[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dies anyone have any recommendations for classic radio dramas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Dies anyone have any recommendations for classic radio dramas?

There's not a better place to ask. Plus it's full of pulp and sci fi
>>
I dunno man. NPR has radio shows every Sunday night.
>>
They are all terribly boring, none of them have aged well at all.
>>
Do you want the comic or cartoon radio dramas?
>>
>>78936918
>36918▶
>They are all terribly boring
Aww. You don't like that 20s/30s nasally vernacular?
>>
Hm, who's up for some horror radio program recs?
>>
http://fanedit.org/ifdb/component/content/article/87-fanedit-listings/custom-special-edition/935-adventures-of-superman-the-the-kryptonite-saga-vol-1
>>
Gather round. Time for chills.

youtube.com/watch?v=ilRbcBhD9_0
>>
>>78937013
I said there's not a better place to ask. Also: plenty of comics characters migrated to radio during the era. Superman and Doc Savage, for instance

I mean if there's a /radio/ please point me there
>>
>>78936755

Not a drama, but holy fuck listen to the Jack Benny/Burns and Allen stuff. They were incredibly hysterical
>>
File: the-shadow.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-shadow.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
Bump
>>
I know it's reddit, but there is an excellent subreddit dedicated to otr.

https://www.reddit.com/r/otr
>>
File: audiodramasold.jpg (2MB, 1079x3474px) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasold.jpg
2MB, 1079x3474px
Holy crap, I made this like 2 days ago. I also made one for modern ones and fan ones too if anyone wants
>>
The Thrilling Adventure Hour is hilarious, though the stories start to feel a bit rushed by the end of the series.

>>78939231
I want.
>>
What are some actors on radio whose voices you just love the sound of?
>>
File: audiodramasprof.jpg (3MB, 1025x5000px) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasprof.jpg
3MB, 1025x5000px
>>78939291
I did love TAH, I just wish there were more Moonshine Holler. Also I should clarify, I only made these about /co/ related ones not other cool audio dramas, but I do have some of those I could list too
>>
File: audiodramasfan.jpg (919KB, 1079x1828px) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasfan.jpg
919KB, 1079x1828px
>>
>>78939443
Post all you got, yo.
I'd have liked more Moonshine Holler too. I'd have liked a more solid rotation of shows overall, to keep things on an even pacing over time.
>>
>>78939493
That's all I got for fancy lists but some of the favorite ones I listen to are Skald, Noir Barbare, Twilight Histories, The Metal Gear Audio Drama, Elder Sign. And some that haven't come up in my queue yet but sound fun: Clerk and Dagger, Limetown.
>>
>>78939888
Thanks for the tips.
I wish there were a /pod/ board or something for podcasts/audio dramas/etc.
>>
>>78939942
Me to, I love just finding new ones and subscribing to them and just listening to them before I sleep
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 639x426px
>>78937956
Time for chills, with a better radio.
youtube.com/watch?v=EwHWdsJdha8
>>
>>78940071
>>78940136
This one will help give you the heebie jeebies.
>>
They're not classic, but if you like Doctor Who definitely check out the Big Finish audio dramas, especially the 8th Doctor ones.
>>
>>>/wsr/
Doggone it. /co/ is not one of the off-topic boards.
>>
This is fucking comfy. Radio dramas should be /co/ the same way /m/ gets toku.
>>
>>78942989
You can talk about a bunch of radio dramas on /co/ because a lot are based on comics, power records even did some based on Scooby Doo.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.