[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain why the designers like the emblem projection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: stiupid prejusrecitonasdf;ljkea.png (2MB, 1053x808px) Image search: [Google]
stiupid prejusrecitonasdf;ljkea.png
2MB, 1053x808px
Can anyone explain why the designers like the emblem projection thing? I think it looks tacky as fuck and honestly It doesn't even make sense. Illuminated icon is much nicer when its still on the character's chest.

I mean look at kilowog's ring. It has a fucking projection and it looks retarded.
>>
>>78910624
I like it.
>>
>>78910624
Why do they have different logos? They're a corps.
>>
>>78912245
Kyle's logo is his Torchbearer emblem.
>>
>>78912269
Sure, but John and Hal's are different from each other's as well.
>>
>>78912245
They get to design their own uniforms
>>
>>78912737
I like the logo to at least be the same. There needs to be something people can recognize them by no matter where they go.
>>
>>78910624
EVS said he did it as a sort of floating badge on them. Made the black parts of the costume absolute black with no detail because he saw them as completely devoid of color or light.
>>
>>78912245
everyone is a beautiful special snowflake, you shitlord.

especially in something as gay as the green lantern corps.
>>
>>78910624

Because they're space cops, it's their badge. It was a neat idea but didn't really get much traction.
>>
>>78914952
What would a species that can't comprehend the color green think of the Corp? Wouldn't people wonder too why they're called Green Lanterns when they carry around rings, not lanterns. And how the hell is a planet a Green Lantern, don't you need to have fingers to wear a ring? And what about the squirrel or fly GL, they have greater willpower than like a child soldier? And did the rings some how make them sentient?
>>
>>78915031
>What would a species that can't comprehend the color green think of the Corp?
Look up Rot Lop Fan

>And how the hell is a planet a Green Lantern, don't you need to have fingers to wear a ring?
He keeps it in a branch. Or deep inside his core >And what about the squirrel or fly GL, they have greater willpower than like a child soldier? And did the rings some how make them sentient?
They're aliens, they were already sentient

There is also a sentient math equation GL
>>
>>78915089
Rot Lop Fan, That's cool. And I guess the branch or core thing could work. But the other stuff makes no sense. A math equation as a living entity? So does that mean Mogo is a Planet elemental like from Swamp Thing?
>>
it has to do with rank doesnt it? honorguards have the chest illuminated right? and everyone else is just the ring?
>>
>>78914792
what does that really mean though
>>
>>78915741
Nope, pretty sure during Johns era everyone had a light up logo

Nobody in the OP pic is honor guard, Guy and Kyle didn't get that position until later, Hal turned it down when offered in the past
>>
>>78915793
oh ok. i thought only honor guards had the 3d projections logo but im drunk so i admit im wrong. but for some reaeson i yhoight thtat,
>>
>>78912879
>There needs to be something people can recognize them by no matter where they go.

You mean besides the color green, the ring and the fact that they can make constructs?
>>
>>78915875
Some people/aliens are colorblind. Evil Star can make energy constructs.

It's supposed to be like their badge. Soldiers don't make up new logos or their own version of their flag.
>>
>>78916032
These ones do. The whole "projecting hard light" thing is a pretty good identifier even if you slightly change the logo around.

Really, though, blame Kyle and his Mary Sue bullshit. He got his own logo because he was the MOST SPESHUL and that opened the floodgates.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.