[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR To Focus On "Secondary Characters"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: Doctor Strange.jpg (121KB, 750x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange.jpg
121KB, 750x1013px
>JOE RUSSO: "Everything is finite, right? Nothing can last forever. It's cyclical. Some New Avengers in Phase 4 are going to become prominent and then maybe some Avengers might not be around anymore. So, we'll see how all this plays out but you have to treat every character with respect. I think it's interesting that if you've seen four or five movies with the lead character having an arc, I want to see some storytelling from some of the secondary characters. We're focusing on that right now with INFINITY WAR while we're breaking into those movies, asking which characters can we pull to the forefront who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc to this point. I think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=129888

Which lines up with previous rumors the first movie would focus on a ragtag team led by Doctor Strange.
>>
File: 1450019558129.png (56KB, 149x157px) Image search: [Google]
1450019558129.png
56KB, 149x157px
>this will lead to casuals bitching about 'not muh Avengers'
>>
Dr Strange
Spider-Man
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
>>
It would be nice for some of the other characters to get the spotlight after years of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor pretty much taking up most of the MCU spotlight, I think a ragtag team lead by Strange would be kickass
>>
>Bender Cummingherhatch as Dr. Strange

He doesn't look that bad.
>>
>>78924522
This and add Scarlet Witch too.

I for one welcome our new Avengers overlords. Cap is my favorite character, but I want to see others get the spotlight too. Also, I'm tired of Iron Man and Thor hasn't impressed me yet. Black Widow and Hawkeye already overstayed their welcome.
>>
File: 1440785222871.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1440785222871.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
>steve will get his shit fucked up in cw
>no more fightan for me son
>gives shield to winged nigger
>ANAL Avengers cumfirmed!
>>
>>78924356
Dr. Strange might feature the Darkforce in some fashion as well. This is from a recent cbr article:

>When asked if Isodyne Energy is connected to the Darkforce, Fazekas answered affirmatively. "Basically, Isodyne is a company that we invented based in part on real life companies like Radiodyne or General Atomic or the beginnings of the Jet Propulsion Lab -- all of which were in L.A. in the '40s, and were developing the space program and were developing nukes," explained Fazekas. "That's what Isodyne is, and what you'll learn is they were involved in the nuclear testing out in the desert when they were testing the, at the time they were calling it the atom bomb -- and one of these tests didn't go as expected. You'll learn more about that in Season 2, but they stumble upon what people in the Marvel Universe will know as Darkforce, but because they've never seen it before they just name it Zero Matter. That's our tie-in to the 'Doctor Strange' universe, and also to 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' because you've seen it in 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' as well."
>>
>>78924610
>implying

Steve will die at the end of CW, Bucky and Falcon'll split the CA mantle for everything up to and including IW Part 1.
Come part 1s end someone'll magic Steve back to life and we'll have Steve with Mjolnir and Tony with the Infinity Gauntlet fighting Thanos by the end of Part 2.
>>
Don't fool yourselves, Black Widow and Hawkeye will be there too.
>>
>>78924676
thats actually pretty good
>>
It's too bad the likes of Iron Fist probably won't take their roles as New Avengers and will probably stay confined to Netflix.
>>
>>78924676
Bucky will replace Steve, Sam will continue just being the Falcon.
>>
>>78924706
Nah, both Scarjo and Renner seem to be done with their parts. They'll leave along with the others.

Even now people make fun of them for being useless, imagine how they'll be with heavy hitters like Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel. They have no place on the team anymore.
>>
>>78924522
>tfw literally whos will attract more moviegoers than Justice Leagues A-lister
>>
>>78924522
I'm cool with that
>>
inb4 doomwanking
how would you guys react if MCU introduce Dr Doom?
>>
Some more stuff about Infinity War.

>“The stakes of both Civil War and the Avengers: Infinity War movies are gonna be very high, and there will be a price to pay for the characters,” Joe Russo said. “And that’s the whole point of cumulative storytelling. We’re going to go on emotional journeys with these characters. We’ve got a lot invested in the emotion. We have a responsibility to be mindful of how these people feel about the characters and, at the same time, we also have a responsibility to carry through on the storytelling. As filmmakers, we believe in stakes. You can’t have good storytelling without strong stakes. So, there will be a price to pay, there will be a price to pay in Civil War. There will be characters who suffer in that movie, and he will come out of that movie and never be the same. And in Infinity War the stakes will be raised to a whole new level. People should expect to be shocked when they see those movies.”
>>
File: 1380893779393.png (134KB, 660x738px) Image search: [Google]
1380893779393.png
134KB, 660x738px
>>78924356
So Thanos BTFO's the jobbers and then the "real" avengers save the day in part 2.
>>
>>78924792
Natasha getting HULKED camfirmed
>>
>>78924756
just like the avengers and guardians of the galaxy.But i think if DC doesnt fail Wondie/Aquaman it will be all good for them.
>>
>>78924829
hulk gonna buttfuck her right in the pussy
>>
>>78924812
What, you want Black Widow to give the killing blow to Thanos?

It makes sense that the strongest Avengers will be the ones to deal the important damage.
>>
>>78924676
>Tony with the Infinity Gauntlet
Great. More Tony dicksucking.
>>
>>78924753
They're all confirmed for "Infinity War". I don't doubt they'll leave afterwards, but they'll be there, and they're still considered B-list Avengers.
>>
>>78924858
It should be the end of the Tony dicksucking considering IW seems to be the ending point for most of the Phase 1 actors/characters. Which means you just know something like thats going to happen
>>
File: OLD MEN.png (655KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
OLD MEN.png
655KB, 740x720px
>>78924850
>>
>>78924522
>>78924600
What about Vision?
>>
File: 1092254-1263403706.jpg (207KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1092254-1263403706.jpg
207KB, 900x1367px
>>78924436
We never got the pic related line up in the first place

So it never was.
>>
>>78924854
I want a scene like this with Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel and Thor.

All 4 flying and blasting Thanos after the others get BTFO.
>>
>>78924917
I want to ____ Vision's wife
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>78924932
Forgot pic.
>>
>>78924790
Laugh at Americans for gloryfying gypsies and Slav Jews like magneto
>>
>>78924843
I doubt they will, but I also doubt they'll be barn-busters. The ones with real potential are the Flash and Shazam.
>>
The other franchises are reaching the third movie so they need to start making movies for other characters, Infinity War will help establish the other characters to the public so they can make their solo movies after that
>>
What's with all the IW news?

It doesn't come out for another few years
>>
>>78924944
>How the avengers should have ended
>>
>>78924589
>Cummingherhatch
>not Cuminhersnatch
>>
>>78925021
Russos were at some convention and took questions from the audience, naturally some people asked about Infinity War.
>>
>>78924756
>literally whos
>FUCKING SPIDER-MAN

yeah ok
>>
>>78924356
Strange looks like its going to be disaster Harry potter fantastic beast tier shit.

Knowing they will dial the magic down in favor of a bond tier gov/military espionage film

Which is what this entire franchise is all about.
>>
>>78924522
I'm not watching this without evans.

That line up is full of meme tier actors

I'm so fucking sick of spiderman and his bullshit teenage tantrum
>>
>>78925123
>Knowing they will dial the magic down in favor of a bond tier gov/military espionage film

Literally incorrect.
>>
>>78924951
Do Russians count as Slavs?
>>
File: dX2fCus.jpg (221KB, 492x972px) Image search: [Google]
dX2fCus.jpg
221KB, 492x972px
>>78924676
>>78924858
>Tony combines Nova Corp tech with Gauntlet/gems to create Infinity Armor
>>
>>78925174
>meme

This word has lost all meaning. For all purposes, Evans might as well be a "meme actor" too.
>>
>>78925174
>Evans
>star of High School meme movie and was in Scott Pilgrim
>not a meme actor
>>
>think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers.

Doesn't mean we won't get the current 'primary avengers'. Team will obviously change with all these new characters we are about to get.
Lead roles:
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Dr Strange
>Captain Marvel (when she joins)
>Scarlet Witch
>Black Panther
>Captain America (Bucky?)
>Spider-Man
the rest:
>Ant-Man
>Wasp
>Hulk
>Falcon
>War Machine
>Widow
>Hawkeye
>>
So, 67 characters huh?
I tried listing characters that might appear. I got exactly 67 by coincidence, but some of these are probably not going to appear (like Betty Ross, Dave and Kurt, etc.). And a few more from the upcoming movies will probably appear. So what will be the full list?
>Tony Stark
>Rhodey
>Pepper Potts
>Happy Hogan
>Nick Fury
>Bruce Banner
>Betty Ross
>Thunderbolt Ross
>Natasha Romanoff
>Thor
>Jane Foster
>Loki
>Odin
>Selvig
>Darcy Lewis
>Heimdall
>Vollstag
>Hogun
>Fandral
>Sif
>Clint Barton
>Steve Rogers
>Bucky
>Maria Hill
>Thanos
>Collector
>Sam Wilson
>Sharon Carter
>Wanda Maximoff
>Peter Quill
>Gamora
>Drax
>Groot
>Rocket
>Yondu
>Nebula
>Rhomann Dey
>Irani Rael
>Vision
>Laura Barton
>Helen Cho
>Scott Lang
>Hank Pym
>Hope Pym
>Luis
>Dave
>Kurt
>T’Challa
>Peter Parker
>Zemo
>Aunt May
>Martin Freeman
>Stephen Strange
>Linda Carter
>Doctor Strange villain
>Mantis
>Peter Quill’s father
>Adam Warlock/Magus
>Carol Danvers
>Black Bolt
>Medusa
>Crystal
>Gorgon
>Karnak
>Triton
>Lockjaw
>Stan Lee
>>
>>78924356
Does this mean that Vision could possibly play a role similar to Silver Surfer/Adam Warlock???
>>
>>78925647
They have 67 characters to choose from, they're not using 67 characters. Plus 67 characters is a random made-up number anyway.

This is almost as bad as that time /co/ didn't get a simple joke and insisted the Punisher was in TWS.
>>
>>78925701
But who do you think will and won't appear?
>>
File: le nova face.png (184KB, 222x352px) Image search: [Google]
le nova face.png
184KB, 222x352px
>>78925219
>Nova Corp
>>
>>78924522
Who's the iron man/main character equivalent among them
>>
>>78925828
Dr Strange is the Iron Man with Spider-Man as the rising star
>>
Is there still no chance/little chance of Netflix/AoS getting in? Even if it was a small cameo or a really quick line to explain who they were, it would make me happy.
>>
>>78924926
that's the joke
>>
>>78928145
Netflix, yes.

ABC, no.
>>
>>78924635
Magic confirmed BTFO

Enjoy your Totally Not Doctor Who
>>
>>78928145
I don't think so anon
>>
>>78925828
I think they straight up said they want Strange to be their new Iron Man since RDJ is leaving.

Which makes sense since they got Cucumber to play him and his hoard of teenage girls will follow him anywhere.
>>
>>78924917

I bet Thanos will kill him buy pulling the Mind Gem out of his head.
>>
>>78924635
Cloak confirmed as another disciple of the Ancient One?

There was some black dude on the set of Strange people were claiming was Mordo.
>>
>>78928794
It was Chiwetel Ejiofor. He is confirmed by both Marvel and himself to be playing Mordo.
>>
Part 1 will end with Avengers dying. Part 2 will be the rest stepping up right? I could even see Lady Death briefly bringing them back for the final battle
>>
>>78924522
I'm sold. Add Wanda for icing on the cake.
>>
>we want the Legends of Tomorrow audience!
>>
ITT casuals dont know Strange is the one who gathers the heroes in Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>78925896
>>78925828
>Dr Strange might be the face of Marvel
I'm ok with this.
>>
>>78928145
>Netflix
I hope
>Agents of Shit
Please no.
>>
>>78924356
I assume the GotG won't jump in until IW Part 2. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the post-credits scene to Part 1
>>
>>78924522
This is a good line-up, but I reeeally want Bucky as Cap also. Strange can still be team leader, but there must always be a Captain.
>>
>>78930519
No, Warlock does. Strange is just the taxi service.
>>
>Nearing the end of Infinity War part 2
>Heroes have stolen the gauntlet with the gems and need to get it to the reactor of Thanos' ship or something, toss it in and destroy it
>Steve is the only one that can wear it but it is boarderline killing/possessing him. Anyone else would have already been consumed with power.
>Steve collapses with the reactor less than a hundred meters out, as the entire ship is falling apart
>Bucky grabs him
>I can't carry the gauntlet Steve, BUT I CAN CARRY YOU
>>
>Over 4 hours of IW with a huge cast and story

How the fuck are they going to do it?
>>
>>78931669
I don't know but until the bubble burst and the dying capes make a last try with a DC-Marvel crossover film this will be the pinnacle of capes. I'm so hyped for this.
>>
>>78931233
Well that's not fair either. They both play a key role in assembling the crew together.

>>78931476
I cried
>>
>>78924356
So the rumor that Cap dies, Tony retires, Thor and Hulk are stuck off planet after Civil War is true. That would put them out of action for the first one, the team gets their ass kicked by Thanos, original team comes back to save the day.
>>
>>78924356
I hope the eye of agamotto is not an infinity gem. That would kind of suck the lore.
>>
Tony either dies or retires
Cap dies or is sent back in time to be with Bucky forever
Hulk and Widow fuck off
Thor fucks off
Hawkeye might stick around just to save face

Captain Marvel is the leader
Black Panther is the money man
Spider-Man is the bruiser
Ant-Man is the comedien
Wasp is the girl
Falcon gets the shield and is new Captain
Doctor Strange is the weirdo who comes when needed

Id watch it senpai
>>
>>78924356
Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch team-up is going to be cool. She's one of the few people who calls him Stephen and dem magic combos, man.
>>
>>78931669
maybe like the comic that already did it and laid a blueprint to follow since this isn't an original baseless story? Fucking movie casuals, I swear. most characters dont even speak, its not difficult to just have a main cast and have other established people appearing.
>>
>>78931755
I really have a feeling it is. Personally I think its a bad idea to try and shoehorn the remaining gems in the movies between now and then. I mean, can't Thanos already have one or two? I refuse to believe he's let Loki borrow one if it was the only one he had.
>>
>>78931756
What about Wanda?
>>
As long as Infinity War Part 2 is a clusterfuck of every hero ever coming out to fight Thanos then I don't care what happens before that. I want to see Daredevil throwing sticks at him and everything.
>>
>>78933766
>As long as Infinity War Part 2 is a clusterfuck of every hero ever coming out to fight Thanos
This so much. This is literally the only thing I want from the movies. The entire MCU in the same place at the same time battling the bad guys.

>they do that scene in Avengers where they are in a circle and the camera pass through all of them but now with the entire MCU
My dick would explode in the cinema.
>>
>>78931756
>Leaving out Wanda, Vision, Rhodey, and Bucky
>Spidey not being the comedian
>>
>>78933846
>entire MCU
>the finale is literally 30 minutes long only because it features a 20 minute montage of every single character and what they're doing at that moment.
>>
>>78931756
Imagine SDCC for the IW and JL movies
>The Seven + whoever (like BC and I assume GA) all on stage for WB
>The clusterfuck of people on Marvel's side
I assume we'll get a Carol announcement then if not before July.

>>78931809
If Wanda actually does magic CQC in Civil War since she's been training with Steve, I'm going to be so hype. I'm really hoping that when she leaves in CW, she goes straight to Strange.
>>
Will the Sokovian crater become know as "Wundagore"?
>>
>>78931756
this sounds so horrible
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.