[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As an adult, have you felt like you cry a lot more during animated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: n01dvbAgO41sqrcppo1_500.png (113KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
n01dvbAgO41sqrcppo1_500.png
113KB, 500x280px
As an adult, have you felt like you cry a lot more during animated movies than when you were a kid? The only animated movies I distinctly remember crying over as a kid were The Land Before Time and The Fox & The Hound. As an adult though, it seems like every other animated movie I see ends up making my popcorn extra salty.

Why do you think that is? Do we just not remember crying during our favorite movies when we were that young? Are we just a lot more sentimental as we enter our 20s and 30s? Or, have Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks etc. simply gotten a lot more proficient at pulling our emotional strings?
>>
>>78893813
You're just a faggot pussy, OP. End yourself desu
>>
Well, I'm not a little bitchc so I've never cried during a movie.
>>
>>78893813
I have noticed that I cry more. I think it's that now that I'm older I can empathize more and better understand the situations in the movie.
>>
>>78893813
I got a bit teary eyed when Tearit-Down-Seth wrecked Sarah Silverman's kart.

It must be subliminal messages!
>>
File: The-Illusionist-2010-5.jpg (133KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
The-Illusionist-2010-5.jpg
133KB, 800x430px
>>78893813
I've always had a shit attentionspan, so I never paid enough attention to plot or characters other than cool-factor when I was young. I remember crying when Mufasa died in Lion King when I was 6, and at an episode of So Weird when I was 10, but that's about the earliest I can date it.
Of course I cry at everything now.

L'illusionniste hit me really hard.
>>
>>78893963
I was seriously not expecting to feel sad during that scene, but my eyes got a bit watery.

I think the first animated movie I can think of that I got emotional over as an adult was Bolt. Stuff involving pets getting hurt or killed has always gotten to me.

I would probably get a lot more emotional about Toy Story 2 if I went back and watched it, because some of the emotions kind of went over my head about Jessie's backstory because I was too young last time I saw it.
>>
>>78894125
>I've always had a shit attentionspan, so I never paid enough attention to plot or characters other than cool-factor when I was young
I think this might be the main factor.
>>
>>78893813
Why in the world would you think that's universal because you've experienced it?
Have you considered that you changed?
>>
>>78893813
Yes. This is me.
I think as an adult you can simply follow the plot better, but perhaps you are also better at understanding emotions in general. As a kid I felt more distant from fictional characters but now that I share more experiences with the characters I think " I know how that must feel" more often.
>>
>>78893866
>>78893886
Who hurt you?
>>
>>78896656
My guess is that they got slapped around by their parents any time they showed emotions. Makes you wonder why they'd have any interest in cartoons in the first place. >>78893886 >>78893866
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.