[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which one did you prefer? also constantine thread i guess?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: constantine.jpg (213KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
constantine.jpg
213KB, 600x420px
which one did you prefer?

also constantine thread i guess?
>>
Пpaвый бoлee кaнoн.
>>
The movie.

Ryan was great but the show had such a flat, nothing style to it that everything else felt like a cheap Supernatural knock-off. Meanwhile the movie is nothing like the comic but it has such an insane style and look to it that I can't help but enjoy what's going on, and Keanu is unironically great as a sarcastic, burnt-out asshole.

NBC needed someone to do to Constantine what David Slade did to Hannibal. They had fucking Neil Marshall directing episodes and still couldn't figure it out.
>>
Reeves is a hack, but is the film actually good?

from 1-10
>>
>>78946620
agree with most of what you said. film is oozing with pure aesthetic

>>78946668
i give it a 7
>>
>>78946668

Solid 8. It's really one of Keanu's best performances.
>>
>>78946668
7.5/10
it's not Constantine, tho
>>
>>78946523
movie. that shit was solid.
>>
>>78946523
Movie was fantastic but as many will say. it wasn't Constantine.

I liked the show but it was kinda dull
>>
>>78946523

The show was more faithful but was crippled a bit by not being able to be gritty and mature enough, while doing a lot of procedural stuff.

The movie was too different as an adaptation but apart from stupid shit like the demon/angel halfbreeds and Keanu turning into a action hero with a crosso shotgun bs in the end, the flick did magic better and was fatalistic and dark in the right way, so you could forgive a lot of the dumb stuff.

Combination of the two could be been pretty great, imo.
>>
Parroting the Anons before me, the movie wasn't a faithful adaptation by any means, but it was a lot more visceral and substantive than the TV series. Very enjoyable. It also had Rachel Weisz, which helps a great deal since that's been my one and only celebrity crush since childhood. Keanu was surprisingly pretty stellar in his role.
>>
>>78948451
Keanu is best when he's not acting, yes.
>>
Movie was solid and actually enjoyable once you accept that it's not at all like the comic.

Peter Stormare, Rachel Weisz and Tilda Swinton were great in their roles.

I'd actually go so far to say that Keanu is passable.

The only big knocks are the sound mixing and Gavin Rossdale's cringe worthy performance.
>>
The show, Matt Ryan was great. The movie was good too, but it was Constantine in name only.
>>
I forgot Shia was in the movie until I saw it the other day on Netflix.

Why was Shia always the sidekick? This, I Robot, Indy, Transformers
>>
>>78949618

Would you really buy him as an action hero?

He worked in Disturbia and Eagle Eye because that was all just running or looking through binoculars, they played off his nervous energy well. Apparently the only director who can make him work as the main hero is DJ Caruso.

>>78949588

>Gavin Rossdale

He was so terribly hammy I kind of got into it for how hilarious it was.
>>
The movie's world and story wasn't Hellblazer, but the style was.
Meanwhile the show had the right world and characters, but the style didn't feel right.
Too bad they killed the show, they mad great improvements towards the end of the season.
>>
File: walk.webm (773KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
walk.webm
773KB, 720x576px
>>78949703
>they mad great improvements towards the end of the season.
Agreed
>>
Matt Ryan is literally a perfect Constantine and I wish he got a better show that he deserved.
>>
Fuck Keanu Reeves. Literally he can suck my taint
>>
Big fan of the Hellblazer comics, but I liked the movie better.
>>
File: Keanu soda.jpg (76KB, 470x531px) Image search: [Google]
Keanu soda.jpg
76KB, 470x531px
>>78946523
The movie was pretty good. And Tilda Swinton wasn't that bad either.
>>
File: hannibal.gif (996KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.gif
996KB, 500x200px
>>78948401
>not being able to be gritty and mature enough
Yeah they could have.
>>
>>78949588
Peter stormare is one of the best Devils I think I've seen in cinema.
>>
Keanu is based, fuck you faggots
>>
>>78953819
I absolutely agree with you, |'m glad he's not a prettyboy too.
>>
>>78946523
Apart from Shia Labeouf, the movie was great. It just wasn't very Hellblazer.

The show had much lower production values and it showed, but it got the Hellblazer setting and John's character down better.

Both are worth watching.
>>
>>78953524
Swinton and Stormare were brilliant casting choices.
>>
File: 1415204537150.png (2KB, 212x203px) Image search: [Google]
1415204537150.png
2KB, 212x203px
>>78954895
>not liking based Even Stevens
>>
>>78946523
I saw the movie before I knew who Constantine was but I liked it. Now that I know the character better I prefer the show because it really felt like the same character from the comics. I still don't hate the movie I just don't understand what they were thinking.
>>
>>78949588
And Shia Lebouff as Chas who is a wannabe magician sidekick.
>>
>>78949618
because he was a young rising star at the time
>>
>>78957911
I just found his plot cliched.
Watching him get smashed against the ceiling was pretty fun, though.
>>
Movie was
great: [keanu, stormare, swinton, shia's death]
acceptable [weisz, midnight]
meh [balthazaar]

Series was
good: [Liverpudlian accent, more faithful, being a bit of a shit]

Both heros pulled of the role [despite keanu's trackrecord]

I love both productions, and I really miss the series.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.