[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /co/'s opinion on Rick Remender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: RickRemender.jpg (16KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
RickRemender.jpg
16KB, 220x280px
What is /co/'s opinion on Rick Remender?
>>
>>78954688
Actual all time favourite comic writer, but man is he depressed. Hope he keeps getting better. He's hot as fuck too.
>>
>>78954739
> is he depressed.
This. Sometime his stories can get way too bleak for my taste, but I've loved a good deal of stuff he has written.
>>
#FireRickRemender
>>
Honestly? He's a pretty mediocre writer.

>Secret Avengers?
Boring as fuck even if I like his Eric/Hank.

>Uncanny X-Force?
Went to shit after Dark Angel.

>Uncanny Avengers?
Shit

>Venom and Punisher?
See above

>Captain America, Black Science, Low?
Tied for the worst things he's ever written

What does that leave? Fear Agent, Rage of Ultron, Deadly Class. I like all of those, Deadly class easily being his best book ever. Every issue is a great read.
>>
His stuff on Image is consistently good.
>>
>>78954688
Too fucking obsessed with arnim Zola
>>
>>78954798
What I've gleaned from this is...how the fuck hasn't Remender written an Ant-Man book incorporating that entire cast? An Eric/Hank/Scott book would be aces.
>>
>>78954771
He expresses a llt how he uses his stories to vent and help him deal with depression

One of my fav too

Deadly Class
Low

I pull those hard
>>
>>78954688

Pretty damn good, overall.

His Marvel stories seem like logical continuations of all the 70s/80s stories they're referencing, while still managing to maintain a veneer of intelligence and depth to feel like they're covering new ground. He is, as others say, a very bleak writer, but I don't see how this is a complaint.

His Image books show a similar level of creativity and skill, even if they don't stray too far from the hyper-decompressed soap opera framework they publish over there (only without those icky super heroes).
>>
More hits than misses

I hated his Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Axis, Captain America, Tokyo Ghost

I liked Venom, Deadly Class, Uncanny X-Force
>>
I've enjoyed pretty much all of his work that I've read. His lowest stuff is probably uncanny avengers, but even then it was still at least alright. A lot of people disliked AXIS, but I thought it was just a fun silly thing. Plus, it gave us Carnage man.
>>
>>78954900
I mean more misses than hits
>>
I feel like his life's work has culminated in writing Deadly Class. It's the best, most depressing, wild shit he's ever written.
>>
>>78954823
You can never be too obsessed with a Kirby creation.
>>
>>78954688
He was great in Horrible Bosses.
>>
Deadly Class is dope. Haven't really been keeping up with his more current stuff. Totally forgot he wasn't with Marvel today
>>
>>78954999

That's a fucking lie and you know it, he was the worst of the 3
>>
File: 1440100013574.jpg (59KB, 438x522px) Image search: [Google]
1440100013574.jpg
59KB, 438x522px
>>78954798
>>Uncanny Avengers
>Shit
>>Captain America, Black Science, Low?
>Tied for the worst things he's ever written
>>
>>78955358
Last thing he did was a Secret Wars tie-in. It was a'ight.
>>
Uncanny Avengers was fucking great. I just wish he was on it longer.
>>
>>78955590
Uncanny Avengers is actually my favourite Avengers run ever, with Stan Lee's run as second and Bendis' New Avengers as my third. Shame Uncanny Avengers vol2 was just 'meh'.
>>
great writer but could probably use a therapist
>>
Why are his cap runs so underrated? I prefer him to the shit Spencer is writing.
>>
>>78954688
More miss than hit for me, especially his Marvel work.
>>
>>78955740
He's already seeing one.
>>
>>78955740
Has he ever talked about his issues? the only book of his that doesn't suffer from his melancholic writing is Deadly Class.
>>
>>78954688
What a handsome man
>>
I liked Venom
>>
>>78955740
He mentioned that he's having therapy sessions in the start of the Low tp.
>>
>>78955803
No, Deadly Class does too.
>>
>>78955803
In one of the letters pages for Deadly Class, I think the first issue, he talked about some stuff he went through when he was young. One thing that stands out is him seeing his best friend shot in the face. And in interviews before Low came out he said he was in therapy for depression and trying to write a more optimistic story because of it.
>>
>>78955854
It fits the dramatic 80s high school setting/characters but yeah I could see how the overall tone could get grating
>>
He looks like a homo
>>
Good on individual books, bad at crossovers. Uncanny X-Force was a great book and along with the post-Messiah Complex X-Force, one of the best iterations of the team.
>>
>>78954984
I'd say DC has gotten a tad too obsessed with Darkseid
>>
Rick Remender is a sad, sad man.
>>
>>78955940
And they still won't reprint Kirby's Fourth World.
>>78955952
And I love him.
>>
>>78954688
He has really smooth skin and looks ten years younger than he is.
>>
>>78955974
Meant New Gods.
>>
>>78955952
Why didn't you protect this smile, /co/?
>>
Books I liked:
>Deadly Class
>Uncanny X-Force
>Venom
Books I didn't like:
>Axis
>Captain America
>Punisher
>Uncanny Avengers
>>
I stopped caring about Marvel when he left. Loved his runs on Venom, Punisher, and X-Force. Captain America was good, until the ending and I was lukewarm on Uncanny Avengers

Deadly Class and Black Science are both great, Low and Tokyo Ghost not so much, but they do have really good art
>>
Favorite Writer
Stuff of his that isn't Image I find a hard time getting into

However
>Deadly Class #1 fav comic
>Tokyo Ghost a 10 part limited series ;(
>Black Science's current arc is just nuts
>low is the probably the most underrated but still fantastic
>>
>>78956666
>Four 6s

I trust you, Super Satan
>>
>>78954798
Ladies and gentlemen, a complete fucking pleb.
>>
Surprised at the love for Black Science in here. Is it because of the art? The characters are annoying as fuck and the alien worlds are all so derivative and unimaginative.
>>
Release when?
>>
>>78957346
The cover already screams derivative as fuck.
>>
>>78957346
Holy fuck I might actually buy a Dynamite book
>>
>>78957847
this seems to imply that you're not already reading James Bond

and that is a grave mistake on your part
>>
Fear Agent was cool

Uncanny X-Men was great as long as Opena was circling around it.

Basically he is really good at pulling in cool artists.
>>
File: image.gif (880KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
880KB, 420x236px
I think he's pretty damn good, easily one of Marvel's best.
>>
>>78958898
I'm thinking about buying it eventually, 'cause Ellis, but I've never really been into James Bond, so it's not a big priority.
>>
>>78958898
>James Bond
Pleb
>>
>>78954688
He was good on snl.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.