[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bojack Horseman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (28KB, 180x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 180x252px
We can all agree that this is the best animated comedy to come out in recent years, right?
>>
absolutely not, stopped two episodes in. i'm tired of characters being given to non voice actors

rick and morty devastates this POS on every level
>>
>>78932653
Are you saying that anyone on Rick and Morty is more qualified than Will Arnett or Aaron Paul?
>>
>>78932808
at least they are voice acting and not just.. talking
>>
>>78932653
>only watched two episodes
>thinks he can speak for the whole show

I mean, say what you will about investing time into a show, but that would have been just one more hour of watching for you to get a better opinion than the shit one you got, anon.
>>
>>78933228
Quite ironic because Rick and Morty uses the most awkward system of voice acting ever, essentially everything sounds like improv as opposed to actually reading off the script
>>
>>78932595
Yes
>>
>>78932595
Rick and Morty wins. Bojack couldn't keep me in s2, whereas rick and morty, although the quality dropped slightly it was still a fantastic show.

Season 3 will tell though, apparently they've gone out and hired a bunch of women writers. Just 'cos.
>>
>>78936404
S2 already had a women writer just cuz. The team the studio had itself working on the show is everything /co/ hates.
>>
>>78936404
Never could get into Rick and Morty. Love BH though. Maybe it's just bc I'm a furfag.
>>
>>78936502
Ironic as it sounds, BH is more grounded in the real world than R&M. R&M is about doing stupid shit and having fun in dumb scifi fuckall worlds. BH is about the struggle of fading out of while still clinging to your prime time.
>>
>>78936461
Ahh, i thought they showcased Summer a bit more; not that it's an issue.
But it will be interesting how it changes as more writers add a different influence, i don't think bojack has a chance.

>Boondocks X rick & morty crossover would be fucking awesome.
>>78936502
One thing i did like was the attribution of animal to personality.
It just hasn't saved the series, as it's been overdone in every form of media... i mean shit, MAUZ.
>>
>>78936605
I honestly enjoyed more Summer. From a writer's standpoint, I think she's fun and has a lot of room to grow as a character. I enjoy the prospect of her being Rick's sidekick in an alternate universe.

What I disliked about this season, however, were the amount of B-plots dedicated to Jerry and Beth. They dragged the show down. Hopefully the next season puts them in more sci-fi situations.
>>
>>78932595

It was one of those shows that I feel like if someone recommended me I'd fucking hate it, but having discovered it before it was all over the place made it niche and tolerable a couple years ago
>>
Both the intro and outro are amazing. The show is pretty good.
>>
>>78936757
In my experience, you have to mention it in passing to people to get them to watch it or just be watching it when they walk in and keep watching it.
>>
>>78936710
I enjoyed the Summer stories the relationship episode of Jerry and Beth was an absolute fucking pissup, but mr.poopybutthole was easily the seasons highlight.
>>
I haven't seen every animated comedy in recent years but I think it's second only to RIck and Morty, though they have rather opposite dynamics in terms of drama juxtaposed with comedy.

Rick and Morty is a comedy with drama and feels, Bojack Horseman is a feelsy drama with comedy. I don't recall laughing a great deal while watching Bojack (although it does have some fantastic jokes and gags) but it felt much more like a take on depression. When I watched it I was actually in the middle of the worst depression I've faced in my entire life, having coped with clinical depression for a rather long time myself. It felt like it was much more character oriented and humor came from that, whereas the opposite is true for R&M - the more depressing moments came from the characters when the comedy stopped instead of the other way around.

I think they're sort of apples and oranges and I don't prefer comparing them, but I do think R&M just edges it out overall due to its creativity.
>>
>>78936595
Huh, never really thought about that. I tried watching Steven Universe, but never really got into it. Perhaps relatable/possible things are more my type.
>>
Ehh, I'm not a fan. I think the voice actors suck, and the art is bad. Also the main character is so fucking typical.
>>
File: 1452296542021.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452296542021.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>We can all agree that ____________, right?

fuck off
>>
>>78932595
No, that's Over the Garden Wall. But BoJack comes really close.

>all these people saying Rick and Morty is the best
what
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.