[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about "Kirikou and the Sorceress"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: Karaba.jpg (257KB, 663x454px) Image search: [Google]
Karaba.jpg
257KB, 663x454px
Can we have a thread about "Kirikou and the Sorceress" and its sequels?
I saw the first movie and it was great. It's too bad the (not for sexual) nudity will probably scare a lot of people off. I imagine posting screencaps would be out of the question.
>>
>>78926025
>Can we have a thread about "Kirikou and the Sorceress" and its sequels?
No, because I've never heard of that, and you're a faggot for making aware of its existence for the short amount of time I'll retain that information. So fuck you, fuck your obscure garbage, and jump off a cliff.
>>
>>78926025
looks intrestin, post more

>>78926081
Autism
>>
>>78926025
I saw it at the cinema when I was at collage. I was slightly stoned and thought it was totally awesome and something that could actually be great to show at kids.

There was fantasy, but everything was presented in a very realistic and pedagogical way.
>>
>>78926025
I didn't see the sequel either, but yeah, the first one was great.

I would post a gif, but literally all the good ones are american-NSFW
>>
>>78926358
Hipster.
>>
>>78926025
Guy every french you ask will sing the song of Kirikou! It might be obscure outside but here it's more famous than the Simpsons! I remember seeing it at the end of primary school in theater, it was awesome for what i remember!
>>
It can be watched here:
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Kirikou-and-the-Sorceress/Movie?id=62983

>>78926081
You won't forget it after watching it.
>>
>>78926025
there was a sequel?
>>
>>78926913
>You won't forget it after watching it.
That would imply that I'd ever watch this filthy hipster trash. You're quite mistaken if you think that'll ever happen.
>>
Seen it at the cinema, a while ago. Kirikou is a little mary sue but that's mythology for you
>>
>>78927129
Your loss.

Also, cool off and take a nap you hothead.
>>
>>78926939
Two (though they take place between the events of first one), "Kirikou and the Wild Beasts" from 2005 and "Kirikou and the Men and Women" from 2012.
>>
File: 1409150742367.jpg (17KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1409150742367.jpg
17KB, 240x320px
>>78928354
>(though they take place between the events of first one)
>midquels
Holy shit, as if this hipster trash couldn't get any worse...
>>
>>78926516
and?
>>
>>78927129
You know you want to.
>>
>>78928897
shit your pathetic, do you have a social life or anything?
>>
File: kirikou-1.jpg (192KB, 1048x590px) Image search: [Google]
kirikou-1.jpg
192KB, 1048x590px
The mild nudity in this isn't really NSFW. It should be fine to post.
>>
>>78928897
Going out of your way to read/watch obscure media makes you a pathetic waste of oxygen

so what you're a normie? fukin kill yerself.
>>
>>78926025
Saw it one time, I remember it was comfy.
>>
>>78926659
I was wondering why it was on Les Kassos, I didn't realize it was some big thing in France, because it sure as hell wasn't here. That'd explain it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb63V8vTrZI
>>
Had to watch it at least three times throughout high school for french class.
In French with subtitles, obviously. It's alright.
>>
>>78929997
Same here. French class.

African folklore is fucking boring though. I guess there could be a way to make it cool, but it felt really unimaginative and genuinely a story ignorant tribesmen who have never read a book would invent.

They should have spiced it up somehow.

the animation style was unique but not enough.

I bought a book of African fairytales, and learned other at school, but they are so fucking basic every time.

You can't just change medium, take a story made for literally illiterate children, animate it and call it a day, for an educated audience.

Unless the purpose is merely teaching African folklore (then I guess it's ok) you have to make the story fit for a cartoon to make it entertaining. And this one was barely ok for that.

It did look nice enough.
>>
>>78930274
Greek folklore is worse

It's basically just Zeus raping random women who then give birth to something horrible and then the woman gets blamed for it for some reason? Fucking trash yet everyone loves it.

Indian and Norse mythology has more violence and destruction, Egyptian mythology has more weird sex stiff
>>
>>78930380
Give it a rest kid.
>>
>>78926659
I'm happy to hear that.
Even though I only watched the movie once I still find myself humming the tribe songs from time to time.
>>
>>78929244

my french teacher, being the based thing she was, let us watch Kirikou or Triplets of Bellville near christmas and such

nothing sexual about the nudity in Kirikou
>>
>>78930416
>It's basically just Zeus raping random women who then give birth to something horrible

Sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>78930274
>African folklore is fucking boring though
Not more boring or fucked up than most folklore. It feel outdated because it is old.
>>
>>78930483
Not the anon you are talking to, but in no way did he imply any of that, and
>>78930380
taking Fench class does not make one an hipster you know.
>>
>>78930619
Give him a break, he probably dropped out of school.
>>
File: hmpf.jpg (42KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
hmpf.jpg
42KB, 287x287px
>>78930416
>It's basically just Zeus raping random women who then give birth to something horrible and then the woman gets blamed for it for some reason? Fucking trash yet everyone loves it.
you shouldn't talk about things you don't know
>>
>>78930380
I had to to do it until I could drop it at GCSE level.
>>
>>78928897
>Obscure
There are countries other than America anon
That said mediocre movie.
>>
>>78930274
I was lurking in an African mythology thread in /tg/, and it seemed kinda neat to me. One thing I thought was interesting was that African mythology doesn't really have an Excalibur or a Kusanagi - if a monster's really powerful, it just takes several hundred every-day swords to kill it, because every single one of those swords will break until you get to, say, sword #800. THEN that fucker's going down. Sure, you could make a super-powerful sword, but odds are Anansi will steal it for the lolz, because that's what he's like.

I dunno, just seems like a neat twist on that sort of thing.
>>
>>78930660
I've read loads of books about Greek Mythology since I was a child, basically everything that happens is zeus' fault and its boring as shit after a while
>>
>>78926025
fuck I remember this shit. that sorceress had like needles up in her ass and she was a bitch cause of it. wasn't there one where kirikou had like, a chipmunk friend or some shit?
>>
>>78930380
it's the third or fourth most known language in the world fool, shit couldn't GET more mainstream.
>>
>>78931110
>persephone's story is boring
>dyonisus is boring
>Aphrodite Hephaestus nd Ares shenanigans are boring
pleb pls
>>
>>78931189
The movie is popular in those other countries, and many or most of the people in this thread probably aren't American.
>>
>>78930514
it has an english translation m8, waht crawled up your ass?
>>
>>78930660
nigga you even READ Oedipus?
>>
File: gold nose.jpg (96KB, 1030x633px) Image search: [Google]
gold nose.jpg
96KB, 1030x633px
I love the witch's servants, and how their animation is intentionaly "limited" to make them seem otherwordly and "wrong".
My favourite was the one that tracked gold with its nose made of gold.
>>
You should stop paying the "hipster guy" more attention. He started by being simply retarded but since the moment he realized how much of an idiot he sounds like, he started pretending to be just a troll.
>>
>>78931650
Well I don't know that many people of my age (18-25) and their parents who haven't seen it.

Source: I'm french, faggot
>>
>>78932044
Stop taking bait, moron.
>>
>>78932044
>>78932102
sums it up
>>
>>78929244
Wife left me and called the cops, thanks for nothing anon.
>>
>>78926025
I think I've only seen the first... Why don't you put together a mega with all of them?
>>
>>78926025
First that I have heard of them.

What nation is it from ?

Is it folklore based?
>>
>>78933824
Hey does any-one have a link for Journey to Magica?
>>
>>78926025
Seems pretty cool, I've always had a mild interest in cultures so different than our own (as long as they aren't shoved in my face and told they are SO GREAT) is there anywhere to watch these online?
>>
I thought it was an interesting movie. Definitely different from what I'm used to.
>>
oh ho ho this might be good
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.