[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jessica Jones viewership numbers revealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg (940KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg
940KB, 2000x1000px
>From September through December, the average episode of Netflix’s “Jessica Jones” averaged 4.8 million viewers, according to Wurtzel’s presentation. Netflix’s “Narcos” grabbed 3.2 million while Aziz Ansari’s “Master of None” (produced by Universal TV) grabbed 3 million.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/jessica-jones-narcos-master-of-none-narcos-ratings-netflix-1201679334/
>>
>>78960823
How did Daredevil do?
>>
Man, Narcos is based. I enjoyed it a lot more than JJ.
>>
In case anyone's wondering, these stats put JJ consistently in the Weekly Top 10 by cable standards and the rest consistently in the Top 20 (again, by cable standards).

Broadcast Top 10 ratings range from around 10 to 18 million — which is why NBC is highlighting stats, to try to tell everyone the TV sky isn't falling — but it doesn't matter. Netflix is based on a subscription business model, not an ad model.

Basically, Netflix is doing just fine, and the fact that its original shows are doing this well means we're going to keep getting them. Which is a good thing if you want more seasons of any Netflix shows.
>>
>>78960823
I wasn't on /co/ a lot when this came out, what was the consensus on it? I thought it was decent, but I liked Daredevil better.
>>
Wait, I thought Netflix was adamant about never revealing its viewership numbers? Or was it shown on TV as well?
>>
File: netflix-ratings.jpg (553KB, 1361x608px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-ratings.jpg
553KB, 1361x608px
>>78960875
>>
>>78961106
Mild but warm reception. Normie bitches loved it though.
>>
>>78961063
The problem with Netflix shows is that they have strong beginning episodes and lame finales. DD was incredible in the first 2 eps, outstanding in the following 8, not bad another 2 episodes and a garbage final. JJ was captivating in the first two episodes but goes downhill from the childhood house episode up to the boring final.

I hope they improve their pacing in the DD S2 but they literally have no reason to change anything since their viewership is fine and thus the execs might not give a shit.
>>
>>78960875
Bloodline is so underrated
>>
Whoops
>>78961353 was meant for >>78961140
>>
>>78961278
Both shows had this problem, but it was much worse in JJ. If my girlfriend didn't like it I would have given up mid season. Show needed a more substantial subplot or something.

It triggered me how often they said Kilgrave too.
>>
>>78961278

JJ went full retard once Killgrave got put in the cell.
>>
>>78961278
>J was captivating in the first two episodes
What the fuck show did you watch, by episode 3 nothing was motivating.
>>
I dropped JJ mid season because it couldn't hold my interest.

I couldn't take Kilgrave seriously, he was literally an autistic manchild. JJ was just boring and I couldn't relate to or feel bad to what happened to her. LC was a shitty character too, and he was devoid of personality and I had no reason to give a shit about anyone on the show. The only fucking person who had sense was the cop.
>>
>>78961800

I dropped it 10 or 9 episodes in. I liked some elements but it all felt really flat. Didn't help that the action scenes were pretty boring and everything else just kinda felt like your usual TV mystery series.

Daredevil was better, not sure why this got such high reviews by comparison.

Also I hear the last 2 episodes really shit the bed.
>>
How did feminist propaganda got so popular lately?
>>
>>78961876
Because the vocal minority had the power of the internet, and have made it so that while you may not agree with them, you aren't allowed to say so or risk having their mob shit all over you through social media.
>>
>>78961858
JJ was clearly self-destructive, Kilgrave was supposed to be a manchild, it wasn't supposed to be logical that JJ tried constantly to bring him in. She was trying to redeem herself through proving Hope's innocence.

How do you fucks still not get this? The writers literally spelled it out for you.
>>
>>78961576
Just because two words share the same last six letters doesn't mean they're synonyms.
>>
>>78961140
>Daredevil had that much higher ratings than House of Cards
I like Daredevil a lot but c'mon. House of Cards deserves better.
>>
>>78962109
Not after Season 2 it doesn't.
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp5837522[1].jpg (18KB, 293x470px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp5837522[1].jpg
18KB, 293x470px
>>78962109
>House of Cards deserves better.
Season 3 didn't.
>>
>>78960823
That's also just american views. Remember that NBC doesn't make nearly as much per episode overseas whereas Netflix does.
>>
>>78961573
I'm rewatching the series finished the episode where they put his parents in the cell with him.
So many 'what the fuck are they thinking' moments.

>"I'm totally going to go into this cell and he'll give the evidence I need even though he knows I'm fishing for evidence."
>Patsy pulling a gun on black cop like there's any way he'd look past that
>still not sure if Trinity's dumbass cut the power to the open wire

Honestly this was literally everyone's dumbest moment, but I love the scene where the shit hits the fan when he has his mother stab herself so much. It's so tense.
>>
>>78962311
>"I'm totally going to go into this cell and he'll give the evidence I need even though he knows I'm fishing for evidence."
So because the writers are stupid, it just makes Jessica's action that much more believable, since she can be as stupid as a writer can be. She's not meant to take the best decisions at all times.
>Patsy pulling a gun on black cop like there's any way he'd look past that
He did, after he felt the control power of Kilgrave
>still not sure if Trinity's dumbass cut the power to the open wire
She didn't necessarily see the wire, she just saw it didn't work and went into action. To her something malfunctioned and she didn't investigate further. She also didn't have any reason to blame Trinity after the fact, even if she did she might have somehow been controlled by killgrave in the midst of the confusion. Her eyes aren't the camera.

It did have some structure flaws, but come on man, characters can't be omniscient.
>>
>>78962056
Then why the fuck are we supposed to enjoy it, if the main character is irrational and creates the entire problem for herself? The villain has no threat when you could easily have killed him in episode 4/5. Everything that happens is Jessica's fault. When someone hangs the Sword of Damocles over themselves we don't say "oh how brave" we say "what the fuck is wrong with you you could have sheathed that you idiot".

When the characters are incompetent and unlikable and the threat is fabricated solely through the same, how the fuck is it any wonder why people didn't enjoy this tripe?
>>
>>78962578
>She also didn't have any reason to blame Trinity after the fact
It didn't malfunction, it was obviously sabotaged and done so in the time that only she was in control of it. Jessica is a piss poor detective but even she figured that out, what's your excuse?
>>
>>78962578
You miss understand me, my jab at the character fallibility wasn't a shot at the writers, it was aimed purely at the characters themselves. Alias, and in turn Jessica Jones, is about vulnerability so I go in expecting vulgarity and clumsy desperation and I wasn't disappointed. I just think that scene was everyone setting up camp in batshit-stupid town at the same time. I even said at the end I liked the last scene of it.

Most of the umbrage I take with the writing is directed towards the dialogue, honestly.

>>78962681
>Then why the fuck are we supposed to enjoy it
Ask the other 4 million or so people that did.
Forreal tho, you don't have to like everything. I think Flash and Arrow are garbo but I see the appeal and I wouldn't want to take it away from anyone but it's not for me.
>The villain has no threat when you could easily have killed him in episode 4/5
That'd be true if this were Dragon Ball Z, but the story isn't about power levels and fights and not some bitch projecting her problems onto other people's problems and then trying to solve them to the detriment of herself.
>Everything that happens is Jessica's fault
This is a pretty lame meme.
The only deaths that were really on Jessica were Kilgrave's parents, and even then the mom's death really came down to Trinity cutting the wire for fuck knows what reason.
>>
>>78961353
Is it worth the binge? I've heard that it's a very slow build but the acting is top notch.

>>78962109
Season 3 sure as fuck didn't.
>>
>>78963969

Bloodline is fantastic, but it's very slow even by Netflix standards. It's 90% people just talking to each other, there's really not much of a plot beyond the vague central mystery, so if you can handle that go for it.

>had the acting is top-notch

Oh believe me, after you're finished you will look up Ben Mendelsohn and watch everything he was in you can get your hands on. The acting quality on that show is fucking insane, there's not a single weak link in the entire cast.
>>
>>78961140
>Kimmy Schmidt beat HoC Season 3 in the long run

Good.
>>
>>78961278
I think Daredevils finale is way underrated. It shows Matt transitioning from a vigilante to a full on superhero.

More importantly, after the gut ounch of Ulrichs death, it provided emotional catharsis. Not inly by showing Daredevil triumohant, but by showing Kingpin fall completely.

Jessica Jones was the one with the shit finale IMO. We never got to see Jessica really "win" a decisive victory, and we never got to see Killgrave really squirm.

Part of me wishes Kilgrave HAD been locked up, depowered. if only because seeing him howl ineffectively after being so in control would be satisfying.
>>
>>78962109
That's not ratings. It's basically showing what NEW subscribers were watching. House of Cards fans were already on Netflix; not a lot of non-fans are going to join just because season 3 came out.

DD was their first superhero show though. Makes sense that cape fans would sign up then, as they might not have had an interest in Netflix before that.
>>
>>78960823
>Jessica Jones and The Ridiculous 6 are Netflix top performers

Hahaha why?
>>
>>78964582
Jones has Marvel/Daredevil hype behind it.

Ridiculous 6 is because God hates us.
>>
>>78964177
>Ben Mendelsohn
I had no idea he was in it!

I'm looking at the cast now and it looks pretty damned good. I'll definitely check it out soon.
>>
>>78961278
I thought JJ had a stronger later half than Daredevil.

The episode where she fought Luke was one of the best ones.
>>
>>78964338
Also the speech Fisk gave about being the Ill Intent was GOAT

JJ just felt like a cliffhanger more than a clear ending.
>>
>>78964714

My issue with the middle of Daredevil was I didn't give half of a dead fuck about the Russians.

Like everyone made fun of JJ for the divorce subplot but I seriously thought that was The Godfather compared to that Russian shit in the middle of DD. And the Hand stuff was alright but it never really went anywhere, it was just a big tease for S2.

Keep in mind I REALLY enjoyed DD. But it had problems. Jones had issues too, but they never felt as egregious to me because it was all character focus instead of pure plot like DD so the digressions felt more earned.
>>
>>78964629
At this point in my life if I found out he didnt hate me I would be more surprised than if I found out he was real.
>>
>>78962109
>House of Cards deserves better.

Not after anything that came after the first season it didn't.
>>
File: venom give me the goo-ds.png (339KB, 392x526px) Image search: [Google]
venom give me the goo-ds.png
339KB, 392x526px
>>78961063
I want more one off specials like Hundred Eyes.
>>
>>78962109
>I like Daredevil a lot but c'mon. House of Cards deserves better.

House of Cards has been in a nosedive since Season 2.
>>
>>78964901
>Like everyone made fun of JJ for the divorce subplot but I seriously thought that was The Godfather compared to that Russian shit in the middle of DD.
I'm glad someone here finally said it.
The latter half of DD lost pretty much all of its momentum because of the Russian shit, how longwinded the Kingpin backstory was, and the Karen investigating shit we already knew as an audience and made no difference to the plot whether she knew or not.

Seriously, DAW has been my waifu since she first popped out of that trunk on True Blood and I didn't even hate Karen as a character, but fuck that entire subplot.
>>
>>78964876
Yeah, this.

And seeing Kingpin in the prison, facing the white wall... God, thst was the perfect end to his arc. Like, if we never see him again, I'm fine with that, because it was so satisfying. He stared at the wall, thinking about who he wanted to be, and now, he can only stare at it and think about who he is.

On the flipside, Jessica telling Kilgrave to "smile" was... Okay, but not nearly as powerful.
>>
File: W2RxrLS.png (637KB, 618x1039px) Image search: [Google]
W2RxrLS.png
637KB, 618x1039px
>>
>>78965236

I actually liked the Karen storyline because it gave DAW something to do other then cry a lot and she had good buddy-cop chemistry with Urich.

Karen's storyline was at least focused on her developing as a character. My big issue with the Russians was it didn't mean fucking anything at the end of the day but the entire goddamn middle of the show was about that.

>>78965320

>something is bad because people are writing dumb clickbait about it

You belong in the same garbage can who kept reposting all those feminist articles about Fury Road as though that was legitimate criticism.
>>
The thing about jessica jones is that anyone who doesn't know what it is wont be inclined to watch it. But people who do, and who arnt i to comic fuxking love it. I told my Dad to watch daredevil, he hates cape shit, loved it, told him ti watch JJ, he loved that even more. He loved both of them because they were "detecive-y".
>>
>>78965447
So what im saying is detecive shit is whats in now days, look at making a murderer, everyone wants crime solving stuff
>>
>>78965429
>You belong in the same garbage can who kept reposting all those feminist articles about Fury Road as though that was legitimate criticism.
Someone sounds triggered.
>>
>>78961858
You heard wrong. The ending was pretty good.
>>
>>78965320
>Chu
>>
>>78965592
He's right, using pop-culture as a tool for projection of your self-affirming trite to cash in on no one else but people with the same views already is reactionary bullshit no matter which angle you see it from.
>>
>>78965666

don't trust Satan, he is lying.
>>
>>78965666

My only issue with the ending was the lack of budget finally showed at the end. It really felt like the final confrontation should have been bigger with how much they talked up Killgrave's upgrade.

Even still though, I thought the scenes themselves were pretty good.

>Smile
>>
>>78965877
They really should've made him go full purple.
>>
>>78961858
Not saying you were wrong for stopping but why would you stop at 10 your like 3 away from finishing?
>>
>>78963969
Yep watched it with my mom during break and it was pretty good anon. Like previously said it is slow but if you like it works well to watch one a day of a week
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.