's off Batman and on something else probably.
>>
>>78970204
Booster
>>
>>78970259
>>78970261
What if he takes over Wonder Woman?
>>
>>78970234
There was also Black Adam and his family, Doctor Magnus and mad scientist island, Lex giving superpowers to people and Steel kicking his ass after he decides to turn off their powers and have them fall from the sky.
>>
>>78970338
It could only imporove
>>
>>78970338
He can't do worse than the Finches.

Unless he adds Joker. Then it'll be worse.
>>
>>78970338
i think wonder woman stylistically might be a good choice, and he's expressed interest in her or captain america. he wrote wondy for literally 3 pages in unchained so its not much to go off of
>>
>>78970401

>Scott Snyder Cap

I really don't know if that would be fantastic or fucking terrible.

There's really no middle ground there.
>>
>>78970429
he would probably heavily ground it in shit like his batman run like "captain america believes in the real essence of freedom through change, and yadda yadda"

https://twitter.com/ssnyder1835/status/547168273083949057

he wants to do cap, ghost rider, and spider-man at marvel
>>
>>78970338
in an interview he describes his take as hellboy meets captain america in a way that shows why wonder woman is part of the trinity
>>
>>78965883
I hope Johns can just use Dick to finally get those ARGUS plots happening
>>
>>78971076
if I can't have Hal/Dick team up I guess Dick/Steve is the next best thing
>>
>>78971103
Then maybe Steve can be known for something than being Diana's damsel in distress
>>
>>78971194
>being Diana's damsel in distress

you say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>78971222
If that's all people know about him, yeah. Like Dick could still be nothing but Batman's damsel even though he was just a couple events ago
>>
>>78969262
This shit is just going full keikaku-over-keikaku. If Luka Netz and Spyral wasn't enough, now imagine the Court, too? Not to mention, Dick himself is now a keikaku master himself. This is going to be an interesting time to be reading Dick.
>>
>>78971604
I hope it doesn't get confusing after a while
>>
>>78969716
>>78969743
Great.

>>78969897
Sounds about right. All I need is Dick-JL interaction, more DickSupes, and Dick kicking Owlman's ass. Also, rather than just OwlDick, I think we'll be seeing Nightwing back by the time of the event. This also could mean Dick would be in the JL/JLA crossover that is currently planned.
>>
>>78971692
>I think we'll be seeing Nightwing back by the time of the event.
must we
>>
>>78971652
For a lot of people, Grayson is already too confusing. Even Robin War, or rather Grayson #15, was too too much for people.
>>
>>78971739
Probably
>>
>>78971652
So far King has been pretty good at not spoiling the keikaku while it's in progress but then clearing up why and how it worked at the end.
>>
>>78971759
But I don't wanna
>>
>>78971758
What this series needs is more narration boxes telling us what's going on.
>>
>>78971739
I wouldn't mind if King and Seeley stay on with him. But if they leave and it's just back to mediocre Nightwing stories again I'll be disappointed
>>
File: TalonDick.jpg (209KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
TalonDick.jpg
209KB, 488x750px
>>78965883
Calling this shit: Agent 37 is no more after Spyral is disolved, for the time being (maybe Otto/Spyder is taken care of), and he focuses his attention on the Owls. He then uses the name Nightwing again. It's clear it's going to happen, with the way King continues to mention it in relation to the Owls.

I hope we see Nemesis and Minos make their way back. And of course, we would need more on Luka, Tiger, Helena, Alia, and even Elisabeth. I don't want Spyral to go away.
>>
>>78971806
Same
>>
>>78971808
Internal narration captions would really improve Omega Men too!
>>
>>78971808
Yeah, how else are we supposed to know what Dick is thinking?
>>
File: 1451583997715.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1451583997715.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>78967435
Eye balls popped and minds were Scannered after this page.
>>
>>78971808
Don't forget Jason should replace Dick as the main character of everything.

(Do you guys think that Jason will actually get any of specials in 2023 for his 50th?)
>>
>>78971877
I want to see more of the shadow spies we've been hinted at

and more Wildstorm characters, Ladytron made me so happy
>>
>>78965883
Is this breaking the long trend of Marvel poaching rising DC writers with exclusive contracts? Him planning something closely with Johns sounds like he might stick around. I love King's work on The Vision but I want him to continue to do awesome stuff on stuff like Grayson and please oh god give him Green Lantern.
>>
File: TNHUNT-Cv5-0063d.jpg (357KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
TNHUNT-Cv5-0063d.jpg
357KB, 900x1367px
>>78971877
Actually, I'm just going to add, more of the spy shit, in general. The League of Spies is something that I don't want going away. EVER.

ARGUS, Steve Trevor, Waller and the SS are all things that relate to the movies in some way or another, and also are related to the seemingly dropped plot points about ARGUS after Forever Evil, would be cool if Dick just resolved all that shit like the gallant guy he is. Sales could rise, too.

And I wouldn't mind small things with literally every spy agency there is, from the Ghost Dragons, to THEY, obviously more Checkmate.

We also know that Dick will likely go freelance for a bit.

And we still have the God Garden stuff. Sure, Midnighter is mostly going to play with that, but Middy is a recurring character on Grayson, and we know the Garden is supposed to still be relevant.

Being more relevant to the DCU means more big events, and of course, Dick will be in Bat events.

No doubt, the CoO are being reimplemented as a sort of international, secret society under the name PoO (this is absolutely the best thing ever), just so Dick can do some shit with them with higher stakes.

How much shit is Dick going to be doing over the next few years?
>>
>>78970338
I'm willing to bet he takes over WW next year. He'll probably finish out his run on Batman when Capullo comes back for one last arc.
>>
>>78972092
doesn't hurt that they let him do what he wants with his Vertigo book too (though I don't really like it as much as his capeshit, the more gritty political stuff isn't for me).
>>
>>78972092
Good, Vision will get cancelled anyway. He might as well leave on his own terms.
>>
>>78972094
Still want that Steve and Frost series
>>
>>78972524
We all do
>>
>>78972524
I wanna know what those rooms were all about
>>
>>78968016
Dissagree, I really think it's the most "out there" out of his works and that's why it's my favorite.

His use of narration boxes is really, really great in making the whole thing feel claustrophobic and spooky. I think it's his most ambitious book so far and I love it.
>>
>>78969061
the wake was only half good and you know it
>>
>>78968016
I don't think it's his best, but it's definitely fucking great. It's a great approach to the character in dealing with the whole humanity of a superhero robot and having a dark, cold twist to the story sets it apart from the rest of the bland stuff in Marvel's relaunch.

Honestly, I'd rather have this than some other writer's generic cape story focused on Scarlet Witch or Ultron.
>>
File: 1446542958211.png (40KB, 705x541px) Image search: [Google]
1446542958211.png
40KB, 705x541px
>>78969743
>>
>>78971758
Pretty much what's happening on CBR. Tzitzimine has gone full retard trying to bash Robin War, but everything he bitches about could easily be cleared up by someone with the slightest reading comprehension
>>
What if Snyder is leaving Batman to take over Green Lantern and has Omega Men plans?
>>
>>78975218
too many Dicks on the dance floor
>>
>>78975806
That's unlikely, but I honestly don't know how I'd feel about that. Has he ever written Hal before?
>>
>>78976029
Snyder's going somewhere. And I wouldn't think you go from Batman to small characters, especially since he is doing well on Batman.
Pak Superman doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Flash and GL are by the same guy so he might be able to do with just one, and King and Johns both have GL connections.
I guess they could move Snyder to WW and bump off Finch.
Or Johns could be leaving Justice League and Snyder is taking over for him and King is taking over Batman for Snyder.
>>
>>78975806
He has hardly written anything outside of street level and horror books, except for superman unchained. I can't see this happening.

Now that Snyder is popular enough, they can put him on a small book and bump up it's sales. He'll be good on Constantine. I bet Tynion is getting getting ideas from |Snyder himself for that book.

DC doesn't lack names to put on their flagship titles.
>>
>>78976075
It'll probably be WW. Snyder doesn't seem to be the guy to write a space book.
>>
>>78976085
>they can put him on a small book and bump up it's sales
They can do that while keeping him on a flagship title. Happens often enough. In fact I believe it happened with Snyder and Swamp Thing and Batman.
>>
>>78976094
Has he done much with teams? Wondering how Snyder would match with Justice League. I can easily see Johns dropping JL due to time.
>>
>>78965883
>Tom King

I'm not even a DCfag, but I'm already sold.
>>
>yfw E3 Owlman dies and passes the mantle to Dick
>yfw Dick is Owlman
>yfw Damian becomes his Talon
>yfw Owlman & Talon written King
>>
>>78965883
Any comparison to 52 gets my dick rockin
>>
>>78970079
>tfw can't find good direct downloads every 52 issue

man, i want to re-read it so bad, but i dont' want to torrent
>>
>>78970204
Ralph's ending was perfect
>>
>>78966804

I'd read the shit out of that shit.
>>
>>78968827
Jurgens is bad and Giffen, Lemire and Azarello are all hit and miss. It still had it's moments.
>>
>>78970539
I'd kill for a good supernatural/horror/mystic Ghost Rider

Fuck you Marvel.
>>
The new Justice League of America ongoing mentions a new crisis coming.
>>
>>78977405
I think Hitch said JL and JLA were going to crossover this year
>>
>>78976085
>He has hardly written anything outside of street level and horror books, except for superman unchained. I can't see this happening.
Maybe he wants to step out of his comfort zone

I'd read space horror GL
>>
>>78967435
Vision, Omega Men and that Green Lantern one-shot are all great, anon
>>
>>78968016
I don't give a fuck about Vision either, but I love that book.
>>
>>78969544
The book threw away its original idea, ie. retroactively DC lied to the readers what the premise was, a third into the book and they literally were clueless where it was all going, they just made it up as they went, and even when they onky had a mere handful of issues left to the series, nobody knew how it eas going to end.

52 end up being great by sheer accident. There is no way to re-create it. It just ended up being good against all odds.
>>
>>78965883
I do wonder if they made Dick into a spy so Johns could get some of his old plots with ARGUS, the different colored rooms, etc done. Steve Trevor isn't popular enough to have a book long enough for any buildup, and Dick wasn't really doing anything before.
>>
>>78978661
It was 4 all stars doing a jam session that was a love letter to the dcu. It was like a tg thread or online rp but canon
>>
>>78971969
This is so well ryhtymed I can already see the Anime super Transformation sequence coming.after it
>>
>>78968802
>>78968930
>>78969166
>All of Grant and Johns dead pets and family members in heaven as the pantheon of muses
>>
>>78970678
This nigga is ripping off /co/? Good show.
>>
>>78969262
>Even ORGANIZATIONS want to be penetrated by Dick
>>
>>78969200
>This Gray Son, this Night Wing

This is some Transformers tier shit and I love it.
>>
>>78966093
No fucking thanks.
>>
>>78966159
JL JLA crossover? Geoff is currently writing one book...
>>
>>78979264
And Hitch is writing the other.

Though if they have a crossover they may not let Hitch write it since he's that fucking slow.
>>
>>78979274
>>78979264
>>78977442
The fuck y'all mean by crossover? Is JLA in the main continuity where JL takes place as well, just not at the same time, obviously?
>>
>>78979322
Johns said he's planning a JL/JLA crossover.

They're both books about the Justice League, so having a crossover seems easy enough.
>>
>>78979274
I'm pretty sure the only hold up is Hitch's art, not the writing.
>>
>>78979461
If he doesn't have to write then it's just one less thing he has to do
>>
>>78971883
>>78971806
>>78971759
>>78971739
I wouldn't have belived it five years ago, but Grayson has achieved a power to surpass the Bat
>>
>>78972094
World War Dick!
>>
>>78968802
H-hamboiga?

>>78969501
Yeah, so much better organized that they ended up doing exactly the opposite of what Morrison told them to do to prepare for Final Crisis, and he had to go out and tell people to just ignore Countdown.
>>
>>78979254
You handicapped?
>>
>>78967171

Don't fall for it, anon.
>>
>>78979322
yeah JLA is set in the past on Earth-0, a crossover would just bump it to current times probably
>>
>>78978661
And all it took was a simple what if we made Skeets evil? to throw things out of whack

Thank you based Moz
>>
>>78980277
>past
It' somewhere between current and past arc of JL. It's not a lot of time ago.
>>
>>78980482
Yeah but it's not happening right now along with any of the other ongoings so that's by definition the past.
>>
>>78968016
Nah, the purple prose is clumsy and the art is weak.
>>
File: Saywut.png (101KB, 160x210px) Image search: [Google]
Saywut.png
101KB, 160x210px
>>78976574
>>
>>78965883
please lead to Shazam ongoing

So long as it isn't Bat wank I'll be happy.
>>
>>78985520
Is Dick wank Bat wank?
>>
>>78985520
As much as I want a Johns Shazam ongoing it seems like it's the year of Dick.
>>
>>78985663
no
yes

DC's magic side needs an event. We're down to just Constantine now right?
>>
>>78966804
104?
>>
>>78987109
Swamp Thing just started up so
>>
>>78988293
That's just a mini though
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.