[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invincible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

So /co/, I'm reading Invincible. Anyone else into it? Loving it so far.
>>
>>78915092
So... have you gotten to, um... "that part" yet?
>>
its freaking amazing
>>
It all goes downhill after the Viltrumite War. And then even more downhill after... the other thing. And Mark's been insufferable for a while. I've given up on it, but it used to be one of my favorites.
>>
I just caught up with Invincible 127. The story arc had so much potential then it just turned to shit so fast and went nowhere.
>>
>>78919277
err 126
>>
>>78915092
You can stop reading after the Viltrumite War, just skim through the art for the blood and gore.
>>
It was fun ride, /co/ loves to hate everything after a certain point.
Its like when a band puts out a new album and everyone says its shit but in 10 years the album is considered good and the bands current work is shit. Its cool to hate whats new and like whats old.
They newer issues are fine.
>>
>>78915092
read a better book
>>
>>78919434
>le /co/ hates everything meme

Can't you consider a possibility that maybe it's actually gotten worse over time? Retard.
>>
I don't know how far behind I am, but I really enjoy the characters evolution. I am actually pretty happy the family/off planet ark exist. Especially considering Mark's behavior an inability to handle his own problems. I am exciting for potential to come largely.
>>
Rex did nothing wrong!
>>
>>78915092
>>78919317

Listen to what this anon says OP after the War arc the book jumps the shark into fucking crazy pants town
>>
>>78915092
I used to like it, but as others have pointed out, it goes downhill after... certain events. Whereby it suddenly becomes all edgy and pointlessly gore heavy for no goddamn reason.
>>
What the fuck was the deal with those recent issues retconing the beginning or something like that? I just dropped it once I saw what they were doing. Can anyone that read them explain what the purpose was for that? Or what changes they made to the original story?
>>
>>78921722
It's probably just a vision, dream, or simulation. It's only slated to last 3 issues and I doubt it changes anything other then Mark's perceptions.
>>
I've been playing catch up in my spare time. I think I'm at 94 and it seems like the story's going nowhere now
>>
>>78921768
Last thing I saw was Nolan locked up and apologizing. Was that the end of #1 or #2?

With the way the series has been spinning its wheels, I'm genuinely curious to see what they do with this.
>>
>>78921722
It was a short arc, in the end the alien tentacles revealed themselves to Mark congratulating him for having saved millions of lives by changing history, then Mark asks them to take him back to his original future because he's depressed about having lost his daughter. The aliens, confused about how their selfless chosen one would doom millions just for his wife and kid, beg him to reconsider but he says no and they call him a piece of shit and send him back to the present. Unfortunately there was a bit of a missfire like it happens with timetravel and he landed 2 years after he originally departed to the past and now has a 2 year old daughter. Eve surprisingly hasn't gotten fat again in those 2 years.
>>
I finished it on Sunday. I enjoyed it, but it does seem like Kirkman is just spinning his wheels and just carrying the book on for the sake of it. I think if he just needs to think of a decent storyline for Mark.

Bulletproof is a punk bitch too.
>>
>>78919515
I can consider it. It is a possibility. I don't believe it's the case. I believe /co/ is just shitting on everything like they love to do.
>>
>>78915092
I finished both compendiums recently and am holding out hope that it doesn't get as bad as people say it does
[Spoiler] yes I know about the rape scene [/spoiler]
>>
>>78924130
That's the thing though anon, most of /co/ doesn't like it, but you may enjoy it.
>>
>>78924009
You can always read and see it yourself.
>>
Why is there such a long break until the next issue? Why can't any Image comic stay consistent?
>>
>>78924609
I have and i enjoy it, that's why im making this claim, and telling OP not to believe all the shitposting.
>>
File: yolocaust.jpg (21KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
yolocaust.jpg
21KB, 403x403px
>>78926023
shitpost for lyfe
>>
>>78924300
>most of /co/ doesn't like it
I'd say the general consensus is disappointment and ambivalence, not outright dislike.

Early Invincible is top tier stuff, it's only after 100 issues that it's taken a bit of a drop, and even then it's still not bad.
>>
Anissa did nothing wrong
>>
>>78916375
i was on the same camp for a while but the recent event actually got me back, and for one i actually liked the ending of the "reboot"
>>
>>78923459
> he landed 2 years after he originally departed to the past and now has a 2 year old daughter. Eve surprisingly hasn't gotten fat again in those 2 years.

man, Kirkman has the shittiest time jumps imaginable to write around Eve's pregnancy and raising their infant
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.