[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of the day, is Spider-man so popular among all comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: piderman.png (397KB, 512x728px) Image search: [Google]
piderman.png
397KB, 512x728px
At the end of the day, is Spider-man so popular among all comic superheroes because his design is so simple and memorable?
>>
>>78902583

60's cartoon theme song helped a lot too I think.
>>
>>78902583
The comic book roped in fans with Peter's literal autism. The cartoons grabbed the kiddies when they were young. Nostalgia did the rest.
>>
He's an average everyday guy who has the best moral guideline that has ever been written.

So basically he's the ultimate role model.
>>
In addition to his good costume design, I think he strikes the best balance between being normal and being super. Thanks to that he's just much more relatable than the others.

Like, on one end of the super hero spectrum, you have basically hyper-competent, yet otherwise normal people, like Batman. The other end has people like Superman who are retardedly OP and are essentially mary sues. Peter falls nicely in the middle.
>>
>>78902583
Best villains and powerset. He's a street level hero that can mix in with Avenger level threats. He doesn't have to stop robberirs, yet he does cause he's the hero everyone can aspire to be
>>
>>78902858
Fuck off
>>
>>78902583
if you look at the other shit from his era that made it JUST as big with way shittier designs, i'd say no
however his design is pretty tits. So unique for its day. Costumes wouldn't become that regularly interesting for over a decade, and not a fraction as iconic until the 90s
>>
>>78902583
Its his powers....
Spiders are badass
>>
>>78903371
I've always liked how his powers are superhuman, but still relatable. he's strong, but not LUDICROUSLY strong (At least back in the day he wasn't). wall-climbing and agility are only gamebreakers because he uses them so creatively. and he also has his own totally unique technology (gadgets are more fun than powers in certain ways) which he uses even MORE creatively. and yet they ALSO have limits so they don't allow him to be OP. It's the perfect balance
... at least once you filter out the silver age silliness where his spider-sense was straight up psychic
>>
>>78902583

He's a nerdy virgin loser who gets amazing powers which he uses to beat up people who used to be stronger than him while running circles around them verbally with his with and intelligence. When not being an untouchable super strong genius, he spends his time banging super models who are lining up to fuck him because he's a nice, nerdy guy.

I can't think of a single reason why he wouldn't be so popular with his target demographic.
>>
>>78903495
Read the original comics. Peter was a school shooter autist.
>>
Check out this new spiderman Deadpool first edition exclusive comic.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321970690951
>>
Any good place to read Spidey from the start?
>>
>>78902583
>average guy persona
>lovable loser even
>gets the hot girl
>most memorable cast of villain
>main villains are deeply connected to him
>has that one special gal whose history has developed with his
It's like watching a son grow up and doing things and being proud of him. School teacher Peter was best Peter. Then Marvel had to fuck it up.
>>
Check out this new spiderman Deadpool first edition exclusive comic.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321970690951
>>
>>78903775
>>78903819
stop
>>
>>78903888
report and ignore
>>
I was obsessed with Spider-man as a kid without knowing about any the stories (nor in comics, nor cartoons, and it was before the movies), I had no idea how he was supposed to be when not in costume. I played wih the toys and video games like crazy.
And there is that japanese tokusatsu series where he has a giant robot and his real identity is like the opposite to Peter Parker.
So I assume there is something instantly appealing about the design on its own.
>>
I maintain that the popularity of a super-hero has almost everything to do with how good their list of villains is.

Spider-Man and Batman have the biggest, best roster of villains. Every other hero only has a handful at best. As a result, they're the most enduring, popular characters at their companies.

(they are not the best, but they ARE the most popular heroes)
>>
Story, costume(s), villains? That can go for any solo hero right?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.