[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the general public forget about supermans genius-level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (124KB, 763x761px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
124KB, 763x761px
Why does the general public forget about supermans genius-level intellect?
>>
Because the people making and marketing this shit heap of a film haven't read a comic in their life.
>>
Yeah, the fucking marketing team sucks dick whenever they imply that Superman is just some dumb jock.

I expect this film to be a Batman wankfest.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and they treat Supes will equal respect.
>>
>>78946176
>Hopefully I'm wrong, and they treat Supes will equal respect.

did you see Man of Steel? they aren't treating anyone but Batman with respect at DC. even look at their animation side; 99% Batman shit
>>
>>78945625
He is.not a genius, he is a computer.
>>
>>78945625
because its a shit abitity that should be phased out. So is his kryptonian technology.
>>
>>78945625
I don't believe the DCEU version of Superman is super-intelligent.
I doubt The Flash will think at the speed of light, either.
>>
>>78945625
Because "Superman is just a boring dumb meathead" is the go-to complaint for people who don't read comics. Might as well pander to the bigger crowd.
>>
>>78946336
Which means Batman will be inherently broken from the start in this Justice League.
>>
>>78946232

I know.

I just still retain a tiny bit of hope that they push Superman more as their poster boy.

But as long as Batman is the main cash cow, I guess he'll be the front and center of the company. (And the leader of the Justice League in the films).

Being a Superman fan is suffering.
>>
>an unmatched martial artist
>versus a speeding bullet
I know which one I'd bet on
>>
he might have superior intellect but morality and ethics are subjective to ideological views hence why some people would think superman comes off as a totalitarian huxleyan/brave new world-esque nightmare
>>
>>78946390
>Being a Superman fan is suffering.

yeah it sucks. i was so fucking hyped for MOS, trailers made it look great. go to see the film, and its absolute shit. Not to mention the hopes of a sequel were destroyed when the film under performed so they shoehorned Batman and 90% of the JL into it.
>>
>>78946390
Yea all his movies have been shelved and they are going with some Old Man Bats trilogy.

Which needs Old Man Joker showing up for some laughs Which would pretty much be The Trickster Hamill does for The Flash

>>78946429
Do we know how they'll cram Cyborg into this. Will Batman hit him with his car thinking he's just another thug.

"Star QB crippled in mystery accident."
>>
superman really should not have genius intellect on top of everything else.
>>
>>78946453
>Do we know how they'll cram Cyborg into this

bet he will be some Luthor experiment or be crippled when superman throws doomsday through a crowded shopping mall.
>>
>>78946429

Do you like we'll ever get a truly great Superman movie again that proves why he is so iconic and why he should be as well loved as characters like Batman, Spider-Man or the Avengers?

Will there ever be a chance that the majority of people will once again respect Superman for being one of the greatest comic characters with a plethora of interesting stories and personality traits and not just call him "bland" or "boring"?
>>
>>78946460
Pretty much everyone in the core of the JL does.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 251x251px
>>78946480

>when Superman throws him through a crowded shopping mall

Fucking keked hard.
>>
>>78946497
he let a full tanker truck collide with an office building.

anything is possible with Murderman
>>
>>78946488
some of them it makes sense, Barry Allen is a forensic scientist. batman is multi discipline. and martian mar hunter. has alien intelligence. but when does wonder woman or aqua-man display genius level intellect?
>>
>>78946486
yeah it fucking sucks.

i was reading the "One Year Later" Superman tie in "Up,Up and Away" the other day and goddamn that would make a perfect superman film, albeit with some very minor changes
>>
>>78946362
Broken? What does that means? This superman moves 900 times faster than sound, why the fuck would you need batman if is not Kelly's and Morrisons jla batman??
>>
>>78946486
No one loves the avengers
>>
>>78946535
Barry is.not a genius and has never been a genius.
>>
>>78946535
Hal is far from being a genius.
>>
>>78946564
>No one loves the avengers

>Worldwide B.O $1,519,557,910

thats only 1 film
>>
>>78946573
im just saying comics like throwing around the word genius when it comes to characters. everyone in comics has the physique of gods everyone also being a genius is a little hard to take
>>
>>78945625

I like how they inadvertently made Batman sound like shit
>>
>>78945625
When even Superman himself forgets it in favor of "Punch HARDER, must win, even if it KILLS me....for them", can you blame them?
>>
>>78946586
obviously the point was that few of the justice league actually act like they are super geniuses. though many are described to be
>>
>>78946390
Eh, at least he's not Hawkman.
>>
>>78946587
That means the novie was popular, no one loves titanic or avatar. There's people all over the world that don't go to the movies and dont play with toys. Superman is a cultural icon, something the avengers will never be. Batman and superman are mickey tier, you can ask anyone over the world what a batcave or a kryptonite are, from a 50 years old in italy to some older paki lady.
>>
Superman has never been shown as a genius outside of comics. Even in JLA, Batman was shown to be at a higher level intellect to be able to match the other members. So why are people getting booty bothered now?
>>
>>78946606
He isnt a genius and has never been portrayed that way in the comics, he is supersmart, can think faster and is knowledgeable about super science from krypton, all that and moving at the speed of light makes making superrobots something pretty easy. But geniality comes from aomething more than thinking like a super computer. Everything superman does is super, so for him doing superscience is just normal under his limitations, without powers he is just a pretty smart guy, a really good reporter that types really slow, in krypton no one would call him a genius. Calling batman the smartest person in the room does bot make everyone else dumb, bad writting makes everybody dumb you can make everybody shine if you try
>>
>>78945625
Because you need to read comics to know that and the general public don't read comics.
I don't read Superman's comics and nothing I have seen with him (old animation serie, serie, movies) talk about his intellect. Only that he's good person.
>>
>>78945625
because superman never showcases his smarts, only is dubbed as supersmart
>>
>>78945625
because it makes him even MORE boring.
>>
>>78947419
Hey, at least he's more interesting than your favorite hero
>>
>>78945625
Because being the "smart" guy is his only contribution to the Justice League?
>>
Simple.

If you want people to remember that Superman is intelligent, show, don't just tell.
>>
>>78945625
cuz him being smarter than Lex ruins their brawn vs brain dynamic
>>
>>78945625
it wasnt part of his initial mix of abilities. and early on you can say he was just a normal guy mentally

maybe the version from the future who hung out inside the sun for ever and a day and practically became a god is super smart

but clark seems kinda dumb sometimes. like fish out of water dumb for some one who grew up on earth. like hes trying to hard to seem normal.

sure in the comics they have explored many versions of the character through many writers but most dont allow him to be too smart. it would seem more lopsided
>>
>>78947445
fuck you my favourite hero is objectively better
>>
>>78946637
>Batman and superman are mickey tier
All Mickey has been these past 20 years is a themepark mascot.
>>
>>78946410
His parents didn't
>>
>>78946390
Stop being a Martyr
>>
>>78946550
But Superman is rally smart in all of Morrison's stuff, and the Kelly is pretty heavy on the batwank
>>
>>78946525
Rewatching that fight is impossible after /co/'s dissection of it lol. Every single second of it is "well he could have done some people-saving there..."

That moment with the tanker is especially dumb. He has time to cooly fly through the gap an turn around to watch it explode before taking a haymaker to the cheek.
>>
>>78948871
You don't have any children or friends with them, do you?

Mickey Mouse is still selling DVDs, toys and merch like he's the new mouse on the block. That Club House shit sells like crack in the 80s.
>>
>>78946232
>they aren't treating anyone but Batman with respect at DC.
Exactly. DC.
Not AC. Not SC. Not CC. DC.
>>
Because he never really had one post-Crisis. But /co/ doesn't read comics, so I don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>78945625
>reads Plato as a kid
>forges identities on his own
>hurrr he's not smart
>>
>>78946525
Wrong. He let a tanker truck collide with an empty and mostly destroyed parking structure, and as soon as he did it, you can see him look back at it like, "Okay, maybe that wasn't the best idea", as if he regretted not stopping it.

Of course, none of you people will give that movie a fair chance, so I don't know why I'm bothering here.
>>
>>78950375
>He let a tanker truck collide with an empty
>empty
speculation.
>>
>>78945625
General public forgets about Superman's super-knitting ability, as well. Shocking.
>>
>>78945625
MoS Superman is clearly no genius.
>>
>>78945625
because he doesn't have it
Did you watch MAN OF Steel? He didn't seem that smart to me
>>
>>78948871
And... he is actually loved by millions all over the world regardless of age, while the avengers movies are popular in their TARGET audience. Your 80 years old grandma knows who lex luthor and the joker are, a farmer in Peru knows what the dynamic duo is but probably thinks ultron is a new kind of TV. You can't argue about who is iconic and who is not. Spiderman is on his way to be iconic, and is probably the most popular hero among children, the avengers are not, they are popular just like the TMNT, Pokemon or masters of the universe were at some point, they still need time to even get close to the x-men or transformers.

Now this means that warner and DC fail in a even worst way, they had failed to cash on batman since the early 90's and on superman since the late 70's.
>>
>>78950412
No, it's not. That building was right in the middle of ground zero. The interior shots we see of other buildings in that area show them to be empty. And before the attack even began, the police were evacuating the area. I doubt very seriously that anybody was in that building.
>>
>>78951022
>Your 80 years old grandma knows who lex luthor and the joker are
No, she doesn't
>>
>"Superman's powers don't depend on who is writing him for whatever Universe he is currently being portrayed in.No,his powers are a combination of every single power he had in comics bar none"

Hey dipshits,this is a SHARED UNIVERSE superman,he doesn't have to have the powers to take Darkseid all by himself,he can be a little nerfed.God I can't wait to see how you retards react when they bring out Martian Manhunter

>"Wait what,everyone knows he has super strength,super speed,Super vision and invulnerability matching Supermans,global range telepathy,telekinesis,can fly at light speed,optic blasts,can go intangible AND invisible,more intelligent then Batman and rivaling Lex Luthor if not Brainiac,shapeshifting,immortal and most important of all can materialize Ice cream.This aint my MM"

If they ever introduce Martian Manhunter on film he is going to be so fucking nerfed all the fanboys will shit their pants in unison.
>>
>>78951236
My father is about that old, and he knows exactly who they are. Hell, he grew up on the original Superman and Batman comics.
>>
>>78945625
well considering man of steel made him dumb
>>
>>78945625
IT'S CHRIS HERO
>>
>>78951301
Good for him.
But your average grandma doesn't know who Lex Luthor or the Joker is
>>
>>78951260
DCAU Superman was nerfed for that very reason, and nobody complained. And for the record, that version didn't have super intelligence either.

I don't know why they're complaining here. DCEU Superman is far more powerful than that incarnation was.
>>
>>78951326
Maybe so, but you're delusional if you think DC's characters aren't more well known.
>>
>>78951375
Apart from Spider-Man, I agree with you
>>
>>78950949
>>78950658

Yep, what OP didn't seem to grasp is that they are clearly talking about their version of Superman in MOS who is not the comic version.

Seriously, it's like complaining about the fact they left off his super ventriloquism when it doesn't pertain to this version of the character, you can fuck right off OP.
>>
You people are not overly bright, I really hope you all realize that.
>>
>>78946390
>Being a Superman fan is suffering
>it's easier to identify with a godlike alien than a regular dude who beats up criminals

Batman will always be DC's cash cow because he is objectively cooler/better.
>>
>>78951430
>regular dude
He's got more money than God. That's more unrelatable to me than a guy who grew up on a farm
>>
>>78951351
people bitched to high heaven about how he wouldn't solve every problem by himself and was actually getting hurt by villains who had any type of super strength

I think there's a subset of superman fans that just want him to be OP all the time
>>
>>78951476
Yeah, it's best not to listen to those people as they're not interested in a good story but feats.
>>
>>78946390
>Being a Superman fan is suffering.

Being a superman fan is easy, you just need to stop wanting him to be the absolute protagonist of everything batman was the second most popular character of dc for 20 years and since the mid 60's he is the most popular, there's no need to be pissed, they are the world finest.
>>
>>78946486
=/ I really liked Man of Steel. I think I'm the only one here that did.
>>
>>78945625
>genius-level intellect
Go to any wiki page of any superhero, I bet you could find the word "genius-level intellect" in most of them.
It's such a bull shit and lazy "superpower".
>>
>>78951475
Touche.

But you bring up an interesting point however - Supes did grow up on a farm in Kansas. It makes sense that Batman is the worlds greatest detective because of his dedication to crime fighting.
>>
>>78951643
You're not alone.
>>
>>78951643
I thought it was pretty good. Had a few issues but was enjoyable overall. Most of the complaints about are also applicable to the comics and DCAU, so I don't really listen.
>>
>>78951643
It's a pretty divisive at best but it wouldn't be a Zack Snyder movie if it wasn't.
>>
>>78948871
This may be the most ridiculous statement on a website full of them.

True, Mickey Mouse anchors a set of theme parks. The most successful set of theme parks on the planet by a wide margin.

The Mouse, the S shield and, the bat shield are three of the most recognizable icons in worldwide pop culture.

Although there has not been a traditionally animated Mickey cartoon in ages, Disney is still making new animated shorts and TV shows featuring Mickey and putting them out on their channels, apps, Netflix and Youtube.
>>
>>78950412
>Speculation

I'll take your speculation ans raise you X-Ray vision
>>
>>78945625
Because they put him in a blockbuster movie where he solved his problems by violence and not his intellect.
>>
>>78951730
I am a fan of Superman and your rationalization of Batman's detective work is sound, I will have to concede that. Batman understands the pathology of crime better than Superman does. Superman my have genius level intellect, but he cannot think through psychosis in the way that batman can.
>>
>>78951392
The 7 leaguers are all more known that spiderman
>>
>>78951410
>>78950949
>>78950658

Did you all miss the part where he talks about
>the collision causing a singularity?
>The phantom drive?
>The literature books?
>Controlling his abilities through the understanding of science?

He is absolutely above average intelligence
>>
>>78952130
Not really, i will say that the trinity is, flash and aquaman are as well known (but far from the popularity), and GL and MM are way less known.
>>78952221
He is, but he is not a genius, he is a well educated, smart person that can think faster than a supercomputer. He is not someone that thinks outside the box. But i don't know, sometimes i believe Americans use genius as equal of supersmart.
>>
File: 1443407746287.png (174KB, 518x344px) Image search: [Google]
1443407746287.png
174KB, 518x344px
>>78945625
is supes really that smart?
>>
>>78952130
I don't remember seeing 5 Aquaman, Flash or Martian Manhunter movies
>>
>>78951022
I'd go as far to say that Spiderman is and has been iconic for a long time now.
>>
>>78952765
and that's just in the last 10/15 years; let's not forget all the animated shows and even a couple of live action ones.
>>
File: man of murfer.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
man of murfer.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>>78945625
>strives to always uphold the values of Truth and Justice
Strives being the key word
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.