[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some american explain this weeks Kelly to me? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 18

File: 960[1].jpg (182KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
182KB, 960x672px
Can some american explain this weeks Kelly to me? I don't even get the pun.
>>
I think Ammon is what the Jews in the bible sustained themselves on, produced by the ark of the covenant but I'm not sure.
>>
>>78898065
It actually fell from the sky during the Journey from Egypt to Canaan, but yeah.
>>
>>78898032
So, a bunch of dudes in Oregon took some land in a national park. They have run out of food, but are foraging off the land.

"Smooth Seize" refers to the seizure of land, as well as smooth seas, which means smooth sailing for a ship.
>>
>>78898032
Some gun enthusiasts took over a national park wildlife reserve building and fortified themselves. They claim the US government has no right to own land.
>>
>>78898032
Ammon Bundy is the leader of the militia people who are holed up in the Fish and Wildlife building in bum-fuck Oregon.

>>78898065
>>78898093
Ammon is some guy in the Book of Mormon. Manna is what fell from heaven to nourish the Israelites
>>
>>78898065
>>78898093
It's manna you retards, not Ammon
>>
File: 1449543429819.jpg (162KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
1449543429819.jpg
162KB, 960x672px
REMINDER KELLY IS ALWAYS RIGHT
>>
>>78898123
>>78898141
Are these the same guys who took the government building some week back or is this another matter?
>>
>>78898065
>>78898032
The guy's name is Ammon. That's literally it. It's a biblically-derived place name (its capital city is now the site of the capital of Jordan, Amman), but it's not a food.

Manna (spelled mana in older texts) is the substance god sent the Israelites in the desert to sustain them during their exile, according to biblical texts.

The pun on his name makes sense, but it's confused by the mondegreen of "ammon" for "manna", if that's what that's supposed to be. Unless there's something clever going on with transliteration from Hebrew here, it's kind of a shitty over-reach of a joke, if Kelly is even making that joke.

I suspect he's just making the "ammunition"/"ammon" pun and the well documented lack of supplies or planning on the part of the militia is being poked for laughs; the lack of food is played on by the speech bubbles, not the headline. Then again, maybe it's pointing out that Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion, but this biblically-named man and his oath-swearing (on bibles, see) posse has wrapped himself in the constitution of a nation whose laws he very definitely doesn't agree with, which is pretty ironic.

At the end of the day though it's an Onion cartoon about some people who are probably all idiots from the ground up, seeing as all the smart ones already turned themselves in when they figured out they had no food or heat or power.
>>
>>78898032

Ammunition you freedom hating guttersnipe
>>
>>78898253
Post the hipster terrorist.
>>
>>78898253
the "emojihad" one is literally how it works, though
, which is infuriating.
>>
>>78898365
>if Kelly is even making that joke
I really don't think that's supposed to be in the cartoon at all, and is only brought up in this thread by the initial responder's confusion.

The joke is just deifying Ammon and painting him and his crew and heroes who can withstand the elements, drawing clear Valley Forge parralels with the "valley forage" sign.
>>
>>78898641
Is it? Is it literally how it works? Literally?
>>
>>78898123
>They have run out of food, but are foraging off the land.
Last thing I heard they were crying on social media between punching each other in the jaw.
>>
There's never a pun in Kelly comics, unless you count the little rhyme mini-Kelly says. It's supposed to be offensive funny, not haha funny.
>>
>>78898810
What?
>>
>>78898141
>>78898123
>>78898353

some guy started a fire in his private property to control a forest fire, it spread to federal land, they had to pay a fine and got off the hook but the government wants to send them to jail anyway and force them to sell their land which they get dibs to buy.
>>
>>78898926
The point of Kelly comics, and all things from the Onion, is to act in such a radical, offensive way that it's funny, a parody of sorts. It's called satire.
>>
>>78898972
No, I mean how can you say they don't have puns when there's two in the OP

Unless you don't know what a pun is
>>
File: 1449413744625.jpg (411KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449413744625.jpg
411KB, 1504x1000px
>>78898930
>started a fire in his private property to control a forest fire
What
>>
>>78899174

controlled fires have been used to stop the spread of larger ones since forever, do you even farm?
>>
>>78899174
Prarie.

It's grass.

It drys and burns, so if you burn parts of it first, there's going to be a stretch without fuel, which means that accidental fires will not be able to set huge stretches of land ablaze.

The dude's raising cattle and had it graze on public land he rented, but he figured that Mormons don't have to honour agreements with non-mormons.
>>
>>78898930
>they had to pay a fine and got off the hook but the government wants to send them to jail anyway and force them to sell their land which they get dibs to buy.
There was a minimum sentence that they have to serve and are willing to serve. The guys who started the fire want no part in the Bundy bullshit
>>
>>78899200
No I'm a city boy, my only knowledge when it comes to fire and farming is that ash is very good fertilizer.
>>
>>78899174
>Not understanding actual forest fire prevention techniques
>>
>>78899255

literally fight fire with fire, that's where the phrase comes from. Once there's nothing to burn the bigger fire can't keep spreading.
>>
>>78899253
Isn't the Bundy bullshit just some extremists trying to use a non-issue they have no say in as an excuse?
>>
>>78899253
The entire issue started because the ranchers in question already served their sentences then the federal government went back and said that the original sentences and they'd have to serve additional jail time. That in general probably wouldn't have gotten as much attention as it has, however the ranchers are being charged under anti-terrorism laws rather than arson or negligence laws and people with pre-existing grievances with the government are latching on.
>>
>>78899552

it's a good moment as any to make a stand. They can't accuse people of being terrorists like it's a joke.
>>
>>78899614
Of course, then they went and took over a federal building with guns
>>
>>78899614
Also it's double jeopardy for the ranchers since they already served their time
>>
>>78899633

signs and rubber bracelets just don't cut it some times
>>
>>78899686
Yeah, so to protest being accused of terrorism...they become terrorists?
>>
>>78899633
Well that's why the father and son involved with the arson charges want nothing to do with those guys.

I mean it was an unoccupied ranger station, they could've just marched on it unarmed and taken it over to make their point
>>
>>78899716

how is it terrorism? who are they terrorizing? who have they violented? so far they're just flashing a bunch of people even more heavily armed than them with their safe queens and daring them to go full Waco on their own damn property for a change.
>>
>>78899614
Much like the original Bundy Ranch standoff, there is a big question of whether or not this is the hill to die on. That being said, all the standoff amounts to is 30 guys squatting in what was an unoccupied building on uninhabited piece of land in the middle of nowhere so it's very much nothing but hyperbole.

Obama should have commuted the rancher's sentences. That way he'd have come out looking reasonable and defusing the thing from the get go.
>>
>>78898667
Never mind that they're assholes who've threatened to shoot anyone who gets close
>>
>>78899716
How many BLM protests have turned violent?
>>
>>78899390
Yeah, mostly. They really don't have a say in it at all and were looking for an excuse to point guns at police. It's literally just a bunch of gun-nut retards looking to start shit for the hell of it. The people they're supposed to represent in this stand-off want no part of it at all.
>>
>>78899716
>they become terrorists?
They're white anon, that means they are Patriots, not terrorists.
>>
>>78899759
>how is it terrorism?

Idiots on social media calling them terrorists because they're armed.

I have to admit I'm still in love with the term Y'all Qaeda
>>
>>78899852
I heard Vanilla Isis, I'm not sure if it's because they're white or if because they're not nearly as bad as ISIS.
I'm kidding I know it's because they're white
>>
>>78899852
>Y'all Qaeda
Love it.
>>
>>78899880
> the fact that they haven't been shot by the police is white privilege

I see that shit all over social media and I'm really confused. Do people want more people killed by the police or less?
>>
>>78899779
>an unoccupied building on uninhabited piece of land in the middle of nowhere

It's called the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters building that's also an office, people actually work there and are now waiting to get their office back from a bunch of dudes that have most likely vandalized the place and stole some computers.
>>
File: 1452182389679.gif (1MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452182389679.gif
1MB, 355x200px
>>78899852
>Y'all Qaeda

Fuck, that's good.
>>
>>78899990

Oh, boohoo. A few people employed by the government can't get to work. Doesn't change the fact that the building was unoccupied at the time and 30 miles away from the nearest town.

>Most likely vandalized and stole computers

Inventing accusations now?
>>
>>78899949
I don't think that's the end goal there.
>>
>>78899949
More, but only if their white. Death to whitey.
>>
>>78899949
>Do people want more people killed by the police or less?
When the peaceful protests that happened last year, the national guard was called in armed to the teeth. 30+ armed Militia men with guns took over a federal building and are holed up in it and threatening the police there they'll shoot if they try anything. It's the hypocrisy that's laughable here, but it's not a funny laugh though.
>>
>>78899949

>White person breaks law
>Is not immediately brutalized by police
>"WOW, IF HE WAS BLACK HE'D BE DEAD BY NOW!"
>"GOOD THING THEY AREN'T MUSLIM!"
>"THIS IS WHITE PRIVILEGE!"

>White person breaks law
>Is brutalized by police
>*crickets*
>>
>>78900067
Are you seriously defending a bunch of gun-toting hicks?

This is a new low, /co/.
>>
>>78899174
They were convicted of arson so if you buy into the whole justice system thing, they're completely guilty.
>>
>>78900067
>A few people can't get to work

Yea, that's usually a problem. Especially if they are government workers.
>>
>>78900100

>Peaceful protests

They burned down fucking businesses.

They stabbed firehoses.

They looted stores.

They were NOT peaceful protests.
>>
>>78900112

Are you seriously being an authority-loving, government-worshiping bootlicker?

This is a new low, /co/.
>>
>>78900100
If these guys were in a city the reaction would be drastically different, but they're out in the middle of nowhere and have none to hurt but themselves. The reason nobody is going to raid them is because it's easier to just let them starve out until they surrender
>>
>>78900000
>No one checked those quints
>>
>>78900207
The police should just set up some grills and big fans, and blow the smell of barbecue at them.
>>
>>78900182
You are the government, you fucking hack. It's a democracy for a reason.
>>
>>78899949
I think they just imagine that the situation would've gone different if it was a bunch of blacks with an open carry protest.
>>
>>78900182
I like being reasonable, but what the Bundy Militia are doing is unreasonable as hell, disrupting to regular folks and a detriment to actual people that want more say in government proceedings. They are jokes, that didn't even come prepared for an armed standoff they instigated.
>>
>>78900268
>People actually believe this
>>
>>78900100
Peaceful protest in the middle of a city that involves looting and arson is much different then a couple armed loonies taking over an unoccupied ranger station in the middle of no where.
>>
>>78900268

nobody voted to have that man convicted twice.
>>
>>78900268

We're not REALLY a democracy. We're a republic, if you want to be technical.

Even then, the government frequently circumvents the will of the people.

Also, democracy is potentially oppressive. There exists something called the 'tyranny of the majority'.

No, I am not the government. I am one citizen. As one citizen I have the ability to influence the government to some extent, but no. Not the government.
>>
>>78899880
>Vanilla Isis
When they light a man on fire, that name will mean something. As of now, that shit is infuriating.
>>
File: 1447788561509.jpg (161KB, 1400x980px) Image search: [Google]
1447788561509.jpg
161KB, 1400x980px
>>78899949
>>78900084
>>78900107
Epic.
>>
>>78900112
All they've done is basically a sit-in in the middle of nowhere. Hell, they're not even holed up in the building and are free to come and go by authorities; the Bundys left to go to church yesterday morning and came back after the service.
>>
>>78900270
Oh, they would have been slaughtered and the NRA would stop lobbying for 5 seconds to allow stricter gun laws.
>>
>>78900306

Disrupting to a small number of people only. And so far, they've been completely nonviolent despite being armed.

Sometimes you've got to flip some tables to raise attention and get your point across. Unfortunately, in today's political climate, people are more concerned with the militamen being white and less concerned with the federal government being corrupt.

A successful protest IS one that disrupts everyday life. That's why you have sit-ins.
>>
>>78899552
Because the minimum sentence was longer than what they were sentenced too.
>>
>>78900336
I did, but don't tell anyone.
>>
>>78900420

>black people shot
>affecting gun control

please, everyone knows guns are only capable of killing white children! only white children matter!
>>
>>78900141
They also served their time and were released, but the Attorney General's office says the judge fucked up and should have sentenced them to five years minimum. And somehow, that means the guys have to go back to prison. I haven't heard any explanation as to how that makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>78900367
You vote for elected officials to represent you. Why do you think the phrase "power to the people" even exists? I'm so sick of hearing this 'the government is corrupt, voting doesn't matter!' bullshit. If you have a shit government, it's because you have shit people voting. You want proof of that? Republicans.
>>
>>78900456
no, they would want gun control to tighten because the black people had guns
>>
>>78900311
Ya know, if you actually vote instead of sitting on your ass and complaining, you might be able to do something. But if you just sit there and do nothing and not let your voice be heard at the polls, then you really have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>78900456
Not when it comes to muh guns as Sandy Hook showed.
>>
>>78900475
>If you have a shit government, it's because you have shit people voting
And that's why its corrupt. The cause doesn't change the fact its still corrupt.
>>
>>78900336
He wasn't convicted twice, the judge gave him less then the minimum sentence, when the federal court found out they made them do the minimum sentence. And unrelated militia decided this was enough of a reason to try and seize government land even though the locals want them to leave and think they are an annoying pain in the ass.
>>
>>78900475

>You vote for elected officials to represent you.

And often those officials lie and don't do what they promised to do. And often someone wins when I didn't vote for them (tyranny of the majority).

>Why do you think the phrase "power to the people" even exists?

Because the people have the right to protest and revolt.

Voting matters, but that doesn't mean that good people can't vote in bad seeds or that the system itself isn't shoddy and corrupt.

>If you have a shit government it's because you have shit people

What do you do when the only people you can vote for who have a chance of winning are both terrible?
>>
>>78900306
>the Bundy Militia are doing is unreasonable as hell, disrupting to regular folks and a detriment to actual people that want more say in government proceedings.

They're doing less than what the Black Panthers did. They're doing less than what MLK did. As for disrupting regular folks, it's a wildlife refuge that was mostly shutdown for winter.
>>
>>78900552
>because the people have the right to protest and revolt
but only if they're white
>>
>>78899949
Liberals want to jump on this shit to damage control muslims and blacks making themselves look like shit
Seriously, they would call the fucking black riots "peaceful protests" and turn a blind eye to the fucking "refugee" bullshit but call this shit terrorism just to scream how white people are bad
>>
>>78900480
Just like last time
>>
>>78900583

Doesn't matter what color they are. All people have the right to protest and revolt.

The fact that government-funded authorities are harsher on non-white people is only more proof that the government is corrupt.
>>
>>78900521
Haven't you heard anon, apparently it was all a hoax/false flag operation and the kids never really existed. No but seriously, a bunch of preschoolers are dead and nothing happened, a theatre was shot up a few years ago and still nothing happened. Hell, some of us were wondering why TFA didn't have a massacre on opening night. Gun politics are a joke in this country and I want off this ride.
>>
File: A-house-in-Vicksburg-Miss-007.jpg (91KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
A-house-in-Vicksburg-Miss-007.jpg
91KB, 620x372px
>>78899174
Think about it as burning a section of forest in a strait line to create a "wall" around your property...fire can't burn what's already burnt. so it stops the fire from spreading.

Think cutting a bit of infected flesh to stop an infected wound from spreading.

For example In California, it's recommended to not have trees within 21 feet of your roof...it's not guaranteed if it's super windy, but it's supposed to save your home from a burning tree embers floating on the wind to land on your roof and burn your home down.
>>
>>78900475
No, you have a shitty corrupt government. How many people have you voted into the GSA? The Small Business Administration? Department of Agriculture? All of the bureaucracies in the country are appointed positions. Nobody votes for them. And they are corrupt as shit. The SBA is under investigation for funneling money meant for the development of small business to multi-billion international corporations. The country is corrupt as shit.
>>
>>78900585
There were riots AND peaceful protests though.
>>
>>78900107
When white people get fucked over, the discussion usually becomes about police militarization rather than race, and there are less people that dislike police as a concept than people that just don't want them to be racist so the discussion ends up being a lot quieter.
>>
>>78900653
I was about to say, good luck with that shit when it floods. Then I realized that was a tree and power line on the bottom.
>>
>>78900459
Manly laws have a minimum required punishment or sentencing if you break them. These guys broke a law that had a minimum 5 years jail sentence attached to it. The judge sentenced them to under 5 years their by giving them less then the minimum required sentence. Once it was realized by higher authorities they corrected the unlawful sentencing.
>>
>>78900459
The original sentence violated the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, the Feds appealed, the Appeals court agreed, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, and the ranchers were ordered to return to prison to serve out the minimum sentence with time served credited to them.

>>78900420
>>78900480
The NRA is actually one of the oldest civil rights groups in the USA and was involved in the Civil Rights Movement and the armed self-defense of African-Americans.
>>
>>78900497
Except there's no one that shares my views in the polls. So the best I can do is vote for the least shitty person, not the person I want. That doesn't change anything, its still electing a shitty person.

I bet you're one of those people that bought into the hype when Obama was first nominated for president.
>>
>>78899174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znPyMkP3ooY
>>
>>78900786
>The original sentence violated the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, the Feds appealed, the Appeals court agreed, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, and the ranchers were ordered to return to prison to serve out the minimum sentence with time served credited to them.
Huh. Okay. that makes more sense. I knew about minimum sentencing standards, but I was confused as to why the ranchers seemed to be punished when it was the judge's fuckup.
>>
>>78900786
>NRA is actually one of the oldest civil rights groups
And so was Fred Phelps. Just because they might have been in the past, doesn't mean shit now. Over the years organizations change when money and politics become involved.
>>
>>78898930
He intentionally set the land on fire to hide evidence of his illegal animal poaching on federal land.
>>
>>78900811
No, not really, I was a republican.
>>
>>78900873
It's still pretty bullshit considering that over two years have passed since they were originally released from prison and they, at worst, committed arson and poaching but were sentenced under terrorism laws.
>>
File: 1418870989450.jpg (29KB, 370x455px) Image search: [Google]
1418870989450.jpg
29KB, 370x455px
Two weeks in and this year's already batshit insane.
>>
>>78898761
>I h8 USA
>Then join ISIS
>ok
Yes
>>
>>78900903
>animal poaching
Fuck that, we had poachers on our property years ago, fuck them and everything they do.
>>
>>78899759
They are terrorizing the people in the area, even if unintentionally
The people who live there are freaked out
>>
>>78899614
Its a good thing that wasn't the case then, I have no idea where the fuck that anon heard that, those guys were not charged with anything related to terrorism, just arson.
>>
>>78900786
The Mulford act says hi
>>
File: 960.jpg (158KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
158KB, 960x672px
>No one has posted last weeks comic
>>
>>78900786
This. While I'm not a fan of the NRA because they are fudds and don't fight for tactical rifles, they aided the underground railroad and gave guns to escaped slaves for self defense as many New Yorkers were simply rounding up escaped slaves and sending them back south for reward money.

Michael Moore is such a cunt for doing that animation that slightly looks like South Park's to imply south Park made it and implied that the NRA was part of the KKK.

Is there a word for that kind of political misleading where you do something that apes some one style to make it look like they agree with your views but all they did was shake your hand and take a picture with you at a public event?

When Michael Moore talked with Tray Parker at that restaurant it wasn't a set up interview, MM just showed up while he was eating and struck up the conversation about columbine while a camera crew was across the street taking video in secret.
>>
>>78901104
>>Is there a word for that kind of political misleading where you do something that apes some one style to make it look like they agree with your views but all they did was shake your hand and take a picture with you at a public event?
Blatant lying. Slander.
>>
>>78900902
They're still a civil rights group; they're actually more of a civil rights group now than there were during their first sixty years of existence. Firearms ownership is a civil right in America. Using the Southern Poverty Law Center's definition, Everytown for Gun Safety, Moms Demand Action, and the Brady Campaign are all hate groups.
>>
>>78900903

proofs?
>>
>>78901133
Well, that doesn't help when debating liberals, you need big complicated or Latin sounding words.
>>
>>78900971
>at worst, committed arson
You say that like it isn't bad. Let me tell you why arson sucks, it burns everything and usually firefighters have to deal with that shit. And as a person that has several loved ones that deal with this, if some asshole is setting fire to these places and not caring what the weather conditions are for that week/month and the dryness in the area, then they deserve to have the book thrown at them for setting unscheduled fires that others have to deal with, and the dangers they pose.
>>
>>78900384
>We overcame.
I overkekked.
>>
>>78901144
>The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.
>>
>>78901076
Mulford Act predates the NRA's active political involvement. And in counterpoint, Robert F. Williams.

>>78901104
>While I'm not a fan of the NRA because they are fudds and don't fight for tactical rifles

That's changing as demographics shift and new things become popular, half their gun raffles are "tactical rifles" these days.
>>
>>78901237
I know about Mr. Williams and happen to agree with him, but Reagan had help from the NRA to draft similar legislation to the Mulford Act across the country. They've changed their tune when it comes to who is armed and where
>>
>>78901429
The only part of 80s gun control efforts that weren't opposed by the NRA were criminal background checks.
>>
File: 1363842888330.gif (958KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
1363842888330.gif
958KB, 500x266px
>>78900459

That's normal custodial procedure - there are sentencing minimums but judges can override those and give more lenient sentences, the prosecution is then free to appeal the sentence and get longer if they can convince the higher courts that its appropriate, at which point the criminal will be resentenced by the lower court, usually to the longer minimum.

In this case the original sentence happened to be less than the time it took for the prosecution's appeal to complete and the pair to be resentenced.

It's not unusual and is how the system is supposed to work.
>>
>>78900182
An orderly and dignified society is infinitely preferable to one that tolerates pandering to the individualistic fantasies and butthurt delusions of persecution of white nigger hicks.
>>
>>78898032
Okay so there are these guys in Oregon right?
They own a bunch of farmland and there was this invasive species of plant that was a danger to their crops and also the area had regular wild fires so they figured they would kill two birds with one stone and burn the plants in the process also creating a fire barrier that would prevent wildfires from setting their fields on fire.
Well the local government charged them with arson, for starting a fire on their own property.
The judge sentenced them to two years in prison, they served that sentence but afterwards the judge decided that it wasn't a great enough sentence and then sentenced them again to more years in complete violation of double jeopardy laws so in protest to this the two men along with people that support them took up residence in the local wildlife office and are refusing to leave until they get a pardon.
>>
>>78901549
>An orderly and dignified society is infinitely preferable to one that tolerates pandering to the individualistic fantasies and butthurt delusions of persecution of niggers.

And what do you know, remove two words and now it's hate speech.
>>
>>78899633
They havn't threatened anyone they are just occupying the area the guns are only there so that the police can't force them out like they did with the occupy wallstreet protesters.
>>
>>78900100
This is a rare example of the police being smart doesn't really seem like something to complain about
>>
File: laughingMike_rlm.gif (3MB, 270x332px) Image search: [Google]
laughingMike_rlm.gif
3MB, 270x332px
>>78901724
>occupy wallstreet protesters
>forced out of anywhere
Nigga, you hilarious!
>>
>>78901598
>I get all my news from facebook links from crazy relatives: the post
>>
>>78900268
Do you live under the delusion that everything the government does is the will of the people?
after several years they just passed SOPA because it was part of a bill that nobody could read.
We have bills that get passed that we cannot know the details of until they pass because of nebulous reasons.
Obama right now is trying to enforce a executive order to expand gun control specifically because he knows that if he tried any other way the people would not support it.

Just because we have a representative democracy does not mean that corruption and tyranny do not exist.
>>
>>78900420
>HURRR I CAN'T PARSE THE THOUGHT OF PEOPLE THAT DISAGRE WITH ME BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN A BIGOT
Several of the NRA's spokesmen are black you absolutist fuck.
>>
>>78901616
>An orderly and dignified society is infinitely preferable to one that tolerates pandering to the individualistic fantasies and butthurt delusions of persecution.
Remove two more, and now it's not hate speech anymore. It's almost like subtracting words changes the context and meaning of the sentence.
>>
>>78900497
>what is voter registration laws, the electoral college and gerrymandering
I live in new york, my presidential vote is irrelevant going back to Reagan
>>
>>78901616
When I wrote "white nigger hicks", I fully intended it as hate speech. Just using "niggers" would've also been hate speech, appropriate if I was complaining about black hooligans. Though I lack any sincerity and conviction in the actual sentiment of hate, I want to make my affectation of hatred perfectly clear, with all the odious slurs of loathing at my disposal.
>>
>>78900902
>Just because they might have been in the past, doesn't mean shit now
Well "now" this guy is the spokeman for the NRA
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrColionNoir
Need some help getting that egg off your face?
>>
>>78901847
What about my post was incorrect?
Are you going to actually say? or can you not be bothered to pry your nose from your fartbox long enough?
>>
>>78900475
See. you're right, in that that's how a democratic system works.
America is plutocratic now and has been for a few years at the very least.
>>
>>78901802
Yeah?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/nyregion/police-begin-clearing-zuccotti-park-of-protesters.html?_r=0
http://www.theguardian.com/news/blog/2011/nov/15/occupy-wall-street-police-action-live
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204190504577040563377026378
>>
>>78902064
look up minimum sentences, retard
>>
So do these gun enthusiasts think the US government shouldn't own the land does that mean they think the government should give the land to the 300 surviving Amerindians who used to live there?
>>
>>78900521
>>78900629
>Slaughter of children is an acceptable loss
>Gun show loophole is not
I need to live somewhere else.
>>
>>78898065
>Ammon
I thought it was one of the rival tribes to the israelites?
>>
>>78900475
>republicans are the problem
>when democrats are in charge we get cities like Chicago and Detroit
>>
>>78902128
Look up double jeopardy
>>
>>78902165
>Gunshow loophole
>existing

Do you believe in the gender pay gap too?
>>
>>78902221
you can be re-sentenced for a crime if you were originally sentenced below the minimum sentence, and the prosecution appeals to a higher court and wins
>>
>>78902221
It's a resentencing because of an appeal, it happens every day.
>>
>>78902165
The 'gun show loophole' barely accounts for any guns used in crime. We're talking double figures at the very most. Most criminals get their guns from other criminals. The 'gun show loophole' is just one guy selling another guy a gun. Most dealers at gun shows use background checks anyway. It's a complete non-issue thats blown up rather than tackling the real causes behind gun crime in the US: ethnic and drug based gang warfare.

It wouldn't even have prevented mass shootings as people just steal guns off people, legally buy guns or pay someone who's legally allowed to buy guns to buy them for them (in the case of Columbine). And here in the UK all of our gun law and bans didn't prevent mass killings (7/7 bombings) or even mass shootings (Cumbria Shootings).

I'm British and I know this nonsense. If you're American you have no excuse.
>>
>>78902140
>that mean they think the government should give the land to the 300 surviving Amerindians who used to live there?
Nope, Manifest Destiny bitch, redskins(or anyone not of Anglo-Saxon descent) not allowed.
>>
File: 1350834388268.jpg (46KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
1350834388268.jpg
46KB, 451x392px
>>78902126
>The mayor’s comments at a City Hall news conference came about seven hours after hundreds of police officers moved in to clear the park, after warning that the nearly two-month-old camp would be “cleared and restored”
>two-month-old camp
>two-month
Again, nigga you hilarious.
>>
>>78902267
>>78902281
Not after you have already served the initial sentence!
>>
>>78902404
yes, even then
>>
File: 1445975570390.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445975570390.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Jesus Christ, /co/mblr is real.
>>
>>78902404
Yes you can, there is precedent for it. It isn't double jeopardy but it is technically a violation of post-conviction procedures which dictate that resentencing must occur within 2 weeks of the original.
But none of that really matters because 1. The Hammonds were turning themselves in and 2. They confessed which means they can't appeal.
>>
>>78901598
They started the fire to cover up evidence of them poaching. Minimum sentence for that crime was 5 years, judge decided nah all they need is two in violation of the minimum 5 year sentence. They have to finish the rest of the minimum sentence. Its not double jeopardy. Double Jeopardy means you can't be put on trial for the same crime twice. What you are trying to say is that if you escape prison you shouldn't have to go back because you already got out.
>>
>>78902404
Apparently you can because it's totally a thing that happens
>>
>>78902404
boy that would be easy to abuse if it were true
>>
>>78902295
>The 'gun show loophole' barely accounts for any guns used in crime.

My criminal scum uncle who has been incarcerated and released was able to buy guns from a supposedly reputable gun store. Believe me it fucking exists, hell, he was caught selling them to an undercover officer for 3000 bucks each and is now facing at least ten years in prison for each gun sold. But please, Britbong, tell me how it is in America. Because where I'm from, this shit isn't an outlier and is now a common occurrence, because it's easy money, so long as you're not caught. Then again I'm from the South and it's a fucking hellhole on good days.
>>
>>78902527
>to cover up evidence of them poaching
>implying you can poach on your own property
> What you are trying to say is that if you escape prison you shouldn't have to go back because you already got out.
They didn't escape though they were released after serving their sentence.
>>78902553
>Apparently you can because it's totally a thing that happens
Plenty of things happen that are not legal anon.
>>
>>78902676
>The gun show "loophole" totally exists you guis! trust me my uncle works at nintendo.
Gun shows are just a bunch of FFL holders selling their surplus firearms in a single location you still have to undergo the FBI background check required of all retail firearm sales in the country.
I swear you nogunz seem to think gun shows are the black market or something.
>>
>>78902696
They were poaching on the government land, set the fire then called to ask permission to start the fire. Also if you read the court documents, this last fire was the 4th time in 7 years that they caught government land on fire.
>>
>>78902696
>implying you can poach on your own property
uh yeah, you can
>>
>>78902527
>What you are trying to say is that if you escape prison you shouldn't have to go back because you already got out.

So they broke out of prison. ok.
>>
>>78902696
This isn't one of them. It's a shitty application of a debatably bad law, but it's not illegal.
>>
>>78902777
Of course they do. They've never been to a gunshow because there are guns there. Everyone knows that shootings only happen in places with lots of guns! That's why gunshows are bloodbaths every single time they open, and that's why gun-free schools have never once experienced a shooting.
>>
>>78902801
It's more like if you were sentenced for a month for a serious crime and then were resentenced to a more suitable sentence. Which is actually a thing that happened.
>>
>>78902777
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/10/buying-guns-no-questions-asked/

Literal first result on google shows people doing exactly what you say never happens
>>
>>78902777
Son, I have guns that I legally purchased as well as some being passed down as family heirlooms. My uncle, was somehow able to purchase them as easy as I was, and was selling them to people he didn't know for quick and easy profit. It's people like my uncle and other criminal pieces of shit that's giving my passion a bad name, and if there's legislation being passed to stop people like him, I'm all for it. But hey, keep pretending that it doesn't happen, I'm sure when the next Walgreens robbery or another place of business gets robbed and someone dies, then we'll do something about it. Surely.
>>
>>78902947
>My uncle, was somehow able to purchase them as easy as I was, and was selling them to people he didn't know for quick and easy profit
What does this story prove? Was your uncle a felon when he purchased these weapons? If he was, that's a problem. Otherwise, he had a clean record and resold guns for profit to shady characters. There isn't any possible law that will address that. Background checks don't magically uncover un-convicted criminal activity.
>>
>>78902884
>Goes to gun show and conducts a private transaction with someone that is not a registered seller
>Buys the gun out of some guys truck
>Complains that no background check took place
>Blames the gun shows
I know this may blow your mind anon but you can buy a gun through a private seller with no paper trail even when you aren't at a gun show.
That isn't a "gun show loophole" that's a private sale.
That's like saying that if I sold my car to someone just outside of a dealership that the dealership is somehow responsible for me not getting the guys info.
>>
>>78903044
I mean, you are responsible for telling the government that you sold your car

so that might not be the best analogy
>>
>>78902947
>My uncle, was somehow able to purchase them as easy as I was, and was selling them to people he didn't know for quick and easy profit.
The fuck does that have to do with gun shows genuis?
FFL's are required to perform background checks and the people that you see selling at gun shows are FFL holders.
If someone at a gun show tells another person that they will sell a gun to them out of their truck in the parking lot that isn't anything different from what happens everywhere else every day.
>But hey, keep pretending that it doesn't happen, I'm sure when the next Walgreens robbery or another place of business gets robbed and someone dies, then we'll do something about it. Surely.
Choke on your chaw and die you fudd faggot!
>>
>>78900380
See, Vanilla Isis just makes me think of Vanilla Ice. And all I can think of is Da'esh trying to make a name as a rap group.
>>
>>78903101
You don't have to though.
You can buy a car and keep it in your garage it's only to drive the car that you need to license it.

Also how exactly would a layman conduct a background check on a private gun sale?
>>
>>78903042
>Was your uncle a felon when he purchased these weapons? If he was, that's a problem

He was a felon, he's been convicted of selling drugs over state lines and been to prison for several years until he got out a decade ago. He knew the rules, but didn't care.
>>
File: 1449967855513.jpg (10KB, 236x207px) Image search: [Google]
1449967855513.jpg
10KB, 236x207px
>it's another based kelly comic
>>
>stealth /pol/ thread
>>
>>78900653
how does this work? wouldn't the house flood
>>
>>78903283
this is more /k/

which is weird
>>
>>78903232
>He knew the rules, but didn't care.
And how would more laws prevent that exactly?
He will just know those laws as well and not follow them.
>>
>>78903101
>I mean, you are responsible for telling the government that you sold your car
No I'm not
I've sold six vehicles in the last 10 years and all I've ever done is sign over the title but legally I don't even have to have the title to sell it.
Granted you should never buy a vehicle without a title since you can't license it without one but technically it is not legally required for buying/selling.
>>
>>78903322
>And how would more laws prevent that exactly?
Gun shows and Gun stores need to be better at screening out the criminals better than what they're doing. Because it isn't enough at all. Too many guns are getting into the hands that they don't need to be in.
>>
>>78903283
nah, this is definitely /k/. c'mon not every conservative is a /pol/tard
>>
>>78903318
Not really. /k/ommandos seem to be the biggest cross-boarders on the site.
>>
>>78903421
The 'gunshow loophole' is a fucking myth that retards who have no idea how criminals get guns parrot. And gun store are required by federal law to run a NICS check on every gun sold. The only thing more gun regulation will do is keep guns away fro actually law abiding citizens while at the same time doing nothing about actual crime.
>>
>>78903421
>Gun shows and Gun stores need to be better at screening out the criminals better than what they're doing.
How?
They every gun store and gun show already requires a mandatory FBI background check what else do you expect them to do?
It's not like criminals come into stores wearing buttons that say "I'm a criminal" in fact most criminals don't even buy guns from gun stores they either buy them on the black market or steal them from other people.

It's easy to say "something needs to be done" when you don't actually bother trying to think of something and no I will not accept something that violates the rights of law abiding people.
>>
>>78903616
weird in that Kelly threads usually turn into /pol/ threads, not /k/ threads
>>
>>78903706
Kelly threads are very rarely purely Kelly threads usually they are just general political comics threads and would you imagine that political cartoons can inspire political discussion.
>>
>>78900693
Those burus and administrations you speak of are like businesses. If you voted for each and every individual worker then you'd be voting 24/7.

And where are you getting this corrupt number from? Your ass? People in the utmost top spot may be appointed, but they either come from another department or have very similar experience in the private sector. They then have tons of people looking over their moves from both sides of the isle waiting to fuck them over should the people get tired of them (see the NSA general as an example). And the majority under them are average joes who worked their way up through the department.

I'm going to assume that for your complaints you're not one of those idiots who thinks voting for president and congress is the only time you have input in the country.
>>
I'll come out and say it: the government should tear these fucks apart.

They always talk about what the founding fathers would do, then shit like this happens and they twiddle their thumbs. You know what Washtington did when a bunch of armed rednecks tried to undermine his authority? He rode out there on horseback himself and squashed the Whiskey Rebellion.
>>
>>78903706
well its a kelly strip about guns.
>>
>>78903754
>And where are you getting this corrupt number from? Your ass?
Senate sub-committee investigations into the SBA, and the bills they passed to try and prevent fraud - https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1481

And the FBI investigating the GSA - https://www.fbi.gov/sandiego/press-releases/2015/gsa-official-admits-accepting-bribes-and-stealing-government-property

That far enough away from my ass for you? I can give you a fuckload more. These are systemic problems that have been going on for years.

Hell, my own company was fucked hard by the SBA years ago. We've been engaged in legal battles for a long time, and have compiled all of their "public" documents (that nobody will fucking give you without damn near invoking Freedom of Information) that proves that barely 10% of the yearly budget goes to actual business development. Instead, it's funneled directly to companies like Microsoft, HP, Cisco, etc. who then control 100% of a given "mentor" contract and, thus, 100% of the profits.
>>
>>78903881
>Government can never be wrong
>Us peasants deserve the lash!
>I want to be under the state's bootheel!
Fuck off to canada you aren't a american
>>
>>78904614
I think their point is to call them on their assumed hypocrisy since they cite the Forefathers but if this were then the Forefathers would've taken their asses down by now. Though it's pretty obvious that they see themselves as the forefathers and America as the British or whatever.
>>
>>78904666
I think it doesn't really matter what they think about who.
They are within their rights to protest.
>>
>>78900786
>Control a forest fire
>Get charged with arson and terrorisM
>>
>>78899949
They're just pointing out the double standard.
>>
>>78903700
Not if you are selling as a private seller, where you just sell guns you own but don't want.
>>
>>78907072
And how would a layman perform a background check for a private sale?
Also even if the resources were available what is there to ensure they do it?
>>
>>78908500
>what is there to ensure they do it?
If only there were an agency that policed firearms. Maybe they could save money if they covered a couple other things, too.
>>
>>78908546
>ATF
>being able to track the 200+ million firearms in the US
Use an icepick as a q-tip god knows you aren't using your fucking brain.
>>
>>78903302
The dirt is a impromptu levee. It surrounds the house, keeping the flood waters at bay.
>>
>people actually defending this Bundy bullshit

All these people do is try to have armed standoffs with the government, they've been trying to get people to shoot at them for decades. This is a discussion for draconian anti-terrorism laws, not ranchers trying to abolish public land.
>>
File: asay3.gif (47KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
asay3.gif
47KB, 500x371px
Asay is better
>>
File: 1449612940864.jpg (139KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
1449612940864.jpg
139KB, 700x490px
>>78909071
I don't get it.
>>
>>78909162
no one really does
>>
>>78900903
The only "evidence" is the heavily coerced testimony of a mentally ill man "remembering" events that happened 13 years prior.

Hate the Bundys/militiamen all you want but the Hammonds (the ranchers in question) have been getting fucked over hard by the government as have ranchers in the area going back a century.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/03/full-story-on-whats-going-on-in-oregon-militia-take-over-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/

>HURR DURR SOURCE

The ranch has a lot of natural resources it's sitting on that the government could probably make a nice penny off of to allow uranium mining and the like. The main person involved in suggesting them for re-sentencing is kind of a scumbag too.
>>
>>78909162
>I don't get it.
IIRC Asay is cartoonist whose point is always ambiguous unless you already know his own political leanings.
>>
File: asay2.gif (63KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
asay2.gif
63KB, 450x325px
>>78909071
>>78909162
What did he mean when he said this?
>>
>>78900459
Yeah, they're charging them on a bullshit law that's intended for use with terrorists. The fact is the government wants the land and has been involved in a long, long war using various underhanded means to get the Hammonds (and other ranchers) off their land.
>>
>>78909162
It's a sexist joke and a clever one.
>>
>>78909207
I hope you realize your link was copypasted from a Bundy blog which invented it wholesale with no sources.
>>
>>78909162
Assay is so sure of the rightness of his views that this picture, despite the criticism that the two dads look an equal if not more loving family, expects you to see the two dads and immediately recognize the rightness of the hetero family over this. He is not a very good political cartoonist.
>>
>>78899949
it's stupid, but realistically if a bunch of black dudes pulled this shit you can bet things would be going different right now
>>
>>78910240
Not really, if a group of black ranchers (who exist but are rather scattered and few) protested with guns and acted EXACTLY the same way the current people are acting it would probably turn out even better becasue if the race card.

I stress exactly becasue a group of blacks, armed or not, tend to throw things and start shit, and I'm saying this as a black dude.
>>
File: asay.gif (60KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
asay.gif
60KB, 600x446px
>>
>>78910629
wait...what?
>>
>>78910629
Assay has to be fucking with people in this one, there is literally no other explanation as to the presentation or the potential message.
>>
>>78910697
If we kick Uncle Sam out of our bedroom, we can have a threesome and he can give us tax-subsidized syringes. Step it up, anon.
>>
>>78910629
Yes? That's pretty much how it should work.
>>
File: 1429232976743.png (67KB, 321x328px) Image search: [Google]
1429232976743.png
67KB, 321x328px
>>78910866
>government should socialize my bad decisions because having fun and not dealing with the responsibilities is my human right!! :))
>>
>>78911039
what occurs in the bedroom between two or more consenting adults cannot be regulated by the government. It's a little thing called freedom anon, ever heard of it?
>>
>>78911092
Not asking to regulate it, just asking to not be forced to pay for your AIDS medication when you attend a dozen standard fuck parties and wonder why you get pos'd
>>
>>78906794
It isn't really though
The guys in Oregon haven't attacked or threatened anyone they have guns sure but they are not pointing them at the cops.
They haven't set any fires they haven't smashed any windows, they haven't turned over any cars or blocked any highways.
There is far more difference than just race.
>>
>>78908546
>ATF
>Able to find their own assholes with two hands and a flashlight
And even if they did they would just seal them up because turds are big,black,scary and the ones coming from their fat bureaucratic asses would violate the arbitrary length restrictions.
The only government more useless than the ATF is the FCC.
>>
>>78908546
>The ATF is omnipotent and can instinctively tell if a gun is being sold without uncle sam getting his cut.
You realize most guns in america are not registered in the first place right? How exactly is the ATF to know if I sell a gun they didn't even know I had?
>>
>>78911264
I think the TSA might have them both beat.
>>
>>78908879
They are a great example of the power of the second ammendment regardless of whether you agree with them.
The occupy wallstreet people and black lives matter people do all sorts of crazy shit to get people to listen to their demands and never get anywhere meanwhile when bundy rallied a bunch of people with guns together they got their demands without firing a single shot.
>>
>>78911326
Nah but they are definitely tied with the other two
>>
>>78910629
>>78910697
>>78910723
>>78910866
>every fucking Assay thread until the end of time
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/13/confirmed-conservatives-understand-liberal-positions-better-than-liberals-understand-conservative-positions/
>>
>>78900143
Learn the difference between the actual protestors and other people that are pissed off.
>>
>>78912966
Alright nignog what is he trying to say with >>78909237
>>
>>78913170
Sorry, not that conservative. I'd wager he's saying that despite what the race baiters say, the US is pretty great for minorities.

>>78913256
Hey, it's someone here to prove exactly that point.
>>
>>78912966
I'm libertarian, it shouldn't be a binary choice of the govt. deciding what you get up to in the bedroom or a welfare state of STD riddled morons.
>>
>>78913483
>Whereas progressives think that rights are given by the government, conservatives think that “we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights.”
Who the fuck is this clown and why does he feel the need to speak for other conservatives in such a retarded way?
>>
>>78914354
if you're a libertarian, shouldn't you be against the government telling people what to do AND the welfare state promoting irresponsible behavior by subsidizing it?
>>
>>78899552
>however the ranchers are being charged under anti-terrorism laws rather than arson or negligence laws

Arson laws are called anti-terrorism-law in the state he was convicted in.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.