[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman: The Killing Joke Animated Film To Add To Story, Prem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: killingjokeanimatedmovie-165322.png (362KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
killingjokeanimatedmovie-165322.png
362KB, 655x315px
Batman: The Killing Joke Animated Film To Add To Story, Premiere In July

>Executive Producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) revealed that they've had to add story to make The Killing Joke a feature-length film and when it will debut.

>"The one big difference about it, as opposed to those other projects (The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & Part 2), is The Killing Joke... the source material is really not long enough to make an entire feature film out of," Timm told ConTV. "So we actually had to add a lot more story to it. Which is tricky. But I think we came up with a really good solution on how that worked."

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/10/batman-killing-joke-animated-film-to-add-to-story-premiere-in-ju/
>>
Why not just make two or three good short films instead?
>>
>inb4 several dozen "DROPPED"s
>>
>>78897464
I'd rather they spend more time on visuals and good looking establishing shots instead of adding what'll probably be a pointless Barbara Gordon subplot.
>>
D R O P T HE B A S S
>>
>>78897710
It could work if they just show her doing a little Batgirling and retiring.
>>
>>78897710
>>78897777
I could see where this is is going. In a similar way to how in UtRH we had those exposition dumps to let the audience know who Dick and Jason are, as well as their relationship, we'll probably get some sort of flashback sequence of Barbara reliving her time as Batgirl.
>>
This isn't necessarily bad news.
>>
>>78897464
>DC animates several top tier shorts that don't outstay their welcome
>a quintessential Batman story is reduced to a whored out cash cow instead

Oh this might as well be happening.
>>
>>78897464
>July

But I want it now
>>
Wait Bruce Timm is working on it? If Dinny is in, then I have no worries.
>>
>>78900089
Bruce Timm is Executive producing but I don't think Dini is involved. The director (Sam Liu) is the same guy that did Year One, All-Star Superman, TDKR, and Assault on Arkham.
>>
>>78897856
I'm very OK with that. It would add to Barbara's tragedy and actually flesh her out as a character instead of just being a pair of boobs used to hurt Gordon and Bats.
>>
>>78897856
>>78901085
If that's what they're going to add to it then this movie might not be as bland as I thought it would be. I really hope that's what they're doing.
>>
This may be the best thing DC animated have put put in along time.
>>
>>78901085
But that's what Moore wanted her to be
>>
>>78903446
The thing is that when the Killing Joke came out, Moore could rest on the assumption that everyone reading already had a strong idea of who Batgirl was. Since this is a standalone movie, they're gonna need to establish that for all the normies.
>>
>>78897464
Thats fine, I trust Timm
>>
>>78901085
You try to defend her character yet boil her down to "a pair of boobs"
>>
>>78897464
I trust in timm until i see otherwise
>>
>>78897943
DC Nation Shorts were years ago man.
>>
Why would anyone be excited for this? They're just going to censor/remove everything that shows Barbara being in a vulnerable position.
>>
>>78903634
Cant remove her getting shot
>>
>>78900240
That guy is pretty good.
>>
>>78903566
That's all she was in the story
>>
I'd say the Long Halloween would have the same problem, just have 2 parts or merge them together, cutting out some Long Halloween stuff if needed to create more drama in the Killing Joke.
>>
>>78903634
Nah. Timm will probably ramp it up and try to make it sexy which is gonna be weird
>>
>>78903688
Oh they will, remember the whole shit over sjws getting DC to change that cover?
>>
>>78903979

BTAS had an episode where she died, when asked to tone it down they made it more brutal. The entire episode her death just serves to make Batman and Gordon fight.

Bruce isn't gonna cave to shit. He's hurt Babs before. For fuck sake he put her in a creepy awkward relationship with Bats. Do you really think he's going to just cave and cry misogyny?

If anything we'll get her a bit more fleshed out and maybe a scene at the end with her in recovery deciding to become Oracle. Essentially telling the story the way it would be told if it was done as a modern-day flashback would because in modern times that pain is a bit more important to her character.
>>
>>78904667
I don't think he'll cave to anything other than his boner for his own drawings
>>
>>78904731

This is a much more accurate assumption. I meant to link to the anon above you my bad. But really there's nothing to worry about because that story for all intents and purposes is retroactively more important for Barbara Gordon than anyone else in it.
>>
>>78897464
I'm calling it now, this will be the best DCAU movie of all time. OF ALL TIME.
>>
>>78904667
>with her in recovery deciding to become Oracle
Oh shit I didn't think about this. Do you think that DC editorial will nix any reference to Oracle Babs to not confuse any readers of the new Batgirl?
>>
>>78903634
>>78904471
God, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>78905634
Arkham Knight might have only gotten away with it because they had already established Oracle in the universe pre-flashpoint
>>
Can we have DCAU-style animation for this movie?
>>
File: 1427762767890.jpg (13KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
1427762767890.jpg
13KB, 172x166px
>>78897520
wtf?? what kind of retarded question is that? how tf are you going to sell short films in movie theaters?
>>
>>78906164
It's not coming out in theaters, dumbass.
>>
>>78906151
No and I don't know why people keep asking for it. Timm's gonna do what he did for Year One and TDKR and roughly recreate the comic style, but clean it up so it's not prohibitively expensive to animate.
>>
>>78903938
Mostly because it was a deconstruction never meant to really be canon. It relied on the fact you knew who a lot of the characters were because, well, you did. At the time (not the case anymore unfortunately) it wasn't anyone's first Batman story. The people reading knew who Babs was which is what Moore relied upon.
>>
File: ....png (116KB, 643x422px) Image search: [Google]
....png
116KB, 643x422px
>>78906164
>movie theaters
>>
File: 1427678318430.jpg (63KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
1427678318430.jpg
63KB, 488x434px
>>78906226
>>78906369
I stand corrected. I should read articles more often
>>
File: jokerfw19.jpg (17KB, 194x192px) Image search: [Google]
jokerfw19.jpg
17KB, 194x192px
So who is playing what characters?
Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill seem likely. I wouldn't mind Tara Strong for Barbara, but if they get someone else who's competent that's fine too. Jim Hastings is dead, so who should voice Gordon?

Any alternatives you'd also like to see? Any other characters you would like/hate to be thrown in? Will they get Robert Costanzo back for Harvey's tiny appearance? He did come back in Arkham Origins.

What sort of artstyle do you want? Something emulating Bolland as much as possible? More surreal colors to emulate the original release? Obviously no one wants it to look like the recolor. Would you be mad if it was Timm style?
>>
>inb4 they cut the barbara scene to pander to the SJW.
>>
>>78906164
When was the last time DC/Time Warner showed an animated feature in a theatre? You're dumb.
>>
>>78903938
Not really, it was a plot device to show how awful the joker can be. At not point Barbara is used as a "pair of boobs" and actually she looks quite ugly in the comic.
>>
File: 1359934662132.png (155KB, 396x259px) Image search: [Google]
1359934662132.png
155KB, 396x259px
>>78906490
Hamill and Conroy will be back 100%. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tara be Barbara, and if not her then maybe one from the Arkham games. Gordon has had a lot of voice actors, and a lot of them are good. If they want it to sound like the BTAS cast, the guy they got for The Dark Knight Returns was actually pretty close. I'd be fine with most choices here. Robert Constanzo would be cool, and he sounded the same in Origins as he did in the cartoon.

I hope they don't shoehorn in dumb characters where they don't belong. If I were to be fearful of anyone showing up it would be Harley. She's insanely popular, it's a Joker story, and Timm might be more willing to throw in one of his creations. Really hope not because there's really no need, I don't want to risk the possibility of her showing up with a shitty design that isn't her jester suit, and I REALLY don't want to hear Tara's dogshit Harley voice.

As for the artstyle, tbqh I actually wouldn't mind DCAU style, but I'd prefer something closer to the art of the comic, and the funky colors would definitely be a plus in my eyes.
>>
File: 1451602605954.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451602605954.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>78904667
>>
>>78906525
>Barbara opens door
>POV shot facing Joker as he stands there and raises his gun seemingly in slow motion
>Close up on Babs' face as the realization hits her
>small silent beat as slowly pulls the trigger
>cut to black
>fade in to Polaroids on a blank space showing Barbara lying in a pool of blood on the floor of her apartment

How mad would you be?
>>
>>78906730
What if they got Bryan Cranston back as Gordon? Still hoping he'll be the DCEU Gordon
>>
>>78907296
I would be okay with both of those things
>>
>>78906863
>bat character
>dies falling off a rooftop

Hilarious
>>
Why are they keeping everything about this under wraps? They never did this with their other DTV movies.
>>
>>78908455
[Spoiler]its canon to the dceu
>>
>>78908455
Putting Mark Hamill on the project connects it in spirit to the DCAU and gets all the casuals excited. Since it has enough hype to do so, they're taking that "let the fans wildly speculate about everything and do our marketing for us" approach.

It's the same reason all the TFA trailers were so vague.
>>
>>78908713
>Final scene
>Laughing begins to fade as camera pans down
>animated Jesse Eisenberg comes out
>Sees Batman grabbing Joker
>Wow, that is a good grip! You should not pick a fight with this person.
>>
Cannot wait discussing the comic with people only to find out they are talking about the movie under the pretense it is the same thing...Happens with DKR all the time.
>>
>>78908782
>Happens with DKR all the time.
Nothing is worse than not being able to use "TDKR" to refer to The Dark Knight Returns anymore unless it's explicitly clear.
>>
>>78908920
At least we lucked out because no one wants to talk about the Civil War comic.

There was another offender of this, but I don't remember what it was.
>>
>>78908455

Because there are two DTVs that are coming out before it and they need to promote those first.

Generally we know three at a time, the first is being heavily marketed, the second gets a few teases until the first comes out, and the third is just nothing until the second comes out and then we learn about the next one around there too.

This is pretty normal.
>>
In a perfect world, the animation would look like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5qoxxQpMY
>>
>>78910712
Wow the coloring even looks like the original.
>>
File: Zellers.png (426KB, 565x410px) Image search: [Google]
Zellers.png
426KB, 565x410px
>>78910712
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5qoxxQpMY
Jesus Christ, Batman's mouth animation in this
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.