[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Zack Snyder: ‘Justice League’ Film Will...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 26
>Zack Snyder: ‘Justice League’ Film Will Explore ‘the Mythology’ of Doomsday

>“I know what’s in the movie, so I know there’s other stuff,” Snyder laughed, checking in via phone from Los Angeles, where he’s putting the final touches on the March 25 release.

>“We had a long conversation about just taking ownership of that, of giving it to the audience in a controlled way that I felt was consistent with the escalation of the campaign,” said Snyder, a commercials veteran.

>“In a weird way, Justice League is the next step for these characters to form a bigger team,” he teased. “Maybe there’s a bigger enemy to fight.”

>Did he mean Darkseid? Brainiac? Ever ambiguous, Snyder hinted at what he may or may not have in mind for Justice League’s “bigger enemy.” “Well, you have Doomsday, right? He doesn’t just crawl out of the ground. He has his own mythology, right? So that has to be explored…”

>To us it really made sense to give [Doomsday] to the audience now. I really wanted to make the audience a promise that… though I’m super excited and happy and fulfilled by the conflict of Batman and Superman, there’s also a bigger world to start to think about.”
>>
Doomsday will have ties to Brainiac and Brainiac will be Kryptonian based and in the end JLs villain will be Brainiac
>>
>Snyder’s the one laying down the roadmap. “It is constantly evolving, but we’re starting to get a handle on where we’re going with the world,” he said. “That’s fun because it allows us now to be driving toward a goal that we don’t have to make up as much. The rules can be the rules, and the movie can exist in a closed universe… it allows us to tie things together. If there’s a movie over here doing this, and we’re over here doing this, now we’re all on the same page.

>“It allows for a coherent universe, which is important,” he added. “I think that makes the experience a little more satisfying because we know where we’re going, so the misdirects can be stronger and the reveals can be bigger.”

>“We made him fight,” Ayer told USA Today. “He’s awesome (as Batman)...You really sense that but for the grace of God he himself would be doing some really foul stuff out in the world.”

>“The great thing about having Chris Terrio as the writer of this project is it’s hard to get him not to do that. It’s in his DNA,” he said. “When we talk about it in mythological terms we’re always talking about, what does it mean to the world? What does it mean mythologically to us, now? What is the why of all of it?”

>“Those conversations are a big part of the genesis of all of the ideas,” he continued. “It also offers an opportunity because you have now a variety of perspectives on a single issue. That allows the conversation to be bolder and more lively in the debate, because of these varied points of view.”
>>
And link
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/12/zack-snyder-justice-league-film-will-explore-the-mythology-of-doomsday.html
>>
>>78926108
Better than blowing your load on Darkseid right off.
>>
So cyborg alien Brainiac or Kryptonian AI Brainiac? What's your preference /co/
>>
This is a terrible way to create a universe. Have one movie do it's own thing and explain it in the second one? BvS addressing the destruction of Metropolis, JL explaining Doomsday's origins. The next movie in a series should build off the previous, not spend time explaining or fixing it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>"We give thanks to the great god Rao and celebrate his victory over Cythonna."
>"We remember those who fell during the Last War"
>"Beware Bertron's curse, for he is named Doomsday."

They might establish a connection between Bertron (and his experiments) and Brainiac.
>>
File: KillMe.gif (999 KB, 300x169) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KillMe.gif
999 KB, 300x169
>>78926063
>multiple films dedicated to Doomsday
>>
>>78926520
>that comprehension
yep. marvelbaby confirmed
>>
>>78926538
Where is that from?
>>
>>78926660
They should totally kill the villains. Just like my Marvel movies :^)
>>
>>78926063
but Doomsday did literally just crawl out of the ground, the mystery behind him is what made him cool. Everything else that was added later just sucked.
>>
>>78926684
The MoS extras, 'Krypton Decoded' if I remember correctly.
>>
>>78926676
>To us it really made sense to give [Doomsday] to the audience now.
>Snyder hinted at what he may or may not have in mind for Justice League’s “bigger enemy.” “Well, you have Doomsday, right? He doesn’t just crawl out of the ground. He has his own mythology, right? So that has to be explored…”

I'm interpreting that as Doomsday is coming up in BvS but the bigger enemy in Justice League will explain his origins
>>
File: 1435720519078.gif (2 MB, 248x291) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435720519078.gif
2 MB, 248x291
>>78926063
>‘Justice League’ Film Will Explore ‘the Mythology’ of Doomsday

Fucking why?

Everything shown or said about the Snyder shit has been terrible.
>>
>>78926764
Exactly. Doomsday's just not a terribly interesting character to explore...
>>
>>78926448
Why not both?
>>
>>78926340
Based Snyder protecting us from some shitty jl origins/war
>>
File: 1430672353980.jpg (30 KB, 465x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430672353980.jpg
30 KB, 465x500
>>78926847
poor robot
>>
>>78926847
>Fucking why?
Because if you use words like epic and mythic enough people will start ascribing depth where there is none.
>>
>>78926340
They're never doing Darkseid. You know why.
>>
>>78927022
I'm going to tell myself it's because they're intelligent enough to know they can't so him justice, even if it's a lie.
>>
File: 1452407243157.png (6 KB, 212x238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452407243157.png
6 KB, 212x238
>>78926847
>TFW that robot is literally you
>>
Can a DC psycho not shoot up a theater and instead kill Zack Snyder.

He needs to be stopped.
>>
>>78927130
Damn son. I didn't realize robots could post on 4chan. Let alone feel emotions. Get better at soccer already idiot.
>>
>>78926847
>>78926959
>>78927130
COME ON!
>>
>>78927153
Ebin. Simply ebin. :)
>>
>>78926108
Superman continues to validate his existence by fighting threats he wouldn't need to fight if Superman wasn't there?
>>
>>78926063
>Zombie Zod is mythology
DCasuals will actually defend this.
>>
>>78926887
But krypton and the codex are great stuff to explore, also lex os>>78927022
>>
>>78927220
Dance off.
>>
>>78927153
>Snyder gets murdered
>DC hires Michael Bay in his place
This is your fault
>>
>>78927220
>>78927242
Guys, guys. You're both massive faggots. :)
>>
>>78927022
>darkseid is a much better character than thanos
>they know marvel will make thanos better in the movies than they could ever make darkseid

well, at least they know their own limitations
>>
>>78927178
>>
>>78926063
>Film Will Explore ‘the Mythology’ of Doomsday
or lack thereof
>>
File: mjcry1.png (12 KB, 63x80) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mjcry1.png
12 KB, 63x80
>>78926847

I keep watching this hoping he will finally kick the ball.
>>
>>78927263
>Darkseed
>A character
lol
>>
>>78926063
>‘the Mythology’ of Doomsday


Isn't BvS and the 6 Lord of the Rings movies enough?
>>
>>78927387
yeah, i might be wrong here, but doomsday was basically an ass-pull plot device to do a story about the death of superman, right? he's a mindless beast, he has no "mythology"
>>
>>78927551
Yeah, he came out of a hole in the ground and that was it.
Everything came later.
>>
>>78927252
>Michael Bay

He's too tied up in Transformers and Turtle shit.
>>
>>78927551
For fucks sake why can't you idiots read? Its pretty clear they are talking of the origin of doomsday as in krypton history
>>
>>78927595
Just like with batman ;) or superman
>>
So the Justice League movie is already ruined.
Fucking Christ. I had my hopes up but DC keeps fucking up again and again.
>>
>>78927663

So why not say the origin of Zod. Since that's who Doomsday is (fucking retarded).

And even still that would be hella redundant.
>>
Man of Steel was pretty good and this will probably be okay too
>>
File: 1448397303399.jpg (31 KB, 449x546) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448397303399.jpg
31 KB, 449x546
>>78926063
Just fucking stop talking and showing shit, god damn

We're still months away from the movie, why the hell do i need to already know the main threat won't be 100% defeated? Hell, i didn't want to know about Dooomsday's presence in the first place, the advertisment of this movie went too quickly from Batman vee Superman to [s]The Avengers[/s] Justice League: the Teaser

At this rate by the time the movie comes out i'll even know how many times Wonder Woman puked behind the scenes to stay "fit"
>>
>>78927219
Lex was right.
>>
>>78926063
>Mythology of Doomsday
Doomsday doesn't have a fucking mythology, he's just a big meant to kill Superman.
Also Doomsday looks like a slightly more ugly Thing here.
>>
>>78927733
He's just a clone from zod's biological material. Then batman sees superman taking a beating and reveals HIS secret weapon to stop Doomsday:the clone from superman's biological material-Bizarro! So now we got bizarro in there too, but THEN, the shockwaves of a superman/doomsday/wonder woman/bizarro four-way punch shatter the portal to earth three and Ultraman is like "what up, bitches?".

AND THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS
>>
>>78926063
>“Maybe there’s a bigger enemy to fight.”

Yeah, the bigger enemy is you Zack Snyder.
>>
>>78927842
I agree. All my hype deflated with Doomsday being in the new trailer. They just can't stop messing up.
>>
Why exactly does /co/ hate Snyder so much? He literally can't say anything without this place going into a fit of autismal rage. It's not like you guys read comics, so it can't be anything related to that.
>>
>>78928066
it's kind of amazing really that marvel creates a better CU without having spider-man, x-men or FF when they start out. meanwhile DC has batman and superman and they just can't make it work
>>
>>78928187
Because MUH WATCHMEN and MUH MAN OF MURDER
>>
>>78928187
I don't really hate him. I just think they could've found someone better to run the DCEU.
>>
>bigger team

forever evil confirmed.
>>
>>78926887
Also in this case where is the mystery? Lex messes around with a corpse and makes Frakenzodoomsday.
>>
>>78928246
He's not the only one running it.
>>
>>78928213

Honestly you can make the case that it's because the MCU didn't have them is the reason they become so successful.
>>
File: 1450061197129.png (2 MB, 1610x2226) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450061197129.png
2 MB, 1610x2226
>>78928187
>Why exactly does /co/ hate Snyder so much?

Because he's a hack?
>>
>>78928278
Presumably he just wanted to revive/clone Zod. Now, why did it go to shit and create Doomsday?
>>
>>78927219
Soooo, like the comics?
>>
>>78928303
possibly. if they did we'd never have so many characters have a chance to get their own movies because they would just be doing spider-man and X-men movies
>>
>We'll explore the mythology of doomsday

So, according to the mythology, Doomsday is created from Lex Luthor using the decomposing corpse of General Zod, and is then quickly defeated by a combination of superman, batman, wonderwoman, and maybe aquaman?
>>
>>78928187
You honestly think it's a /co/ thing, to not like Snyder?
>>
>>78928339
that's a mystery

>herp derp i'm an arrogant, overly confident megalomaniac playing with the biology of an alien thousands of years ahead of anything on earth, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
>>
>>78928332
>rottentomatoes

Oh lurd.
>>
>>78926063
>He has his own mythology, right?
Not really, no.
Nothing very interesting anyway, he's just a fucking monster
>>
>>78928339
>Now, why did it go to shit and create Doomsday?

Not very compelling.
>>
>>78928339
Kryptonians have genetic copyright protection to keep other races fron cloning them. Some say the mutation is a response to that.
>>
>>78928332
You got any opinions of your own there, son?
>>
>>78928395
It's also a /tv/ thing.
>>
>>78927714
>I've never read comics: the post
Batman and Superman were fully realized in their first stories, with Superman gaining new concepts later on from radio serials
>>
What's he gonna show on Conan tomorrow guys?
>>
>>78928239
>Because he's directed awful movies
Fixed for (You), my memeing friend.
>>
>>78928502
:^^^^^^^3
>>
>>78928476
More of Batman sperging out, some reason having a texas drawl and using a halloween voice changer.
>>
Why doesn't Superman just throw him into space? Doomsday can't fly
>>
>>78928451
He clearly has his own opinions and is using the feedback from critics and the public to back him up.

You really think people hate Man of Steel or Watchmen just to fit in? We don't force ourselves to hate things, believe it or not. We just do, when said things are garbage.
>>
>>78926660
Don't forget that this Doomsday is Zod, so he's technically in the first DCEU movie too
>>
>>78927153
If serious then you need to burn in the depths of mother fucking hell you worthless sadist piece of human fucking trash.
A person deserves to die because they make a movie for a different audience then you? I knew MOS haters were petty selfish narcissist but this is a whole new level.
Fuck you and Die if your serious.
>>
>>78928746
I hope YOU are not being serious.
>>
>>78928746
>Fuck you and Die if your serious.

Oh the ironing
>>
>>78928560
>We just do, when said things are garbage
But even the very worst scene in MOS is not full on garbage, your confusing a film being perfectly competently made for a different audience then you as it being flawed on a story telling and film making level which is was not at all.
>>
>>78928560
There's a difference between not liking something and hating it with a passion. Critics have moved on, you should too.
>>
>>78928746
If serious then you need to burn in the depths of mother fucking hell you worthless sadist piece of human fucking trash.
A person deserves to die because they have an opinion that's different from yours? I knew MOS defenders were petty selfish narcissist but this is a whole new level.
Fuck you and Die if your serious.
>>
>>78928246
Such as?
>>
>>78928846
>Such as?


George Miller
>>
>>78928815
I never said you deserve to die if you didn't like MOS/BVS/Snyder, I'm saying you deserve to die if you actually want him to be fucking murdered.
>>
>mythology of doomsday

CLOSE UP ON OP'S PIC:

-FREEZE FRAME-

Whrrrroah whrrrroah whrrrroah, srro yorrru're prrrobrrabrrly wrrrondrrrering hrrowr I grrortr mysrrelf irrrnto thrrisrrr...

Letrr's go backrr...
>>
>>78928882
I'd really like to see David Lynch direct a comic book movie.
>>
>>78928796
MoS is very much flawed on a storytelling level.

Filmmaking more or less.
>>
>>78928886

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K
>>
File: 8Bymjvr.jpg (82 KB, 1001x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8Bymjvr.jpg
82 KB, 1001x281
>>78928332
Not and never will be relevant you fucking delusional idiot.
>>
>>78928886
>>>/tv/
>>
Why didn't Lex just attach Kryptonite to Doomsday? No way Supes could have beaten that
>>
>>78928995

It will always be relevant.

Forever.

Deal with it or kill yourself.
>>
>>78928924
No it was not, your pathetic mind not being able to understand flashbacks is not a flaw.
There is NOTHING fucking wrong with the god damn story.
You personally wishing that they did not have Clark unintentionally lead Zod here IS NOT A FUCKING FLAW!
>>
>>78929041
Doomsday is a clone of Zod, so he's vulnerable to Kryptonite as well.

That's how Batman kills it.
>>
>>78929054
NO ITS NOT, becuase it was made for a target audience and they loved it, the target audience just want not every no taste having camp and joke addicted shit stain that sees movies these days. It accomplished EXACTLY what it set out to do.
>>
>>78929066
Was Doomsday weak to Kryptonite in the comics? I know it's super fucking hard to get him to stay dead.
>>
>>78928882
He sounds like he's done making movies. He just said he's not doing anymore Mad Max. Niggas old.
>>
>>78929165
You literally just made that up. He's making two more mad max movies.
>>
>>78929116
Doomsday isn't weak to anything
He made even Darkseid shit his pants
>>
>>78929063
not the guy, but can i offer something here? I've recently started reading Earth One and I was mind blown by how much MoS stole from that. Mind blown. They just had Zod instead of the blue alien guy. superman even gets pinned to the ground by a beam, except instead of gravity it was a red sun beam
>>
>>78929185
He announced it the other day
>>
>>78929165

You don't need to direct to run the DCEU

>>78929185

Sorry to break the news to you anon.

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/11/george-miller-will-never-make-another-mad-max-movie/
>>
>>78929041
Thing is, Lex is a fucking idiot for making Doomsday (if there isn't a twist like he's just reviving or cloning Zod but he turns into Doomsday, which I doubt because Superman could beat him again)
>>
>>78929185
you really need to leave 4chan once in a while
>>
>>78929217
>>78929234
For fucks sakes
>>
>>78929234
>fans want more mad max
>make them wait decades
>make the best mad max yet
>quit

GANGSTA
A
N
G
S
T
A
>>
>>78929063
I had no problem with the flashbacks.

The movie had a flawed story filled with contradicting messages, tonal whiplashes, awkward exposition and uneven pacing.
>>
>>78929185
http://www.wordandfilm.com/2016/01/george-miller-opts-out-directing-mad-max-sequels/
>>
>>78929216
Nothing wrong with adapting earth one in part, Its tone and World building was ideal for a realistic Superman, the problem with EO v1, is Clark is unlikable and never seems to EVER care about helping others, MOS fixed that, in that he absolutely wants to help people but fears he may cause more harm then good. And the other is EOs first villain was lame as fuck while MOS fixed that also by giving us the best most sympathetic Zod we have ever gotten in any medium.
>>
>>78926847
Indeed doomsday is an incredibly shitty villain but I guess someone has snyder's ear telling him this villain is amazing or something
>>
File: file.png (260 KB, 570x285) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
file.png
260 KB, 570x285
JUST SWEET MY BOY UP
>>
>>78928187
I hate him because he's an incredibly mediocre director
His worst movie sucker punch pretty much said all you need to know about someone who is only concerned with visuals and less with crafting a cohesive story
>>
>bryan singer makes a bad superman movie
>scratch him out
>snyder makes a bad superman movie
>give him the reins to DCEU
>>
>>78929346
>contradicting messages
No, it was never contradicting, it was nicely contrasting, the jesus/savior dialogue and imagery is to show his potential while we see the reality that he is just a flawed but good man striving to do great things in a world that may hate and fear him.
> tonal whiplashes
Only the jump from the death of Zod to the drone scene.
> awkward exposition
The scene were Jor tells Clark his origin was a beautiful humble moment of wonder and fulfillment.
>and uneven pacing.
Pacing was phenomenal, loved the slow pondering first 2 3rds contrasting the thunderously epic end.
>>
>>78929450
Lex would love that he's bringing all of us together like this, ya know.
>>
>>78928332
He's made quite a career of taking comic book shit and making it mediocre
Only good movie he's done is 300 and even that is spotty
>>
>>78929536
>he is just a flawed but good man striving to do great things in a world that may hate and fear him.
I didn't realize Superman was an X-Man.
>>
>>78928187
Well, he's done more for comic movies than Uwe Boll has for video game movies...there you go Zack, one nice thing was said about you ITT
>>
File: Qrs7fVu.png (135 KB, 1367x489) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Qrs7fVu.png
135 KB, 1367x489
>>78929522
But nether was a bad film, Returns was a stale homage to past films with a good villain but odd villainous plot and a lame Superman has a kid sub plot.
And mos see pic related.
>>
File: 1450225052621.png (267 KB, 496x508) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450225052621.png
267 KB, 496x508
>>78929536
No mate, just no

How delusional do you have to be to actually believe the excessive destruction was supposed to be a symbolic contrast with the extremely sutble Jesus theme? Not even Snyder says that, he just goes "but Avengers did it too! Muh serious movie with serious action"
>>
>>78929580
He isn't, but putting Superman in a realistic and darker mistrustful world makes better contextual use of him, there is no point in a bright beacon of hope in a bright hopeful world.
>>
>>78929041
>>78929066
Reminder there's no Kryptonite in the DC movieverse.
>>
>>78929522
Superman Returns was the result of many attempts to make a new Superman movie, racking up budget costs over decades. It was a financial disaster.
>>
>>78929707
jesus there's literally a scene in the trailer of lex staring at glowing green kryptonite
>>
>>78929589
Video game movies are terrible. The only good one is Mortal Kombat and even that's a pretty awful movie. I don't know why it's so hard to make a good video game movie.
>>
>>78929668
No, I never said the destruction was meant to be contrasting the Jesus imagery, I was saying Clark's characterization was.
The destruction was a result of the fact that this is meant to be a extremely realistic world and so Superman isn't portrayed as a mary sue that can do anything and everything perfectly regardless of his potential to do great things.
And the destruction has little to do with Superman's position as a savior as he did not cause the damage, Zod did, dumb fuck.
>>
>>78929774
Wait what? Why'd we have an entire movie of Superman and other Kryptonians ~breathing Kryptonian atmosphere~ for the same effect if they're just going to introduce real Kryptonite in the next movie?

God I hate these fucking films.
>>
>>78929806
Except he's still portrayed as a Mary Sue, and a boring one at that. Just a terribly incompetent one.
>>
>>78929834
because zack the hack
>>
>>78930001
He looks like he wants to make love to the rock but he knows he can't and it's killing him inside.
>>
>>78929985
>Mary Sue
Now this is one of those instances where you're using that term completely wrong. Clark is very flawed, and doesn't always win.
>>
>>78929985
They fact that he had to kill Zod proves he is not a mary sue.
>>
>>78930046
why do you think he loses his hair.

"Sir, should be come back later?"

"THIS HOLE WAS MADE FOR ME."

*whap whap whap...splurt*
>>
>>78928746
lol
>>
>>78929834
>>78930001
So shouldn't you be blaming the guy who actually wrote the fucking stories then? Fucking Snyder hate from neck beards i tell you....
>>
>>78930133
Will Lex teach Superman that if there's a hole, it's a man's job to thrust into it?
>>
>>78929806
Clark doesn't have a characterization in this movie, or at least not a proper character arc, that's one of it's biggest flaws

Post-costume Clark is never shown being that saviour. He doesn't even try, the last heroic thing he does in the movie is giving himself up to Zod. Then he punches a machine and then saves his girlfriend, that's it, there's no conflict in the character until he kills Zod (which makes it even more weird because it gives the impression he he cares more about the life of a mad tyrant than thousands of civilians, but whatever)

There's not a single line about how he wasn't good enough, not a sad face about all the people that died despite his efforts against the terraforming machine, no, the movie doesn't care about that, the final scenes are super-punch against super-punch followed by destruction of satellites and "he's so sexy"

I mean, there's a fucking reason why all the drones go "but they'll show the consequence of his actions in BvS!", there's no resolution to Superman's character in the damn movie
>>
>>78927022
But muh Knightmare Parademons.
>>
>>78930174
"Do it Superman, show the Bat what his holes are for."

Its what his Knightmare was about. Those guys pinning him down so Superman could get a dlying start for the deep shot.
>>
>>78928811
You really expect people not to talk about MoS still when it's sequel is about to come out?
>>
>>78929652
>Superman has a kid sub plot.
I wonder how they would have handled Superbastard if the movie got sequels.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 461x759) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 461x759
>>78926448
Both breh

Starts of as a Kryptonian AI who becomes a cyborg alien.
>>
>>78926538
Who's Bertron ?
Is there an Ernietron?
>>
>>78928332
How could Snyder fuck up my favorite book series, IT'S NOT THAT HARDER TO FUCK UP. You don't have to make it exactly similar to the books, taking liberties is fine but... Snyder just fucked it up.
Also he pretty much fucked up the point of Watchman. So he ruined two things for me.
>>
>>78930171
Snyder wrote the story along with David Goyer and Chris Terrio wrote a script based on it.
>>
>>78930196
>Post-costume Clark is never shown being that saviour. He doesn't even try
Saving 7 BILLION Lives twice is not being a savior??? Almost dying to stop the machine isn't trying???
> (which makes it even more weird because it gives the impression he he cares more about the life of a mad tyrant than thousands of civilians, but whatever)
BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO ABOUT THE CIVILIANS WHILE HE IS IN ONE ON ONE COMBAT WITH ZOD, you seriously want the director to break up the fight so Clark can weep over those already dead instead of fighting to stop Zod to save those that are still alive, are you fucking serious?
>>
>>78930342
The script for Bryan Singer's "The Man of Steel" leaked.

>Superman is watching Jason from afar.
>Brainiac arrives on Earth, is a Kryptonian A.I. that can possess automaton bodies.
>Superman destroys all of Brainiac's bodies.
>Brainiac then manages to transfer his consciousness to Jason's body, artifically aging him into a young adult with abilities that equal Superman's.
>Superman is forced to kill Jason to save Metropolis and destroy Brainiac.
>>
File: ZS.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ZS.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>it's a Snyder hate episode

Why tho?

https://youtu.be/2L6GHHUt1eE
>>
File: sexual pleasure.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sexual pleasure.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>78930373
>them thighs
>>
>>78930525
>forced to kill your son to save the world
Should have burned him out of the internet.
>>
>>78930497
Why do you always use the "MUH 7 BILLION" argument when all superheroes have done the same in their movies? It's not an unbelieve feat that only Superman has done, film-wise.
>>
>>78930339
Nothing new has been said on here in 3 years. It's still memeposting.
>>
>>78930402
the nigga that made doomsday
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bertron_(New_Earth)
>>
>>78930559
Snyder is a competent visual director, but he's also rather pretentious and a bit of a douchebag. Add to that the fact both "Watchmen" and "Man of Steel" are very divisive movies which did a lot that people genuinely consider to be wrong, and it's easy to understand why some people aren't sweet on the guy.

Particularly, I think he'd be much better off if he stopped tried to reinvent the wheel through superhero movies and just committed to delivering an entertaining movie. But he seems to obsessed with proving himself as an auteur to do so.
>>
>>78930559
Acting like any of that makes a good Director. He's still not as good as could be if he just worked to impove what doesn't work.
>>
>>78928882
Wasn't he going to do the awful sounding and looking JL film?
Sounds like a dodged bullet.
>>
>>78930602
Memes are the DNA of the soul, Jack.
>>
>>78930171
>......
Hello Reddit
>>
>>78930497
>you seriously want the director to break up the fight so Clark can weep over those already dead instead of fighting to stop Zod to save those that are still alive, are you fucking serious?

Haha, why not? But no, it wasn't necessary to interrupt the fight, he could've done that when he arrived to Metropolis, when Zod was still thought to be dead. But nope, it's super important to have him kiss Lois on a ground zero instead because this totally unconventional and groundbreakingly realistic superhero movie still needs the shoehorned romance. Please
>>
>>78930571
Because IT IS NOT POSSIBLE for him to save people one by one when fighting Zod alone considering how fast they move.
> Proof - The ONE time Superman gets distracted to look up at the parking garage exploding Zod INSTANTLY is upon him punching him down.
So the big picture is what he has to worry about in this scenario not the individuals on the street.
And this is one of the best examples of saving the big picture in film, as it actually cost Clark something to so so, he almost dies to stop the world engine, he has to take out the scout ship and the last chance to save his race, and has to kill Zod.
Superman being able to save the world perfectly with non consequence or downside is the definition of a mary sue resolution and its fun but not as engaging.
>>
>>78930602
Nothing new has been said because we've talked about all of the flaws already.

Also fuck off fa/tv/irgin
>>
>>78926063
What mythology, exactly? He's just an excuse villain to make The Death of Superman happen. At least Bane did a few other things to grow out of his role as the same thing for Knightfall, Doomsday hasn't really done anything else beyond that. Probably because he's a lot less usable considering a nigh-invincible berserking monster is both not very interesting to build stories about and much harder to get rid of without breaking credibility.
>>
>>78930756
I agree the kiss wasn't needed, however, In context it was not out of romance and more out of the fact that the 2 needed comfort and stability after both almost being torn apart atom by atom in a black hole, they were both literally shaking as they embraced.
>>
>>78930761
You can have downsides without undermining the core concept you're selling.

But whatever, it's been three years and I'm tired of this endless debate OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.
>>
>>78929105
so you mean its a cult movie?
>>
>>78930837
If there's a SuperBatman, is there also a Banesday?
>>
>>78930840
Come on, it's a romantic kiss. Let's not split hairs about it.

And it was awful.
>>
>>78930761
>Because IT IS NOT POSSIBLE for him to save people one by one when fighting Zod alone considering how fast they move.

You people say stuff like this as if the story in the movie went that way because it had to follow some natural rules and not because it was written purposefully like that
>>
>>78930881
No, the audience that wants to see a serious toned take on Superman is a good amount bigger than a cult following, hence why the RT score is split down the middle.
>>
>>78930911
Lois being a creepy stalker with a big dick doesn't help.
>>
>>78930917
It was following the rules of the realistic world they set up.
The only way to write it otherwise would be to make them slow and not half as impressive like Superman 2 did or have Zod just stand/float around doing nothing while Superman saves people.
>>
File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1380
>>78929522
>Snyder makes Sucker Punch
>Flops
>Snyder makes Watchmen
>Barely pays itself
>Snyder makes Man of Steel
>WB expects movie to be the highest grossing movie of the studio, passing Harry Potter with $1.3 billion
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/
>Movie makes HALF of that
>Gives Snyder complete reign over the entire DC property

How does he do it?
>>
>>78930769
We've talked about opinions that makes me wonder if some of you are literally autistic and don't understand empathy.
>>
>>78931504
>Produced by Deborah Snyder

His wife pays the bill.
>>
>>78931504
>>WB expects movie to be the highest grossing movie of the studio, passing Harry Potter with $1.3 billion
>taking exec fluff hype literally

I think you might be autistic.
>>
>>78931504
He knows people. That's pretty much it. He and his Wife are pretty controlling.
>>
>>78931504
He beats up everyone else who tries to take his place
>>
>>78931636
Though that is why all the Superman films that were going to come up next were shelved and they sped up putting Batman back into the mix.
>>
>>78930559
>That room of causals at the end
Fuckin TMZ
>>
>>78930911
Thousands of corpses lay behind them and Zod is still on the loose. There was nothing romantic about it. All it proved is supernan doesn't care about people.
>>
>>78931810
He's kinda autistic like Batman.
>>
>>78931636
Even if they didn't expect to be the highest grossing movie, they surely expected to break 1 billion just like TDK and TDKR
>>
>>78931810
It's a pretty standard cinematic "Thank God we're alive" kiss. It's not real life you dingus.
>>
>>78927219
>Superman continues to validate his existence by fighting threats he wouldn't need to fight if Superman wasn't there?
Just like he did in Superman II
Or how the Avengers did with Loki and Ultron
Or how Batman does with the Joker
>>
>>78926063
WHY DO THEY KEEP FUCKING DOING THIS.

EVERY TIME THESE NIGGERS OPEN THEIR MOUTHS AND SPOIL THE FUCKING MOVIE MORE MY DESIRE TO GO SEE IT BECOMES LESS. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO ENJOY A MOVIE IF I GET ALL MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE IT COMES OUT AND I ENTER THE THEATER TWO STEPS AHEAD OF THE PLOT?

fucking goddamn you niggers are dense. Stop with the fucking formula already.
>>
>>78927219
Just like the comics.

And the Marvel movies.
>>
>>78931444
MoS is not more or less realistic thatn most cape movies, stop using that word, negative ending =/= realism
>>
This movie is going to piss so many Reeve era fans off. I don't know of anyone can survive it the backlash it will get.
>>
>>78931955
Name one other time two characters have kissed with the backdrop of a crater of a thousand dead and they weren't villains.
>>
>>78932071
Part of why the critics got all pissy about the last one.
>>
>>78932115
Thor
>>
>>78932066
It didn't have a negative ending. It literally ended with a spree of bad jokes.
>>
>>78932066
The ending wasn't negative.
>>78932071
You know those Reeve movies? They came out about 40 years ago. No one cares except nerds.
>>
>>78928882

Nope he was going to have Batman snap someone neck and had Superman being brainwashed and destroyed a building.

Plus he thinks Superman is boring and thus would have gotten it wrong.
>>
>>78932143
Wrong.
>>
>>78932115
Well if it has to be a crater you can't, but I reckon it happens in war movies and disaster movies all the time.
>>
>>78932066
Yes it is, the world and setting is much more grounded, army has no laser guns or flying cars, people are mistrustful of others, destruction and consequences happen proving that Superheroes can not solve everything.
>>
>>78932183
Wrong again.
>>
>>78932042
Maybe you're just an oversensitive baby who makes too many assumptions about the information you're given. Ever think of that?
>>
If it wasn't Zack people would bitch about other things.

This boils down to NOT MY DC or NOT MY DADDYS DCU. If so just fuck off and watch the CW shows or go back to the Bruce Timm Universe.
>>
>>78932151
It would be better if it had a negative ending instead, and would justify BvS much more.
>>
>>78932215
You're an idiot. I said it so it's fact now.
>>
>>78932303
Seems pretty well justified to me mate.
>>
>>78932151
>>78932157
I meant negative as in "lotsa people died, city half destroyed", my impression was that anon thinks that's enought to set it apart from other capes

Apparently i was wrong, it's more stupid than that >>78932185
>>
>>78932157
>You know those Reeve movies? They came out about 40 years ago. No one cares except nerds.

My teenage sister loves them. Don't underestimate that charm
>>
this movie is going to be a real crowded mess
>>
>>78932185
So just like Marvel via Netflix
>>
>>78932115
Watchmen
>>
Everything I've heard about the upcoming DCEU sounds cool. If it's executed well is what remains to be seen. Personally I like that the big bads will mostly be Superman villains.

Zack is the only guy over at WB who was pushing for a shared DC movie verse, otherwise you'd get nothing more than more Batman movies and probably a Superman reboot.

Hell Spider-Man has been rebooted three fucking times in one decade, what was stopping them from doing it again by getting rid of Snyder?
>>
>>78932448
Another Snyder movie, also still wrong because that cunt couldn't find a way to make the mushroom cloud dream real.
>>
>>78932342
The crux of the conflict in BvS is Batman has a bad dream.
>>
Probably Lex discovers the Doomsday secret that Braniac destroyed Krypton for Darkseid for and maybe Brainiac or Desaad is already on Earth working with him
>>
>>78932358
How is any of that stupid?
>>
>>78932548
The crux is that Batman is existentially threatened by Superman. He feels like if he can remove the potential threat of Superman it's the only thing he'll ever do that will matter to humanity in the long run.
>>
>>78932157

>You know those Reeve movies? They came out about 40 years ago. No one cares except nerds.

I agree but just saying I don't want another copy cat reeve movie like Returns was trying to be but failed.

I welcome this new Superman, cause truth be told the only good thing about the other movies was the Reeve performance, the villains were terrible and they could come up with anything to really challenge Superman. Dude could turn back time etc, he was god and whats the point of watching a movie about a guy who is unstoppable? The narrative is just pointless.
>>
What if
Now go along with me on this
What if


Ma KentxAlfred resulting in Clark and bruce being psuedo step-brothers
>>
>>78928342
>>78932061
Not completely sure about that anons. I mean the superman from the comics faced problems and stuff that existed before him, and even without him there's stuff that's going to destroy earth.
MoS is more responsable for the menace that he faces.
For example bringing Zod for accident in MoS,and before you guys say anything, no I don't hate MoS I find it a interesting interpretation of Superman.
>>
>>78932548
Are you a dumbass? The dream represents Batman's anxieties about Superman's destructive potential, it's not the cause of it. You act like Batman and Superman are only fighting because Bats ate too much cheese before bed. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, people like you who need everything spelled out are ruining movies for the rest of us.
>>
Snyder is the kind of guy who thinks like a teenager messing with photoshop and keeps adding layers and layers of effects in every single shot because he thinks that makes them look "cool" while everyone else realizes it's a bit too much and distracting. No one should trust him.
>>
>>78927219
Lex was right, you fucking aliens should get out of my earth
>>
File: 1408028558194.png (19 KB, 857x849) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408028558194.png
19 KB, 857x849
>>78932706
>>
>>78932548
Bad dream and then he's grumpy towards Superman through the entire. Maybe we're missing the end of that dream where he had his Batcave plundered by Superman.
>>
>>78932655
Raimi's Spiderman doesn't have flying cars, laser guns, people mistrust the hero, people die, yet i doubt anyone would describe the movie as realistic
>>
I expect Batman v Superman to receive the same about of hate/love Man Of Steel got.

I do think WB should let to of Snyder as he's proven to be a very hit and miss director at best. I would for sure get someone else to direct Justice League.

However still looking forward to both this and Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>78932733
>MoS is more responsable for the menace that he faces.
>For example bringing Zod for accident in MoS
WHY IS THIS BAD? How does it lessen his heroism?
Accidents fucking happen, and before you say he was reckless in activating the scout ship, sure, but it was less reckless then letting the military deconstruct it for decades.
>>
>>78926063
>Bigger enemy
Bane?
>>
>>78932857
This. I'm not even excited for Justice League, I just want the other solo movies that may FINALLY happen.
>>
>>78932706
>Ma KentxAlfred resulting in Clark and bruce being psuedo step-brothers

They should just go with the old canon where Jor-El intended Clark and Bruce to be step brothers
>>
>>78932812
Jokes, humor, people who mistrust Spider-Man are portrayed as blind idiots and not people with valid concerns.
>>
>>78932864
>WHY IS THIS BAD? How does it lessen his heroism?
Never said that was bad anon, you're putting words in my mouth. I just said Superman from MoS is more responsable and direct for the things he fights against, that's all. You should really learn how to read.
>Accidents fucking happen, and before you say he was reckless in activating the scout ship, sure, but it was less reckless then letting the military deconstruct it for decades.
We can't know for sure what was going to happen if the military got his hands in the ship. We just know what happen because of Superman using the ship.
>>
>>78928668
Is he Zod or just a weird mutant clone?
>>
>>78932061
Yeah, comics are trash but I think there's more nuance to movies than you think.

Stane was still going to be out there doing terrible things and getting people killed regardless of whether he had Tony's technology, and the death toll he racked up once he got ahold of it was minimal. It also makes sense for Tony's character arc for him to clean up his own mess. This is something that doesn't work quite as well in the sequels, so you're right there.

Thor is duped by Loki in his first movie, Loki wanting to conquer Earth as revenge is a result of Thor foiling for his schemes. Loki still exists with all his bad attitude and power complexes without Thor.

Cap is free of guilt for any bullshit his villains do. Guardians as well.

Hank is cleaning up his mess, but Scott is the actual protagonist, which exonerates Ant-Man of this.

Ultron is the most egregiously bad example. It really is just the Avengers putting on their maid outfits after spilling milk everywhere.
>>
Doomsday is canonically Bertron's doing in Man of Steel according to the Planet Krypton extra in the MoS Blu Ray. All Snyder is saying is that he'll continue on that path, and I'm almost 100% sure this confirms Brainiac for JL.
>DC film universe built on Superman's shoulders
Based
>hurr Superman brought Zod here
"Everyone creates the thing they dread." That's metanarratively the reason for any supervillain's existence and it's no fault of the hero's (especially one who's actively trying to suppress his superpowers so as to not cause a worldwide panic). Why do you think people like Batman vs Joker so much? It recognizes that metanarrative and plays off of it. Joker wouldn't exist without Batman. Lex wouldn't be the person he is without Superman. Ultron wouldn't exist without Iron Man or Hank Pym.
>>78932968
>Loki still exists with all his bad attitude and power complexes without Thor.
So did Zod and the Scout Ship. Zod was still searching for a planet to terraform and "heretical" races to destroy and the US government was already uncovering the ship.
>>
>>78932775
that and he's horrible at casting. Jesse Eisenberg picked for a "super secret" character and then gave him the better role of Lex which was the opposite of the character he was going to play.
>>
>>78931936
No. They projected $700 million and got just about that. They hire analysts for a reason.
>>
>>78933052
He totally was gonna be Jimmy
>>
>>78932895
You honestly think the supporting cast in MoS was in anyway realistic? I mean, i give you papa Kent, he wasn't badly written but he was indeed misused. But the rest? Brave reporter gurl? Grumpy army man? Doctor Scientist? Clumsy secretary? "He's so sexy" girl? There's nothing realistic about the "he saved us" reaction
>>
>>78933052
>>78933078
>"super secret" character
If its Jimmy, and they were going for an Eisenburg-tier actor that we haven't seen yet, who do you think they picked?
It seems so strange to keep him on the down low
>>
>>78932279
Which is funny cause this is the most faithful WB has ever been with their live action movies. I don't even know why people are mad.
>>
>>78933072
>They projected $700 million

Not true.

and mos only made 640million
>>
>>78933080
>There's nothing realistic about the "he saved us" reaction
Him stopping the world engine DID save that group that said those words, and it did save the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD.
>>
>>78933132
>>78933078

I dunno, I had the feeling it could have been Ted Kord.
>>
>>78932895
>people who mistrust Spider-Man are portrayed as blind idiots and not people with valid concerns.

So.... Like BvS? Where Superman naysayers are

>Evil
Luthor

>Misguided
Batman and Holly Hunter

>Dumbasses
The anti-Superman protesters.
>>
>>78933080
>Grumpy army man

You shut your whore mouth about Stabler
>>
>>78933033
And had Superman not made it to Earth, Zod never would have either. Loki attacking Earth is brought on by Loki's schemes in Thor 1, not Thor himself. It's true that, if Thor stayed on Earth, there'd be no Loki attacking it in Avengers, but since Loki was already doing his thing in Asgard, and the audience sees that going on, it takes the edge off by the time we get to the next movie.

Thor didn't bring Loki to Earth, Loki being a dick brought Loki to Earth.
>>
>>78933080
>There's nothing realistic about the "he saved us" reaction
>Hm the ground isn't flying into the sky and being hurled at us anymore and this blue and red guy just showed up after saving a woman from a kilometer long fall
>YOU MURDERER
>>
>>78933165
Oh shit, New52 Ted was pretty Zuckerburg-esque looking.
You could be onto something. I wonder if we will see Ted in BvS then?
>>
>>78926847
god damn robot everytime
>>
>>78933156
Yes, it is true. Go look it up. They also made a shitload of money in marketing before the movie was even released.
>>
>>78933033
>Based
>implying
The whole weight is going on Batman, there's a reason the sequel of MoS doesn't have a green light along with Warner going for the choice of using Batman like their main selling point like before.
Also Lex was still an asshole and bad guy without Superman.
>>
>>78933205
We won't.
>>
>>78933223
>Go look it up.

I did faggot

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

mos was a huge failure for WB.
>>
>>78933246
Thanks Booster
>>
>>78933167
Dunno man, Lex and Batman got good reasons to not trust Sups. I wonder how are they going to work it in the movie, because from this point of view, if Clark never landed on earth or activated the machine Zod and the invasion wouldn't be a thing on the first place.
>>
>>78933253
>mos was a huge failure for WB.

Yup. Which is why the sequel is cancelled.
>>
>>78933167
But JJJ has NO reason to mistrust or fear Spider-Man.
There is absolutely nothing misguided or dumb about fearing the power of being that can kill every living person on earth by hand.
>>
>>78933253
That's not an official projection you absolute retard. That's just an exec hyping his product in an interview.
>>
>>78933290
HE WEARS A MASK!

HEROES DON'T NEED TO HIDE

EVEN THO MAGNETO SHOWS HIS FACE AND SLAUGHTERS MILLIONS, SPIDER-MAN IS STILL A MENACE BECAUSE OF THAT MAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSK!
>>
>>78933273
It's simple, they'll be strawmen.

We know Luthor will claim that he hates Superman because he represents a threat to Humanity when he is really just jealous.

And Batman will be projecting his rage over Robin's death AND be manipulated by Luthor, so that we're 100% clear he would never hate our hero and savior Superman in his right mind.
>>
>>78933205
>>78933165
>yfw Michael Cera as Ted Kord
>>
File: GIF.gif (1 MB, 302x221) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GIF.gif
1 MB, 302x221
>>78933369

>DKEK BTFO
>>
>>78933290
>But JJJ has NO reason to mistrust or fear Spider-Man.

Yes, that's the joke. He's still pretty clearly shown to be misguided.
>>
>>78933189
>And had Superman not made it to Earth, Zod never would have either.
The scout ship was already sent to us and Zod was already continuing his planetary engineering schemes. You have no way of knowing that Zod wouldn't have found Earth by himself or if the government wouldn't have done something stupid. The reason the people of the DCU are lucky is that the guy who loves them more than anyone else was the one who found them first, and will protect and uplift them.
>>78933231
>The whole weight is going on Batman, there's a reason the sequel of MoS doesn't have a green light along with Warner going for the choice of using Batman like their main selling point like before.
>entire world and characters are based on Superman right now
>the meeting of Batman and Superman forms the Justice League
>the villain of which will most likely either be a villain from Krypton
It's funny that people are still going with the "DCCU = Batwank" thing when the first preview had Superman BTFO Batman in front of everyone and Snyder and Affleck have gone on record saying that Batman is the villain.
>>
>>78926063

>The "mythology" of doomsday

That phrase earned those fucking quotation marks.

There's no "mythology". He's a grey hulk mad science monster who is born to kill, and the fact they revealed this shit for BvS has killed any interest I had in the movie. He's the most uncreative, bland, punching bag smashydude ever created and the best thing ever done with him was the fake-out lobotomy by Lord Superman in 90's Justice League.
>>
>>78933466
Remember when Mr Freeze was a shitty Captain Cold rip-off until BTAS?
>>
>>78933466
>what is Hunter/Prey
>>
>>78933499

And then BTAS turned him into a shitty Cryonic Man ripoff.
>>
>>78933499
Are you equating the creative team on this movie to the BTAS team?
>>
>>78933538
Well they both hate Superman so why not
>>
>>78932950
his corpse got frankensteined
>>
>>78933414
Here's an informative article for you since apparently Google is too difficult for you to navigate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/06/07/man-of-steel-and-the-politics-of-box-office-expectations/#2715e4857a0b6137782025b9
>>
>>78933562
>gave Superman one of his best adaptations of all time and ran it for 4 seasons
>gave Superman the most badass moment in JLU when he died and lost his powers
>the entirety of Twilight of the Gods where Batman acts like an asshole and ends up being wrong at every turn
They don't hate Superman at all.
>>
>>78933499

I understand your analogy but I have absolutely no faith in the creative team behind the DC movies. Like, I didnt care much for MoS, but I was on board with this because of the Affleck crew, until that last trailer. It looked like the worst thing. But even that aside, They're CLEARLY not even attempting to use Doomsday as anything other than a hulkydude for Luthor to throw at the protagonists.

I really hope the movie turns out to be good, but I dont have much faith anymore.
>>
>>78933684
>They're CLEARLY not even attempting to use Doomsday as anything other than a hulkydude for Luthor to throw at the protagonists.
Have you read the article linked in the thread we're in right now
>>
I'm honestly curious about who the bigger bad is.
>>
>>78933665
He's not wrong though. Timm did say he didn't really care for Superman. The fact that they did such a good job despite that is to their credit.

>>78933729
I'm not >>78933684 but come on man. Just because someone says something's going to be deep and meaningful doesn't mean it is. Snyder knows what words to say for interviews to get asses in seats; the guy got his start doing commercials. He knows ad speak.

What do you really expect them to say in these interviews? That the movie's going to be a generic popcorn blockbuster?
>>
>>78933778
>Parademons in Batman's nightmare sequence.
...Really? You can't take a guess?

>it's too early for Darkseid!
Yeah and it's too early for Doomsday too.
Frankly it was too early for Zod, even.
>>
>>78933729
These articles are meaningless at this point

>What about Doomsday?
Oh yes, we'll make good use of his mythos

>What about WW?
Oh yes, great character, she's the highlight of the movie

>What about Luthor?
Oh yes, great character, he's an unexpected highlight of the movie

>What about JL cameos?
Oh yes, most fun part of the movie

And so on, they're just trying to sell you every single piece of this salad, not that it's inherently bad of course
>>
>>78933729

I did, and I call bullshit, because Snyder spouts that kind of trash before all his movies come out. It's a bunch of lofty statements about mythology and archetypes and the like. He said the same sort of things about MoS. Not the same words, but the same sort of vague, leading enigmatic statements while expressing the utmost love for everything the source material has to offer and then the movies just end up as big, dumb disappointments that look like they were edited by 5 different people who never talked to one another.
>>
>>78933778
hope it's Brainiac, given the fact that Doomsday's Kryptonian origins are going to be prominent in JL.
Who do you think they should get to play/voice him?
I always dreamed of getting one actor to play Vril Dox and he deteriorates into a DCAU/Earth One style Brainiac he goes full CG/Mocap and gets a different person as a VA by the end of the movie. Fred Tatasciore pls
>>78933797
Nobody's talking about deep meaning or anything, just that Doomsday isn't going to be a wall for just this movie (which his comments here straight up confirm).
>>
>>78933841
>Yeah and it's too early for Doomsday too

If anything it's too late for Doomsday. Doomsday is a villain that should be used early and gotten out of the way as quickly as possible because he's garbage.

Timm's Death and Return of Superman movie got it right. Superman kills Doomsday in the first fifteen minutes and the rest of the movie is dedicated to the actual plot.
>>
If it's not Lobo bursting through a wall on Lola and shredding a guitar while kicking Cavillman in the balls I don't think I have any interest.

The insinutation they're jumping right into New Gods content is fucking stupid, and a bad idea. Just let Kirby's shit rest, there's no good way to adapt it. Even TAS/JL's stuff was barebones.
>>
>>78926704
Batman movies do that too.
Superman just keeps reusing the same two, Luthor and Zod. Plus bad directing.
>>
>>78934034
>Batman movies do that too.
If you're talking about DK it's because they're spent and fulfill their purpose by bringing Bruce to a new psychological level
>Superman keeps reusing his arch nemesis
What a shame
>>
>>78934107

No he's talking about Batman movies

I think the only ones not to kill least one of the lead villains were 60s movie and Batman and Robin
>>
>>78934138
>No he's talking about Batman movies
Hahah epic!
>>
>>78934173

I didn't mean to meme, I was counting the DK trilogy as well
>>
>>78934107
>it's okay when dc does it
>>
this is the worst thread ive ever been in
>>
>>78931697

I honestly wanna see Snyder beating Whedon up.
>>
>>78933626
Gotta love that Genetic DRM course if we get into the history of races experimenting on kryptonians. Whole hordes of Doomsdays tearing down civilizations. Looking pretty much like Dragonball Z
>>
>>78927295
You're right anon, he's a force of nature.
>>
>>78936275
Snyder beating up Whedon and Wan kung fu'ing the rest
Capullo beating up >Bendis
>>
>>78926063
if they cared so much about doomsday, why'd they get his look literally entirely wrong and make him look like killer croc instead?
>>
>>78933145

This. I can't believe people shit on MoS so much when TDKR exists. That film shits on Batman way harder then MoS did Superman
>>
>>78928006
I remember Anons said doomsday was a clone of zod months ago. I guess a room full or random idiots can come with Hollywood Ideas like be name writers can now, How disappointing.
>>
>>78933273
>if Clark never landed on earth or activated the machine Zod and the invasion wouldn't be a thing on the first place

Yeah from Lex and Bruces point of view this is the case but if you paid any attention at al you know that Zod would land on Earth eventually and Codex or not he still would have Terraformed it as it was the only suitable world for a new Krypton
>>
>>78938164
>believing anything you read on 4chan
>>
>>78937949
he's in mid mutation or something so the talk goes
>>
>>78933466

>"Fakeout"

That was no fakeout. Justice Lord Superman did not fuck around. Unless his was retconned in some shit comic nobody read
>>
>>78928746
HELLO REDDIT
>>
>>78933841

>It's to early

This is literally only a problem when people are talking about DC. It's OK for Spider-Man to fight Green Goblin first, for Thor to fight Loki, Cap to fight Red Skull, the FF to fight Doom
>>
>>78938377
Probably because DC has more decent villains to choose from.
But also

It's too early for Doomsday because the only real point to Doomsday is that he kills Superman. But it's too soon to kill Superman; he hasn't even BEEN Superman for one full movie yet.

Also, in general Superman villains have the baggage of tending to be big world threatening threats. But then where do you go from there? You can't escalate that shit, (except maybe with Darkseid, a UNIVERSE threatening threat). Serials mandate escalation, It's a sad reality. So when you star with Zod and then go Luthor and Doomsday and then what, Darkseid? It severely lowers the odds of us ever getting Metallo or Parasite or anything but the same 4 villains again. Because those guys aren't as "big" as the A list bad guys, so why would the studios bother with them?

For whatever other issues it had (and it had a fair amount of them) the Nolan trilogy understood how to do sequel escalation right by not blowing their Joker load in the first movie.
>>
>>78938193
>know that Zod would land on Earth eventually
Maybe. See, even if you argue "He was checking all the colonies", there's no indication where Earth was on the list. It COULD have been the very next planet, yes. Or It COULD have been the 100th, which they wouldn't get around to in their lifespans, or with the resources they had. We don't know. What we do know is that because of the beacon they IMMEDIATELY go there.

> and Codex or not he still would have Terraformed it as it was the only suitable world for a new Krypton
...Again, MAYBE, but given how he viewed sexual procreation as an abomination, and given the characterization he had (that can be summed up as "Muh Krypton") there's just as many indicators that without the codex to do things the "Right" way he wouldn't bother. Because the entire point of terraforming is to bring Krypton back as is, right? How's he going to do that without a population?
>>
>>78932893
Whas't this from?
>>
>>78938615

No, there's no question that he would have terraformed Earth into Krypton. Even if there were no Kryptoninas to colonize it he would destroy the earth and everything on it just so the planet Krypton could live again
>>
>>78938615

Don't Kryptonians live longer than Humans?
>>
This basically confirms Kal leading Justice League, Zack's hard-on for Supes coupled with respect for canon, and this doomsday news. Guys it's pretty much official, how would Batman lead a team of gods that are facing things of Kryotonian nature while Supes is a side character? Yeaah no.

Needless to say, I'm now excited.
>>
>>78938778
Why is there no question? Because you said so?
This isn't a "why doesn't he terraform mars" qestion man. This is one of motivations; what's the point of a Krypton like planet with no actual kryptonian civilization on it?

>>78938808
Because of their powers. Which, is an interesting catch 22 actually. If he finds Earth but no Codex, he can either fuck off and keep looking for the Codex (which, given that he literally screams I WILL FIND HIM seems to be a bigger goal) or terraform Earth then and there. If he chooses the former. he's got until his ship runs out of fuel or he dies or starves. If he chooses the latter, it means Earth atmosphere or gravity or anything to give him powers and immortality, which means he's limited to his normal, non extended lifespan. So Krypton gets to die all over again when Zod and his men die of old age!
>>
If Brainiac shows up and doesn't have the DCAU voice, this series is dead to me.
>>
>>78939026

>Because I said so

Because Zod is a lunatic obsessed with the preservation of krypton and Kryptonians. The point of Krypton existing for Zod is the simple fact that Krypton will exist!
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 256x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 256x312
>>78926063
I hope this just means Brainiac will be linked to Doomsday's creation and he'll be the main villain of JL.
>>
Desaad is in Batman v Superman, disguised as a government official, and is the one that turns Zod and genesis chamber over to Lex. Wonder Woman is hunting down Desaad, not on a crusade to help metahumans like the rumored script states. Desaad encourages creating Doomsday to replace Parademons in Darkseid's army, thus making the way for Darkseid. Darkseid is an New God. Gods will be a major thing in the DCEU. This is why Wonder Woman comes out before Justice League. Darkseid is coming to Earth to kill the Olympians. All life comes from Godwave so what Darkseid seeks, the Anti-Life Equation, comes from killing gods. Atlanteans are sons of Poseidon. Aquaman is a god. Wonder Woman is daughter of Zeus. Wonder Woman is literally the key to all of this and a God. Darkseid might appear in BvS, but will be shown in Wonder Woman film for the first time. Brainiac works for Darkseid, and destroyed Krypton on his orders. Krypton was destroyed because their Genesis Chamber had godwave energy in them that Darkseid wanted. Superman being the embodiment of the codex so he's pretty much a God. Speed Force taps into the Godwave so Flash is a God too. Cyborg probably gets built with godlike stuff and Oa and Green Lantern is definitely all god energy. So everything is Gods Among Us. Except Batman
>>
>>78939430
So wait, DCEU is
>WE FIFTH WORLD NOW

Because if you made that up thats a fuckimg awesome idea.
>>
>>78939148
>Because Zod is a lunatic obsessed with the preservation of krypton and Kryptonians
How will there be Kryptonians past Zod and his crew without the Codex?

Anon, you can't use my argument to refute my argument.
>>
Honestly all that matters is the general audience reception, comic book nerds who bitch on the internet are like one percent who account for these films.

Also long as it's entertaining and it's halfway decent the movie should do well. Not one comic book film that comes out and does well is because of comic book accuracy. Word of mouth will be the selling factor.
>>
>>78926063
>anytime Zack Snyder speaks it causes /co/ to absolutely lose its mind with rage

this board is pathetic
>>
>>78939550
That's copypasta from a few months ago.
>>
>>78939770
Fuck, its certainly an onteresting bit of pasta then
>>
>>78939600

There can't but that doesn't matter. "Hey Zod we can terraform this planet into a new Krypton so that even though we will die a part of our culture and being will live on" "Nah fuck it lets just go die in space"
>>
>>78938193
We can't be sure zod was going find earth. According to him he was pretty much lost until clark sended the sos message
>>
>>78939687
Don't want to sound like /tv/ but I heard audible groans from the audience after there were three trailers for super hero movies in a row before Star Wars. General Audiences are getting tired of these. If BvSM flops I think its over.
>>
>Go to watch SW TFA
>BvS trailer plays
>People go ''ooh'' at everything
>MMMM BOYS!
>dead silence
>Wonder Woman shows up
>People go ''Woah''
Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 26
Thread DB ID: 404128



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.