[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/, I could use some help with the new comic I'm writing/lettering.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: rsz_page_1-min.jpg (2MB, 783x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_page_1-min.jpg
2MB, 783x1024px
Hey /co/, I could use some help with the new comic I'm writing/lettering. I don't have a lot of experience with lettering, so your honest opinions could really help. I've got three different styles of lettering I'm considering, can you tell me what you think looks and flows the best? You can disregard the discrepancies in the actual writing, I will be sticking with something similar to the third page's writing.

We can also turn this into /co/ creator thread if yall want to.
>>
File: rsz_page_1_-_white-min.jpg (592KB, 783x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_page_1_-_white-min.jpg
592KB, 783x1024px
(2/3)
>>
File: rsz_page_1new.jpg (1MB, 783x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_page_1new.jpg
1MB, 783x1024px
(3/3)
>>
They all look good but you might want to consider making character dialog and narration boxes separate color schemes.
>>
>>78921421
I'll definitely give that a shot.
>>
>>78921569

i like three, and the art is fucking awesome...got any more pages? storytime???
>>
>>78921205
Usually white on black hurts my eyes but with this font, I prefer it over the white font backgrounds.
>>
>>78921194

Imo I like how clean this is. What font are you using?
>>
Seems a tad on the edgy side but I'd be willing to look past that due to this awesome artwork.
>>
here is a pdf>jpg cbr of "The Whale Song" I snagged from his site. SickJoe (art) is based as fuck i can't wait to see what he and ferretts do in the future...

>>The Whale Song (Ferretti/SickJoe) (Digital) (2015).cbr
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/1lI0RPdn/file.html
>>
White text on black definitely suits the colour palette more, and the rounded boxes are nicer than the regular ones. I would say go with version one, but put the captions in the second panel into boxes like the rest of the panels.
>>
>>78924023
i was this way at first BUT i like the square boxes for the narration and the circle ones for dialogue, then i began to dislike the rounded corners on the rectangles

i also kinda like minimalistic decoration of rectangles as seen here in Alan Moore's Another Suburban Romance (2014)
>>
also white with black text rectangles on B&W pages is based as fuck
>>
1 or 3
>>
File: 006.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
for me, I still prefer hand lettering
>>
File: Untitledd.png (250KB, 373x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledd.png
250KB, 373x392px
op is kill.

what if something like this? rounded corners on the interior edges (the first box is re-positioned so i couldn't round the edge that hits his face, it was moved in example 3 tho)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.