[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just remembered that in the original concept Asami was supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: baroness_2-Asami.png (639KB, 989x646px) Image search: [Google]
baroness_2-Asami.png
639KB, 989x646px
I just remembered that in the original concept Asami was supposed to be a minor villain.

Was she supposed to be to the Equalists, what the Baroness was to Cobra.

Might have improved Season 1 by a small margin. But further down the line, it'd mean that Korra doesn't have a sole female friend ever.
Plus Makorra might have actually lasted for the entire show...
>>
she'd somehow end up being Zuko 2.0, but it'd at least be more interesting than what we got.

if only i could find that /co/ thread where everyone talked about how they would improve book 1. Some anon brought up a great way to intro Asami as accidentally helping Korra run away from the cops.
>>
>>78944412
Korra could have been friends with Opal instead, or hell they could have made any number of female characters to replace Asami beyond season 1 if they needed to.
>>
>>78944852
That'd feel kinda token though. It'd be better if it were somebody tangentially related to the plot. Like most Bei Fongs, Opal only cares about family business.
>>
File: 1341501235112.png (206KB, 1657x944px) Image search: [Google]
1341501235112.png
206KB, 1657x944px
>>78944497
It was actually all about how Asami and Korra's relationship should have been the focus of the series from the beginning and how they started off as friends from the get go.
>>
>>78945164
Yes as the show is now, but if Asami had stayed a minor antagonist and had been imprisoned or whatever, they could have made a permanent female member to join the Krew who would be related to the plot. They could also have chosen to write Opal differently so she would care more about other things etc.

My point only was that you don't need Asami specificly for Korra to have a female friend, if Korra needed one there were other options.
>>
>>78945195
That sounds nice actually. Although i would still hope that they wouldn't be romanticly involved. Personally i think that was one of the huge mistakes the show did, actually most of the romances were mistakes.
>>
>>78945335
It was only a mistake because they're shitty writers on their own and they used it as a cop out so they'd be remembered for something.
>>
>>78945403
I personally think that the idea itself was bad, but made worse by the reasons you mentioned.
>>
>asami rode a scooter

Get fucked, Mods. See you at the beach!
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that Evil Asami would have been delicious
>>
>>78945579
No. Evil makes all girls hotter.

See: Maleficent.
>>
>>78945618
Wish the movie knew that.
>>
If Asami had been a genuine villain she might have actually had some sexual tension with Korra.
>>
>>78945476
I totally support 60s/70s British counterculture Avatar.
>dat punk rock reggae soundtrack
>>
>>78946585
Wouldn't it just be Akira with better music?
>>
Anon. Avatar is dead. Korra was shit move on.
>>
Asami is so boring. It's obvious that they had no idea what they were gonna do with her.
>>
>>78946585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPlOaNQSpE
>>
>>78945335
Asami and Korra was the only romance Korra had where she actually had chemistry with her partner. I'm sorry to say the ones with the guys felt FAR more forced than shacking up with a girlfriend for comfort after everything went to shit.
>>
>>78946585
>benders getting involved in the mass brawls

It would be a fucking slaughter. Fund it.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_m3hdpdLXs81qedutlo1_500.jpg (159KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3hdpdLXs81qedutlo1_500.jpg
159KB, 500x673px
I approve of Evil Asami.
>>
>>78948083
>>
>>78948131
>>
Evil Asami = poor man's Azula. Anyway we have superior Kuvira.
>>
>>78946585
Or different benders go in to different gangs, and a similar clash happens.

>water is flowy so the water benders are all glam androgynous

And the Avatar has to unite the gangs against an oppressive institution.

Like The Warriors, only without the uniter dying at the start.
>>
>>78944412
Think the general consensus is the best result would've been her being an equalist, but Korra winning her over.

Or Korra throwing in with the equalists, around the time when Tarlock abducted her.
>>
Here's what i think

Amon lies that his farmer family was killed by a fire bender
Asami's father claims her mother was killed by a firebender
he also says he built himself from nothing
being a farmer seems like a pretty big "nothing" to me

So i though Amon was supposed to be Asami's long lost brother, which would give an even better explanation why Papa-san would work for him
It could also fit with the original concept, as she might've felt impelled to join the family business of being a jerk

I honestly believe that was the original story, but it was changed because they didn't know how to give Amon magic debending powers without actually making him a bloodbender
>>
Test
>>
>>78946938
Well they did. But then they liked her too much to actually give her the role she was supposed to fulfill in the story.
>>
Avatar thread? I just found out Zuko didn't ended up with Mai. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>78949332
He's Aang's mistress.
>>
>>78944412
If Asami had stayed a villain, I think Korra would have improved
If Asami and Mako started dating, I don't think that Korra would have been able to steal Mako away from the villain Asami
They would probably break up, but as long as they kept fighting, I don't think that Mako would have the heart to keep dating Korra
I mean, he straight up abandoned his brother for what he thought was right, imagine if the person he thought was right turned out to be evil
Asami would probably been a better constant villain for Korra, always making inventions for Korra to battle, Korra would eventually have to get better at bending

This is all assuming that someone who can write better than Bryke and/or me is making the series
>>
>>78949392
I agree. I think what Korra really lacked, was a consistent foe.
Not even the big bad guy, just a constant thorn in her side. During S1 I thought it might be Tarrlok. Later on it could have been Varrik.
Asami would have been pretty fun for something like that.
At the end of S1 Korra can't prove that she was involved with the Equalists and she inherits a multimillion dollar company.
In S2 she basically freely cooperates with Varrik to sell weapons and heighten the tension between the Watertribes. Could be pretty fun if Varrik tried to fuck her over only to find out that she's planning to throw him under the bus too.
The idea would be too give Korra her own Lex Luther or Xanatos.
>>
>>78950717
I think vatu hinted at from the beginning being a foe whos influence is felt worldwide until hes fully fried and then korra fights him would have been better then him getting the shaft in season 2
>>
>>78947848
>Implying that Korrasami had chemistry.

Lol nope. Even Makorra had more chemistry than a pairing that was obviously pandering.
>>
>>78944412
Would she say Dahlink and stuff?
>>
>>78946760
Just started Season 4, and I think Zaheer and now Kuvira are definitely saving this show for me. Hated the first half and last episode of Season1, Season 2 a shit. Season 3 I liked, and would have liked an Aang style adventure with Zaheer and friends.
>>
>>78947848
>Implying ANY relationship in LoK had chemistry
>>
File: The Warriors - CAN YOU DIG IT.jpg (23KB, 393x344px) Image search: [Google]
The Warriors - CAN YOU DIG IT.jpg
23KB, 393x344px
>>78948170
>Can you COUNT, SUCKAS?! I say the world will be balanced... IF you can count!
>Now, look what we have here before us. We got the Fire Nation sitting next to the Southern Water Tribe. We've got the Sandbenders right by the Ba Sing Se Earthbenders. Nobody is wasting nobody. That... is balance. And balance is the way things ought to be. Can you dig it?
>Can you DIG IT?
>CAAAN YOOOOU DIIIG IIIIIT?!?!
>>
>>78948170
>>water is flowy so the water benders are all glam androgynous

And have sc-screwed dow- OH GOD I'M GOING AGAIN ;_;
>>
>>78951604
Vaatu was just so boring.

And I generally prefer the foe to be somebody who is in close vicinity to the hero but he just can't touch him and has to deal with his constant trolling.

That's why Tarrlok or Varrick or Asami would be fine. Because they're prestigious people that Korra can't legally touch and usually smart enough to stay ahead of her.

I'd cast Asami as a slightly sinister corporate executive that still maintains the Equalist Movement but in a much smaller and stealthier way, concentrating on infiltration instead of direct hostile takeover like Amon.
You could also have a gradual heel-face turn that way, with Asami and Korra eventually burring the hatchet to go up against Zaheer or Kuvira.
>>
>>78945195
how do I search for this in archive?
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>>78944412

>Asami is a minor villain using her money to gain power
>She is constantly teasing a sexually confused Korra while she performs her wrongdoings
>She eventually falls for Korra and becomes Korra's bad little girl.

>>78948162

This
>>
File: baronessbynumioh.jpg (120KB, 676x1186px) Image search: [Google]
baronessbynumioh.jpg
120KB, 676x1186px
>>78951903
She might affect an accent, but I'd think it'd be more like a posh one, not a slav one.

Both are sexy.
>>
File: tumblr_o0tic5pGMK1tl5boeo4_540.jpg (163KB, 514x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0tic5pGMK1tl5boeo4_540.jpg
163KB, 514x810px
Imagine LoK if the Equalists were kept for the entire run of the show just like Cobra...

Not necessarily as the main villains or the focus of every season, but a recurring threat.
>>
>>78947848
Asami and Korra wouldn't last more than a week if even that. Their chemistry as a relationship is less than any other in the show.

Korra had great chemistry with Bolin however that wasn't in the plans so they made a joke of it instead.
>>
>>78959622
Just because they both have single digit IQs an can make each other laugh, doesn't mean they're meant to be.

Asami spent a lot more quality time with Korra than Bolin did. Hell, she spent a lot more time with Bolin than Korra did.
In fact it's easier to imagine Asami and Bolin in a relationship.
>>
How long until that one guy who fetishized Asami as a captain planet villain turns up ITT? Taking all bets here.
>>
>>78959722
No, but they were the only people who seemed to genuinly enjoy eachothers company in season 1. After that they were just really good friends throughout the show.

Asami barely spend quality time with Korra at all. They were just in the same scenes for most of their shared screen time. Whereas Bolin and Korra always interacted in some way that was usually positive.
>>
>>78959980
I guess being morally supportive of either of them counts for shit compared to a burp joke, right?
>>
>>78960186
What are you even talking about? Bolin was one of the most supportive people Korra had in the show. Asami barely did anything compared to any other supportive character that Korra had. The only thing i can think of would be the letters, and that was Korras choice to not let the other be supportive.

Besides, i know that Borra died in book 1, because as i said, it wasn't in the original plan. But they still had more chemistry in those first 2-3 episodes than Korra and Asami had throughout the show.
>>
>>78960245
Bolin doesn't really interact with people often, he acts at them, doing his unfunny shtick.
If you think that's chemistry, you probably got an F.

The entire ship is based on a fucking montage set to sappy music that got burned the very same episode.

Meanwhile Asami and Bolin's interaction in Book 2 was actually based on an interesting back and forth, with both serious and comedic notes.
Their scenes together are and the ones where he has to babysit Varrick, are the few moments where Bolin became more than a one-note character.
>>
>>78960591
As i said, i don't consider his jokes chemistry. But he is supportive even when some of that is played for laughs, like his letters.

Pretty much yes, but is still showed more chemistry between them than anyone else ever had since. I get that you like Korrasami, but it was a shit pairing from the get go, and it didn't get any better.
Borra had the needed chemistry but it wasn't pursued, and that is why you can't really talk about chemistry beyond season 1, as it is just friendly support.

Bosami is fine. However you would notice that people in general just blindly accept whatever Korra says or does, so you don't really get that Back and Forth between Korra and anyone else.
>>
File: 1419784752445.png (124KB, 237x243px) Image search: [Google]
1419784752445.png
124KB, 237x243px
Is the next Avatar series supposed to be cyberpunk or something? Assuming it ever gets made.
>>
>>78944412

to save a LoK

>>let asami be a minor villain
>>early in the first season where korra goes out with bolin as friends and has a great time, let that be a great friendship that sits for awhile
>>this makes mako the straight guy of team avatar
>>actually develop the three protagonists as a team, strengthen their bonds over time
>>travel the lands helping folk on your fucking polar dog
>>have Korra and bolin have the greatest bromance of all time, still let bolin fall for korras creepy cousin

fuck I cant keep going...just rewrite the ENTIRE series...the whole thing
>>
>>78962242
Na, it's gonna be 1980s.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.