[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>God tier Blackest Night >Good tier Forever Evil >Entertaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

>God tier
Blackest Night

>Good tier
Forever Evil

>Entertaining tier
World War Hulk (Only 5 issues, 5 fight scenes)
Infinite Crisis
Flashpoint

>Entertaining shit tier
Civil War
Identity Crisis

>Boring shit tier
House of M (Nothing happens during 3/4 of it)
Secret Invasion (8 issues of fucking around in the savage land and one long boring fight)
Siege
Secret Wars (Nothing happens during 3/4 of it, more relevant stuff happens in the tieins than the main book)
Avengers v Xmen
Final Crisis
Convergence

>Less than shit tier
Age of Ultron
Shadowland
Original Sin
Schism
Axis
Fear Itself
Infinity (Builders get fucked in a tie in and Thanos becomes the main villain halfway through)
>>
>>78954683
I'd bump Flashpoint, Civil War and Identity Crisis down to boring shit tier, and Convergence down to less than shit tier

Agree on the rest though
>>
>>78954788
>Flashpoint
Only 5 issues long and had some nice moments (Thomas Wayne, the first attempt to regain his powers failing, realising it was he who altered the past)

>Identity Crisis down
But it involved rape, such a novelty
>>
>>78954683
I haven't read all of these but you didn't include SCW or 52, which are also god tier.

I also find Day of Judgement entertaining, and the whole IC lead ins and shit (so the 4 tie ins, countdown to IC, & sacrifice) to be good.
>>
>>78954683
>less than shit tier
>all that bias

There was nothing wrong with Infinity and AoU aside from the fact they were boring
>>
>>78954683
>Johnsfags

M8, this has to be a falsflag no one can have a taste so shitty.
>>
>>78954683

Move Forever Evil to God-tier and then I'll agree.
>>
>>78954884
>SCW
Crossover, god tier though

>52
god tier but not really an event though as it wasn't a mini and the conflicts were all private

>>78954896
>aside from the fact they were boring
worst sin of all, there were no positives either
>>
They're shouldn't even be a god tier section.
>>
>>78955027
Blackest Night was a phenomenon, were you reading comics when it was being published?
>>
>>78954683
Needs Annihilation in God-tier. And Final Crisis certainly belongs higher than it is.
>>
>>78955053
Here we go, what a solid defense. I liked Blackest Night for what it was, but it wasn't anywhere closr to god tier. The Anti-Monitor ass-pull, the Nekron ass-pull, the White Lantern ass-pull, and the Lantern recruits. It has all the trappings of a Geoff Johns story, but as a story it has nothing special going for it. The best, and truly good stories were some of the tie-ins.
>>
File: 1407273835475.jpg (16KB, 257x385px) Image search: [Google]
1407273835475.jpg
16KB, 257x385px
>>78954683
>Blackest Night and Forever Evil above anything other than "Geoff Johns lowbrow, cookie cutter garbage tier"
>Final Crisis not in Great tier above literally everything else there
>"The only things that matter happened after 2005"
You got me, I'm mad
>>
>>78955210
This. I'm a huge fan of Johns' GL run (and his Flash and JSA) but the quality dipped a bit following Sinestro Corps War, and even moreso after BN/BD. I liked Blackest Night, and honestly it kept a fairly even level of quality across most of its tie-ins, but that quality was merely good, not the best ever.
>>
>>78955210
The structure and nature of the story was one that encouraged ass-pulls

It was never a grounded story from the get go
>>
>>78955099
>>78955218
It just seemed like a mess, I'm not ashamed to say I don't get Grant Morrison

Did like the Legion tie-in, Rouges Revenge and Aftermath: Run
>>
File: mah nigga.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>78955053
Yeah. When Blackest Night first dropped the hype surrounding it was amazing. Interacting with everyone made the story more fun/interesting .
>>
>>78955345
Did you read Superman Beyond 3D or the Batman tie-ins? It's really not a complete story without those.

You're not wrong about it seeming like a mess; part of the narrative was that Darkseid's presence was breaking the universe. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't. But Superman Beyond was excellent from start to finish and makes the ending work much better.
>>
>>78954683

How in the everloving fuck could you miss Annihilation?
>>
>Boring shit tier

>Final Crisis

Found the pleb
>>
>>78955462
Feels more like a crossover, the cosmic equivalent of an X-event
>>
>>78955462
This is more of a stealth "let's shit on Marvel" thread, since they've been the ones putting out the majority of the event comics. Remembering Annihilation would mean recognizing that Marvel did something good.

And it was sure a hell of a lot better than Forever fucking Evil and Blackest Night.
>>
>>78955487
It had a main title and several tie-ins. It's an event.

So were Annihilation Conquest and War of Kings, for that matter.

Realm of Kings was more along the lines of Dark Reign I'd say, and Thanos Imperative is a toss-up.
>>
>>78955545

I think of it as one big event and not five separate events because there is no breathing room between them and because I read it all in one long sitting. It was amazing to follow Richard Rider and Star Lord throughout the whole series.
>>
Nigga, I'm a massive Johnsfag, but you're just wrong. There is only one objectively god-tier event and it is Legends
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
>>78955783
>>
>>78955783
It gave us Suicide Squad and Justice League International, I think you have a point.
>>
>>78955053
>Blackest Night was a phenomenon,

>>78955218
>>78955508
Is a stealth Johnsfags thread. BN and FE are far from being really good.
>>
>>78955783
>Legends
This was totally underrated. I wish Ostrander scripted as well as plotted.
>>
Final Crisis and AvX were genuinely good. Flashpoint and Identity Crisis were absolutely horrible.
>>
File: 1408921633603.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1408921633603.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>78956118
>Final Crisis...genuinely good
Yes.

>Flashpoint and Identity Crisis were absolutely horrible.
You're on a roll, anon.

>AvX...genuinely good
wut
>>
>>78955345
>Aftermath: Run
Just heard of it for first time, and after looking synopsis... why are bad guys after Human Flame? I can't remember Final Crisis that well, but wasn't he turned into Justifier?
>>
File: image.gif (496KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
496KB, 500x362px
>>78955345
>He doesn't get Grant Morrison
>>
>>78956118
I don't get why people consider Flashpoint to be so horrible. I mean the aftermath, I can understand, even if I don't agree, but Flashpoint is just a fun Flash-driven Elseworlds story with some interesting ideas.
>>
>>78954788
Convergence was actually pretty good I'd bump it.
I'd trade schism, and a vs x. AvsX best bits are the nuzlocke comic. Schism had a few good panels.
>>
>>78954683
correct, canonnical, official fixed edition:

>God tier
Blackest Night

>Good tier
Forever Evil

>Entertaining tier
Final Crisis
World War Hulk (Only 5 issues, 5 fight scenes)
House of M (Nothing happens during 3/4 of it)
Secret Invasion (8 issues of fucking around in the savage land and one long boring fight)
Siege

>Entertaining shit tier
Infinite Crisis
Flashpoint
Civil War
Identity Crisis

>Boring shit tier

Secret Wars (Nothing happens during 3/4 of it, more relevant stuff happens in the tieins than the main book)
Avengers vs Xmen
Axis
Convergence

>Less than shit tier
Age of Ultron
Shadowland
Original Sin
Schism

Fear Itself
Infinity (Builders get fucked in a tie in and Thanos becomes the main villain halfway through)
>>
>>78956609
Please stop making all Johnsfags look pleb by association. Also, you're missing CoIE (Good), Legends (God), Invasion (Good), Zero Hour (mostly boring shit, everything after parallax reveal is good), and Millenium (Less than shit), and probably a bunch of Marvel events that I don't know about.
>>
>Final Crisis is worse than Forever Evil, Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint and Identity Crisis and Civil War
Ahaha, no.
>>
>>78956837
There's a difference between fans of johns and johnsfags. Johnsfags believe Earth one batman is one of the best bat stories ever and that johns is better than people like gaiman, everything good about the flash series is thanks to johns but not a single bad thing can me blammed on him, etc.
>>
What's so bad about Fear Itself?

I had a friend who was reading it at the time and the Asgard heroes looked pretty cool.

That's all I know.
>>
>>78956341
The aftermath is probably the lion's share of the hate. The rest is probably because the pacing was terrible. What felt like a full issue just in the Batcave, and half of an issue devoted to the war that everything had been building to.
>>
>>78957343
AH, I can see that. I read it in trade, it was nicer that way (though the war could've used more focus for sure).
>>
>>78957343
>Batman dies twice
Once in RIP and once in FC, it was silly
>>
>>78957235
It's boring and pointless
>>
>>78959627
So was Age of Ultron, Original Sin and Secret Invasion.
>>
>>78960004
And they're all shit

AoU and SI are at least so bad you remember them
>>
>>78954683
Breaking news d.c. Guy likes d.c. More than marvel. More on this at 11
>>
I'm assuming Kingdom Come is not on the list because it's an elseworld right?
>>
>>78956341
>but Flashpoint is just a fun Flash-driven Elseworlds story with some interesting ideas.

But they werent elseworlds, they were an alternative timeline. The movie was better than the comics, barru fucked up the universe.
>>
>>78960737
It wasn't a crossover, it was basically a standalone mini. The Kingdom would technically count, but who even remembers that?
>>
>>78960737
It's not even an event, it's just an elseworlds story
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>78954683
>Blackest Night
>God-tier
>>
>>78961000
Literally is
>>
I don't understand why Marvel keep doing events when they're so bad at it
>>
>>78963519
People will buy the events regardless of quality.
>>
>>78962112
Literally is not god tier.
>>
>>78963519
gives the A listers something to do
>>
>>78963519
they like making money
>>
>>78954683
You left out Sinestro Corps Wars faggot, which was God tier.
>>
>le ZOMBIES The Event
>>
>>78954683
Put Blackest Night in Entertaining Tier. Sinestro Corps War belongs in God Tier because holy fuck that event ruled.
>Final Crisis
>Boring shit
Kill yourself as soon as possible
>>
great: Annihilation, Final Crisis

ok: Civil War, Flashpoint

everything else is shit
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.