[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Look at the Troubled Present and Uncertain Future of DC Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (102KB, 366x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 366x601px
http://sktchd.com/longform/dc-troubles-longform/#.VpPuTvVIxbU.twitter

An article about DC's declining sales, reasons it might have happened, and some ways to maybe fix it

What do you think DC should do /co/?

>Step One: Rebuild the DC Universe…
>Step Two: …While Embracing the Future
>Step Three: Dial Back the Release List
>Step Four: Cultivate the Talent Pool
>Step Five: Do. Not. Relaunch.
>>
>>78896057
>Step One: Make movies people will like (inb4, I liked MoS and am looking forward to the DCEU)
>Step Two: Market their comics better, whore themselves out everywhere
There you go, I saved DC.
>>
>>78896635
Oh, and I forgot to add
>Step Three: Make Harry Potter and LOTR comics.
>>
File: 1444515067949.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1444515067949.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>your daily DC is doomed post
I'll pass.
>>
>>78896057
>step one Make good movies
>step two Make comics similar to movies
>step three Make more comics similar to movies
>step four profit
>>
Go on the View and whore your comics out.
>>
>>78896057
They do most of that already, though.
>>
>>78896057
They're already getting better. It's going to be fine.
>>
>>78896658
Seriously, why aren't those a thing yet? Whose the asshole?
>>
>>78896771
If the early 00s taught us anything it's that comic/movie synergy doesn't make any difference at all.
>>
>>78896854
JK Rowling and Tolkien's family, probably. They can't just start making them willy-nilly, you know.
>>
>>78896854
JK Rowling won't allow it
>>
>>78896873
Shadow of Mordor got greenlit somehow.
>>
>>78896863
well that was true back then but its not the case now
>>
>>78896771
The Marvel way...

>Abuse buzzwords like diversity
>Have some hack like Bendis run most of the line
>Use stupid gimmicks to drive up interest, cancel the series when they stop being profitable, continue with the next gimmick
>Reboot and relaunch comics every 6 months
>EVERYTHING IS BASED ON THE MOVIES
>Characters make references to the movies

>Make reference to reddit memes, and pop culture CONSTANTLY

>Pay comics sites to run articles that shit on the competition
>pay websites to advertise your "Brave and New" Preggo Teen Gwen Stacey Spider-Woman on going

>Let talent gradually bleed out form your company, then use that money in advertising
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.