[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If, Danny Phantom was brought back. What would you change about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

If, Danny Phantom was brought back. What would you change about the show and what would you keep?
>>
Change ghosts to be actual ghosts, leave everything else.
>>
>>78938932

Keep the ghost thing.

Age the cast up two years.

Up the horror elements.

No ice power bullshit.

Vlad stays a credible threat.

Sam and Tucker get more focus.
>>
>>78938932
Make Danny's ghost form a grill, to appeal to the trans audience of course and definitely not for my own fetish
>>
>>78938932
Ghosts are ghosts. No takebacks.
Parents are moderately more competent.
Give Sam and Tucker more to do.
Vlad doesn't become a cliche.

Least necessary/stupidest one. Give him a scarf and a sword.
>>
>Better character development and arcs for Tucker and Sam
>More clockwork
>More horror
>Make the villans more intimidating
>More world building and lore of the ghostzone
>Retcon the retarded ending
>Better artsyle
>>
>>78938932
>Ghost are actually dead people
>More horror
>I'd probably have him not have friends in the beginning, just moved to town because his parents crazy experiments are not good for your social status
>Gains more friends and more enemies as the show goes on
>Doesn't totally suck at hiding his identity; have him go by Phantom and not Danny in ghost form.
>Vlad isn't a super distant old friend of the family, he's Uncle Vlad and everyone loves him while he's secretly bitter, jealous, and evil; he engineered the accident in an attempt to off Jack; trains Danny to get close enough to Sith him.
>Less beating the shit out of ghosts and more purging them of their fetters.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 638x480px
>>78938932
Keep the title cards and music.
>>
>>78938974

Pretty much all of this.
>>
File: image.jpg (838KB, 650x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
838KB, 650x968px
Parents should be competent enough that they're more of a potential threat
>>
cancel the fairly oddparents
>>
>>78939251
Yes.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 650x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 650x968px
>>78939308
That's true it would be interesting to see play out on tv.
>>
File: Claw of the Wild.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Claw of the Wild.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>78939251
>>
Balance the Comedy with some Drama and Horror.

Stop retconning ghosts into dimensional monsters.

Stop making Sam and Tucker useless bystanders.

Use your villains properly, dammit! Clockwork, Dan, Vlad, and most of Danny's rogue gallery were either rewritten or completely ignored.
>>
>>78939308
>>78939611

Well, this killed my child-hood.

Wait, Can he turn back into a human?
>>
no videogame episodes
>>
File: tumblr_myfy8e6nxe1s9qhrio1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myfy8e6nxe1s9qhrio1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1920px
More Clockwork and Dan.
>>
File: Moses Happy.png (86KB, 218x223px) Image search: [Google]
Moses Happy.png
86KB, 218x223px
>>78939002
>Birdy the Mighty, with high school outcast possessed by a ghost girl
>>
>>78939308
Ehh, I like their stupidity and blindness. Made for fun comedic relief.

But even if the show were to come back, in the original, Danny's parents find out of his ghost powers.
>>
File: Clockwork06.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork06.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Clockwork07.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork07.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Clockwork08.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork08.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
Begin the show with an hour long episode that reveals because Danny revealed his identity to the world, it caused a great catastrophe when a new ghost threat appeared so Clockwork sends him back in time to alter how all the events of Phantom Planet happened just enough so that the world doesn't know he's a ghost, but his parents still find out and he still gets with Sam

it's the best retcon possible
>>
>>78940334
That's good, you're good.

Except for very last part.
>>
Like everyone else said, ghosts are ghosts. Spirits that have always been spirits are fine too, but ghosts will still be the souls of dead people.

Improve the action.

Make the romantic subplot more subtle and maybe not have so many entire episodes about it.

Don't let Vlad turn into a bitch this time around.

Explore the ghost zone more; don't make every ghost a dick.

Kill Tucker(?)
>>
File: 1445523370209.png (409KB, 767x540px) Image search: [Google]
1445523370209.png
409KB, 767x540px
>>78940334
Or
The fourth season begins with Dan escaping from the thermos, and he enters the timeline at the end of season two, therefore retconning season three.
That seems less bullshit.
>>
>>78940559
>Explore the ghost zone more; don't make every ghost a dick
Yeah, why were all the ghosts evil except for Danny and the Dairy King?
>>
>>78940559
>Kill Tucker(?)
Nah, just maim him

at least once an episode
>>
>>78939223

>more purging them of their fetters.

What?
>>
>>78938932
Ignore season 3 entirely.

Possibly make it an actual comic book as well, get the butted heads with Butch the most and have 'im write a comic with IDW.
>>
>>78940830
Not that guy, but maybe helping ghosts move on?
Danny was an awful dick to the ghosts he met. Actually, now that I look back on it, Danny was a kind of a dick in general.
>>
>>78940864
Some...ideas, were okay in S3. I liked Urban Jungle and the Girls Night Out episodes. Nocturne was kind of a cool villain.
Problem was these were filler-tier episodes and they wasted slots in a very short season. Hartman, why did you waste time on pointless stuff when you were only given 13 episodes to finish the series?
>>
File: 4.png (896KB, 1028x766px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
896KB, 1028x766px
More evil plant queen Sam
>>
>>78938932

Keep the show

Drop the fandom
>>
>>78941160
So kill the show?
>>
File: Sam10.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sam10.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>78941111
>>
>>78941054
There's totally stuff you can save from Season 3 but ultimately it resolves so much stuff in a boring way and the status quo you'd be left with is so lame it's best just to nuke the thing. Like if it was just as bad but Danny's identity wasn't public with statues everywhere, Vlad didn't lose everything and Tucker wasn't the mayor and shit i'd say go ahead and work that S3 stuff in, or if it was good overall and with the same status quo from the ending that'd also work, but it being a bad place to do something and also just being a shit season entirely makes it easy to just ignore.

Ignore the season and you're left with Danny having threads in all directions while he's your classic teenage superhero that's becoming accepted in his city. There's just way more opportunities.
>>
File: tumblr_napej9dZbq1syyal0o1_1280.png (220KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_napej9dZbq1syyal0o1_1280.png
220KB, 800x1000px
I'm sentimental trash and I know it's asking too much, but I want Danny and Vlad to learn how to be family together.
Hell, I might as well ask for Vlad, Jack, and Maddie to be science buddies again.
>>
>>78938973
But they were actual ghosts
>>
>>78941160
The fandom is the best part of Danny Phantom, son.
They kept the show alive and healthy for a decade without becoming really weird.
>>
File: Superman's_classic_pose.png (810KB, 858x684px) Image search: [Google]
Superman's_classic_pose.png
810KB, 858x684px
>Clark Kunt is here to save the day
>>
Don't walk back the reveal to his parents the FIRST time it happened.

That always drove me crazy. He could have wiped everyone's memories EXCEPT for his parents and made everything that much smoother. His parents wouldn't be hunting him down all the time AND he could get some actual support from them, both physically and emotionally. Instead, he intentionally makes his life harder for basically no reason.
>>
>>78941310
that was changed towards the end of the show brah, something about Butch becoming a christian
>>
>>78942278
Something that was never mentioned in the show itself.

The fact that some ghosts were, and had entire plots revolve around the fact they were, dead people kinda shoots a hole in that.
>>
File: 1450774401981.jpg (68KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1450774401981.jpg
68KB, 700x800px
>>78941386
>They kept the show alive and healthy for a decade without becoming really weird.
>healthy
I can't even describe what i am feeling right now
>>
>>78942278
About the time The Ultimate Enemy came out Butch Hartman, the show creator, found Jesus.
Hartman started getting uncomfortable about the nature of the afterlife in DP and the message he was sending. So he retconned ghosts into monsters in season 3.
>>
File: 2ce.jpg (23KB, 478x325px) Image search: [Google]
2ce.jpg
23KB, 478x325px
>>78941304
>Vlad redemption arc
that would be sweet, Vlad would start as his biggest enemy but Danny's inexperience as a ghost would trigger his paternal instincts, Vlad would slowly act more like a tutor than a enemy, pulling a Slade by trying to force Danny into becoming his apprentice, but Danny would refuse and they would become enemies again for a while, until a bigger threat appears and they need to team up, eventually Vlad would have a change of hearts and become an anti hero, until his issues with Danny's parents are solved with the help of Danny himself, them the show would end with Vlad and Danny's parents becoming lab buddies again
>>
>>78942441
>So he retconned ghosts into monsters in season 3.

I think that happened earlier when ghosts started being more gimmick-y powers rather than angry dead people.
>>
>>78939223
>he's Uncle Vlad
Terrible
>>
>>78942391
I know, its something about they not being ghosts of dead people but rather beings from another dimension that are created from people's emotions or some shit, i honestly can't remember much after so many years but it was something this equally stupid
>>
Have other supernatural/paranormal entities besides ghosts and ectoplasmic monsters.
>>
>>78938932
>What would you change about the show and what would you keep?

I would totally go the Shezow route and have heavy innuendo of Danny getting his boipussy tunneled wide open by massive villain cock at least twice an episode, while he's still trying to get with his girl love interest as Danny Fenton.

Also, have his parents divorced, dat hawt mom is too strong a woman to be submissive to no patriarchy. Have Mom dating some chick, just for the cherry on the sundae.

You guys are laughing, but that shit would CRUSH with the tumblr crowd, and you know it.
>>
>Bring back show
>Make Sam a ghost
>Hint towards suicide

Reel in the entire tumblr, edgy /co/ crowd as people talk about how "deep" the show is portraying suicide and how Danny and SAM retain their friendship despite stuff

It's the same shtuff as adventure time's whole world taking place after the end of the world type scenario. People just love it when show have something like that for some reason
>>
>>78943184
Even better
>Danny actually died in the accident that gave him powers
>he has to keep going to school/hanging out with friends/dealing with parents without anyone realizing
>has to struggle with problems like out of control powers/ghost anger/insomnia etc.
>>
>>78943294
>>Danny actually died in the accident that gave him powers

Ok, no kidding, that's actually pretty good.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.